This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a home away
Open Halyven 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
K I A D A

The girl wandered, strayed away from the pit where she had fallen into the river of the dead, left the place where Kisamoa screeched his defeat and his anger. She needed time, to figure out how to fix the ailment her stupidity had gifted her. It had been weeks, perhaps months even, and she felt as though she drowned every waking moment. Coughs raked her body over and over again to where she hardly thought about it anymore aside from the sheer exhaustion and pain her throat endured and her body felt as she wobbled to and from each place she went.

Today was a day unlike the others. Cold, but finally not snowing. Instead, a thin layer of ice coated her surroundings, and she continued to search for a place that might provide some sort of shelter. Thankfully, Kiada wasn’t alone. She had her companion, Khairi, the pale bearded vulture that watched over her almost like a father now (especially since she hadn’t seen her family since her first day in the Rift months ago), and he scouted out places from up high that the harpy couldn’t see.

He directed her with his haunting call to a place of ruin, it seemed. As she approached, darkness continued to swelter over the land, but ivory castles stretched, demolished, into the sky. And suddenly, she wondered. This place felt familiar, but not in a way that she had previously been here. No – it felt like a story, like a familiar tale her mother may have told her of the way this place had been once so great only to fall because of a lie.

Was this the place of her memory, of her mother’s history?

She coughed another body wracking cough before her icy eyes scanned over the stones once again and she entered.

there is a certain beauty in setting the world on fire
and watching from the center of the flames —

x

Open for anyone!! In case it's confusing, Halyven is where Kiada's mother is from, and though she's never been there, Rexanna was a great story teller. :3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
angel, wrestle me
crack my sides to let me see

Eyes followed him, even when he left the forests behind. They should be gone, they should stay in the trees, yet still they follow. There are, it seems, no bodies to those eyes. They simply watch him, follow him, stalk him until his heart is racing and the great beast's nerves are so on edge he jumps at every snap of a twig. Did they want only to torment him? No, there must be something else, must be something he could do. There had to be a way to rid himself of the eyes that would not leave and earn the Rift's help. As he walked the notions  must… Attempt to steal something from someone.

That was absurd! Never in his life had he tried to take from another. He hadn't the faintest idea how to go about committing such an act. Nor was he sure he could pull it off even if he did. But the thought continued to haunt him, as relentless as the eyes that never left. His body shivered, unused to being unprotected from the cold that hung in the air. Even on a warmer day such as today, the icy reaches of the freeze reached him. Caressed his tender nose with its painful touch before plunging into his lungs and filling them with pain. It was a sensation he had not known ever since he had discovered his dragon's blood. Now, stripped of his magic, it returned with furious vengeance. Even with his thickened coat, he was certain he would perish if he did not find shelter from its bite.  Keeping his large wings tucked close, as much to keep them safe from scrapping against the walls of the tight ally he found himself in, as to keep himself warm, the behemoth pushed his way deeper into the unknown ruins as twisted and tumults as his gut. He could feel the eyes watching him. Following him like a predator. Worse. For they had no distinguishable form for him to fight against.

His claws could not rip, his fangs could not pierce that which did not have a body. His only magical defense had been stolen by those horrible eyes. Had they not taken enough from him? He had nothing more to give, save his own life. That was one thing he would not relinquish. The faint sun barely pierce through the thick canopy of clouds, proving pockets of dim light that danced upon his scales and horns as he walked. Ducking his head to a low hanging arch, his eyes caught movement. Not far ahead, he could make out the form of another horse. Now is your chance... The ghostly voice whispered in the back of his mind. He closed his eyes, trying to chase the terrible voice away with an inward snarl. How could he try to steal from another? Surely they were struggling to survive within this world just as he. But those eyes bore into his soul, eating away at his sanity. He had to at least try. If he failed would the voices and eyes leave him? Or would he be forced to try and steal from another? He crept closer to the unknown victim. He had to at least try. He could give the thing back to them later. For a creature of his mass, he moved surprisingly silent. That was until he stepped on a dried bone hidden beneath the dust and rumble. A resounding SNAP, filled the air causing his heart to stop. Crap. There was no way they would not have heard that. Well, his life as a thief had been short lived. He could feel the ghostly voice laughing scornfully at him.

