This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
So the story goes.
RP Wanted The Portal 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The lights around you blink over and over again until a guffaw of laughter echoes around you. There's no pin point to the sound, no place of origin, it simply surrounds you in a strange blanket of sound. When it dies, the lights dull and a cold feeling stretches over you. It feels as though it touches every part of you before it pulls itself away and back into the darkness. It has noticed you and the magic within you.
the Rift

[ ACCEPTANCE NOTES: TAIVAS ]

Magic:
Healing: Can summon spirits that heal.

Vanity Magic:
Has a softly glowing aura.

Normal items are unaffected. :)
» Presence of the Rift «

Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
this is fact not fiction, should have held them in your lungs.
the words I said are spinning, reeling; your wide-eyed dreams weigh a ton.
The sigh sinks her heart further into her chest.  Roscorro did not know the land she sought out.  Disappointment swelled within, but did not escape from her face or posture.  She calmly continued walking, simply nodding in acknowledgement of his answer.  She landed in the Rift, but perhaps natives might have a better idea of where they were in Loorien.

My parents had sought a way to be rid of me.

The statement would have shocked Taivas, if the knowledge she had already gained about Roscorro's home did not already point to this notion.  If the Gods were willing to curse their children, it was little wonder the birth parents did not feel the same instinctual desire to care and rear their own.  When raised in a culture that bleeds hatred, you become consumed by it.  The starry-eyed maiden was frankly glad they had cast aside this boy, for his heart seemed soft and pure.  "You are better off without them," she said in response.  Her voice was quiet, like a soft spring breeze cutting the chill of the frost around them.

The drop in temperature from her companion is noticed, but immediately after, a larger chill settles in.

A cacophony of laughter erupts from the air around Taivas.  Her movement halts completely, muscles tense and joints lock in terror as the malicious glee unfolds.  The lights, what were before just neon eyes and shapes in the distance, grow into huge colorful pyres, collapsing on her frame.  Winter tears its way into her skin, through her bones, touching the essence of her soul for the briefest of moments as the laughter becomes louder.

Shutting her eye lids fast and tight, the lights continue to waver and dance through the thin flesh for a moment.

Then, suddenly, a silence settles in.

Her ears flicker rapidly in every direction, trying to find the source of the dissipates laughter but finding nothing.  The cold slowly leaves her body, but the sensation of being watched remains.

When her eyes open she sees the soft, pale glow of moonlight radiating from her flesh still.  Concentrating on the earth below, Taivas calls upon a spirit.  A soft, blue light twists from the ground and dances freely in the air for a moment.  A face appears in the ethereal cloud she had summoned briefly before disappearing.  The girl lets loose a sigh of relief and the spirit wriggles happily back down to sleep.

So, the connection to the spirits was not shattered by whatever devil touched her heart.

"Are you alright?  Did they come for you, as well?"

""
taivas.

@Roscorro
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

You are better of without them.

Her statement caused his lips to curl in a ghost of a smile. He could not agree more. Even so, he could not bring himself to hate them. They were products of their world and culture. It was only due to being an outcaste that he viewed the world differently then those of his kingdom. And only by being forced to care and guard him did those who cared for him learn to see beyond the ugly and find the good. In their hatred of him his parents had sent him to a world unlike anything he had known. Whether this was a blessing or a curse he would not yet know. But he was free to start a new life from scratch. And if the world possessed equine half as kind and accepting as Taivas, he would find a place among it. Perhaps even be truly accepted? That was a hope he would hold onto. Fore his life depended upon it.

He had opened he mouth the speak when the laughter erupted around them and a force seemed to come over Taivas. He was by her side, far closer then he had dared to come as she gasped for air. He extended his wings protectively around her in a vain attempt to shield her from the demonic magic that sought her out. His own body k as darkness descended over him, the blood within his veins screaming as the heat and magic was sucked from his body like a wolf sucks marrows from bone. The force continued to pull at him in a sweeping sensation along his back, tearing the smoke that drifted from his body away as the laughter, eyes, and darkness receded. His own being shook with shock as the chill did not leave his body, but remained, seated deep within his bones. He felt hollow inside. Like a part of his had been ripped from his chest and swallowed by the darkness. Though he had cursed his own blood, he had come to rely much upon the warmth it provided him. The warmth he had taken great joy in sharing with Taivas and others in need. That warmth was gone, replaced by an ice in his veins that caused his very soul to moan.

