This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
the moon is cold and chaste
RP Wanted The Portal 
Salomé
Currently championing:
Salomé
      She opened quietly through the forest fog, a silver rose unfolding from the habit of day; except her eyes collapsed from the blindness of the dark. How? It must have been daytime. At least it should be, by now. The air around was thick with the nocturne of the ghastly wood and from the tree trunks slithered out silent serpents of smoke. She quickened, bowing her head and waving so that her heavy saber would clear the dense breath of the thicket. Something beside her dwells cold-blooded in the opaque shade. The dancer passed a shiver through the goosing flesh along her spine and she hesitated like one does the instant a shard of glass enters the skin. Fear burned through her gut, reflux pierced her tongue. She tucked her rounded loin, and held her tail in tightly. She must have looked somewhat menacing: every vein inching further from muscle, ripples of hate lashed metallic from her eyes, that sword on her face bore the green reflection from a pulsing glow. Nothing could go without her attention and the noisy clatter of each stumbling heartbeat.

What is this place?

Hell, the wind answered, and the venomous exhale punched a fang in her lung. She balked, weary of the vague movements that happened among bramble and vine and the toxic green glow. Then, there were eyes, equally as sick as the rest of this woodland. She snorted loudly, growling snarls fired out from her own lionlike glare. Her body was an armada, each tendon ready to wrestle in vain. She tasted familiarly the heat and relish of blood so fresh in her mind. Swallowing, the dancer drank a sip of adrenaline. Those round, speculative eyes blinked once and cast out more of that vile light. They were plundering beautiful pearly skin, reaching gazelike arms around her flanks, snaring teeth into her back, and wailing with pleasure. They were a stallion's salacious incinerating utterance blaring wild to lash and bleed her memory.

"I will kill you," she shouted, in her guttural shrill. "If you come any closer to me, that is." There was an unusual silence, and the eyes never changed, never stopped raking across her body. She felt wilted from the exhaustion of her alarm. She couldn't turn heel and run, now.

"I scissor the stem of the red carnation
and set it in a bowl of water.
It floats the way your head would,  
if I cut it off."
- Ai

ooc;
Feel free to respond!
Salomé has no magic or possessions to lose, but is always willing to gain something (ailment, new marking, obnoxious ghost... ect) :)
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Suddenly, there’s a deep growl that surrounds you. It feels tangible, as if you could reach out and touch it. It begins to grow slightly uncomfortable until the growl begins to subside. A few pairs of green eyes open in the distance beyond the trees, they watch you for a moment as they take in who you are and anything that they might take. When they find nothing, they close and the growl dissipate and the Rift allows you on your way.
the Rift
life between worlds

[ ACCEPTANCE NOTES: SALOMÉ ]

Nothing of note.
» Presence of the Rift «

Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
The stallion was no stranger to the sensation of cold and darkness. His world had consisted of such dismal things for so long, so very long. When he stepped through the portal his parents had summoned, his talons biting into the frigid soil on the other side, he was neither surprised nor bothered by the icy blackness that greeted him. Disappointed, perhaps, but not surprised. His great head turned to survey his new home as his shoulders and mighty wings left his old world to join him in the new. Eyes, the color of an ocean storm, looked out upon this world with a calm acceptance not worn by many who found themselves unlucky enough to be dragged into this god forsaken world. But unlike many, he had willingly walked in. His rear hooves made quiet thuds against the leaf ridden earth, their immense size bearing the weight of the monster as he left home for the first and last time. With a final flick of his long, hairy, serpentine tail, the stallion was cut off from his homeland as the portal closed with a hiss.

He looked back where the entrance to another world had once been, a heavy sigh escaping his nostrils. he would miss those he had left behind. But their lives would be better without him. With a final shake of his mane Roscorro took stock of his situation. He had never been in the outside world before. Now he was not only outside of the walls of his prison, but in a world entirely unknown to him. The dragon blood within his veins seemed to pulsate with warmth, until his very flesh steamed in the frigid air, combating the bite of the cold. One good thing had come of his curse, he supposed. He savored the warmth for a moment, his eyes closing in pleasure. The moment was all too short as the wind sighed through the trees, toying with the charms in gems woven into his mane. Stretching out his wings the stallion decided it was best not to remain in one place for too long. And so, with a small spark of optimism, he took his first steps out into his brand new world. The best course of action would be to seek out shelter and a source of sustenance. If he could find himself an inhabitant of these lands willing to share their knowledge waiting for him in said shelter, he would be set. But life had a funny way of not turning out how you wanted it to. So instead of finding shelter, or a friendly native, he found his ears being assaulted by the threatening screams of a mare somewhere up ahead.