TALK HERE"
that if the end will set me free
or send me down below
Roscarro
image credit to jonathon_brandt at flickr

@Kaida
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A

Kiada paused, watching the unique ice slicked walls with a curious intensity. Her blue gaze swept from wall to wall while Khairi continued his search for any form of life. Another haunting call left his beak in the distance, keeping her in tune with his location. Her ivory rimmed ears flickered with the sound until she lowered her head slightly, lifting a hoof to prepare her embark in the land. If the story of her childhood was true, the main tower in the center is where her mother grew up, where so much trauma and turmoil grew – where lies built upon lies to eventually fall an empire.

And all that was left now was the ruin, dragged into the Rift as if there was no better place for it.

Her hide twitched from the cold and another cough threatened to rack her body until a SNAP captured her attention. Immediately on guard, her ears flicked down and she spun to the direction of the sound. Her rose gold armor glinting off her body as she moved, pinpointing her eyes on the stranger. An immediate flurry of anger began to overcome her, uncertain what the creature was doing here and if he intended to harm. Red flags upon red flags grew in her mind and she summoned her magic unconsciously. A flurry of fire swept up from her spine, taking on the shape of writhing angry snakes that lashed out with a crackling sound and a heat wave – not so surprisingly warm against the frigid wasteland they found themselves in, though dangerous if one were to step too close.

What are you doing?” She questioned, ears pinned and dark face angled at the intruder. Khairi, meanwhile, slipped from his search – the vulture was on his way to make sure his companion was safe. The pale bird circled the duo from above, casting out one more haunting call among Kiada’s fit of anger.

x

@Roscorro :D

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
angel, wrestle me

When the mare whirled around upon him, one thought ran through he head. Well, he was about to die. Consumed in the flames cast by this stranger. On the plus side, he didn't feel cold anymore. The adrenaline that coursed through his body had taken care of that. As the fire erupted along the mare's spine, taking the forms of a thousand snakes, he could not help but stare. It called him, as fire always did, with an alluring siren's song that reverberated deep within his soul. He could feel the heat even from this distance. He stood where he was, tall and straight. He was trapped. The walls on either side of his preventing him from spreading his wings to their full extent. Nor would he be able to doge to any side should her fire snakes leave her being and attack him. Yup, he was doomed. Oddly enough he did not feel panicked at the sight of the furious mare. His soul was eerily calm. Something deep within him began to boil with an ancient excitement. A fire of his own was trying to spark to life.

It was killed instantly as the stallion gave an awkward smile. "At the moment?" He said in response to her question. "Hoping that I do not die a fiery death by the hands of a fearsome mare!" His statement was completely honest despite the touch of mirth that leaked into his tone. Why was he talking this way? He shouldn't be trying to make light of his immanent demise! He was acting like a complete fool and he deserved to be fried. But that strange stillness remained within his belly. Warmed by that fire that had fizzled to a patient spark. Its time would come. His ears flicked back and forth before he offered a low, all be it awkward, bow of greeting. "My name is Roscorro."His low voice as smooth as silk. "I'm deeply sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." His eyes had never left her form, or those intoxicating flames that danced along her back, cool and calm. Though inside his brain was doing flips, trying to figure out just what was happening, his instincts had taken it upon themselves to improvise. Hopefully he wouldn't die today. He refused to give those eyes and that laughing voice the satisfaction. "Please don't fry me."

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Kaida
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A

An awkward smile creased across the stallion’s face. His wings pinned from their full extent by the walls of the alley they found themselves in. Her ears remained pinned, ice cold gaze in stark contrast to the flaming serpents that danced across her back as they watched the creature. His response to her question didn’t even spark a smile across her face – she was far too on edge to think he was trying to harm her when in fact he could have just been passing through as well.

