This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
now comes the tide;
RP Wanted The Portal 
Safiri
Currently championing:
safiri

Safiri feels Haki's sluggish feeling, the uneasiness in his gut as something from the Portal stirs him, strips him of something and spits him out. He is pressed against her, stomach irritated and head slow as he rubs his head against her leg. She does not know what's wrong with him, but notices that Kuuma suffers the same fate, meaning that whatever it was it was not just strictly Haki who was being impacted by it. She looks to Zubari, feeling dreadfully helpless. "What's wrong with them? She frets, taking Haki's neck scruff into her mouth and raises him, heaving the pup onto her back so that he can rest. "I can manage, he just... he needs rest. I hope." A thick swallow to accentuate her concern, wary gaze falling to Kuuma and then to Zubari, because Safiri wants to reach out, to comfort the boy, but she is trapped in her own worries and fears. She cannot offer comfort, too afraid that her own family has been swallowed up by Kaos' wrath and she will never see them again.

Oh, she wants to say when he explains that he was far closer to his mother than his father, that he was absent. She understands, because as much as she would like to believe that her father was so present, he had the Edge to attend to, and that was far more important than catering to the needs of a child - she didn't mind, because she knew it was his responsibility, but that didn't mean it hurt just a little. She would see him from afar, distant and strong, he stood so proud and strong - Safiri was small, she was weak and petite, her heart was too small and she couldn't believe she was his child at times. "My dad was always busy looking after the Edge. I didn't mind, because it was a responsibility he willingly took on, but it still hurt," she offers him, even if it doesn't mean anything, perhaps he would find comfort in knowing that they're a little more similar, that he isn't so alone facing the world fatherless. It's all that she can do, when they'd just been forcibly pushed out of their home, witnessing the deaths of the brave and defiant, wiped clean by Kaos' hand, effortless and she's still shaking from the sight.

A smile spreads across the princess's face as Zubari offered a compliment on her newfound accessories, from the ring in her nose and the gold around her throat to the golden chain adorning her horn, falling over the sides of her face and down the dip of her back, wrapped around the base of her tail. She was ever so grateful to have found it all, feeling her mood lightening by the was she reflected the soft glow of the Rift with her adornments. Safiri offers a gentle huff as a twisted compliment, unable to form the words amidst her surprise over the last of her hooves lifting above the ground - she was equally delighted as she was afraid, and still shaken from witnessing the deaths of so many, of hearing their bodies sizzle and crack beneath Kaos' touch. She is hoping that somehow she will wash her hands of the memories, that she will come to forget the smell of their corpses and their cries, the goodbyes that they left and the holes in hearts that followed. She preoccupied herself with her drifting instead, at how Haki stirred but couldn't even feign surprise with the sickness lingering over him. "Weird," she answers as her stomach twists, caught suspended just as she is, the weight on her sore joints easing as she floats. It feels better like this, a promise of less fatigue, of a less thunderous heart that didn't furiously roar every time she walked too much, that couldn't handle the pressures of keeping her alive amidst panic and running.

Their moments alone are fleeting as another spills out from the portal, less graceful and frantic as many before her, more forcibly spit out in a tangle of limbs and confusion as she takes in her surroundings from a different perspective. Safiri watches closely before she glances to Zubari and then back to the disoriented stranger before them. "Um... hello?" She offers, ears sliding back as she listens to the girl whisper a stream of questions, obviously unsure of where she was and why. The lamb looks at her curiously, at her companion who remains a pile on the ground, unable to maneuver herself closer because she doesn't know how.

