This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
it's in the smoke and pouring fatigue.
Open Tar Pits 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
She had never seen the Dragon's Throat, the Wildwing Islands, or the Pegasus Cliffs.  Despite this, her mother shared the descriptions of those places with a voice calm and full of longing.  Taivas began to imagine them, live vicariously in the depths of the stories told by her mother in cold nights under the stars.  Father only knew of the Fields and surrounding areas, never being a soul fit for adventure.  He, too, listened, attention rapt, as Onni described  for him the constellations and open expanse of sky visible in the desert.

The only thing Talin loved more than his family was the Night Sky, after all.

So, it is with a morose mood that Taivas watches the sun break over the horizon.  The stars slowly flit and fade with the increase of sunlight, drowning their gentle glow in pallid pink and yellow.  Despite the warm the sunlight seems to promise, the air is still bitingly cold.  Her wings wrap around her protectively, clutching what warmth she could manage in thin layers of feathers.  Briefly, the starlit girl wonders what happened to the boy she found careening, drenched and tired, into the Portal.

No use wondering over things you can not answer, she supposes.

The meek sun raises slightly more into the sky, revealing the expanse of a great desert before her.  However, despite never having set eyes upon Helovia, Taivas knows this is not the desert she had been seeking.  The color of the sand is dull and lifeless, not radiant like lifeblood.  There are not waves of sandstone peeking out in the distance.  The Rift, wherever this was, did not hold the place she wished to go.

However, Taivas could not bring herself to leave blindly.  Somehow, she had missed her destination.  Somehow, she ended up in the wrong area of the globe entirely.  Until she could find someone to point her in the direction she wished to go, staying put was her best course of action.

Luckily, the shaman was known back home for her never-ending patience.

Still, the chill and frost causes her muscles to ache and whine for movement.  Slowly, she walks along the floor of the desert; she gave up flying most anywhere nowadays, since she was in no hurry to leave.  Her travels bring her further north, seeking more warmth from the sun in the bland landscape.  Minutes or hours, some undefined amount of time passes with an unremarkable pace.

Then, something catches her eye.

A dark ooze, bubbling and fizzing in the cold, sitting amid the flat sands of the desert.  Quietly, the girl approaches the strange, massive pool of... gunk that smells acrid, borderline putrid.  The fizzles and hiss of each bubble that pops through the viscous substance warns her not to touch the surface.  However, there is something that outweighs the repulsive scent.

Warmth.

The pit of goo and sizzles radiates a warmth Taivas hadn't felt since arriving in this land.  With a smile on her face, she remains on the outskirts of the muck.  Like a witches cauldron, you might not want to step inside, but there is a fire underneath it.

This will do, she thinks to herself pleasantly while doing her best to ignore the sulfuric air.

When I turn jet black, and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
Taivas

[ ooc -- Hopefully @Roscorro wouldn't mind joining her, but open for anyone.  ^^ ]
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see
His movements were sluggish and quiet, unhurried, utterly aimless in his wandering. His wings were tucked tightly to his sides in an effort to conserve warmth. The warm down of his feathers and the ever thickening coat upon his body, did little to fend off the bite of the cold. He had an over whelming urge to hiss in disgust. Where that primeval, instinctual feeling came from, he did not know. It crept from deep within his soul. The part connected to deep, ancient roots. A hidden, dark pit he knew not of, or refused to acknowledge. What ever the case may be that irritated hiss bubbled and boiled within his blood, building into an outraged roar. A furious challenge to the world that had drained it of its untapped powers. This unbridled rage broiled within him, mixing with the cold depression that clutched his heart in icy talons. Until nothing but a numb, emotionless state remained as the two polar opposite collided. Leaving him empty as the memories of the hurt, and anger upon Kiada's face continued to flash before his eyes. Like a cruel movie. Constant. Unending. Merciless.

