This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Eyes in the Dark
RP Wanted The Portal 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Ruwin
K'yarie was at it again. Asking questions about others that the gruff stallion thought unnecessary and prying. He rarely cared to ask anything about anyone, normally his encounters with people didn't last long enough to get there. Honestly he could care less about knowing someone's life story. So you had a hard, sad life. Most everyone in this world did. It was what you did with yourself after all of that hardship that mattered. He never cared about where you came from, or even what your were called. No, Watcher merely cared about who you were. How you acted. That was the true merit of someone. No names or fancy titles, no glorious or tragic history. No, it was how you took all of the things in your life and used them. How did those experiences mold you? How did you not let them change you? So Watcher rarely asked questions, if he even spoke at all. He simply observed the person before him. If they ever met again he would continue to absorb all that he saw before moving on. He saw one side of Raein today. Perhaps, if they met again, he would see a different side that would add to his image of this curious stranger.

So far the stallion liked him. he didn't say much or care to pry like some. Like Ruwin, he simply soaked up the scene with a quiet intelligence, though he was more civil then the Rocky Mountain Horse. Maybe he would continue liking Raein even after then encountered each other again. If they ever did. This world was large and constantly changing. They could run into one another the next day, or never see each other again for as long, or as short, as they lived. He was happy at least this stranger had kept K'yarie busy. So when he inquired of their origins the stallion chose to oblige him with an answer. "We're natives." He said simply. It was enough. Moving further away from K'yarie he began to move off, casting over his shoulder as he went. "Perhaps the friendliest you'll find out here." With that the buckskin was gone, vanishing into the mist and darkness.

talk talk talk talk
Hiding below my shadow yet dancing above my fears
I grip sorrow's edge as you crumble to fall at my soul's tears
I have not forgotten you,
but sometimes I cannot help feeling numb

(ooc: Ruwin out!)
image credit to jason-samfield @ flickr.com
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
a
At the mention of coming from another world the great mare's features seemed to soften. It was never easy entering a new place. She knew not of his circumstances that brought him here, but she knew that the Rift was a harsh land. Especially for those unfamiliar with its... intricacies. He said that none of his world had been taken into the borders of her own. So he was not a Helovian. He wasn't a sunstealer or godkiller, or what ever new slander the other natives came up with.

"Welcome to our home then, Raein." She said, with a small nod. "This place is a little rough around the edges-" She heard Watcher snort at this and ignored him- "But it is home." At his question Watcher chose to answer, surprising the dark mare. He was not one to willingly volunteer an answer, to anyone. His next words were given in parting, causing her to snort. "Watcher!" She scolded, but he had already vanished into the night. Turning to Raein she offered a soft smile. "What he meant was that not many natives care for those who enter our lands. They see them as invaders, especially those from Helovia. Be careful, especially around those of wild pelts, such as mine, they may be natives. And they may view newcomers with a more, hostile light."

"But not everyone is so, hostile towards new comers. Some of us see it as a good things. Progress." Her eyes drifted back to the shadows where her companion had vanished. "And some of us don't care at all as long as they can keep living how they want." Honestly, what was she going to do with that stallion? He needed to lighten up. Raein, in some ways, reminded her of the stoic native. Both were quiet and observant, but Raein was far more congenial. Down right friendly if you compared him to Watcher. That stick in the mud could learn a thing or two from the golden male.

"You've said that you've recently arrived, what do you think of this broken world?" She was curious to know what the none natives thought of this land. She had grown up within the Rift and was used to the chaos and constant change. But others were not. She wondered how well non-natives were fairing in her homeland. Raein being her first encounter with an 'invader' she was curious to know his thoughts on the matter.

talk talk talk talk
The moon bathes her in love
the stars kiss her skin
and the shadows bow at her feet.
As the sun looks on with jealousy.
K'yarie
image credit to Azteca @ deviantart.com

@Raein
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
I wonder with what authority K'yarie welcomes me to their home, but Watcher is fast to answer the question looming in my mind.  So, the odd pair are natives.  I cannot recall encountering any others, and Roscorro had mentioned none in our brief encounter.  The land he spoke of was called Helovia.