This time, when someone joins them, Safiri recognizes the figure in mourning, the body pressed against the dirt, resting beside another ill companion. She shifts her weight, compels herself to move, because it was Kiada, it was her sister and she was breaking. Safiri could see it in her eyes as she meets them, in the way her cheeks are stained with tears and how she clings to her companion. The child drifts gracelessly towards her older sister, worry knitting her brow as she bends down, attempting to reach Kiada but only able to look down upon her rather than to provide a comforting touch in such a time. "Everything will be okay, everyone will be okay," She murmurs to her sister, offering a shoulder to bear the weight of loss, because Safiri was growing selfless, she was taking action to be supportive among harsh times. She wouldn't express her concerns to Kiada, to tell her she thought that she had abandoned them, that she had only her left in the world. She gave her false promises that it would all be fine, that there was nothing wrong, even as Kiada's body oozed the same teal that had torn Helovia and its residents apart, even as the child's eyes fell upon the dreadful colour and felt herself shudder at the grim reminder. "I'm so sorry," she whispers, almost helplessly as she hovers over Kiada. She wanted to be a comforting presence, to put others at ease, but she was too doubtful herself, too afraid of the new world they'd stumbled into to be so reassuring.

And then, Safiri is weeping - she weeps for everything she's lost, for the fact that she can see her mother there before her, whispering thank you's to Zubari and offering her help, giving herself to them so easily, shouldering their problems in ways Safiri wanted to. She offered them help, she offered them services and the child simply drifted helplessly, feeling her mother's kiss pressed against her forehead but needing the affirmation that it was in fact her mother there before her and not a false hope, a distant memory in the form of everything she needed. She pushes herself closer, tries to melt into her mother's embrace for a moment, for just a fleeting second to make sure she was real, that her warmth and her presence were not figments of her imagination, but it was truly her mother. "I thought I left you, I was so scared," she croaks, feeling broken, feeling relieved, but she was still rigid and crumbling. There was still too much missing, too many missing pieces of her family, too much gone from her life, swept away by Kaos. She still had not seen her father, her brothers and sister, they were no longer there and she worried. If there were so many here, where were the rest?

Her mother beckons for the rest of her children, for Kianzo, for Mbwana and Vulia - the only response she gets is the deep, childish voice of Mbwana calling back, and another piece falls into place. Safiri still waits at the edge of her seat for the rest of her family to arrive, turning to her mother with worry because, "where is baba? Did he come through?" The fear is dry and bitter at the back of her throat, leaving her to fret for her father's well-being as well as the remainder of her siblings. This much worry had hear heart yearning for rest, begging to be let rest as she yearns to see the rest of her family emerge from the shadows for a bittersweet reunion.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x

@Zubari
Zubari
Currently championing:
Golden eyes looked to the girl with a smile. It was something that he has not done in a long time. Why should he be happy? There was nothing left of this world for him. Helovia was gone, mother was gone, and Tutti. He just was not sure where she was at. Gems sparkled around him, and something odd started to form in the air. Golden eyes watched in amazement as the power of the rift swarmed around him. Skeletal paws began to scurry up his legs. The boy watched as they started to kneed at his black spots. Then they were gone. The amulets went with them. Kuuma looked up tired as she felt the raised areas. Zubrai questioned it for a moment, but then his attention went back to Safiri. She asked what was wrong with them. His heavy golden skull shook unsure what to say. "Honestly, I really do not know. I think the portal made them sick. Hopefully it will go away soon." He watched the small girl pick up her companion and place it on her back.

Then the words hit him like a large tree branch. She said her father was running Edge. He was not around for her much either. Golden eyes flicked to her direction as he could feel the hate building in his heart. Just thinking about that man made his features snarl. How could a father disregard his children like that. Maybe they were... No they could not be related. That could not be fair. His eyes turned to Kuuma trying to forget what the young girl said. "I feel that there could have been a way to divide time between looking after a herd, and looking after children. It is not fair for children to grow up with out a father, if he is still around, and still alive. It...." His voice trailed off. Maybe this would be a conversation for another day. Instead he watched her face light up when he complimented her. She seemed happier now. Good, he was able to make light of this bad situation.