Her words had cut him deeper than any wound ever would. He had thought that he knew pain, knew the anguish of loss. But never before had experienced this kind of throbbing, ceaseless ache. Like a wound filled with salt. Knowing that it was he, rather then another, who had caused Kiada such pain: He who had brought this situation down upon himself, made the pain far worse. Never before had he ever done another wrong. Not in the sense that most would consider. His parents had always told him that it was his fault when another was punished for his existence. But he had never caused those he cared for pain by betraying them. His parents were right. He was nothing but a beast. A child born with the blood of a monster. Destined to cause others harm and destruction. The voices of his parents echoed in his mind. Joining with Kiada's hate filled words until he was not sure if he even deserved to live anymore. The words of those who had cared for him, those who had died for him. Were lost to the depths of his despair.

All he saw was the pain he had caused. Here and in the world before. And so he left. Honoring Kiada's wishes he had left the ruined city far behind. Wondering for who knew how long. He was blind to the world around him. Allowing his mere instincts to lead him. He was only vaguely aware of the sand as it squeaked and shifted underfoot. Still he did not take in the world around him. The blood, still disturbed by the world it had been forced into. It reached out to the world. Sensing something it craved. Something it had had since times long before. Warmth. The dragon-kin was unaware of the change in direction that he subconsciously made. Only that, after weeks of aimlessly wandering, his body came to a halt. His skin twitched as a familiar, yet alien sensation wrapped around him. Heat.

Nose wrinkling as he registered the acrid scent, he lifted his head. The foul fumes accosting his sense of sight and smell, bringing his mind to the forefront for the first time in a long while. He was forced to look at the world he now lived in. Miles of endless sand sprawled around him. Before him a sickly, bubbling goo sizzled and seethed in the sand before his claws. How had he gotten here? he only vaguely remembered entering this place. Though he was not sure how long ago that was. With awareness, came the exhaustion. It hit him like a mountain falling atop his shoulders. His legs shook violently. He gasped as his forelegs, unable to carry him any further, buckled. The sand was soft, but not forgiving as the massive beast fell. The air fled from his lungs in a heavy gasp. He did not have the strength to chase after it, his lugs taking in small, shallow whispers. His head lay on the mound of warm sand. Warm, so warm. He had not felt this way in so long. If only he could just lay here and sleep. Sleep...

Something scurried before his nose. He opened his eyes to see a strange rodent shuffling from its hiding place towards the rancid water the lay near by. For the first time Roscorro realized that he was starving. His fangs itched, and that hidden part of his soul urged him to lash out, to snatch the small beast as it came within reach. Not many knew that the stallion was born with teeth of an omnivore. Fangs, molars, teeth to grind and tear. He was capable of eating both flesh and grass. Though his tender soul had never allowed him to partake of the meat of another living soul. He was infinitely grateful that his parents had never learned of the odd physical makeup of his interior. Or else they would have come up with horrible punishment involving his carnivores capabilities. In his weakened metal state, he might have actually given in the to savage desire. But his body would not move. He was too tired. So tired. He just needed to sleep. Yes. Rest and regain his strength. Then he would find food. For the briefest of moment the stallion had forgotten of Kiada as the blackness edged in on his vision, consuming him in its gentle embrace.
"TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Taivas

OOC: By baby is so broken! TvT On the bright side. I am finding my writing mojo again!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Dark, starry eyes close as a small smile forms on dark lips. The heat from the sizzling goo is pleasant, so alien in the the brutal winter that reigned in this land.

In her revelry, the girl almost does not hear the approach of another. However, since her encounter in Uwaritace, Taivas is decidedly more alert in the foreign land than she had been before. So, an ear flickers over at the sound of heavy footfalls, a depressed and shuffling gait. Her eyes open to see a familiar face.

A small smile reaches out toward the behemoth of a stallion, only to fade instantly as he plummets into the earth with a lack of grace she hadn't seen since the Portal. Quickly, the mare takes to a quick trot, bringing herself to a halt just besides the gentle-hearted stallion.