But much to the harpy’s surprise, he lowered his head down into a deep bow toward her in greeting. Her head lifted, ears perked up, and the flames began to simmer across her back until they were hardly a blip of heat along her spotted spine. A small cough escaped her lips once again from the consistent drowning feeling she suffered from but had slightly grown used to. As he introduced himself, her flames completely disappeared, allowing a soft landing spot for her bearded vulture companion as the pale bird landed on her withers and watched Roscorro with his dark blood red gaze. “I’m sorry, I overreacted.” She admitted, perhaps a bit sheepishly.

A small laugh left her lips briefly in the awkward silence. “I’m Kiada, and this is Khairi. Have you been here long?” She questioned, far calmer this time than before. She let her gaze dance across his body for a brief moment, contemplating if he came from Helovia or not, and if not, how long he had been in the Rift as well.

Then, a thought crossed her inky head and she moved away from the alley into the opening so there was more room for the two of them. Crumbling walls surrounded them with varying alley ways to new locations, but at least there was breathing room – and room to stretch his wings if he so chose to.

Talk.

x

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
angel, wrestle me

So was sorry for overreacting? She had every right to act the way she did. She should have burned him to a crisp. He was trying to steal from her after all. The guilt tied his stomach into knots. But his outward appearance revealed nothing of his internal battle. He merely gave a small smile. "No, no. It is a strange land, and I surprised you." He said. "One can never be too careful in this world." He watched as her flames die down, feeling a tinge of sadness when the flame finally disappeared. Without the mesmerizing dance of flames, his eyes were free to drift elsewhere. Where they laded was a glittering pendant that hung from the mare's neck.

It was the only thing that looked easy enough to take. But did he really want to try and steal from this warrior? He had no powers to combat the fury of her flames. His heart sank further when he felt the glare of those eyes increase. He had to do something, or else he'd go mad. He gave a nod towards the vulture when Kaida introduced them both. "It is a pleasure to meet you both." At her question he cocked his head, contemplating it as he followed her. "Not long. A few days or so." Grateful to be out in the open again the stallion stretched his wings. His gaze swept around, taking in the ruined city, more as an accused not to look at her for fear of revealing his guilt than to take in its lost beauty. "Do you know this place's name? I am completely unfamiliar of these lands, or their history."

He needed to keep talking. To stop thinking about those eyes trying to convince him to steal. He had lost his chance when he had foolishly alerted her to his presence. There would not be a next time. He was sure. He had to resign himself to slowly sink into madness. He couldn't be free, he'd never be free. He could see the image of that necklace burning in the back of his mind. It took everything in his power not the look down at the necklace as his gaze returned to her. "What of you? Have you been here long?"

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Kaida
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A

No, no. It is a strange land, and I surprised you.” The mare felt a smile stretch slightly across her face. She offered him a nod of agreement, that she had been here long enough to know the terrors that this world had for the fates of others. Kiada continued to let her gaze linger on the stallion while he spoke, speaking that it was a pleasure to meet them and she nodded once more in agreement. “Pleasure to meet you, too, Roscorro.” She announced, while Khairi stretched his large wings and crooned a raspy hello of his own.

When they were finally in the larger area and there was finally breathing room, she allowed her gaze to drift from him to the walls and spires that appeared destroyed, yet remarkably frozen in time. Roscorro mentioned that he’d only been here a few days and then asked if she knew the name of this place. A slight roll of her shoulders was sent his way, the glowing and oozing ‘X’ etched into her shoulder began to weep slightly more with the movement, but there was no pain and she showed nothing acknowledging it. “I don’t, unfortunately. Though I feel like I’ve heard of it before.” She mentioned, slowly returning her gaze to him.

