This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
So the story goes.
RP Wanted The Portal 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
this is fact not fiction, should have held them in your lungs.
the words I said are spinning, reeling; your wide-eyed dreams weigh a ton.
She did not understand.
Then again, children were never really meant to understand their parents.

They insisted that she leave their home, but refused to flee from the sides of the Order themselves.  To leave alone in the middle of the night, walk down old, overgrown paths of the forest to the west, and abandon those who raised her felt supremely wrong.  However, Taivas never disobeyed her parents.  She never thought to question them until after she safely cleared the forest and began to fly.  The sun had broken over the horizon, spilling across the floor of the foothills below.  Looking at the golden light in the sky, she thought of her mother.

It was too late to turn back now, though.  The Others would know she escaped in the night, and to return would mean death or enslavement, though she was unsure which would be worse.

Taivas wondered to herself how mother had traversed so many lands by herself, unafraid and steadfast.  Bravery had never been bestowed upon her, despite tales of her grandmother she would never meet.  Father and his family were different, and she undoubtedly took after them in spirit.  Like a lazy river, Taivas bent and rolled around obstacles instead of confronting them.  For the most part, her timidity served her fine; although, as she flew in the skies over unfamiliar territory, she wished she had some substance, some grit.

Probably a lost cause wishing for the impossible.

With a sigh, Taivas settled into a glide high in the horizon, looking for the "heart" her mother had described to be the center of Helovia, her former home.  She scanned for the red dunes of the Dragon's Throat, the tapestry setting for many of mother's old stories.  The sensation of traveling back in time through someone else's memories was strange, looking for things that were both new and familiar.  Though, how could she have known that her mother's former homeland had been destroyed?

Taivas had no idea she had arrived in the Portal at first.  The sun outside had already descended below the far eastern mountains behind her.  The billowing black clouds were not entirely unusual, especially if a summer storm had been brewing.  It was not until the starry eyed girl began noticing visions in the distance.

Faces.  Eyes.  Crackling laughter.
Like something awful was watching her.

Then, suddenly lights, ethereal and shapeless, began reaching out and touching her pelt.  Almost as if they had claws reaching out for something she carried.  Though inwardly she began to panic, the expression on Taivas's face did not change as she calmly, smoothly landed upon the unnatural floor below.  Slowly, the girl walked forward, attempting to slip through the disorienting fog, like she was walking straight into a dream.

Or was it a nightmare?

"Hello?"
taivas.

OOC NOTES: Here's what she's joining with (Riftplsloveme)...

Unenchanted Items
Multicolored beads woven into her mane: Small, round beads of glass and metal woven into her mane.
Colors: Blue, red, green, silver, and turquoise.

Vanity Magic
Inherited a soft glowing aura from her mother, though it is silver in sheen and hardly visible during the day.

Healing Magic
Taivas can summon spirits (ethereal, shapeless lights) that heal minor wounds and ease pain.
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
The winged beast flew through the onyx sky. Smoke trailing in his wake like a fiery specter risen from the depth of Tartarus. The great stallion gave a mighty beat of his massive wings, sending more smoke cascading off of them in a billowing cloud force downward by the draft of air generated by his flight. Letting out a great cry, a sound as mutated as that of his body, the monster savored his freedom. Exhilaration pounded in his chest, flowing through his veins like fire until his body steamed, literally. That pure joy built up in his chest until it exploded forth in another shriek of exuberance. The stallion had never know what it was like to fly free in the skies. His wings had been confined to the tall, cavernous caves and tunnels bellow his family's kingdom. His prison for four long years. To finally be free to test his limits was beyond anything the sire could have imagined.

Tucking his wings close to his body the large tribrid dropped from the sky in a steep dive. He shot through the sky like a comet, trailing smoke as it descended upon the earth with wicked speed. As he shot towards earth his gaze caught a flash of white in the form of another winged equine. With a flurry of feathers the phantoms spread out his wings with a whoosh. His body snapped downward as his descent was abruptly halted, his scaled forelegs tucked towards his chest. Large, stormy eyes watched the other flier with a youthful fascination. Never before had he encountered another born with wings. Aside from that of his father none among his circle had the blessing of flight. It had been designed that way. With anyone he may have grown close to in his imprisonment tied to the ground, their escape was nearly impossible. The gentle giant would have never left anyone beyond, fearing the anger of his parents. Fearing the that those friends would be punished in his place.