Slowing his pace Roscorro wove his way through the decaying trees. Smoke wafted off of his form before fading into the shadows, giving him the appearance of a phantom moving through the darkness. Using his long horn to brush aside some hanging, black moss, the great beast came into view of the lady who's voice had so menacingly threatened to kill another if they came closer. Or perhaps she was talking to him? Either way he took care not the come within range of her hooves and blade. Wings tucked at his side to make himself appear smaller, an impossible feat for a creature of his stature, the sire spoke. His smooth, soothing voice caried easily over the distance, though he had not bothered to raise it. "I hope that I am not the recipient of your threats." He gave a small dip of his head. "If I am, I do apologize for startling you. I have only just arrived within this world, and thought that I was alone." His gaze swept the areas around the white lady, finding nothing of report it returned to her. He took in her form with no more than was necessary to determine how much of a threat, or friend she may be. She certainly was a striking creature. A terrifying ghost or blessed angel, standing amid the blackness of this world. Which she happened to be had yet to be seen. After such an assessment, he simply watched her. Gauging her reaction. He would have offered her a friendly smile, had he not be afraid his large canines would give her more reason to be wary of him. He was enough of a monstrosity without throwing his terrible smile into the mix. Still, if this mare did not flee at the mere sight of him, he may have found a bit of light within this dank world. Or she could be the watcher of the gates of hell. He could never be certain. Either way he doubted he would be bored.

OOC:
It has been so long since I have written!
Items
Small trinkets in mane and tale, gems, charms, and other items.  

Vanity Magic
When angered his body is wrapped in smoke and flame. A raging hellcloud takes the form of this terrible beast as he charges towards you.
With every movement smokes drifts off of his body giving him the appearance of a specter. The amount of smoke that billows off of his body is determined by the speed in which he travels.

Magic
His blood keeps him warm in the bitterest of cold, causing his skin to become hot to the touch. So hot in fact that if not controlled can burn the skin of others who touch him. If not in a situation that caused his blood to boil with a fighter's rage, he is the perfect cuddle buddy on cold nights. Our really anytime.

@Salomé
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
Darkness surrounds you, and an almost uncomfortable sense of accomplishment for your presence begins to sweep over you. There are a couple of multicolored eyes in the distance, glowing and blinking as it watches you. A strange sensation picks up along your spine and where your wings connect to your body, as though it were some strange sweeping motion. Then, suddenly, it's gone with nothing but a trail of cold to follow in it's wake.

[ ACCEPTANCE NOTES: ROSCORRO ]

Magic:
The Rift devours your magic.

Vanity Magic:
The Rift devours your first vanity magic.
Body smokes when he moves. Amount of smoke is determined by speed of movements.

Normal items are unaffected. :)
» Presence of the Rift «

Salomé
Currently championing:
Salomé
      The trills of her ringing voice continued through the hoary wood, unanswered, perhaps unheard. Her blood ran cold and with it, her mind became feeble. Salomé's sharp eyes pressed unflinchingly to the massive glare of the dark beast - the way they roved her, quickly jeering as they were searching - attempting to leech something intangible from her mind or maybe her soul. Disgusting eyes. She had never seen eyes so devouring. And all at once there was a copulation: hundreds of smaller eyes blinking and opening from the surrounding area, searing a hot flash of fear in her chest and her heart hammered. A gasp whistled through her throat and with her jumping heart went her skin and bones. The eyes and their laughing presence dominated the woods, nearing from every previously shadowed hallway of forest. The beast of the threshold uttered a sound that rattled and seethed through even the ground and obscured sky. Everything vital about Salomé urged her to tear apart the ground that lay ruin to where she had come. Her heart in its meek position within her ribcage even screamed with every pulse 'go back!' She was frozen, pale as porcelain and motionless as ice. She could not find it in her mind an option to run. She was already dead, it seemed. Her mind could not attach itself to one beautiful, resolute reason to fight even though she previously promised that vicious pair of eyes that she would nick its throat. She didn't really mean that, of course. It was an instinctual reaction for Salomé, to promise certain death to her foe. The strength and skill behind her weaponry was unknown.

The eyes and their swallowing irises closed at last as the end of that horrendous howl echoed back from the forsaken mists of the tangled wood and died into the darkness. Gone. The green glow also subsided, leaving only faint reflections to paint the outsides of the immediate tree trunks and gorse underbrush. Her silvery coat retained the shine and it heaved with her flanks as she drew in deep, panicked breaths. Her mind tangled together in matted confusion through the passing seconds of quiet. It was... taking her a moment, to gather herself, to compose something, mentally of what in the hell had just occurred. She was exhausted, yes; she was completely worn from the miles of treacherous journey in midwinter and now entirely startled and untrusting of the world that she entered. What otherworldly experience had come even slightly close to anything like what just happened here, if ever, in her former life? She thought about the moments of blood drizzling down her face, how the warmth and fear all at once created an odd sensation in her stomach and brain. But even that, no, it could not compare to what she'd just witnessed. She drew a mental blank, still stunned and internally awry. Her glinting silver eyes occupied the ground that swelled with glowing smoke and foggy daze. But then she heard something else for the first time since the growling snare and her gaze lurched to catch the hulking outline of a massive approaching creature. Her breath stopped. She ceased to blink.

