This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
the earth pulsed back.
RP Wanted The Portal 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
I suppose I knew my mother once.  I have no memory of her, only the small pieces of her story shared by my repugnant father.  I think of her often, or at least the fragmented image I create in my mind.  Golden like the sun with warm eyes like summer.

An image that keeps me from feeling the chill, even as I slough through miserable terrain.  The snow is thick, the ice stings, but in the spotless lens of my mind, a never ending summer lives.  The sound of hooves behind me disappears, leaving me alone with the harmonious chirp of the sparrows.  The sound of wind gently touching the green leaves.  Water calmly singing in the distance, perhaps a spring or waterfall.

I walk behind her, golden hoofs as they break the summer heat.
I used to fly beside her in my mind.
Not anymore.

The disturbing thought pushes my attention back to the present.  The serene image of a summer forest disappears, and immediately the cold grip of winter tears into my flesh.  The clatter of bodies rings behind me, and I glance back reluctantly at the soldiers following.  They are strong, brave souls who are marching toward an unworthy cause.

At the forefront, an image I am all too tired of seeing.  The pale back of my father and the silver glint of his armor in the pale sun.
Fuck.

"I'm going to scout ahead," I call to my father before rushing ahead of him, looking for an escape more than the safety of those who follow behind.  The winter wind whips at my coat, tugs upon my mane, but I continue forward.

The woods are not the warm dream I imagined just moments before; they are dark and relentless and winding.  Nothing awaits me ahead except a battle I care not to fight.

Until, of course, the world begins to shift, answering my unspoken plea at long last.

Here's what I can tell you about torn space, after having traveled through it. The edges seem filmy when you first approach.  You are not really sure of what is happening.  It looks similar to a mirage in the desert, the heat raising and bending images before you.  The further you travel into the warped dimension, the more you begin to feel the weight of it all.  Another world slowly pushing in on you.  Then, a sudden sound like the tearing of earth floods your senses.  You can smell something burning far away.  You can hear the cries of the past ringing in your ears.  You see the dazzling lights of hundreds of suns in hundreds of worlds.

And then, it stops.

Only for a moment, the blackness takes you as you travel through time and space.  You feel your flesh tug and pull, threatening to break apart.

And you land, not gracefully, but forcefully on the ground.
I remember the sensation; like the first time I attempted to fly, my body crushed into the earth with unceremonious force.
I curse under my breath as I gather my legs and wits about me.

The only thing I can see now is a different sort of light.  Unnatural and unpredictable, neon lights pour into my eyes, disorienting me as I struggle to take a few steps forward.  The confusion takes a moment to settle before I notice them.  In the shreds of blackness, glimmering eyes watch me.  I want to return, to leave this awful rave of a place.  However, the portal I fell through is gone.  Whatever blink in time I managed to trip my way through trapped me here, firmly shutting the door.

At least I won't have to see your face again.

""
Raein

[ ooc - no magic, mutations, or items to lose.  feel free to mess with him, regardless.  ]
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The Earth almost sounds like it’s groaning around you, a dark guttural growl as if the ground will split in two – yet there’s no movement, nothing to insinuate such an event, just an unsettling sound that leaves just as soon as it comes. It almost echoes as it leaves and the blinking eyes in the forest surrounding you seem unaffected but remain watching, some of their eyes tend to pulse as they stare at you, glaring and uncomfortable. But then, just about as soon as you had arrived, they settle and there’s nothing remaining except for you and a strange sensation of a new world.
the Rift
life between worlds

[ ACCEPTANCE NOTES: RAEIN ]
<3
» Presence of the Rift «