What of you? Have you been here long?” There was a moment of silence and almost a lost look in her eye for a few seconds before she blinked it away. “Yes.” She began, fighting the urge to cough once again. “I think I’ve almost been here a year, though it’s hard to tell. There’s no true sign of seasons that I’ve noticed thus far.” She added in. “I came from Helovia with my mother and most of my siblings. I don’t know where they are right now, but I’m hoping they’re safe.” Her gaze lingered on him for a moment before shrugging once more. “It’s interesting though. Have you met the Rift presences?” She questioned with a quiet chuckle. “Awkward things they are.

Talk.

x

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
angel, wrestle me

So she did not know the name of this land either. It seemed no one he met really knew much about this land, having not been born within its borders. Did all of its inhabitants come from other worlds? But she had possibly heard of it. Which meant someone had to have an idea of the various locations of the rift. His gaze once again drifted towards to crumbling ruins around him. The once glamorous city held a new, haunting beauty. He knew not of what had happened here, or the means by which this great city had fallen. Only that its bones remained in the form of decaying pillars and structures. It was remarkable how something so great could fall so easily. Disappearing into the shadows of history, until no one even knew the name or history of this once great place. How long would it be before even the name of the rift was forgotten and the worlds moved on? It was a rather depressing and humbling thought. He was but a spec in the grand universes.

The better part of a year. That was how long she had been within the rift. This news gave him a sense of hope. So it was possible to survive within this harsh world. He only hoped to be doing as well as she after a year. When she mentioned Helovia the stallion's gaze snapped back to her. His ears perked forward. "Helovia?" He repeated. "I met a someone looking for those lands before she became ensnared by The Rift. Her name is Taivas, daughter to the Illuminant." He was not sure if she would even know of who he spoke. Helovia was most likely a large place. But it was possible that Kaida had heard of Taivas, or at least the Illuminant.

At the mention of the rift presence Roscorro became acutely aware of those eyes watching him. Their stare burned into his skin like a hot poker. "Yes, I have had the misfortune of catching its eye." He answered glumly. And now in order to get it off of my back, I must steal something from you. He thought bitterly. "It stole my magic upon entering The Rift. Though it was not much, it was a part of me. I do not feel whole without it." It was surprising to hear those words coming out of his mouth. For as long as he could remember he had wished to be rid of his dragon blood. Now here he was pinning for his magic. Pathetic. "What's gone is gone. I suppose." He gave a shrug. He honestly thought that there was no way to have his magic returned to him. He did not realize that the rift had already given him a chance to regain his vanity magic. Or that it would give allow him to try and regain the powers which he had lost. "I do hope you faired better during your encounter with it."

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Kaida <3
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A

He announced the place of her birth with a question, and she felt her eyes returning to him intrigued. As he continued to speak, mentioning a mare by the name of Taivas, and daughter to the Illuminant, she continued to stare. Neither sounded familiar, but that didn’t mean they weren’t there. Helovia was large, and while she had traversed the world time and time again, there was still so much to explore and many creatures to meet. A small frown creased her pink splattered lips as she looked on to him. “Neither names sound familiar unfortunately.” She sighed quietly.

But the conversation shifted to the Rift presences. She nodded along with him while he spoke, feeling sympathy with the man for the loss of his magic. “I was able to keep mine, but they changed from the entry.” She began, shifting on her dark legs briefly. “The flames along my back you saw before, never used to go away. But they also didn’t cause pain, it was simply a way to show emotion. They reflect different animals depending on what I’m feeling.” A soft smile crept onto her lips before she looked down to her chest. “However, I received this gift, this huge wound on my chest.” She motioned toward the teal “X” engraved in her flesh as it continued to drip glowing teal goo. “It doesn’t hurt anymore, but it never stops weeping.” Kiada added onto the end before looking back at him.