Then something pulled his attention away from the small girl. It was loud, it was not graceful, it was Katua! How was she alive? How did she get here? His heart fluttered as he ran over to her. His heavy golden crown lowered and looked at the girl. The mahogany muzzle reached out to touch her. "Katua... you're alive! " after everything he lost this was something he needed right now. His muzzle touched her withers and he just closed his eyes taking the moment in. "I can't believe you are alive. We are in The Rift. Kaos brought us here ." His voice was low. He was thankful that the god brought them here and did not kill everyone. Those stupid idiots died at their own will. He would never voice that opinion yet, but he will always have it in his mind. One day his heart would mend, he would be normal again, but now it was time to grow up. "I was so worried about you." Rumbling tones left his large chest as he looked to see Safiri greeting Kiada.

Kuuma remained in the cloak sleeping. That was the best thing for her, that is what she needed right now. Not long after Kiada showed up, there was another woman. His golden hide looked just like Safiri. She thanked him. He was being thanked for taking care of her daughter when she couldn't. He was being thanked for being the support Safiri needed. Ears flicked as they wanted to pin at the woman. She left the young girl alone, this was her fault. Shaking his skull he just smiled instead. Rexanna reached her muzzle out to touch his shoulder. "I found Safiri scared and unable to move in Helovia. I could not leave her there to die. I had to help her, so we went through the portal together." This confirmed the suspicions that he was related to the small ivory girl. "Thank you, Mother will always be with us in spirit. I will keep your offer in mind ." His head dipped trying to say pleasant things as he smiled. Inside his heart was torn,broken, and shattered. Then another child shows up. This reunion was getting to large. Sighing he listed to the child speak. Then the boys companion started growling at Safiri's sick little one. Pinning his ears his voice was rash and heavy in the air. "Tell your companion now is not the time to pick a fight with a sick pup." Golden eyes flashed to Safiri to make sure she was okay. Everything was happy now, the ivory girl did not need Zubari any more. She had her real family, he was just a friend. Lowering his skull he reached out to touch Katua's chest again in a loving manner to make sure she was actually still there.

"Talk."

@Katua

zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics
Mbwana
Currently championing:

The pup's growl is a throaty rumble in the back of his throat, his hackles erected like a spine along his back. Calm, commands Mbwana, but Askari isn't in the mood to listen. The colt contemplates shifting into a dog so he can put his pup in his place, but decides against it.

His ears flicker, trying to detect segments of conversation from the youngsters around him. It's hard, when Askari's growling is a distraction in his ear, but he's determined to find out as much about this strange new place as he possibly can. He assumes the others around here are his father's children; the notion does not bother him. There is no such thing as monogamy in his mind, only dominance, and the alpha males who are strong enough to sire many offspring. Father is one of those males.

That's when the antelope-horned colt addresses him, and his words bid Mbwana's ears to pin flat against his skull. He takes a dangerous step forwards, drawing himself up to his full height - even at six months old, it is obvious that Mbwana has size on his side, and thick muscles already lace beneath the tri-coloured hide. He's almost tall enough to look his older, unknown brother in the eye, and he does so with considerable gusto. "You do not tell me what to do." Dominance is etched into every ounce of the youth's features - he might be younger than this other male, but that does not mean he is subservient. In the complex world of canine politics, Mbwana will do everything in his power to become top dog, so he does not take his gaze away from Zubari as he stares the older male down.

M B W A N A
image credits
Katua
Currently championing: Vjanta
"Katua... you're alive!"

It took the spotted girl a minute to register her brother's voice because her head was still spinning after traveling through the portal and being deposited into a foreign land. But when she recognized it she jumped to her hooves and spun around. "Zubi! You're here!" The girl cried in a mixture of excitement and relief. "But where is here?" She asked, looking around. A second later she decided that it didn't matter and looked back at her brother, smiling brightly. "I missed you!" And she threw herself at her brother, uncaring about everyone else around them, the strange land they were in, or the way her bond with Kwame didn't seem quite right. The only thing that mattered to her at that point in time was that she was with Zubari and that he was okay. As long as they were together they would be okay.