His head cocked as he watched the strange new creature. The smoke from his beating wings proving a wonderful cover as it formed dark cloud indistinguishable from those around him in the night. As he watched the lone flier, he observed their sudden change in flight pattern as they appeared bothered by something. He followed as the other drifted to the ground, landing quietly in the mist not far from them. Smoke billowed around him as he suddenly came to a stop. Slowly it dissipated, only drifting off of his body with movement. "Hello?" He called out. His steps were cautious as he moved towards the other horse.

@Taivas
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Ah, a nightmare, then.

Taivas craned her head around slowly, flecks of bright blue glittering in her eyes as she looked over the stranger lurking the the smoke and clouds around them.  The soft, ethereal light of her coat revealing his face despite the poor lighting.  In the dark, she swallowed hard.  Spikes roughly pierced through his flesh, something she had never seen.  Mother often spoke of the other species she encountered, but the stories and experiences shared were forgotten at the sight of this newcomer's front legs.

Scales.
Claws.
Smoke.

Her ears danced nervously atop her head, but the girl remained planted firmly in place. Hello?, the returned greeting echoed through the space between them for a moment.  Honestly, Taivas was surprised the stallion could speak her language.  Even more surprising was that fire did not spill from his mouth and consume her, like the dragons of her imagination would have certainly done.

Slowly, one small step at a time, she turns to face her company.  The expression on her face is decidedly dull, as she never had been one to display her emotions like a film for all to watch.  "Do you know where we are?"  her voice quaked, betraying her face and revealing the fear lurking beneath the perfectly plastered expression she held in place.  One thing was certain: instead of finding Helovia, she had stumbled into some horrid place.  The fiendish clouds of the area still seeming to cling and stick to her, trying to draw out the magic inherent in her bones.  The dragon... pegasus... unicorn... thing before her also lived here.

Taivas felt a deep pang in her heart, wishing to return to the fields bathed in moonlight.  Wishing to hear the chants of her kin.  Wishing to see the warm glow of her mother.  Wishing for firm, calming presence of her father.

She shut her eyes for a moment, awaiting the reply of the strange dragon-boy.  A deep breath drew in the acrid air pulsing with negative energy; it did nothing to soothe her pounding heart, sinking fast in her chest.  She should not have left.
taivas.
Ah, he made one miscalculation. In his excitement to find another gifted with wings, he had forgotten how disturbing his outer appearance was to others. Though her face was like a stone, his keen eyes had seen the way she had gulped when her they fell upon him. His face showed his sadness at causing her such a start. His ears drooping then drifting back when the smoke dissipated and she saw his front legs. It was to be expected. He was a hideous beast, after all. Over time he had become numb to looks given to him. What had upset him was that he had so foolishly forgotten. Just because he had arrived in a new, deformed land, did not mean the equine would accept him. He was nothing more then a naïve child.

His deep, grey pools watched her as she turned to face him. A spark of surprise igniting within them when she did not run. His face softened as he tried to appear less menacing. Despite her brave face when she spoke her voice revealed her fear. He gave a small smile, careful not to reveal his fangs and cause her more distress. She sounded like a little mouse. How cute. He took upon a ponderous look as he sought a proper answer to her question, his gaze drifting off into the fog. "I was told by my parents that this place is call The Rift." His smooth voice drifted from his lips. "I have only newly arrived to this broken land myself. And I am afraid that I do not possess any more knowledge of it than that of its name. I'm sorry." He was deeply sorry for not being able to help her. But his parents had not saw fit to tell him anything other then the horrors that might await him in this world. They were quite charming people, and he was not about to add to her nightmarish night.

He watched her breath crystalize in the frigid night air, his own only just doing so once it reached the air his body did not warm. It must be cold. His instincts told him to go towards her, but he couldn't. He would frighten her more and possibly chase her away. The turmoil within him was easy to see in his body language as he lifted a foot tentatively before placing it down again with an almost disappointed air, His body swaying as he found himself wanting to help but unable to because he was too scary. "I know that I was not much help." He started. "But may I at least have the honor of accompanying you? It is not safe for most to travel alone. And the air is warmer around me due to-" He shifted his legs to draw her attention to them again, the scales glittering as they caught the dim light she was giving of. It probably was not safe for him to be traveling alone either, but he might just be ugly enough to keep some dangers at bay. "I can at least look scary if anything does happen to take notice of us. Abought the only thing I am good for, really." He laughed softly, trying to break the tension but feeling like he was only making things more awkward.