Perhaps there’s a way of getting it back? While this world is unforgiving, there is the god of this land that has spared me mercy many a time.” She offered him a gentle smile before looking to the alley she was previously thinking of heading into, to get further into this strange land and perhaps away from the cold. “Do you want to continue exploring? I wouldn’t mind the company, if you’ll join me.” She questioned, tilting her head.

Talk.

x

@Roscorro <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
angel, wrestle me

He could not have expected her to know of whom he spoke of. But he had hoped that perhaps Kaida could shed a glimmer of light upon the mystery that was Helovia. "I'm not entirely surprised that you don't know of her." He sighed. "If Helovia is anything like my own homeland, it is massive. One cannot know all who reside within its borders." He had heard so many stories about his own kingdom that he felt that he had been there, his talons and hooves leaving their prints upon the soil and stone. But he had never been given the chance to see his own kingdom. He had been an unwanted prince, caste down into the depths of the earth in his parents desperation to hide him away. They had hoped to forget about him, but the gods would not let them. Taking great joy in their torment. That was until they had found a way to ruin their pleasure in the form of a portal leading to this forsaken world. The Rift had given him the only taste of sunlight he had ever known. For that, he was grateful and could not completely come to hate the land that had taken his magic away.

He listened with acute interest when she spoke of her own magic being affected. When she mentioned how her flames took on the form of animals reflecting her mood his chuckled. "Like snakes to show your fury." How interesting. He too had had a magic that had reflected his mood. Anger, to be specific. But he felt that it too was gone, stolen by his new home. It was not all that important, merely a defensive measure. Like a cat puffing out its fur, his vanity magic had been designed to make himself appear more threatening. Though he rarely ever found his form engulfed in its dark cloak. He was not easily angered, not did he often need to resort to such tactics when meeting other creatures. Most fled the opposite direction when they laid eyes upon him. So far everyone he had met looked upon him with fear. Everyone aside from Kaida. She hadn't even flinched when she gazed upon his hideous form. Such a thing had never happened before. He gazed at her with barely suppressed wonder. Had her time upon this land caused her to become numb to beast such as himself? Or was she made of a different spirit than those he had encountered his entire life?

What ever the case he was filled with a sense of awe. Then the guilt came crashing in. And he was to steal from this remarkable mare? He wanted nothing more then to curl up within himself and disappear. He was truly a detestable creature. He should leave. Resign himself to the fact that he would forever be haunted by those eyes and let Kaida be. But he found himself unable to do so. He was trapped by his desire to remain beside the one horse that did not bat a lash at his looks, and the shrieking voice in his head that was attached to those vicious eyes. His own gaze dropped when she gestured to her wound. It looked extremely painful, yet she did not seem the least bit bothered by it. The world was truly strange. Light glinting off of metal drew his eyes to the necklace that hung around her neck. The stone in the pit of his stomach grew as his soul was filled with increasing guilt. He wasn't sure how much longer he could last before crumbling under its pressure.

His gaze shot back up to meet Kaida's at the mention of there possibly being a way to regain him magic. The god of this land extended mercy to those who dwelt upon this land? He had only ever known what a god's wrath could bring. Never had he experienced their blessing and the thought that one would choose to grant such gifts to mortals was new to him. "Perhaps I should seek to earn this god's mercy." He muttered, his head turning away as he gazed off into the distance. How did one go about seeking the god's blessing? He looked back at her when she asked if he would be willing to accompany her. Yes! He wanted to learn more about this mare. But he hesitated for a moment as his soul fought within itself. Light and dark collided within him. And for a moment, he selfishly let that darkness win. "I would love to accompany you!"

He moved to join her, ready to follow where ever she lead. "I have a selfish request." He said after a time. "Would you mind telling me more of your homeland, Helovia? I'm curious to hear about where you hail from." His claws clinked on the stone as he walked, accompanied by the deeper sound of his thudding back hooves. "You do not have to tell me, of course. It seems many do not come here by choice and their memories prove to be painful to recall."

TALK HERE"
or send me down below
Roscarro

@Kaida <3