It wasn't until Zubari turned his attention to someone else that Tutti finally took note of everyone else around them. She grinned sheepishly at Rexanna, but that grin faded when the pale woman apologized about their mother. "What?" She said, but she was old enough and knew enough to know what I'm so sorry about your mother meant. The girl's mouth went dry and she felt as though she'd been doused in icy water. "No..." She said, her gaze turning to Zubari, but the look on his face was enough for her to know the truth. "Mother ..." Her voice trailed. "Is she really....?" She asked, despite knowing what the answer was.

What would they do? Had their father made it out or had he died with their mother?

Katua stared at the ground as Rexanna and Zubari spoke. She wanted to thank the woman for her concern, but she couldn't bring herself to. And she couldn't bring herself to ask Zubari if their father had made it out because she didn't think she could handle knowing that they had lost both of their parents if he hadn't. At least not knowing she could hold on to some hope that their family wasn't completely broken. Kwame finally stirred, pulling his chubby body to a standing position before ambling over to his bonded. Her head dipped and she nuzzled the top of the hippo's head.

"If you can hear me follow my voice!"

"Mother, one of my companions ran away."

"Where is baba? Did he come through?"

"Tell your companion now is not the time to fight with a sick pup."

"You do not tell me what to do."

The voices all swirled around Katua, each one voicing concerns and asking questions, giving orders and snapping remarks. Her delicaely curled ears fell back as she lifted her head and looked at the foal, a reprimand on the tip of her tongue but she let it go when Zubari's muzzle touched her chest. It wasn't worth the time or the effort and all she wanted to do was cry over the loss of her mother and the potential loss of her father. "Ina son ku, Zubari." She whispered in the language that their mother had taught them, and she rested her cheek against her brother's shoulder. She told herself that everything would be okay. As long as she and Zubari were together they would be okay.

"."

Translation (hausa):
Ina son ku - I love you

ooc://
you skipped me :C
Katua
you have to hold your head up high
and watch all the negative go by

image | coding

@Zubari @Safiri @Rexanna @Mbwana
Rexanna
Currently championing:
I remember tears streaming down your face
Quietly, the gilded mare feels Safiri move closer to her, embracing her tightly to which the ex-Thief can’t ignore. She reaches down, pressing her head tightly around the little hovering body of her ivory princess, pulling her tightly into her. “It’s okay, love, it’s okay.” She hummed quietly to the ivory girl. “We made it.” She pulled away from the child to offer a small smile of comfort, before aiming to nuzzle the girl gently along her forelock.

Mother!” She heard the voice, lifting her head to see Mbwana crashing through the trees. As Safiri moved away, Rexanna edged closer to the young colt, worry crossing her features. “I’m sorry about your companion, dear. Maybe it will come back?” She muttered, trying to headcount both the colt and the pup that crashed through the bushes. “Did you see your sister?” She questioned curiously and perhaps a bit quietly, before Zubari captured her attention.

There were so many responsibilities, so much that was happening and she felt as though she couldn’t focus. She dipped her head slightly toward Zubari. “Thank you. I had to get Kiada through, too.” She added in, as if it was some way to tell the colt that it wasn’t just Safiri she had to worry about. She had two more missing children, and their father to find. But the conversation shifted, as Safiri asked where Tembovu was and she felt a frown cross her features. “I hope so, love.” She let her gaze seek out Safiri’s emerald ones, her eyes darkening unintentionally, revealing the sadness and worry that stressed the gilded woman.

Then suddenly Zubari and Mbwana are arguing and Rexanna straightens her back, lifting her head up sharply with darkened eyes, her ears pinned to her neck. Her mouth opened to speak, but she was cut off by Kiada's strong voice raging across the group.