"Roscorro," she calls, her voice light and filled with a worry her face did not reflect. "Are you alright?"

The mare is flatly torn, unsure exactly what to do. Her eyes scour his frame, seeking a physical wound to mend with the aid of the spirits, but finding blood of apparent malady. The breathing of the great dragonkin is labored and slow, his attention poor at best. The girl had never seen heartache before, so she cannot clearly diagnose her friend. Instead, her mind races through all of her teachings back home in the Fields, finding no answer to his current state.

She inwardly curses her ineptitude. Surely, her mother would not falter and fail a friend in this time of need.

The shaman leans on her knees, bringing her painted face closer to his own, trying to catch the gaze beneath heavy lids of fatigue. Quietly, the mare settles into the earth, laying beside the one who guided her safely from the Portal, when she had been so terrified and alone. Whatever he was currently suffering from, she could not allow him to be alone.
I live to let you shine
Taivas

[ ooc -- *wraps him in a blanket with cocoa* ;-; ]
angel, wrestle me
You are useless. A voice his own, yet not, hissed within the darkness. A soft hearted worm. Weak. Helpless. Naïve. Unworthy to have my blood. Fade from existence and wipe your pathetic form from my line. Its presence within his soul was familiar. He knew it, could not escape it. Fore it was he himself. Yet it wasn't. It was something older. Something tied to that dark corner of his soul that had awoken the day he had incurred Kiada's wrath.

The voice continued to bombard him with vile, degrading words. The stallion barely listened as he continued to drift towards the void. It would be so wonderful to simply enter that darkness and escape the pain, the abuse. Quiet. Dark. Sweet nothingness. It would be so easy to go. Who would miss him? Gwyn cared little for his presence and Kiada hated him. Neither would care to see him leave. He had no ties to this world. So why stay? But would Gwyn be okay without him?

Gwyn will be better off without you. Had you stayed by her longer, you could have gotten her killed. You are a curse to those around you. That voice whispered heatedly.

It was right. She had gotten on without him before. She did not need him. Then another voice whispered to him. Called his name. He tried to brush it away. Leave me be! He hissed. Let me leave... I want to leave... But the voice refused to leave. It was so concerned for him. Not like any of the others that he heard. He opened his eyes when he felt someone lay next to him. The warmth of another body drew him away from the darkness. Vision blurry, he could barely focus on the being next to him. Their form swam before him. It was familiar. Taivas. The name floated through his mind. Yes. The mare he had met when she had first arrived in this world.

On the day you lost your powers. The voice growled. You were useless to her then and you are useless now. All you will do is hurt her too.

It was true. He had done her no good. He needed to get away before he did something to her too. He no longer trusted himself. Something within him was shifting and writhing to get out. It would hurt her if it had a chance. But he could not get away, or push Taivas aside. Too weak to do anything. He was so tired of it all. Again the darkness began to drift towards him. But the sound of her worry still rang in his ears, trying to force him to stay conscious. To care about the world again. He was normally so stubborn, so optimistic and determined to cling to any shred of hope no matter how fanciful. But his soul was beaten down and tired. Life was so hard. It hurt to exist. Wouldn't it be easier just to...

...Disappear...?

He took a deep breath, his gaze still locked with Taivas as he tried to remember what she had said. Something that she deemed important enough to say. He looked away, unable to accept the kindness. She was warm. So warm. She had even come down to his level. Laying in the sticky, gritty sand to share her own warmth with him. She deemed him worthy enough of her help, even if he did not. In that moment something within him collapsed. He couldn't push her away, the side of him that wanted to live, no matter what surged forward. Like a flood it crashed through his body, sweeping away the voices with a roar. With it came the emotions. His heart throbbed with more pain and he gasped for breath as he drew upon a well of strength he did not know he had to move closer to the mare. His ever shining star.

