This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a home away
Open Halyven 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
K I A D A

He wasn’t surprised that Kiada didn’t know of this mare he spoke of which was a bit of a relief to her. In Helovia, it felt as though if you didn’t know somebody, people looked down on you – which was ridiculous considering the fact that it was such a large land. And, as if he read her mind, spoke the exact same thing she thought of, how the continent was large and sympathized with her. She felt a smile grow across her face at the words he spoke, finding them comforting despite the cold that continued to chill in her bones.

He seemed interested when she spoke of her magic, commenting of the snakes that had appeared on her spine with the fury she felt when Roscorro snuck up on her, and she simply nodded her head in agreement, feeling as though no other words were needed. He’d quite possibly see them more if they stuck around more, and what fun was ruining the surprise? When he agreed to follow her, she began to walk down the alley, glancing at each crumbling structure they passed. “I have a selfish request.” He began and her ears flicked toward him curiously. Then, he questioned of Helovia. Her ears wavered with the inquiry, listening to the soft clack of his claws against the stone they moved upon. “I don’t mind.” She began, looking ahead.

It was the place of my birth. I was born alongside my twin in the herd land called the Aurora Basin. My mother was the lead Thief there.” Her head tilted slightly while she glanced at him to see what his reaction may be to the news. “Meanwhile my father was the King of another herd called the World’s Edge. It caused some tension, but I was lucky to have my brother in times of hardship. Shortly after my birth I found Khairi and Kianzo, my twin, found his companion.” A soft smile twisted on her lips at the recollection and Khairi crooned from her back as she walked, agreeing in the sentiment. “But then, my brother was stolen from me. I found solace in my two best friends Romina and Ru’in. I grew up with them while searching for my brother, but it grew extended while I moved with my mother to the World’s Edge where my father could watch over us. Eventually, we found Kianzo, but not after he witnessed my… Obsession with Ru’in.” She sighed. “He was my best friend, and I fell in love with him from a young age. It was foolish, but I couldn’t help it. Kianzo was mad, despite the fact he hadn’t been around. It took some time but we resolved our issues. That was when I pledged my allegiance to Kisamoa. He’s the god of this land.” Hooves scraped across the ground while she spoke, a soft distraction against the hurt that began to pulse in her heart.

He promised me wonderful things if I helped him. And so I did. But not long after, the portal to here opened and he tried to coerce us into it. He killed the gods of Helovia – Goddess of the Moon, God of the Sun, God of the Earth, and God of Time. And Romina and Ru’in… They chose to fight against him… And, well, he killed them too. I would have stayed to try and avenge Ru’in, but my mother pushed me through.” She paused in her step to look upon Roscorro with a longing look gleaming in her icy eyes. “But then I challenged Kisamoa. I told him how he’d wronged me and hurt me incredibly bad. And he gifted me a trinket with magic. It wasn’t a lot, but there was a feeling with it that almost felt like a warm embrace. And I realized that perhaps despite everything he’d done, perhaps it was in an effort to save what he loved too – this land. It was dying before we came here. Our magic and explorations have revived parts of it. Despite how dark and horrible it can be, I think there might be something more for us in the end.” She concluded, offering him a partial smile.

Anyway, tell me about yourself, would you?” Kiada asked him with a half laugh.

Talk.

there is a certain beauty in setting the world on fire
and watching from the center of the flames —

x

@Roscorro <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

He listened to Kaida as she told about her land and her life. His heart naturally went out to her as he learned of her loss and pain. So Helovia had been destroyed. Her entire life had gone up in flames around her and now she was here in this forsaken land trying to eke out a life among its darkness. He wondered how Taivas would take it, learning that the land she sought was gone. He was not even sure he would ever meet the kind Pegasus again. If he did he was not sure he would have the heart to tell her the terrible fate that had fallen over this land she had asked him about upon their first meeting. When Kaida spoke of the god of this land Roscorro tilted his head to one side in consideration. He had done so much evil, yet when he learned of how he had hurt her, he had tried to make amends by his small offering. This god sounded nothing like those who resided within his world. Then again, he never really trusted such powerful beings, they could be rather fickle creatures. He would not place his hopes in this creature that world this world, most likely he would be betrayed like Kaida had been if he did. Best not to go down that path.

Still, her hopes that this world held something better for them impressed the stallion. She was such a strong mare and it greatly impressed him that even now she held onto the belief that there was indeed something better for them out there. It made his heart sink further to know that he would be a dark blotch in that ray of hope. He was but a petty thief. A Con artist working his way into her life before ultimately betraying her. But how could he resist this driving force within him? She had been the only horse he had seen aside from Gwyn in such a long time. Would he have an opportunity to steal again if he left her? There was a sense of urgency that had been growing within him ever since the eyes had begun following him. If he did not do what they asked, something terrible was sure to happen to him. He could not pass up this chance. As his head rolled back to its normal position the light from Kaida's golden crown glittered in is grey pools. He had seen it earlier, though his gaze had been distracted by the necklace she wore around her throat. It would be a far easier target then the pendant. His soul felt dirty for thinking such thoughts.

