This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
A Guilty Thief
Trial Halyven 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
His heart was as cold and heavy as the rumble that loomed in the distance. Dark and ominous in the night. He stared solemnly into the crackling flames of the fire, that Kiada had so kindly prepared for them, when the night had fallen. They had spent the better part of the day exploring the ruins and conversing. Her words earlier had touched him. Those words were now a stone around his neck, threatening to drown him in a sea of despair. He was useless. A mongrel that would never amount to anything. His parent's voices echoed in his head. Accompanied by another voice. He had to steal from Kiada, or else those eyes would never leave him be. He only hoped that she could find it in her heart to one day forgive him. He would not keep what ever he took, of course. But that would never mend the trust he would surely break. He would lose someone he truly wanted to become his friend.

He managed to hide these tumultuous feelings as he continued to talk with Kiada. As the night drew on the beautiful mare finally drifted off to sleep with her faithful vulture, the stallion knew the time had come. He remained in place, gazing into the fire until he was sure Kiada was in a deep sleep. The heat of the fire could not fend off the chill that infested his soul. He watched her sides rise and fall in slow, rhythmic breaths. His own breath came in shallow whispers as he carefully moved towards his now, lost friend. Each placement of his feet and hooves were careful and silent. His eyes flitted from his target, to the ground. He planned every step to ensure that he did not alert Kiada. But no matter how careful he was, he was sure she should be able to hear the pounding of his heart. He was next to her now, so close that they could touch. Gently, carefully, he lifted his right paw and reached for the golden jewelry perched atop her head. With fingers gifted with thousands of hours worth of working weaving leather and grass, he attempted to gently lift the tiara from her head. All the while, those eyes watched.

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Kiada

OOC:
Roscorro's trial

Asking for: Vanity Magic Becomes engulfed in smoke and flame when angry.
Eyes follow you, even when you leave the forests behind. They should be gone, they should stay in the trees, yet still they follow. There are, it seems, no bodies to those eyes. They simply watch you, follow you, stalk you until you heart is racing and your nerves are so on edge you might jump at every snap of a twig. Do they want only to torment you? No, there must be something else, must be something you can do. To rid yourself of the eyes that will not leave and earn the Rift's help, you must…
Attempt to steal something from someone
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
It had been a long night of exploring and finding out just what this land entailed. It was so much like that of what her mother had said, only more destructive and destroyed. When she felt exhausted enough, she had mentioned to Roscorro about finding a place to rest for the night, and when he obliged, the least she could do for the company was start a fire in the hopes that the warmth could keep the darkness at bay. Though the mare always slept with her armor, the fire would help protect her from at least freezing to death. Khairi had taken to snuggling with the girl for the extra warmth, and while she had his help gathering small sticks and tinder for the fire, it was an easy start from the flames along her back on a stick that Khairi managed to add to the group of flammable things.

Then, before long, the duo was out. Laying peacefully alongside the fire, soaking up as much warmth as she could. Khairi, snuggled in between her legs and her neck, easy tucked himself to bed after watching Roscorro for a small while after Kiada had fallen asleep. And then, the two were out. She wore her facemask comfortably tilted up, her shoulder guard ready at a moment’s notice, and her necklace tucked neatly under Khairi’s pale wing. In fact, Kiada was too comforted by the warmth to notice when Roscorro reached for her headdress, grasping it gently in his paw. She moved slightly in her sleep, but nothing to cause alarm. She was too far exhausted to notice when he decided to steal the item from her. All she could do was exhale loudly, nostrils flaring slightly before she returned to her peaceful state. Khairi hadn’t even moved in the endeavor.

Roscorro had been lucky, as far as she knew.

"Talk?"
kiada
i think you will set yourself afire
before you realize that even you cannot conquer the sun
img || code

@Roscorro <3 For reference, I gave Aztec permission to PP Kiada in any way fit so we could work on this Trial :)

For Kiada’s Trial:
Convince someone you hate them.

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
ROSCORRO
The stallion's heart stopped when Kaida sighed, certain that she had been awoken by his actions. He froze, unable to move, the cold of the metal crown burning into the soft pads of his fingers. Any second now Kiada would open her eyes and catch him trying to make off with one of her precious treasures. In that moment his life, and their possible friendship, would be over. But that moment never came as Kaida slept on. None the wiser of his betrayal. Again he began to move, each moment stretching out painfully long as he finally withdrew from Kaida's side. His heart threatened to break free of his chest as he gazed down at the glittering jewelry in his paw. He felt those eyes narrow in pleasure while his own soul shriveled under the weight of what he had just done. He had never endeavored to cause anyone pain or harm. Now here he was, giving into this presence and betraying someone who had done nothing but show him kindness.He deserved to be given a swift kick in the chest by this mare. Part of his had wanted her to wake up and catch him in the act. Maybe then he could save himself from the guilt that would surely swallow him. Maybe then he wouldn't feel so tainted.