Her light was what he grasped onto at this moment, pulling himself away from the dark void that wanted to swallow him. The voice that had emerged from within him screamed as it was drowned out by the flood of survival instinct, emotion, and light. The giant opened his lips to try and answer Taivas's question. He remembered it, her words pulled from the haze of his mind as he came closer to her. He attempted to lay his own head across her legs, titled rather awkwardly so the spine did not bring her harm, as he sought to draw comfort from her presence. "Taivas." Was all that he was to speak. His voice weak and filled with emotion. He still couldn't muster the strength to say more, having used up the rest of his energy getting closer to her. His eyes watered with tears and he closed them to hide the pain that swam within them.

"TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Taivas <3

OOC: My giant needs cuddles. =(
Taivas the Hopebringer
Taivas never faced inner demons such that Roscorro is facing now.

She struggles with the typical insecurities of a young girl, coming of age, especially in the shadow of her parents.  Their presence felt larger than life most days.  Father held the most respected title of their clan, and mother remained unrivaled in her healing aptitude since her arrival into the Fields.  Even her brother grew quickly into the favor of the Elders due to his rare ability to wield starfire.

Then, there stood the looming knowledge that her peers disliked her.  A quiet girl, one who connected with the spirits early, became the target of gossip and envy but never of friendship.

Still, for the most part, Taivas kept her self-esteem high.  She chose to protect her soft-heart by a cold exterior.  What started out as simply being shy and reserved became a defensive shell, a barrier to prevent others from digging too closely, too dangerously into her heart.  The deception fooled even herself, for the shaman no longer sought friendships.  She no longer hoped for attachments.  She simply provided what she could for others, expecting nothing in return.

Yet, as the night sky of her eyes watches the pain, confusion, and doubt swirl openly across Roscorro's face, she feels it.  Deep in the pit of her chest, she feels the chill of fear - not the mortal fear felt upon their first night meeting in the Portal.  Fear for someone else, the spikes of ice working their way dangerously in her heart, causing tension to pull and tug her normally placid expression into a mannequin's version of worry.  Her eyes feel heavy and warm, like tears threaten to make their way through her pallid lashes and fall on the sullen face of the dragonboy.

The gaze meeting hers feels empty, like the presence of his soul had gone missing before she arrived.  The shaman tries not to panic as she gazes at him from her perch upon the sand.  "Roscorro?" she tries again, as a breath shudders from his lungs.  Something within him collapses then, the girl suspects, but instead of crashing down into the sand in defeat, a strange sort of expression fills his face.

Tilting her head slightly, the moonlit girl tries to piece together what he was feeling - what was wrong, how she could help.  Anything to save her from the anxiety building in her body.

Upon her bent knees, his face is brought to rest, cradled gently on her limbs as they lay together in the sand.  The warm breath expelled from his lungs tickles her chest, and Taivas blinks rapidly.  Never before had she been so close to another who was not her family.  However, being able carry his weight, even this much, melts the spikes of ice pooled around her heart.  At the very least, she could console her friend like this.

The voice that comes from his weakly parted lips is small and frail, but the emotion carried upon the sound of her own name makes a tear, matching his own, well in the corner of her eye.

"Rest, my friend," she says simply, reaching down gently to brush his long forelock from his face with her velveteen muzzle.  "I will watch over you."
I live to let you shine
Taivas
angel, wrestle me
She would never know the comfort her presence, her warmth brought to the stallion. Fore words would never be able to describe the anguish that his soul had been in, or the darkness that seeped into every corner of his being as it sought to snuff out his life. Having her lay beside him, her warmth seeping into the marrow of his bones, was his lifeline. It gave the part of him that wanted to live something to hold onto. The part that always tucked away the kind, encouraging words of his surrogate mother, but never dared believe them. He had never allowed himself to truly believe that another could care for him. Sure, she loved him. But she had raised him from a foal and thus shaped who he was. Those set to guard him had soften towards him, even come to care for him, but there had always been a distance between them.