Naturally, as he knew it would, the conversation turned to him and his world. He lifted his head to gaze at the sky thoughtfully. She had answered his question honestly, without withholding her own painful past. It was only right that he return the favor. "I only know what I was told by my guards and care takers." He started, his voice ponderous. "They spoke of green, rolling hills, vast mountains, and deep lush forests. It is a beautiful land in which my kingdom resides. All I knew were the dark, cold tunnels underneath the castle. It was all my parents would allow me to see. I was not allowed to gaze upon our land's beauty, even when they exiled me to this land." He paused, letting the memories embrace him. "The gods in our world created us to be beautiful. And my people are. My parents, the most elegant of them all, ruled my homeland of Reon. In their pride they taunted the gods and for that I was born, different. In my home, I am a monster. Cursed by the blood of a dragon my father slew with his knights. He did this in order to gain immortality from its blood and rid the world of its ugliness. A petty, selfish desire." To this his gaze dropped to his front feet as his cruel talons scrapped against stone. His hairy, serpentine tail swished back and forth as he walked.

"They could not kill me, the gods prevented that. Nor could anyone they hired to do so. I could not even kill myself when they ordered it of me... That was why I was imprisoned within the tunnels, to hide away their shame until they found a way to be rid of me. The Rift provided that way. But not before they found ways to take their revenge out on me, for being born, cursed..." He trailed off as the darkness within his past threatened to consume him. Clearing his throat he shook the thoughts from his mind. "But that matters little. It is in the past. Like you, I believe this land holds more for us. And I hope to one day be proud to call it my home." His upbeat tone returned and the slight spring in his step was restored. He would not let the bleakness within his former life consume him. Not all of it was bad and he chose to hang onto the sparks of light that had shone within it. But he could not keep one thought from entering his mind. One thought that threatened to break his heart. What would those who cared for him think if they knew what he was about to do? That was an answer he could not answer for risk of turning back. And felt that doing so would be a grave mistake.

"You said you thought you knew of this place." He went in, hoping to change the subject. "Was it apart of Helovia?"

TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Kaida
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A

Her story was nothing unusual, really, when it came to the Rift. Many came here from their own hardships, a curious thing that the Harpy wished to know more about, mainly from people she’d never met before, people that hadn’t ventured to Helovia and seen it fall. Curiously, she nodded to him as he began to speak, taking in his extremely unique appearance of talons where hooves typically went and spines where flesh should be. She wasn’t afraid of him, she was simply curious. Had the Rift turned him into this or had he been born this way? Time would surely tell.

He spoke of caregivers and guards, and her head began to tilt slightly as she studied him. Her heart yearned for him as he spoke of only knowing dark tunnels, cold and leeched of life. He spoke of his parents taunting the gods and punishing him when he was born – causing her lips to form in a small tight line. What kind of god took out their revenge on an innocent child? She felt the anger begin to burn beneath her flesh, simmering in her blood as the faintest flicker of flame appeared along her spine.

She heard his talons scrape the floor and watched as his gaze dropped down. Then, much to her surprise, she listened as he spoke of them trying to kill him and she simply didn’t understand. She, too, averted her gaze letting it linger against stone as she realized suddenly what Erebos meant when she was young and ignorant. “Would you be a feared queen one day or a loved one?” And she had foolishly answered; “Feared.” She felt as though she now knew what that looked like – it didn’t look like pledging your allegiance to the Killer of the Gods and wishing for the best. It looked like destroying anything that didn’t matter to you – including your kin, and Kiada finally realized that it was simply she didn’t have in her to do.

But she continued to listen as he spoke of being born cursed. She nodded to him slowly as his words turned optimistic. His voice became happier and she lifted her head to gaze upon him, offering him a gentle smile of encouragement. “If it’s any consolation, Roscorro, I don’t think you’re cursed or ugly.” She noted, aiming to reach her ivory rimmed face toward him in an attempt to press her pink muzzle against his neck in consolation should he allow it. “I find you intriguing and fascinating.” She offered him a smile before turning her head away, back to the white walls that surrounded them.

He questioned her again and she slowly shook her head no. “No, it was never a part of Helovia. But it looks exactly like the place my mother describes she was born in.” She paused, scrutinizing the location as if she were trying to spot important landmarks. “The land of her birth was called Halyven. A place once brimming with power and ivory towers. Mainly ran by unicorns with equines as their servants. But they were at war with a land to the East. My mother had been a common girl all her life, but when faced with war the King of the land came up with a huge lie that my mother was the princess of this land and that she needed to be protected all her life. The Queen was dead, and nobody would argue with the King, and so she went on believing it.” She paused, looking back to Roscorro. “As it were, it was actually half true. She was the daughter of the Queen – but the Queen had an affair with the General and thus my mother was a result. She was able to live, unknowing of her past aside from what teachers had told her, but the King had the Queen and General put to death. The King had told my mother he had to protect her when her mother died of childbirth.” She shrugged slightly, unsure how to explain the rest. “Anyway, he sent her off to marry the prince of the land they were at war with – a kingdom of pegasi. At first, the man my mother was to be with was kind and charming, but he became more sinister as time went on. He had this… mental magic, that he used on her that could see memories of hers that even she couldn’t see. And when he found out that she wasn’t entirely royal, he set off with her and his warriors to take the Kingdom for his own. ” She paused once more, looking back at the ivory towers. “He beat my mother, destroyed the land, killed the King all while my mother had to look on. However, she managed to escape and fled for Helovia.” She finally answered, deciding to leave out the part of Calstron causing a miscarriage to her mother – as well as following her to Helovia and destroying her mentally there as well.