"Talk."
When I said —
I’ll never let you go.
Rexanna
image | coding

Kiada's coming so the end of this one makes sense. xD

AND HERE YOU ARE, LIVING, DESPITE IT ALL
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
KIADA
would you light me up?

The girl shifted her head from the group, pressing her pink splashed muzzle into the feathers of Khairi as she remained laying on the earth. The flames dancing across her spine suddenly died, leaving her back bare and plain, something it had never been since her birth. But the girl didn’t notice, instead she noticed as the amulets she carried around her neck exploded. Sliding over onto her side, sharply inhaling as a reaction to the pain, she watched as shadows burned with a deep cold heat against her skin, leaving her flesh with an X marking that begun to ooze a teal liquid. Her ears flattened against her skull, head lifted to look upon the wound with anger and intrigue, when she felt a single stream of cold wind, seemingly caressing her. Her eyes shut tight, anger billowing from her chest at the glowing liquid and the pain that she was facing from crossing into the Rift.

If this was how it was like in the Rift, then perhaps she’d have rather endured the fate of Kaos like Ru’in and Romina had.

But she didn’t, she was here and suddenly she felt the presence of Safiri, hovering above her body, practically crumpled against the earth with Khairi. Her head lifted slightly to see the hovering pale girl, once a being that Kiada loathed, now a sister, a blood line, someone who needed protection. She reached her pink muzzle up to acknowledge that she heard what the child said, aiming to press it against her shoulder. Then, Safiri’s gaze drifted over the oozing green liquid from her chest, murmuring a sorry, to which Kiada shook her head. “It’s not your fault.” She said simply, watching as Kiada moves to their mother.

Then, more join them, more conversation to which Kiada cares little for. Until Zubari tries to tell her new brother what to do, and Mbwana fires back. She finds the strength within her to stand, moving toward the group as the teal liquid began to ooze down her leg. “ENOUGH.” She growled to the two of them, her eyes sharp and dark as she looked across the group. Internally, she wanted to tell Zubari that she didn’t care that his mother had died, that the boy had been more of a jerk to her when Kianzo was missing than he probably realized. She wanted to tell Mbwana that this place was hell incarnate, and that he couldn’t go around trying to dominate everything.

But it wasn’t her place.

So instead, she catches the eye of her mother, nodding slightly before looking to the rest of the group. “Our father will find us, he always does. But for now, we must find shelter. We cannot stay here vulnerable and exposed.” She instructs them. “If you think your arguments are worth staying here to finish, you will get yourself killed.” Her gaze lingered on Zubari and Mbwana before she turned to pick up Khairi, resting him along her shoulders the best she could before returning to the group. “I don’t plan on dying today, so let’s go.” She muttered before leaving the group, leading them away from the portal should they choose to follow.

"Talk."

really set me on fire?
and be there when I'm burning out?

img

@Safiri @Mbwana @Zubari @Katua Kiada's out <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Zubari
Currently championing:
His eyes flicked to Katua with a smile. Yes, she was here finally they were together, but there was something he had to explain to his twin. Nodding his skull, he voice spoke softly. "I will tell you everything later. When we are alone, dear sister. " Rexanna broke into the conversation. He forgot how many children she actually had. He nodded his head feeling slightly bad for a moment about his thoughts. "Rexanna, I understand. I am glad most of your children have made it. I hope you can find the other two quickly. "He dipped to her before all hell broke loose. This boy, this immature creature had the audacity to say something. The juvenile idiot could not control himself, nor could he control his companion. Others who lack self-control and empathy for the situation that is at hand, should not have a companion bestowed upon them. It would just cause the companion to grow up not knowing what respect is. Zubari tried not to laugh at how ridiculous this boy was acting. One moment he was complaining about having his companion run off, and now he is puffing up his chest to the mahogany boy. It was like a young colt throwing a temper tantrum. His golden head rose up in the air, and he looked to Rexanna. For a moment he wondered if she would take control of this child. It seemed that their father lets this boy do what ever he wants; if he was even around at all. The boy looked like he would be taller than Zubari when fully grown, but he was still young. Zubari looked down his nose at the kid. Massive gold antlers towered above his skull adding to his height. Kuuma started to stir on his back hearing the commotion. Her head lifted to see the boy puffing up to her bonded. The hackles on her back began to rise; she was the only one allowed to give him sass like that! The civet ran up Zubari's mane to the top of his head. Her maw snapped in in the air as she reached his horns. Piercing eyes gold eyes narrowed upon the young boy.