Whether that distance was real or merely imagined, it had been there. All of them had been forced to be with him. Only then did they actually come to know him. Never had anyone had the free choice to stay or leave. Taivas was the first, free person that he had ever met. She was also the only one that had not only met him, but now lay beside him in his time of need. She did not simply run off. She chose to stay. To help. To care. This was what had struck him so deeply. What had given him strength to hold on. To combat the voice within himself that sought to tear him down. Though he was not aware of this. Too dazed and confused. Too tired to think or register what was transpiring. He only watched her. Held onto the sight of her face as he lay there. Her words caressed his ears and he shudders, his lungs letting out a deep breath. Sluggishly his eyes close as the comfort of knowing that he was not alone settles his heart. Darkness edged in on his vision, and this time, he no longer fought it.

-Time Lapse-

He was not sure how long he slept. Caught up in the comforting oblivious of exhaustion, he slept on. Unaware of how his tail would eventually move in an attempt to wrap around Taivas, like a cat curls their tail around their kittens. Nor was he conscious of the fact that he would lean further into her, seeking the reassurance of her presence. he knew not of his actions or the reaction of Taivas. Only blackness prevailed as his body tried to recover from it harsh treatment.

You really think that you can survive in this world? The voice whispered in the darkness, full of malice and disgust. A weak hearted creature, who falls apart simply because he stole from some random mare? Bah! You will be ripped apart by this world. Curse the gods for binding me to you. Curse the blood in your veins!

The voice boomed in the void. Shattering the blissful silence that had wrapped around the stallion's consciousness. Roscorro's eyes shot open, jarred from his exhaustion induced sleep. The voice faded into an angry grumble, trapped within the darkness where the giant's own soul had shoved it, determined the smother it before the black flame grew. But its fight was weak, the mind and body still tired. And so the distance snarls continued in the back of the Clydesdale's mind. But that was not what grabbed the gentle being's attention. No. He had forgotten the words that had drifted through his mind between the world of the waking world and sleep, where the walls of that internal prison weakened and the voice crept through. What captured his attention that very moment, was the form of Taivas, and the fact that he was wrapped around her.

His muscles ached and protested as he pulled away. His body was warm, much too warm. Had he no fur one could see the way it flushed as his heart hammered against his chest. he did not stand, fearing that his legs would not yet support him. Otherwise he would have fumbled, trying to stand in a hurried attempt to put distance between them. Like Taivas, he had never been so close to another outside of his care giver. He was never the type to force his presence on another, nor had he ever attempted to drew so near to anyone in such an intimate way. He did not recall even drawing so near to her. She should have slapped him across the face with a wing for being so pertinent. He could not meet her gaze. He was like a child caught doing something he should not have. The part of his body that had been pressed against her felt so cold now that it had been withdrawn from her touch. Stupid. Don't think about that! He scolded. In the back of his mind the voice snickered.

Flustered the dragon-kin could not ever speak as the weight of what had transpired finally fell upon him. He felt exhausted all over again, its bite held off by the adrenaline that now coursed through his body. Stemmed by his embarrassment in putting the kind mare in such a position. At least he wasn't dwelling on his betrayal of Kaida. Though the stallion wanted to dig a hole and hide in it all over again. But for a far different reason than before. This was just too much! He hid his head underneath his talons, as if this vain act would shield him from Taivas's gaze. "I-I'm sorry!" He finally stuttered. "I-I didn't mean..." He didn't mean what? The stallion wasn't exactly sure what 'What' was, but he felt deeply embarrassed for what ever it was. Why had he gotten so close to Taivas in the first place? He should have known better than to take advantage of her kindness. Not that he was aware of what he had done. Stupid, stupid, stupid! He silently cursed at himself.

"TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Taivas <3
OOC: -dies-
Roscorro is attempting to wrap his tail around Taivas, and lean closer. (Though he was unaware of this fact).
Taivas the Hopebringer
The soft colors of the morning sky slowly give way to a vibrant, cloudless blue.  The sun travels steadily across the sky, but Roscorro remains asleep.

The moonlit girl remains laying in the sand beside her companion.  Long ago, hours maybe, his tail had come to wrap around her.  Taivas welcomed the warmth afforded by her friend's body, making no attempt to unwind the limb from her own side.  Even as the behemoth scooted closer, surrounding her small figure, she remains a statue, still and silent.  Her dark eyes keep a vigilant watch on their surroundings while he sleeps, but otherwise, naught by the wind rustles and stirs as the dragonboy breathes easy in the realm of dreams.

Another mare may have been embarrassed by the way Roscorro latched to her, like a foal to its mother, while he slept.  However, Taivas has never been one to embarrass easily, if at all.  She feels no flutter in her heart from the nearness of another, no youthful rush of adrenaline.  Instead, she looks at her current position as simply a caretaker, a friend.  Thinking back to Waker, she acted similar; starting a fire and laying down near him, though certainly not anywhere near as close.

So, when her friend begins to regain his consciouness, mind reaching back into reality and out of the fog of dreams, she cannot really understand his motivation to literally hurl himself away.  As the giant labors to loose himself from her side, Taivas patiently waits until she can move her limbs freely - the front legs previously supporting his head.

The mare pushes onto her knees, feeling the ache of her joints caused by such a long period of immobility.  Her limbs prickle and quiver for a few moments before she can right herself, standing for a moment before shaking loose the sand from her pelt.

She glances down, starry eyes catching on a clawed paw hardly covering the boy's face below.  His voice stammers out an apology - one he shouldn't offer, since she does not even understand what he could feel sorry about.  "You needn't apologize," she says calmly, voice flat as ever.  Her face remains passive and still, and she turns her gaze out over the bubbling mess of the Tar Pits.

"How do you feel?"

She doesn't ask how he got into his former state, for she may be kind but still reserved.  Also, there was a part deep within telling her that dredging up his emotional stress would only serve to worsen his mood and probably her own.  Best to leave things unsaid.
I live to let you shine
Taivas

[ ooc - Taivas has no idea what is happening lol. ]
angel, wrestle me
She did not react embarrassed or mortified at his brazen act. She merely regard him with her cool, even gaze as she always did. That did not stop him from feeling abashed. He viewed his actions as appalling and disrespectful, even if he had only been seeking comfort in her presence. An innocent gesture of a fatigued and lonely heart. Still, it was inexcusable and his adoptive mother would have been furious with him. Her assurance that he had no need to apologize did calm him slightly. So he had not offended her in anyway. But still, he would make a point to never come so close to her again without permission. He did not feel he had earned such a right yet, even if he thought them friends.

Slowly his head emerges from its pitiful cover underneath his massive paws and he looks at her once more. At the question given he is made all to aware of the weariness and guilt that still clung to him. But that took a back seat to the wailing hunger that crashed into his gut like a stampeding bull. It howled for all to hear and her grinned sheepishly. He had forgotten when he had eaten last. Again his teeth itched and that dark voice whispered to him to hunt and kill something, anything. Maybe take a nimble out of your little girlfriend. I'm sure she wouldn't care. It chuckled. Rosco gave a violent mental thrust towards the voice, forcing it back again. "I still feel weak, but better. Thank you." He said, his voice quiet as it filled with emotion. Words would never be able to express how grateful he was for her. Or explain to her how she had saved his life with her simple kindness. Never would he be able to convey the fear he felt towards the darkness that seemed to constantly whisper to him now. His stomach gave another angry grumble. The stallion's ears flicked back in embarrassment. "I don't know how long it has been since I have eaten. I guess I am a little hungry."