He had done it though! He had stolen from Kaida. Now he could return it to her and no bridges would be burned. He could still make this right and not hurt her by taking off with her item. The watching eyes suddenly lit with fury, and he felt a chill run through his soul, as a silent scream echoed in his head. His heart sank deeper as hopes of hiding his act from Kaida dwindled. He could not merely take the object off of her and return it seconds later. His act had to be far more committed. He had not pleased his phantoms. He felt wretched as he backed away from the fire out into the cold darkness.

-Time Lapse. Approved by Skylark-

The sun would rise to find Roscorro at the other side of the fallen city, laying among the rumbled like a peace of discarded trash. His head was low in shame, his heart even lower. He did not feel the frost that clung to his skin and scale, numb to the cold or any other emotion. Clutched in his fore-paws, glittering in the morning sunlight, was Kaida's crown. His storm grey eyes were glazed over and misty as he stared down at the crown, seeing nothing. Gone were the eyes, they had been appeased after putting some distance between himself and Kaida. But the heaviness in his heart did not fade, only serving to drag him down. The moment those eyes left, the stallion feel to the earth, curling in upon himself. Now he waited in misery until Kaida's companion found him from the sky. It shouldn't be hard, he had made certain to position himself out in the open. He could not return to her. Even though the eyes had faded away, he still felt a remnant of their presence and he was afraid that they would return if he made the first move to return what he had stolen. Instead he waited to be found and punished by the formidable mare. It was what he deserved after all.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Kiada
OOC:My poor baby. T.T
Explorer Kiada
The embers smoldered from the fire of the night, leaving behind pieces of charred and blackened twigs. All that remained were a few glowing pieces of red and orange. When Kiada woke, she had no idea how long the fire had been out. Yet as her eyes opened, and she took in the world around her, she remembered where she was. And the warmth of Khairi as he snuggled up beside her brought a pang of happiness to her heart. Lifting her head slightly, she aimed her pink muzzle into the soft white feathers of her companion, slowly and gently waking the vulture up from his peaceful slumber.

His blood red eyes opened to find Kiada smiling down at him, and at first he began to croon his own good morning in return before a distressing urge of alert seemed to register in the pale vulture’s eyes. Kiada’s brows furrowed slightly as she looked at him, uncertain why he was so worried and frightened. And in an effort to make Kiada understand, Khairi hopped up alongside her front legs, motioning his dark beak to the necklace that Kiada wore close to her heart, and gesturing to her head. It took a few moments before Kiada realized what he was suggesting, that she was missing something. Immediately Kiada moved to stand, and with it she tried to count her items. The necklace was there, the shoulder plate was still there, but her head felt seemingly lighter. And then, as if another sudden hint of realization hit, she began to look around to see if she had somehow dropped it.

Khairi had other plans, however. The vulture had taken notice of their acquaintance and his disappearance. He crooned to Kiada to grasp her attention, and when he finally got it, motioned in the best way he could that Roscorro had vanished. There was a swelling bit of rage that began to pulse in her chest, vibrating through her bones as the flames illuminated themselves along her spine in the form of stalking wolves. “Find him.” Was all she simply said. With that, Khairi was off, taking to the skies to look for Roscorro every way he could. It took some time, but the bird was successful, finding Roscorro on the other side of the city. He circled from above before screeching a haunting call. Then, as if the anger reached the bird as well, he dove for Roscorro. He didn’t aim for the creature, he simply wanted to try and frighten the stallion.

And it took some time before Kiada had managed to find her way through the city to Roscorro’s location, but when she had, she stood fuming and covered in a thin layer of sweat along her shoulders. “Why?” She demanded of him, short of looking like a child with a temper tantrum as she stamped her dark hoof in the icy snow, her eyes refusing to look at him but remained on her rose gold headdress, clutched neatly in his paws.

"Talk."
Kiada
she had a wild, wandering soul
but when she loved, she loved with chaos
and that made all the difference.

image | coding

@Roscorro I felt her fury needed a new table :P

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
ROSCORRO

He did not look up when the vulture let out a screech. He would not have even flinched or fought back if the bird had chosen to rake his claws across his flesh. The cry only echoed faintly in his mind. His brain and emotions were so fogged over with a deep cloud of grief he, barely reacted to anything surrounding him. He continued to lay where he was, staring down at the crown between his paws. It would be some time before the sound of Kaida's pounding hooves pierced the cold air like a war drum. Still he did not move, did not look up when she came into view. Did not react when he felt her piercing gaze burn holes into his flesh.

