This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Burn Card
RP Wanted The Portal 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

What she actually wants to say, is yes, she does want someone else to take the initiative. It's one thing to say that if you want something, like an apple, that it's up to you to get it. It's another entirely to say that she should carve out an entire political structure to satisfy her want of stability. Isn't it? They felt very different, to Otem anyways.

But instead of voicing this she bites her lip, takes a breath and holds it. As he adds in the necklace's adjective, the air flies from her lips accompanied by an amused laugh that she can't quite keep in. "I suppose I could keep whining about it to strangers that I meet?" She chuckles in response to his question, hypothetical though it may have been.

"But you're right. Whoever is still around from Helovia clearly hasn't done anything. I probably shouldn't keep expecting them to." The smile faded off of her lips, but she plumps it back up as her bi-coloured gaze returns to Raein's. "I'm Otem, but the way."

Image credits

Garbage post is garbage ;-;

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
A smile creeps on my face, unbeknownst to myself, at the girl's joke.

If she complains to strangers, at least she doesn't lecture them incessantly.  Not even kindhearted Roscorro had been safe from my chiding words and inflated self-righteousness.  However, I think, at least, I helped this girl today.  The sensation that touch my heart was warm and soft, the feeling of sunlight on bright green leaves.

I had not felt that way in a long while.

Her words are downcast, though, but I knew that would change eventually.  She was young, alone, and frightened.  Whether or not she would seek out her kin and try to form a home here in the wild, ravenous Rift remained uncertain.  Even her lips make an inevitable turn downward for a brief moment before lifting back up with her eyes.

I'm Otem, by the way.

The name certainly fits her, looking at her coat colored like the trees in autumn - flecks of bright, burnished gold and amber warming the crest of her neck.  The rest of her body a warm brown, much like the trunks of the trees basking in the warm fall sun.

"Raein," I return, feeling a genuine urge to return the favor to the half-grown girl before me.  She might just be the first I have been truly glad to meet in many years.  I think somewhere, I commiserated with the sorrow in her heart, scrawled across the muscle by loss.

I always have a soft spot for the injured and isolated.  They crawled under my skin easier than any other presence in the world.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, miss Otem."
""
RAEIN.

[ ooc - /patpat.  IDK if you wanted to close this out or not, now that he's finished running his mouth (or so it seems). ;D]
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

The time has come such that either their conversation must take a surprising turn, or that it will end. A feeling of cold discomfort wafts through Otem's belly, as if the responsibility of carrying the discussion has somehow fallen to her. It probably hasn't, of course. But with a warlord and a sociopathic philosopher for parents, it isn't all that surprising that Otem's view of the world and her place within it can be rather skewed at times.  

"Nice to meet you as well. I'll remember your name - you know, for when I've started my own herd of dimwitted Helovian's." Although the joke is forced, there is genuine pleasure in the way the words twist from her lips. She tries to think of a natural way to depart, but of course social graces do not come naturally to her, and so instead she shuffles her wings and allows a small cough to leave her lips. She will remember Raein though, and not just for the theoretical day that she becomes a leader. If for no other reason, he was here the day she decided to stay in the Rift, and make a real go of making this place her own. 

"Well," she offers, a sly smile on her youthful features as her wings unfurl slightly. There's nothing more awkward then having said your goodbyes and then realizing you're both setting off in the same direction. Raein's wingless frame made Otem's mode of departure an obvious one. "-bye for now."

Image credits

amgggg why is your writing so good ;-;

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.