I offer the stallion a smirk with comment that they are the friendliest I might encounter.  I wonder what sort of hardasses Riftians are, if Watcher can be considered friendly.  The mare could easily be considered such, though I would posit she is more nosey than actually friendly.

Watcher disappears to the shadows, and I am frankly not surprised.  I suppose I am the distraction allowing him to escape K'yarie now, and he siezed the opportunity without a second thought.  The mare calls after him, but if he had looked back, I could not see.

Her velvet voice attempts to smooth over the damage dealt by Waker's comment, but I take it more as a warning from my new acquaintance.  She mentions that the natives tend to be particularly hostile toward Helovians, which I find strange; this realm destroyed their home, yet those of the Rift are hostile toward those left abandoned in this realm?  "Why do they dislike Helovians?" I muse aloud, teal eyes looking at my companion curiously.

I assume this mare views new arrivals as good things, whereas she implies Watcher is the latter - someone who couldn't give a shit.  Seems accurate, based on my brief interaction with the stallion.

Her cunning eyes look to me once more, prying further for my opinions on this realm.  I look about us, in the strange forest with disembodied eyes and eerie shadows.  How did I truly feel about this place, I wonder?  "A dog will often bite when cornered," I say, my voice a rich baritone sounding oddly warm despite the ugly image it describes.  "I think that is how this land feels.  The true nature of it is buried underneath fear and desperation."

She called it broken, and yes, I can definitely understand that description as well.  Broken beyond repair?  Perhaps, but I doubt I would have been sucked into this strange reality only to watch the world around me die.
Whatever twist of fate brought me here has a plan, I was certain.

"Other than that, I have not been here long enough to cast my judgment."
""
RAEIN.
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
She was disappointed that her toy had escaped, but she did not move to pursue him. She would let him have some peace, for now. Until then her attention remained on Reain. She had hoped that he would take her advice to heart and remain cautious around those who may be natives. With the way he treated her and Watcher, she had little doubt that he would be careful when meeting strangers. Her words invoked a question from him. She waited until he answered her own until she replied with an answer.

"The Helovians will go about telling you how this world devoured their own and killed their gods." She began. "But they often fail to tell you how their own gods killed ours, plunging our world into further chaos. It was then, out of the broken bodies of our deities, a new being formed. Created by our world's desperation to survive and the god's need for revenge. He is known as Kisamoa and he slew the gods of Helovia and the Rift devoured their world in order to survive. A cornered dog that bit back." She added the last part with a small smile. It was like he had said. This world was buried in fear and desperation, its true beauty had been hidden long ago.

"Natives call Helovian Sun-stealers, god-killers, and other derogative terms that convey their hatred for those who stole their gods. We feel the desperation of our land as it fights to survive, but have been helpless in its continuous fall into chaos and destruction. The speed in which it travels to its death increased by the Helovians." Her face softened as she looked at the forest around her, sadness brushing her features. She had watched her land descend into darkness for six years. With every passing moment it slipped further and further towards its demise, helpless to stop it.

"I believe that land has brought over so many in its attempts to heal itself. It summoned you, I apologize if you were content within your own world, but I cannot imagine that it took you without reason."
She watched him, gauging his reaction. Yes, she saw the new life entering their world as a sign of hope. The Rift was fighting to survive and so it was bringing others within it realm to bolster its forces. But for what? As chaotic and unpredictable as the Rift was, it tended to have a method behind its madness. "Perhaps that was more than you cared to hear." She said with an airy laugh. "But that is the reason why most natives do not care for Helovians and others that have entered our home."

talk talk talk talk
The moon bathes her in love
the stars kiss her skin
and the shadows bow at her feet.
As the sun looks on with jealousy.
K'yarie
image credit to Azteca @ deviantart.com

@Raein