One single word left her lips, stabbing his heart like a javelin. He flinched. His ears pinned back as he sat there, unable to form the word. He did not know how long he lay there in silence, the guilt constricting his throat. How was he supposed to even explain himself? Some floating eyes told him to do it? What kind of excuse was that? "Do you remember how you spoke of a way that this land could possibly give back to you?" He began, his voice choked as he toyed gently with her crown. "For the past several week, eyes have been following me, telling me to take an item from someone." He still could not meet her gaze and he wished that he could fade away. He was a terrible creature.

"I should not have obeyed them, I should have accepted their punishment. But I was weak. And now I have betrayed your trust and destroyed any chase of friendship we may have built." He picked up the crown and held it out to her, head bowed low. "Words will never express how sorry I am. I will accept what ever punishment you deem fit." It was only then he met her gaze, the sorrow drowning within his deep pools as he awaited her verdict. He would not protest if she chose to descend upon him and attack him with all of her fury.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Kiada
OOC: Angry Kaida table is gorgeous! And poor Roscorro is a pile of depressed mush.
Explorer Kiada
He looked remorseful, but it had no effect to the fire burning within Kiada’s chest. She felt lied to, manipulated. Had he simply aimed to be her friend to take an item of hers? And why had he stuck around to give it back? Was it useless to anyone but her? The rage burned deep within her, flaming against pools of disgust and frustration. She felt her ears pin back as his voice began rise to acknowledge her. All the while, Khairi sat in a tree up above, glaring down with his blood red gaze, huffing to himself with puffed up feathers – the anger fueling him as well. The cold felt like a simple breeze to her as her fires remained vibrant against her spine with the prowling wolves.

Do you remember how you spoke of a way this land could possibly give it back to you?” He asked of her, and she simply felt him to be not in a place to ask her such questions. She pinned her ears harder, wanting to ignore whatever he had to say, but the voice continued to penetrate her weak attempts at closing him out. He spoke of eyes telling him to steal something from someone, yet all she simply felt was the rage begin to grow. “But you were my friend.” Her voice was no longer full of demands, instead it sounded pained and sorrowful. Despite the fact she had just met him yesterday, there was something about him that she felt drawn to – as though she had someone that understood what it was like to be made into something you weren’t. Perhaps his theft for a trial or whatever begged him to do such a thing had gotten so demanding that it must have been done that day.

But she ignored all reason, and instead felt the blackened tar ebb and flow around her heart and her insides, adding fuel to the rage, reminding her that she needed to convince someone that she hated them. And while it would take awhile for Kiada to forgive Roscorro for this act, she in turn could help herself. Yet Roscorro continued to speak, mentioning that he should have accepted their punishment and betraying her friendship and trust. She simply nodded her dark head, eyes boring holes into the stallion. “You could have stolen from someone you didn’t know – it’s not that hard.” She huffed, muscles clenching as she refused to show anything else other than her fury. “My mother stole from strangers all the time, but she never stole from her friends.” The icy gaze she carried began to glare.

She didn’t want to punish him, she didn’t want any of this to happen, but she knew that she never wanted to see his face again. In an effort to protect herself further, she let her eyes let go of him as she lowered her dark head to her shoulder guard, activating it so the rose gold armor spread across the top half of her body. Then, as she willed it, her bladed wings sprung from her spine, covering her body and reopening the wounds along her spine from her previous attempts at using it. She only flinched slightly before the blood began to seep over the armor. Then, her eyes found him again, the anger making the pain she felt in her shoulders almost nonexistent as he held out her crown to him.

Hate isn’t a strong enough word for what I feel for you right now.” She hissed under her breath, her eyes never leaving him as Khairi swooped down to grab the faceplate and attach it to Kiada’s face, delicately placing it over her horn and securing it. Then, Kiada activated the flames along the blades, the blue-black fires burning with a similar rage as her spine as it worked to cauterize the wounds she opened from her blades. “I never want to see you again Roscorro.” She growled, waiting for him to leave before she would let her eyes off of him.

"Talk."
Kiada

image | coding

@Roscorro ahh this is all over the place ;_; my heart hurt writing it, im SO SORRY ROSCORROOOO

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
ROSCORRO

He visible flinched when Kiada called him her friend. He could never atone for the hurt he had caused her, for this betrayal. He could spend his entire life trying to make amends. But that did not mean he would earn it. Or deserve it. How low of a creature did he have to be to lie and deceive someone so brave, kind, and noble as Kiada. He only hoped, that perhaps one day, she would find it in her heart to forgive him. Like she had done with the god of this world. Though he had offered her a gift. The brown giant had nothing to offer. He could not even bring warmth to the mare like he had once been able to do. He was but a lowly cretin. He remained still. Enduring her anger. Awaiting his final punishment. It was the only honest thing he could do.

