This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
there are no happy endings
Open Green Labyrinth 
Rikyn
Currently championing:

ЯIKYN

The mist was so palpable it roared.

I had never been in such a predicament; even in the north, where the mountains would fill with the dense bodies of clouds, and morning patrols were led blind and almost by instinct and memory of the road alone, the fog had never seemed so wild and inconceivably deep.  The trembling of my buck, pressed firmly along my side, does little to ease the overall sensation that things are terribly wrong; that we, as always, have gone down the wrong path.

Whatever had attacked us at least seemed to have turned back; it was no wonder, now that I was too far into the shit to really know which way was back.

"Gwyn!" I call out for my daughter, for what feels like the hundredth time, not really expecting a response; no matter how many steps forward I take, she is not there.  A sick feeling builds in my stomach, and makes my pulse echo in my head.  What if she is dead?

Don’t, Duir tells me, not wanting to think of that, not when it was hard enough putting one hoof in front of the other.  Not when he saw faces and figures swirling in the mist, and heard the croon of things with claws and fangs. 

"Gwyn!" I try again.  Only the roar of the silence greets me in return, entwined with the sensation of Duir’s growingly hopeless fear, and the dark, taunting voice that echoes within:  you have failed again, boy.  

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me
just want one thing - just to play the king
but the castle’s crumbled & you’re left with just a name

please tag rikyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only
Rexanna
Currently championing:
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
Her eyes were blind to the mist regardless of how hard she tried to see anything. There was nothing but what felt like a combination of a wall and a cavern. She squinted her icy eyes against the cold, her hide twitching where her golden chains touched her body, covered in a thin layer of ice. One hoof in front of the other, attempt after attempt. Her children had vanished, and it felt as though the ice around her had etched into her soul. Marembo, clutched and hidden beneath Rexanna’s mane in the cold, shivered and squeaked to console her while she forever seemed to search.

Gwyn!” A voice called out in the abyss. Her ears flicked forward, recognizing the voice from however faint it had been. She tried to pick up her pace, rushing toward the location of the sound. She continued to move, hoping she was getting closer, when suddenly the voice called out again. Now, she was certain she knew the man behind the voice. She trudged on, muscles sore and cold and her body endlessly exhausted. “Rikyn?!” She called out, hoping she’d find his location, to find someone to talk to, to share warmth in this harsh winter, to share a peace of mind.

When she finally made it to the location of the sound, he was barely visible and yet she felt so close. “Rikyn, is that you?” She called out again, hopeless yet hoping.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

<333

AND HERE YOU ARE, LIVING, DESPITE IT ALL
Rikyn
Currently championing:

ЯIKYN

No reply came through the mist, but for my own name. Normally, this isn't that bad of a thing, especially considering it's a woman's voice, but, today, the circumstances leave me a bit more sour towards the distraction than I might have been yesterday. An ear flips towards it at first, and a frustrated exhalation becomes a far reaching, white cloud of frozen breath that dances away from me. I know I should keep looking for her...

But I can't help but worry that she is like the pale cloud, parting and vanishing into the surrounding fog; that Gwyn is gone, like most of the women I've come to love in my life.

Look! Duir suddenly interjects, and my head follows after the single ear that had leaned towards the calling voice, this time with a face which swims to mind alongside it. Rexanna, I think, don't say, narrowing my gaze to try and find a glimmer of gold in the swirling world of white. It's hard to find her, and when I do, she's more like a ghost, or a disturbance in the void; the desperation to find Gwyn continues to nag at me as I nicker to my old friend through the dense mist, but the need to hunt on through the fog for my daughter is dulled by the dark thought that I would never find her. Besides, I'm tired, and cold, and Rexanna had sounded afraid, and she, at least, is here. I can find her, for what that matters.

"Hey," I follow after my initial, wordless greeting, continuing slightly louder after Duir loudly bleats towards his friends, "over here, Rexanna."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

@Rexanna
just want one thing - just to play the king
but the castle’s crumbled & you’re left with just a name

please tag rikyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only