When she was finished, she looked back to Roscorro with a shrug. “I’m not sure if this is it, though. Only way to be sure is to find my mother and bring her here.” She announced.

Talk.

x

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
angel, wrestle me

Her words touched him deeply. No one had ever seen beyond his looks so quickly, seen someone other than the mutated beast out to kill. That was what would make this betrayal hurt so much more. He wanted to curl up and die. As he plodded alongside her he listened to her story, fascinated and slightly disturbed by the story she told. It seemed that the world of Helovia was a world full of dangers and hardships. Knowing that he was not the only one who had a tough life was strangely comforting. Disturbingly so. Still, this old city had to have had a name. "I wonder what history this city holds." He said, not sure if he could find the words to express his gratefulness to Kiada for being so willingly indulge him. Or her kind words that lightened his spirits.

The knot in his stomach also made it hard to keep the conversation going, especially after the brief history he got of the city that resembled this one. His long tail swished back and forth as they walked. Faint carvings and paint could be seen, faded and worn on the walls that they passed. As the light from the day dimmed in the distance the large stallion became more aware of the cold that crept in around them. And with the cold and dark, came the eyes. They increased in number. Their voice's howling grew. He was not sure how long he could last with The Rift, he was certain that this was who the eyes were, before he went mad.

He thought about how Kiada had said earlier about The Rift. Could it be trying to give him something? Or was it simply testing him? He hadn't the slightest idea how this world worked, but Kiada seemed confident that there was something better laying hidden within these lands. He wanted to believe it too. But right now he didn't feel all the confident about this. "So, does this place ever get warmer?" he asked as he ventured deeper into the ruins with Kiada.

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Kaida

OOC:
Feel free to wrap this up!
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A

Perhaps if it had been another time and another place in her life, she would have considered being a story teller. By the way she had managed to utter the knowledge she so easily absorbed from Helovia to the Rift, she felt as though she had somewhat of a knack for it. But this was the life she was given, passing the information on in a way that she could without giving away too much about herself – about her near dealings with death, in the underworld where she succumbed to Kaos’ bidding, how the God could merely kill her where she stood without batting an eye but allowing her to live, to help him, and in turn she was rewarded with the constant drowning sensation that illuminated her lungs like fire.

But that was behind her now, all she had was this place, so destructive yet achingly familiar that she needed to try and remember to breathe, to remember to not look weak to the man she had just met. She needed to appear strong like she always had, ready for a fight should the world throw one at her. And suddenly, her posture returned with her head held high as they continued to explore, listening to the way the ice formed on the walls in spikes and spires like that she’d never seen before. And in turn, listening when Roscorro began to make comments about the world and the place. As he asked her if it got warmer, she offered a small roll of her shoulders in a shrug, offering him a mischievous smirk before trudging further in. “Let’s find out?” She replied over her shoulder.

Then she began to disappear into the darkness, allowing a small flicker of a flame on her back for warmth and light as they delved into the darkness – as conversations continued to be minimal as they explored the night away until she was too tired to continue on. It had been a long day, and an even longer night before she felt like she could be done.

Talk.

x

@Roscorro I've posted her leave, feel free to conclude it! Just tag me then I'll archive it when you get to it :3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
angel, wrestle me

The great behemoth smiled in amusement at her response. He was coming to like Kaida more and more. Her strength and kindness impressed him. The shadows grew longer as the light faded further. Soon they would be left in total darkness. It was then that Kaida's flames flashed to life, bringing with them light and warmth. The stallion institutionally moved closer to her, something deep within him attracted to the flames. The light from her flickering fire danced upon the fallen ruins and glinted off of her metal crown. His eyes could not help be attracted to it as the voice whispered fervently into his ear. Take it! He thrust it aside with as much willpower as he could muster. But it remained a faint echo in the back of his mind. In the dancing light he could see the eyes watching him from the darkness, growing more powerful by the day. If he did not take something soon he feared his own destruction. But could he really steal from the woman that had shown him nothing but kindness? How wretched a beast was he to commit such an act. Again he felt that compelling voice, its underlying venom becoming more and more apparent. The only way to be rid of this madness was to steal something. Kaida was the only horse he had seen other than Gwyn. She was his charge, He'd die before stealing from her. Even if she had anything to take. Which left him the agonizing decision to take from someone else he had hoped to call friend. As the final rays of light faded from the earth, so did the warmth within Roscorro's soul. He had to take her item. Tonight.

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Kaida