Then, after a few moments passed a deep chuckle came from Zubari's mouth. Did this child really think that he was going to scare him? "OOOOOH I AM SOOO SCARED!!! ." His chest shook with laughter His piercing gold eyes did not give into this boys " act of dominance." Then he heard Katua speak; her soft cheek rested against his shoulder. Golden eyes looked over to the girl"Ni ma ina son ka." Now the little fire bird was starting to yell, and Zubari pinned his ears. " You know what I am done here. I was not arguing with the fucking ass hole. I stated something, but fuck it I do not have to explain my self. " His heavy skull looked at Safiri, Rexanna, and Kiada. "I think it might be time for us to leave. Safiri am glad you have your family back. Please, do not hesitate to ask if you need something." His eyes fell on each female figure before falling on the young boy. " When you see Tembovu tell him that his forgotten twins have made it to the rift. " He let the small hit drop to the young boy. Zubari was not one to fight family, and he hoped the boy picked up on the same trait. Looking to Katua, his chocolate body turned away from the crowd. "Zo, 'yar'uwarsu. A bayyane yake cewa wannan iyali ba kamar yadda marabtar matsayin daya ya ce shi ne. Ba mu bukatar su kariya.." Golden eyes flashed with sadness to the Ivory Princess. Maybe one day he would see her again.

"Talk."

TRANSLATION:( Hausa)
Ni ma ina son ka: I love you too
Zo, 'yar'uwarsu. A bayyane yake cewa wannan iyali ba kamar yadda marabtar matsayin daya ya ce shi ne. Ba mu bukatar su kariya: Come sister. Clearly this family is not as welcoming as one says it is. We do not need their protection.

OOC:: #Family_black_sheep ( Zubari is OUT, hopefully Katua is too lol )
[ Link if you want to laugh... This is how Zubari is reacting LMAO ] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pE1mRU_eJo

@Safiri @Katua

zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics
{Image: pjgFKsr.gif}
Mbwana
Currently championing:

He chuckles deeply; a defiant, barking sound that's echoed by Askari. He wonders for a second if this other colt has wandered into their family meeting by mistake, because how on earth can Mbwana be related to such a simpleton? The older boy is clearly retarded, as he speaks like a newborn infant with a god complex. Bless his heart, he clearly comes from the polluted end of the gene pool - it must be his mother, because it is certainly not his father.

Mbwana and Askari look at Zubari through twin eyes, amusement glowing in each iris. The dog lord is so much younger than this fool, yet you'd think Mbwana was the oldest of the two given the other's infantile behaviour. "Here was me thinking Father had good taste in women - alas, I suppose every family has its runt." He sighs sadly, but inwardly he's glowing. He has won. He has dominated this older boy with consummate ease, because the coward will not retaliate. Mbwana does not believe in fighting family - he is fiercely loyal to his pack, his kin, and would do anything for them - but he refuses to acknowledge this other male as being his family. If he was, then he wouldn't have made a mountain out of a molehill by trying to order around Mbwana's companion. That's what started all this; unfortunately for Zubari, he attempted to bully the wrong dog.

