This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
small lights
Trial Siren's Summit 
Gwyn
Currently championing:

GWYN
uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
oh, I, I got stamina

At the edge of the creepily whispering technicolor forest, Gwyn found a lake.

Her heart leapt up into her throat at the sight of it, a warm, pleasant beating that made her feel truly happy for the first time since she had become separated from Duir and her father.  She forgets about the terrible magic that had seemed to grip her the day before, in the midst of the yellow-flower forest, and even manages to drown out the horrible accusations it makes behind her.  She does not notice the foreboding smallness of the wood encircling the lake, or that none of the trees tower tall as giants like they had in the northern forests of home; all she sees is the mirror-like, blue face of the water, and the reflections from the sky and clouds above dancing across it. 

She spills down the side of a grassy rise at a canter, her hooves drumming on the frosty grass below.  Feeling the cold pushed back by the rush of her blood, the maiden arrives at the shore in full spirits, her heart beating vigorously in her chest, and her ice blue eyes inquisitive and cheerful as she beholds the first thing to remind her home in all of the Rift.

The massive peak across the crystal water draws her admiration, its tall white peak almost blinding in the sun.  The snowy world around her casts beams of light all around, and the water, smooth and undisturbed, almost seems to absorb them, holding the glow captive within the glass-like expanse of its blue depths.  Occasionally, a fish breaks the serenity of the water face – or so Gwyn believes, anyway, as she makes her way around the shore, upturning various shells and stones in search of these “glowing” ones that the weird forest demanded of her.

[ OOC: Gwyn is collecting glowing rocks. :3  All are welcome. ] 
Image by Jody Roberts@Flickr
I'm just wild
so sit the f#@k down

please tag gwyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO

A creature watched the form of Gwyn pic her way across the shore. Stopping here and there when something caught her curiosity. Those keen, watchful eyes never lost sight of her as their owner circled high above the crystal cool lake. The waters were as still as glass, reflecting the clear sky above. Clear save for the dragon kin that flew above, black, ghostly, vapors trailed off of its form like ethereal ribbons. Suddenly the reflected form in the lake dove as its living counterpart plumped towards it pristine surface. A split second before the winged tribrid hit a point of no return, known only to its primeval instincts, he thrust out his powerful wing. Wit ha smooth motion he gracefully sailed over the waters, the air from his wings disturbing the surface. Water droplets flew in the air, shining like liquid diamonds as they caught the light of day. The large Pegasus tribrid glided above the water's surface, a mere breath's length away from dipping his talons in the cold waters. With surprising speed of an animal his size, the stallion zoomed across the lake. Spanning a distance that could take hours in mere seconds.

Approaching the shoreline fast he angled his wings ever so slightly, forcing the flow of air to flow against his feathers and slow his progress. Extending his legs the winged equine came to a graceful stop just before the filly. Sand crunched and squeaked underfoot as his weight came to rest upon his four pillars rather then his regal wings. Gems. charms and other bobbles clinked and tinkled as his mane and tail were jostled by the sudden halt. While loose sand was sent flying in lazy clouds away from both stallion and filly. The sun glinted off of the orange of his feathers, making them look as if they were on fire as he folded them against his body. Dipping his chin downward the stallion gazed down upon his charge with a smile. "Find anything interesting?" He asked, craning his neck to see what had caught her interest.

Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Gwyn
Currently championing:

GWYN
uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
oh, I, I got stamina

It felt like home, a feeling that the child had taken for granted, until it had gone away. Now, however, her small nose gently turning over this frigid stone and that, she lets herself live in it; a moment that felt almost normal, despite the freezing air, and the strange layers of ice that held the world captive. She had never seen winter in the Basin, after all, only the last days of fall, when the trees were bare, but for the dark, round buds that promised the leaves would return, and the quiet, ever present emerald of the watching pines. Gwyn did not know snow as more than a few inches that melted away within days, and she had no idea of what normal was, but she did know that the Rift was not normal. Her father complained about it often enough, after all.

She wonders, then, what home was like during the winter; she tries to imagine its wide valley white with snow, like her parents told her, the lake a blue mirror that reflected the blue-gray, winter sky above. She's about to look up and out across the lake when a growingly familiar, heavy set of footfalls draws her attention, instead; her plain, almost wistful expression becomes the slightest of frowns, and she quickly diverts her gaze back to the stones at her hooves.

She was sure he meant well, this big fellow, but Gwyn already had a father. Though she was small, she had gleaned enough from Roscorro's behavior to have figured out that the large man wasn't as tough as his scaly exterior would lead one to believe, at first. She also had noticed that he followed her wherever she went, and that he seemed... concerned about her. For some reason, no matter how she tried to just accept the man's well-intentioned company, she found his knightly, paternal attentions toward her gravely irritating.

No,” she says, moving a few stones about glumly before moving on further down the beach to continue her search, looking out at the lake wistfully as she adds, “just a bunch of normal rocks. And those fish out there, splashing.

Image by Jody Roberts@Flickr

@Roscorro
I'm just wild
so sit the f#@k down

please tag gwyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO

Her haughty, cold demeanor towards him did little to rebuff the care he showed her. No he would not replace her real father, but that did not stop him from looking out for her. He had promised help her find her father, and he intended to keep that promise. But despite this, they had not found a single sign of the stallion. Though Gwyn did not seem perturbed by this at the moment. She was distracted by something. She searched, and he hadn't the slightest idea what she was after. He watched as she moved off, her reply no less helpful. Her tone was glum. His gaze followed her's as she looked out over the sparkling lake. His tail swished slowly back and forth as he contemplated their situation. Alone and unfamiliar with this world. In truth, Gwyn was far more savvy than he. Having been exposed to the outside world far more than he. The result of being raised in a cave. But he could at least fight and look scary. And help a little filly find her family, and what ever else she was looking for. So he followed after her, his head titled curiously to one side.

"What would you deem interesting?" He asked. "You seem to searching for something, other than the beautiful view, rocks, and fish. Can I help?" He lowered his head to her height, and ear angled towards her as he watched her, a playful smile touching his lips. "Two pairs of eyes are better than one, after all." He hoped that she would let him in. That she would include him in her search. Aside from accepting his help in finding her dad, she had done little to open up to him. He hoped, that if he helped her locate what ever she was after, that she would warm up to him. Maybe then she would trust him? He truly wanted her to like him. He certainly cared for her. Lifting his head he breathed in the fresh mountain air and let out a contented sigh. "It truly is beautiful. You found quite a spectacular place, Gwyn." He smiled. "I should have you lead the way more often."

Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though.