Shifting in the sand the massive horse tried to stand. Every muscle quaked from the strain as he forcefully put each foot beneath him. He stumbled as his front legs refused to stand, leaving his rear to follow back down to the earth. His sides heaved as he gave it another shot, his wings splaying outward in a feeble attempt to keep him balanced as he struggled to rise. He had not intention of sending Taivas off to search for food on her own. She had done so much for him already, he couldn't ask her for more. His instincts told him that he needed to rise, needed to get on his feet and keep moving. To remain still for too long was dangerous in this world. He had no idea how long he had been out, but he felt that it was far too long. So he stubbornly tried to rise to his feet, unwilling to let the darkness win over him again and bring him back to that terrible place. Unwilling to let himself crash down to the earth and force another to go out of their way to save him again.

"TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Taivas <3
Taivas the Hopebringer
A roar issued from his stomach answers Taivas's question before the dragon can speak. As one might expect, no visible change appears on her face at the noise, not even a muffled version of surprise.

His own words are fragile and delicate, barely heard over the hiss and sizzle of the tar they stood beside. In response to his thanks, Taivas offers a silent nod, but little else. She watches him carefully, with worry still nestled in her mind, for Roscorro hardly seemed the type to become desolate with little reason. She would assume his appearance might have garnered him few friends in his former home, based on his calm acceptance of her own reaction on their first meeting.

Now, however, the shaman wonders why she had been afraid. The massive face lined with horns looked soft and gentle to her. Ah, how friendship could change the appearance of others so drastically. He resembled no predator, no frightful soul, and no monster she had faced in her nightmares. The difference warm familiarity could make.

Another angry growl resonated between them and the girl expects what he will say. A knowing smile paints a thin line on her face as he admits to being hungry, and Taivas shifts to looking about them to locate some form of nourishment. The Tar Pits existed amid desolate sands, and the much of the Rift remained buried under snow and ice. Before she can develop a fully laid plan, her attention is stolen back to the behemoth trapped upon the floor.

She watches with mournful eyes as he attempts and fails to stand, and immediately begins to formulate a different strategy in her mind.

Walking toward the side between Roscorro and the pit of unfriendly goo, she kneels once more toward the ground and attempts to place her shoulder between his barrel and the sand, as he had succeeded in partially lifting himself from the earth. Her face snakes out from under a large wing to get a good look at his face, her own painted with pallid determination. "Ready?" she asks, her voice calm, but she does not wait long for a reply. Instead, she takes her meager strength and forces herself upward, launching much of her power toward lifting her friend from the earth.

She did not have the physical strength of her grandmother or mother, but the same blood flowed through her veins. Now, Taivas called upon that hidden fortitude to aid someone much heavier than herself.
Whatever worked, she supposed.
I live to let you shine
Taivas
angel, wrestle me
She was instantly by his side as he struggled to stand. Offering her strength though his sheer size and weight was enough to crush her, yet she still offered her aid. He struggled to rise again, unwilling to fall again. If he went down, he would take Taivas down with him. His muscles shook with the effort. It took an agonizingly long time to find his feet again. He let out a long breath as he stood there, legs spread out in order to support his own weight. Okay. He was up. Now what? He looked around, unsure where to go or if he'd even be able to take a step without ending up on the ground again.

He looked to Taivas for guidance. What next? He hadn't the slightest idea where he was. Taivas had to have consciously come here, perhaps she knew where they could find food. His eyes peered out of the vast expanse of sand. It was so cold out there. It was so warm here. "Okay." He breathed. "Where to?" He wasn't sure what they were going to do now, his mind was still too fogged over to think that clearly. Hunger drove him to move, to seek out sustenance despite his exhaustion. He looked down at his feet as he hesitantly lifted his right forepaw. He shook alarmingly as he took his first step forward and he stopped. Then he took another small step, then another as he forced himself to start moving. But he had no destination. He looked over to Taivas, needing her guidance.

"TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Taivas <3