The glow barely scratched him apart from the dark, drawing thin little strips of figure from the black. From what Salomé's gasping eyes could glimpse, he was towering slowly forward from the shadows, creeping like mist. There was an endlessness to him, shags of hair dripped from his chin, neck, and underbelly - a row of horn pillars drew up from his face and crest. He clasped wings to his sides. Smoke was billowing around him as he walked, and then suddenly it dissipated. His face grew lighter with the glow and it revealed an otherworldly appearance. He stopped all at once, and offered a dip of that enormous head, exposing more of that sharp neck-horn. The sight of those horns turned Salomé's stomach. She didn't move, she didn't know if she could outrun this thing. Her heart pulsed again, pushing swells of fresh, hot blood to her limbs which shook uncontrollably as the stallion opened his voice. The formality that caked his words was genuine, she decided. She still couldn't trust his grueling size, the way it could so easily crush her birdlike bones. She felt uneasy through the warm sincerity of his speech and balked at the mention of her fear. "You didn't alarm me," she spat, still trembling. Hulking fool. "I don't know where the hell I am either, how I even got here, for that matter. " Salomé gave her head a slight toss, and took one confident step toward him. "I wasn't meaning to kill you. There were clusters of green eyes out there, surrounding me, and after them, this loud growl hurtled from the forest. They were the target of my horn. But perhaps, you should take my threat seriously as well, Giant." She stamped one cloven hoof, an assertion of her ridiculously outmatched might. She was sure this misshapen horse was no threat, as she felt that perhaps he was the savior that scared those venomous eyes back into the shadows and caused their defeated, agonized howl.

"I scissor the stem of the red carnation
and set it in a bowl of water.
It floats the way your head would,  
if I cut it off."
- Ai

ooc;
she's a wonderful little brat. sorry for the late reply!
i promise it will be quicker next time c:
@Roscorro
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO

He eyed her with a careful gaze as she spat out her response. Her hostility did not faze him and he had to resist the urge to smile in amusement as she threw her threat his way. She was a feisty little dove, wasn't she? The percaline mare reminded him of another small lady with just as much spunk. The mare that had been charged with raising him had been smaller then even her, yet her spirit was the size of a giant. He had seen his adopted mother face down the massive guard that had been set to be his main jail keeper. She defended her foal against the dark stallion with a fire only a true mother could posses. Even though they were not related by blood, she loved him like he was her own. Even when he had grown to tower over her in his youth, she was not afraid to face him if he did something wrong. Though she had never threatened to kill him, like this lady before him did.

When she gave a threatening step forward, he did not move. His keen eyes read beyond her words, she had no true intent of attacking him. Not yet, at least. If he moved backwards, however, her bluff could easily turn into a true lung as she took courage in his weakness. So he quietly held his ground. Her mention of glowing eyes caused him pause. Keeping his ears trained on her he cast his gaze around about. Somewhere, deep in the dark, he could sense that those eyes were still watching them. Cold prickled down his spine at the thought. What ever those eyes were had given her quite the scare. He would be wise not to incur their wrath. He felt he was beyond avoiding their attention. He continued to let the silence rest between them as this stranger made another point by stamping her hoof. Despite all of her hostility directed at him, Roscorro appeared completely relaxed. This state was deceiving however, he was ready to spring to action the moment the smaller equine made a truly aggressive move towards him. Though he was not about to instigate a fight, he would not simply roll over and die. A certain, spunky nurse maid and a dark guard would track him down in the afterlife and trash him for that.

Shifting his weight lazily from side to side Roscorro cocked his head, seeming to contemplate her words. "It appears the eyes have retreated, for now. No doubt due to your intimidating performance." He gave a definite nod. As if she had managed to scare them away. Her body was still shaking from the fear that had gripped her heart before he had come. "Where they certainly sought harm, I seek no such thing. We are both merely two unfortunate souls that have entered a world we do not yet understand." He made no move towards her, his voice as polite as before. A touch of hardness did enter his next words, easily missed by anyone not paying attention. "I do not think fighting one another will end well for either of us. The scent of blood could draw the attentions of something far more deadly then those eyes." He would not abide any violence and his tone made that all too clear. Just as quickly as his voice had changed, it was back to its normal, soft self. "Now, how about we start again? My name is Roscorro. I hail from the land of Reon. To whom do I have the pleasure of meeting this exceptionally dreary evening?"

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

OOC:
Roscorro can handle brats just fine, with a considerable amount of snark, in fact. <3

@Salome
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though.