This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
HELP make my butterfly wings prettier?!
Goatfairy
Currently championing:
Soooo, I have found that I am absolutely horrible at designing butterfly wings...as pretty as I think they are. lol. I've done a basic wing design for her and I kindof hate it. Shes got a trial going right now to make her wings more "Mobile" in some way but I haven't decided how to actually do that yet rotfl. 

ANYWHOOZLES! Here is her current basic, thrown together design:

My current problems with it:
- Doesn't match/fit well with/compliment her body colors which is black and white paint with bronzey/goldey brown appy spots
- Is way too detail oriented/time consuming to draw without like....looking detailed? idk if that makes sense.lol. I want something a bit simpler...that looks nicer?
- Needs less bright color and more natural color to make it blend more with her body maybe?

What I can't figure out/am looking for:
- Relatively? Simplistic design that matches her body colors and has only a few bright pops of color
- Different wings/style.lol. Leaning towards the dragoney/batwing style with butterfly colors/see-throughness?
- idk what to do with the accent colors. I like them, but also feel like the don't really match? idk.

Anyone wanna help me figure it out or drop quick random sketches please do! haha. plz....because I need it. =)
Eaglecry
Currently championing:
Shes beautiful
Klare
Currently championing:
I'm not much help, but I just wanted to say this is super adorable ;-;
Goatfairy
Currently championing:
lol thank you guys! <3 Hopefully I'll get the colors fixed to where I like them. lol
LovellaTorendo
Currently championing: None
Maybe try making the base wing color black or dark grey and make the patches of brighter colors smaller? Maybe that would help them match better... this is the only suggestion I have at the moment.