@Taivas

OOC: My poor awkward boy.
Taivas the Hopebringer
He looked decidedly sad, Taivas thought, watching the expression on his face shift when her fear became obvious.  A pang of guilt flooded in, assuaging some of the terror seeping through her heart.

Something of a smile pulled across his lips after she spoke, mangled by the darkness surrounding them.  Taivas attempted to focus her gaze on the softened expression instead of the harsh lines making him appear like a ghoul in the night.  Never in her life had she felt so trapped by the night, wishing to see through murky air to get a better sense of this odd stallion in front of her.  His voice was oddly smooth on her ears, like velveteen, when she had expected a raspy tone and stunted syllables.  Surprised, her eyes widen ever so slightly for a moment before turning her attention to the contents of his speech.

The Rift.... broken land... her eyes trailed off of the dragon boy and into the mists, seeing more menacing eyes dance and fade in the folds of the clouds and mist around them.  She shuddered, feeling suddenly the lost child she really was.  The Rift, not Helovia - some other land forged from what appeared to be malevolent forces.  She had failed her quest miserably.  Perhaps, if she continued travelling, she would find the former home of her mother.  

The movement of the stallion's legs catch her attention; immediately, Taivas takes an involuntary step backward.  Her silent musings had distracted her from the creature before her.  Silently, she cursed herself for being so skittish in front of someone who had done nothing to warrant her fear except look different.  Slowly, she began to recall her mother's tales of unicorns, wingless equines, and all sorts of various creatures she encountered before coming to the Fields.  When she had been a filly, Taivas thought her mother made up her stories to sound impressive to her child.  Onni never seemed like the protagonist of the stories she told; surely, she could not have been telling the truth about everything.

Peering up at the face of this creature, though, the doubt she felt back then was shredded into pieces.  When he offered to accompany her in this dark realm, Taivas looked away, back into the distance.  The impenetrable night ahead frightened her, despite being born of starlight and working to be a singer to guide the stars safely home.  Though she came from a long line of warriors on her mother's side, Taivas was anything but a fighter.  To have protection with her in this foreign land would be a boon.  There was something innocent and charming in the way the creature laughed, despite the cause being such a sad and deprecating statement.

Silently, she nodded, walking around slowly to come stand beside the behemoth in the dark.  "I am Taivas," she said, some of the fear in her voice abated by her new found guardian.  Where most others likely would have added questions, drawn more into the conversation, the girl simply fell silent and began to walk forward.

As her pulse began to regulate after being spooked, the cold began to claw its way through her pelt and toward her flesh.  Rustling her wings, Taivas wrapped them close around her body.  He was right.  It is cold, she thought, smiling to herself.
""
taivas.

@Roscorro
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

He did not move after she took a step back in fright. Conscious of how she must feel. Alone in this dark, unfamiliar land where eyes seemed to appear from nowhere out of the fog. To make matters worse their was a sickly feel in the air, one that clung to your bones and turned your stomach. It seeped deep into your soul as it seemed to pry the very life from your blood and set your nerves on end. It was a demented land. So close to the portal where things were more unstable then further within, one could never truly feel peace as twisted magic charged the air. Then he had appeared, a mutated creature. A demon with smoke rolling off of his flesh. A ghost among the fog sent to steal your soul. His words had done little to set her heart at ease. She seemed to feel more shock and pain, and he felt responsible for her misfortune. Though he had no hand in bringing her here. Nor did he had any feasible answer on how to return her to her home. His parents had told him, with great pride, that no one could ever return once they had set foot within the Rift. It would never let them go.

He has surprised when the young lady came to stand by his side. She truly must be frighten if she had decided to trust him. He gave another small smile, hoping to look reassuring. "They call me Roscorro." He replied when she gave him her name. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Taivas." He dipped his head in a bow, his left paw coming up the touch his chest. His nurse maid had always told him it was polite to bow to a lady when introducing yourself. He took her teaching to heart whenever someone stuck around long enough to actually hear his name. As they walked he took care to match his pace with her's. Letting her set the speed rather then pushing her to go as quickly as he was used to walking. As they moved his blood grew hotter, noticeably warming the air around him. He hoped that it would provide some comfort to her. He had seen her finally take notice of the cold. His gaze caught sight of the eyes as they returned to gaze upon the fallen star that had entered their world. He glared at them and moved a little closer to his new companion, careful not the touch her. His movements nonchalant so as not to alarm her.