Victory tastes sweet upon his tongue, and he grins wider. Askari bounds around his feet, joyous at his bonded's success. This act of dominance was far easier than he thought - he didn't even need to fight. The other simply backed down, evidently acknowledging Mbwana's physical and mental superiority. It is a satisfying sensation, and the colt feels all the blood rushing to his head as his arrogance swells another few notches. He can feel his magic thrumming in the back of his mind; it's so tempting to shift into a dog and really hammer home his advantage, but he supposes that the rest of his family would not appreciate him sinking his razor-sharp teeth into his useless brother's throat.

His delight intensifies as the older colt takes his leave. Mbwana unleashes another loud, barking laugh, but it's soon lost in a contemptuous snort. "Coward," he sneers dismissively, and he shifts away with a short growl. Askari follows dutifully at his heels, his small eyes peering upwards at his bonded with admiration bordering on reverence.

During this time Kiada and Rexanna have spoken, trying to talk the boys out of their argument, and Mbwana realises that his dam has asked him a question amidst the chaos. "I did not see her." The concern is evident in his animalistic features, creased into an anxious frown. His twin's disappearance is a worry, but he's sure she will have survived the move into the Rift - it will take than that to kill her.

Kiada's scolding forces him to adopt a slightly abashed expression and he subtly lowers his posture to acknowledge her superior position within the family - she is a true sibling, and deserves respect. Mbwana will not apologise for retaliating against Zubari, but he concedes that it may be best to leave the feud here, else their family be torn asunder by civil war. So he follows dutifully behind his sister, Askari prancing along on his heels after shooting the other wild dog a lingering, curious look.

-exit the teenage shitbag-

M B W A N A
image credits
Safiri
Currently championing:
safiri

She feels momentarily helpless, she feels as though she cannot do anything to better the condition of her sister as she hovers over her, shoulder burning against the touch because despite having no hand in the oozing teal of her wounds, Safiri feels overwhelmed with guilt. She wishes there were more she could do than offer temporary reassurance, than false promises of safety and solace. She doesn't know if she's apologizing for the curse marring her shoulder, or the lies she tells in hopes they'll make her sister feel better - she keeps still through the contact before Kiada moves on, golden shoulders hunching over from the stiffness and strain.

The ivory princess tilts her ears back, biting at her lip as she listens to her brothers bicker, increasingly worsening as the argument prolonged - she didn't want to see her family fight this way, not when they were all they had, because there was no more Edge, no more doting mother, and as far as Safiri knew, their father could have been left behind. The difficulty of the situation has her shaking, she can feel the reality settling in as her sister crumbles, as Haki whimpers into her withers and the tension between brothers rises. She does not know what comes over her, but she is tired, she is at her breaking point and cannot stand for it any longer. Upon Mbwana's words, Safiri is frowning, biting her tongue only momentarily because she does not want the divide between her family to split any deeper - "that's enough, Mbwana," and this is not the princess, but something higher, something better. She speaks firmly, she speaks with purpose and although her feelings towards them may be biased seeing as how Zubari has done more for her, she tries to place herself into the depths of neutrality. She becomes a beacon of stability without intention, becomes the bridge between the divided children, she bears her weight and the trials of blood as she cuts through their petty insults, Auni stamping a foot against the dirt because Safiri cannot, and Haki lets out a low growl to finalize their feelings.

But by taking the torch she is not ready to handle, too small, too weak, she is left with embers eating away at the frayed edges of a charred stick, she's met with deeper conflict, with irritation and hatred. "Please, stop!" It's unsteady, it's less authoritative than her past words, it's desperate fingers holding onto the pieces that are left, trying to keep it together because she is afraid of what will happen if it all falls apart. Watching them peel away, slipping off into the dark of the unknown, the lamb feels crushed, she feels confined, constricted as she curls in on herself momentarily, letting them all go their own separate ways. Who does she follow? Where does she go from here? She chooses to drift on her own, knowing she will regret it, that it will eat her up, but she maneuvers her way beyond the Portal despite the refusal from her own body.

a wind in the shadow, a whale song in the deep

coding: © x