This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
it's in the smoke and pouring fatigue.
Open Tar Pits 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
Others may have been concerned about their own safety, attempting to lift such a large stallion off the sand, but the shaman never really thought of herself in that manner. She would not have even left the Fields if not ordered to sneak away by her parents.

The actual weight of Roscorro is not realized until she is pushing with all her might against his side, however. Her relatively dimunitive frame feels pathetically small now, but the grit and determination of her spirit wages against the physical frailty of her body. Mind over matter usually worked for the shaman, and there was no exception today. Against the odds, Roscorro raises to his feet and stands, albeit shakily, on his own.

A sigh of relief pulses past Taivas's mouth as she looks over his form with satisfaction.

Where to?

Taivas thinks back on her journey into the Tar Pits, and remembers dried but edible grass to the south, nearing the entrance to the Portal's forest. "South," she says firmly, walking slowly beside the weak and quaking behemoth she knew to be a friend. "There was some grass not covered by snow in the south of this land."

The further they drift from the warmth of the Tar Pits, the more crushing the chill of winter becomes. Taivas is thankful for the thick coat surrounding her frame, but worries about the failing strength of her companion and they forge out into the desolate sand, lighted by the afternoon sun but feeling little of its warmth. In the distance, tufts of yellow and pale green begin to stick out from the sands.

At least now they had a vision of their goal to push them forward to succeed.
When I turn jet black, and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
Taivas
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see
South

He looked in that direction and set his jaw in a determined manner as he nodded. South it is. He lifted the first foot hesitantly. His body swayed dangerously, but he pushed on. One foot, then the other, then the other. His pace was agonizingly slow and unsteady. Jarring and halting as he struggled towards their goal. He stopped several times as he nearly fell, stumbling in the sand like a new born foal unused to its legs. But he never hit the earth. His breath came in heavy, his sides heaving as a sheen of sweat covered his body. He soon began to shiver as the cold pierced him. But he simply grit his teeth and kept walking. At this point he was no longer thinking, singularly focused on the task of putting one foot in front of the other. He fell into a dull haze, numb to the rest of the world. Only the need to keep going and the gnawing hunger remained.

He had begun to even forget that Taivas was beside him, even when she gave him subtle direction he barely registered her presence, until she spoke. He shuttered to a halt, his eyes wide as the world came crashing in around him once more. But he could not process it, it was but a blur of confusion, light, sound, cold. He shivered violently, great puffs of steam spewing from his flared nostrils. He had barely registered what his friend had said, only seeing the sparse grass in which she spoke of in the distance. He shuffled on, wings pressed tightly around himself for warmth. Eyes glued to his goal he plowed on. Like a half broken steam train he jerked along, struggling to move forward under his own power despite everything that endeavored to halt him. He saw nothing else around him.

Only the grass existed as he fumbled in the loose sand. It felt like hours before he reached the brittle grass. Head already bowed low from exhaustion, he nibbled at the dry grass. It crunched and cracked as he devoured the brittle pieces of food. It was not much, but it would give his body sustenance. He continued to mechanically eat everything he could find, his mind still dull from the physical rigors of their trek. he snuffled and snorted in the sand as he searched for more food, his weary muscles wishing for nothing more than to drop to the earth once more. But they held on because he refused to go down again. If he did, he would not get back up. The meager meal sat within his belly, slowly stirring warmth within him. He lifted his large, brown head to peer up at Taivas only just becoming aware of the world again. "There is still some grass here, if you are hungry too." he had managed to avoid devouring it all before remembering she was there. How rude would that have been, wolfing everything down without offering his savior a single bite!

"TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Taivas <3

ooc: I thought I had replied to this! I am so sorry!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
Shakily and with little grace, Roscorro manages the impossible. Much like Waker had many nights before, the dragonkin summons unimaginable inner strength as he drags his hooves and paws one step at a time over the sands. The shaman attempts to offer as much aid as possible, but there is little the mare can do for her friend. She managed to help him to his feet, albeit with much effort on both of their parts. This task was one resting almost solely on his shoulders.

Still, she took several pauses when his pace slowed to near halts, allowing him to catch up to her.

Her hooves flashed the white sand she she walked, allowing his eyes to simply follow the soft movement if he wished, but the closer they came, the more and more his attention seemed to fix upon the dried grass.

It was not much. A piteous feast, especially for one so large as Roscorro, yet his relief is felt moreso than seen by the starry eyed maiden as they come within range. Taivas remains quietly by the outskirts of the small patch, her eyes gazing out at the world. Partly, she held the desire to stand guard over the behemoth who still needed to rest and gather strength.

She almost does not hear, for the mare had partly fallen into her own thoughts, when he offers the last part of the already measly meal left behind in the sand. "No," she says quietly, a small smile breaking over her velveteen muzzle. "You go ahead."
When I turn jet black, and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
Taivas

[ ooc - idk if you want to wrap this up with a fade to black or outro, but I didn't really know where to go next. D: ]