Though he was sure she felt their gaze upon her. Instead of drawing attention to the unknown monsters that lurked just out of view he spoke of something else. "I have never seen someone glow as beautifully as a star before. Does everyone in your world shine? Or are you uniquely blessed by the gods?" He could not help but be curious. He had seen few others with such unique gifts. All of those he ever saw were rather normal. His father was gifted with flight while his mother possessed a single, exquisite horn. Those who cared and guarded him were of no real report in terms of looks. His guards did bear horns and weapons to ensure that they could easily subdue him, should he have ever tried to escape. But the others were fairly normal. The mare that had raised him had been a simple Bay. Her lineage common and not of nobility. But that did not stop him from loving her. As they walked he remained alert, determined to keep her safe. His looks had to be remotely useful. He managed to scare most everyone he met, hopefully the beast of this world would be deterred from going after Taivas as long as he was here.

"TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Taivas
Taivas the Hopebringer
They call me Roscorro.

Because of how he said it, Taivas nearly asked if he had some other name he preferred, instead of what other chose to call him.  Grandfather had been called Mooneater more often than his real name back home.  Her musings remain silent, and she simply nods in return to his pleasantries.  Despite knowing the so-called "proper" responses, the silver girl had never cared much for talking.  Many used their words to lie or flatter others, but sincerity could be felt in the silence of your company regardless of what came out of their mouths.

The dip of his figure catches her attention, but her ears flicker uncertainly.  This sort of custom was not familiar to her, so she had no idea how to react.  She settled on simply nodding her head low in return before idling forward.

Her dark set eyes watched him carefully from her peripherals, not quite feeling secure enough in this strange place to take her attention fully off of his movements.  The care he took to keep in stride with her much smaller steps was endearing, changing her perception of his monstrous figure quickly.  A gentle spirit began to shine through his strange appearance, resonating with her own soul and upbringing.  The comfortable warmth of his body and easygoing personality started to lull her into a serene state.  The dancing lights among the dark shadows became almost beautiful, if not for the unrelenting feeling of being watched by some other force.

Roscorro was proving to be a good distraction to the gloom and virulent atmosphere.

At first, the compliment about her glow embarrassed her.  Taivas had never been called beautiful before, either implied or directly. She was always avoided by those her age due to being slightly odd; a quiet girl who preferred the company of the elders, the twinkling night sky, or the lonesome winds in the high grass.  Her face betrayed nothing, though her steps did pause after his statement for a moment.  "No," she said after continuing forward.  The syllable cut sharply through the air, her voice growing more strength as she grew less and less afraid with the passing moments.  "I am daughter to the Illuminant," she explains, though he likely would not understand who she referred to.  Her mother's title aptly described her appearance, and in the context of his question should make sense regardless of withheld explanation.

"None of my kin have horns, as you do," she states rather simply, glancing sidelong at him.  Taivas speaks not of his billowing smoke, scales, or claws.  The girl knew of dragons, though she had never encountered one.  She decided not to directly ask about his lineage, somewhat uncertain if she wanted to know the answer. "Is it common?"

""
taivas.

@Roscorro
angel, wrestle me

He stopped to look back at her when she paused in her step. For a moment he was concerned that he had somehow offended her. Perhaps he should not have asked about her glow. Maybe she found it an embarrassment? He of all people should know that some were sensitive about their looks. Her reply was curt at first as she explained briefly about how she had inherited her shine, before turning more curious as she asked of him. He could not help but smile, a sighing laugh leaving his lips as he raised his head to look towards the sky. Though the fog hid the stars, he was sure they were shining.  No matter, he had his own star walking beside him this night. Far warmer and closer then those of the heavens ever would be.

"There are none that look like me within my kingdom." His voice was casual, almost light hearted as he went on. "I am so very different from anyone in my land. I'm their monster, cursed by the gods." He said it so easily, without a single drop of remorse or sadness, only pure acceptance. He had learned long ago that he would never truly be accepted by others. Yes, those who cared for him did love him, but he would forever be different in their eyes. There would forever be a gap between him and those around him that he could not cross. Rather than brood upon his misfortune and curse the gods that had cursed him, he made light of it. His long, hairy tail flicked back and forth like that a cat's as he walked.