When she spoke again he dipped his head. But she had been a stranger when they had met. He mentioned nothing about the nagging feeling he had felt that day, and into the night. A sixth sense that told him that if he did not take from her, he would not live long enough to steal from another. The eyes had grown restless, and hungry. He had known of death. Had seen it and been threatened with it many times. He knew that in coming to this world he was now unprotected by the gods that had cursed him. The death his parents had so greatly desired was possible within The Rift. But even knowing this Roscorro had never been faced with such a real threat of death. He knew in the marrow of his bones that he had been close to perishing. It shook him deeper than he had imagined it would as he was forced to face his own mortality. This was a driving force in his act of stealing. Even if she was a friend. But shouldn't a friend understand that and forgive? He would not ask. Any argument would not be heard. Nor would he try to gain her pity by shedding further light upon his position. He had committed a crime. Plain and simple. Only a coward would continue to babble and beg. Trying to plead for mercy when they knew they had betrayed someone who had come to trust them. He held his tongue. Silently enduring the scathing fury of the warrior.

The crown had been returned. Snatched from his paw by Kiada's regal companion. She too looked at him with hate in her eyes. He could not blame them. He would not. Though the blood within his veins began the burn. It wanted to fight. To take the mare down and make her pay for reducing it to such a pitiful heap. Treating it like nothing more than a petty thief. But that was exactly what he was. The stallion fought the instinct. His soul still strong enough to hold back his blood. That fight became all the more difficult when wings of blades sprouted from the mare's back. Ripping and tearing her own flesh with their sharp edge until the scent of blood filled the air. Igniting the fire within his soul. His head bowed lower in acceptance. His body tensed in anticipation and the battle that raged within him as he soul fought down his ancient instincts.

Never before had he been faced with this. In his old world he had only felt a small nagging from somewhere deep within him. Now it roared to be let free, to fight the fight he refused to face. It could not longer abide letting him stand by and let others hurt him. But he refused to harm Kiada again. He doubted he would reach her before those wings killed him. But the act of trying to harm her, on top of taking something precious to her, would cause damage beyond repair. He could not. He would not do that to her! Instead he lay there in silence. Awaiting his death. Odd. How he had been so terrified of dying by the hands of those eyes. Yet here, there was nothing more than an acceptance within his soul. (other than that part of him that wanted to fight her of course). The main part of him accepted that if Kiada did take his life, it would be a just punishment. For he believed in the mare's wisdom of the world.

But the blow never came. Only a far more damming attack that drove into his heart like a javelin. “Hate isn’t a strong enough word for what I feel for you right now." He was not surprised, but that did not stop it from hurting. But what was worse. The final nail in the coffin. Were the words she uttered next. “I never want to see you again Roscorro." Never. He would never have a chance at redemption. He could never attempt to ease the pain in Kiada's heart that he had caused. Because he would never appear before her again. He swallowed hard. Any hope that he had been clinging to drifting away like smoke in the wind. With a resolute sigh, he said. "As you wish." He stood, his hulking frame rising silently. "You will never see me again. May the gods watch over you, and guide your steps." With the simple farewell and solemn promise still upon his lips, the stallion turned and left. Head low. Utterly defeated.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Kiada
OOC: I just can't anymore. These two! TvT Roscorro officially exits. Go ahead and place your own exit post and archive it. We will have to get these two back together so they can kiss and make up. I am not sure how long my boy will live with such a heavy heart.
Explorer Kiada
Her heart hurt, and not in the way that it had before. It felt heavy and exhausting and untrusting, coating itself in a layer of ice to keep from other’s finding their way in only to break the little pieces up further. It wasn’t like before when Ru’in had sacrificed himself for Helovia, not in a way that understood and yearned for the boy who would’ve been a man by now. Instead, it hurt in the dark tar feeling of betrayal, that she had trusted this male with his sorrowful story only to take something from her again.

And yet part of her was confused as to why he stayed, to return the item he had stolen from her. He made no argument, not willing to fight for the armor that hung upon her brow. Instead, he simply took her words silently, while her body filled with a dark raging hatred and yet, understanding. Pain, but understanding. When he stood, she didn’t flinch. Her eyes didn’t leave his form as he spoke to her, wanting to pin her ears further so she couldn’t hear what he had to say – but she left them hovering above her nape just enough to hear what he said and to feel the recoil growing in her gut at the words he said.

She glowered, watching his form fade away and when it finally was no longer visible to her naked eye, her flames died and she turned to Khairi, heading in the opposite direction. To go anywhere but here, and so she left – wondering what it felt like to have a friend to trust and explore with, but assumed she wouldn’t find out anytime soon.

"Talk."
Kiada

image | coding

@Roscorro anddd Kiada's gone as well <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,