His legs shook and it was only his great will that kept him on his feet. If he fell now he'd bring Taivas down with him, his wings were still surrounding her like a feathered wall. They were so close. Her scent filled him nostrils, his breath touched her skin with each heave of his chest. He soaked in her warmth, her scent, her glowing presence that slowly gave him strength. She was the only light his soul could see in the darkness. His own inner fire of magic was gone. When she inquired of his well being he let out a heavy breath. It took everything in him to speak, but he would not reveal this to her. He needed to be a rock, a pillar that she could lean on, should she need it. "I am fine." Slowly, he retracted his wings, taking a step back. As he moved the smoke returned, though something else had been lost, another vanity magic had been taken. But his mind was not concerned with this. He had to focus on Taivas or he'd crumble to the earth under the weight of his own shock. "Did it hurt you?"

TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Taivas

OOC:
I hope I can take the liberty of having Roscorro feel the effect of the rift here http://riftrpg.net/showthread.php?tid=68...36#pid3636 in this thread.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Taivas the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Reszo
this is fact not fiction, should have held them in your lungs.
the words I said are spinning, reeling; your wide-eyed dreams weigh a ton.
It took a moment to realize that Roscorro had spread his wings about her protectively.  The chaos of the moment drew all of her attention away from her companion, but now that her senses were returning, so did the sensation of closeness.

Glancing upward, Taivas sees a massive wing poised around her, illuminated by the pale glow of her coat.  Her eyes turn toward the behemoth, noticing how he quivered in the frosty air.  The look on his face was unreadable, but the heaving of his chest and the force of his breath in the winter chill spoke volumes.  The laughter that abruptly came left just as swiftly, and in its wake the pair stood, dumbfounded, trying to gather up their wits and make sense of what happened - at least, Taivas assumed it would be the same for her new friend.

Slowly, his wings retreated back to his sides, a rush of air as they swept by tousled her mane.  The glass beads sing with the breeze before coming to lay still.  Roscorro stepped back, and his statement of being fine seemed to be a lie.  Taivas never cared for lies, no matter their reason.  However, the stallion clearly remained in shock after the chilling visitation the pair just had.  Broken land, the phrase he had spoken seemed to make more sense now.

The malicious air of the land was seeking something to repair it.  The idea made sense.  Even the name, the Rift, suggested some irreparable damage that had been dealt.

"No," she quickly reassures the dragon boy, before stepping closer, black eyes glittering in the dark as she examines him further.  The warmth he had radiated just moments ago was no longer felt, though she could see no obvious wounds upon his flesh.  Her gaze becomes focused, concentrating as a clinician, but still finding nothing apparent.  Whatever wound had been inflicted by the darkness to leave such a moral dampening on her friend could not be seen.  "We need to leave this place."

Leave to go... where, exactly?
She did not know.

All Taivas knew was if they remained here, the watchful eyes that tore into her soul could return and take what they failed to carry away.  Roscorro had protected her, but in the process, a grave wound was dealt to his spirit.  She could not let his sacrifice be in vain.

""
taivas.

@Roscorro
ooc -- hopefully this is good enough for you to wrap up. <3
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

He did not say anything. He couldn't. Something had been stolen from him. Something he never thought that he would miss. But now that it was gone he felt as if he was no longer whole. He closed his eyes, willing his heart been to slow. His breathing began to calm as he regained control of himself. He did feel a sense of relief when she told him that no harm had come to her. When she said that they needed to leave he did not argue. They did indeed have to leave this place. But like her, he had no idea where to go. Instead he began to follow alongside Taivas. As they walked he became acutely aware of the eyes as they watched them. No, watched him. His ears twitched as the skin along his body crawled. Something was not right, and it sat in his stomach like a rock. As they walked it gave him time to gain more control of his emotions. His brain began to clear. The chill of the air seeped into his body as he walked beside his new found companion. As that cold sank further into his soul, he felt something deep within him shift.

TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Taivas

OOC:
End of thread!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though.