"But no matter, the world is cruel to those who are different. It does me little to dwell upon it. Life goes on. Each day is full of promise and a chance to be better than the next. Like tonight for instance. I have never met another equine with wings like myself, other than my father of course. I was rather excited when I saw you flying through the sky like a shooting star." He walked a few paces before his gaze dropped to her.  "For that I am happy to help in any way I can. Perhaps with the rising of the sun we will find someone who can shed more light upon or situation? There may be a way for you to return to your kin. If that is what you desire?" He was becoming more comfortable with the mare as they walked together. As such his lips became looser, his steps lighter. They walked, a comfortable silence fall between them as he adapted to Taivas's quieter demeanor. He had learned how to read people long ago, thanks to always having to read the mood of his parents in an attempt to avoid punishment. Though they could not harm him physically, there were other ways to torture a soul.  He had to learn how to adapt and predict when their demeanor changed. How to appease them before they flew into a rage. They had taught him well the art of reading people.

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Taivas
Taivas the Hopebringer
It would be a lie to say that Taivas was surprised to hear that he was different from everyone else.  Her expression remains passive throughout his explanation, giving an absent nod, though inwardly she is slightly concerned to hear he was cursed by his gods.  Taivas knew from her mother's stories deities could be vengeful, but father always praised the great spirits of their nation.  He taught her that the pegasi were their children, and they cared for them as all parents do.

She found it strange that a God would curse their children and sentence them to a lifetime of tribulations.

The world is cruel to those who are different.  Taivas smiled knowingly.  Despite the best attempts of her parents, Taivas never quite learned how to make friends.  She found herself unable to give them the reassurance they needed to feel secure in a friendship.  With all the falsities that came with social endeavors, she retreated to studies.  First, she was the first of her season mates to fly.  The first to heal a minor wound.  The first to memorize the chants of the Elders.  The first to begin studying as a Nightsinger.  The solitude afforded by her borderline reclusive nature was perfect for excelling in those skills that required honing your connection to the spirits.

Taivas could not imagine a world without pegasus, though, having grown up surrounded by them.  His home sounded... interesting.  She wanted to delve into the details of it, but could not bring herself to ask more.  Where are you from? or Why did you leave? vacillated on the edge of her tongue.

Roscorro's question of what she wanted to do was difficult to answer.  Surely, she wanted to return home and see her family.  In reality, though, she could not without risking her death.  Even if she were to return, it would no longer be her home.  She could not study with father, nor learn more of the spirits.  The Elders no longer chanted.  The stars seemed to mourn for the ballads absent from their skies.  "I cannot go home," she admits to him, glancing upward with a filmy sadness in her obsidian eyes, though her face is otherwise placid.  "I am searching for Helovia.  Do you know of it?"  He seemed to have better awareness of exactly where they were.  Mother had been very clear to fly west.  If she hit the ocean, she flew over the land that she sought, and Taivas knew that she could not possibly have missed it.

How could she know that the land she thought had been destroyed by the very force that created the Rift she stood within now?

""
taivas.

@Roscorro
angel, wrestle me

Most people bombarded him questions once their initial fear had subsided. But not Taivas. She within any questions that burned within her. Had she asked the stallion would have told her, never one to care to hide such things. He would much rather be up front and genuine than dance around things as he tried to say what he thought people wanted to hear. He could hide his emotions if needed, but he rarely did so. Where his heart on his sleeve in hopes that someone might actually see the horse inside the monster. He quietly listened as Taivas replied to his own question. She could not go home. He wanted to ask why, but the sadness in her eyes stopped him. Was her home as bad as his own? No, if that was so her eyes would not glisten with sorrow as they were now. At her question his head cocked as he wracked his brain for any mention of this place she spoke of.

Finally, with a heavy sigh he shook his head in defeat. Smoke flying off of his mane with the movement, his many bobbles in his hair tinkling as they were jostled. "I am afraid I have not. My world knows little of the others worlds beyond their own. The only reason they even learned of The Rift was because my parents had sought a way to be rid of me. I learned what they told me, and nothing more. Had they found your world they would have said nothing to me." It would have been far to nice a place to send him, he was sure. They had chosen a place that was sure to end his life and their troubles. As usual, he was useless. The warmth within his veins diminished slightly as he spirits dropped. Frigid wind brushed across his back, toying with the trinkets in his mane. The icy touch caused him to shiver in surprise and he returned to focusing on bringing his temperature up to spare Taivas from the cold. He took a deep breath to still his trouble soul.

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Taivas