This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
where am I, after Troy?
Open Solanis 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
KIADA
do not think you are safe because you love her

She looked as though she was walking on sunshine, the way the yellow flowers beneath the girl’s feet were so vibrant against the dark night. Her only source of light in this land was the flames she ignited along her spine, both keeping her warm from the rain that had only momentarily stopped, as well as guiding her path in the darkness. It was a strange land, aside from the vivid flowers she could see everywhere she stepped. There were ferns taller than her, towering into the darkness to a point where Kiada didn’t know where they stopped. But Khairi knew, the bearded vulture could see better in the darkness than the golden war-child. He flew from fern leaf to fern leaf, silent as he could be unwilling to cause attention to him and his bonded.

Kiada believed in him, and his ability to help guide her in the darkness, knowing the creature that shared part of her soul would never betray her in the way that the ones she loved had. There was anger, still, beneath the surface of a hardened shell. Anger at Ru’in for sacrificing himself to Kisamoa; anger at Romina for following her brother’s fate; anger at Kianzo for being gone once again, away from her; anger at Kisamoa for the stupidity he carried. She wondered if he meant it, when he brought the dead to life. If he meant that it would go as horribly wrong as it did. A small sigh passed her pink splotched lips as she lowered her head to the yellow flowers, her sapphire gaze staring aimlessly into their petals.

Khairi crooned in the distance, quietly, but enough to grasp her attention. Their bond had been silent much to Kiada’s anger and sadness. She missed his gruff, sharp voice reminding her that there was far bigger things that she would accomplish if she only stopped living in the past. She knew the speech by heart, now, reciting it to herself in his absence, but it was never the same as when he would tell her. And so she lifted her head in her companion’s direction, simmering her flames slightly to try and keep attention away from her for whatever may come.

"Talk."

do not think she will not stain her mouth red
with your blood too —

img

Open for anyone! Have a brooding Kiada <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Nyu
Currently championing:
Nyu was still young and new to this world around her. She explored around and stood in awe at massive trees. She came across flowers as bright as the sun she used to remember. She stepped on one and it felt a little warm, maybe it was so bright that it caused it to become hot? This world was so strange. Not only was there not a sun but there were even flowers to imitate it, backwards. It was on the ground instead of in the brilliant dark sky. Her red eyes lifted to gaze ahead of her and there was nothing but a field of more flowers. Seeking fun, Nyu bolted through them running and leaping as fast as she could, pulling up a few flowers as she went. She kicked her hind legs in the air but the muddy ground beneath her slipped underfoot and she came down, landing on her hip and knees. Her white coat was still brightly reflected by the flowers but now it was slightly darker on her right side. Nyu laid there for a moment and giggled at herself for being so clumsy.

@Kiada
Vesper
Currently championing:

EVEN THE STARS THEY BURN, SOME EVEN FALL TO THE EARTH.

I still wasn’t sure what to make of this place.  The Rift was strange in ways that I’d never thought to imagine.  Near the Cliffs, I’d seen trees move.  In the Isles, I’d seen fish jump from the sea in an attempt to hunt on land.  That hadn’t ended well for the beast, I thought bitterly.  In Helovia I didn’t think I possessed the stomach to kill.  The Rift had quickly proven me wrong.  This place seemed more primal than my birthplace.  Hesitation could very well be your downfall here. Rectifying that with any sort of moral compass was going to take some adjusting to.  And then there was Kaos.

Kaos was something else entirely.  I found that I was unable to forget what he had done.  Every time I closed my eyes I replayed the explosions of light that marked the combustion of an entire life, burning away to nothing in a shower of ash. I was willing to play the game, for the sake of my family.  I was willing to simply watch.  To abide.  I’d play the part of sheep for the time being. But I’d never be able to erase the memory of what he’d done to Grandmother and the others that day.  And I wouldn’t be a sheep forever.

I hadn’t been to this particular land of the Rift.  Traveling with the twins had limited exploration to the lands nearer to the portal. But today I wanted to see just how far the coastline of the Rift stretched.  This was as far as we got before Everly began to feel unwell.  Almost as soon as my hooves found earth, Everly tucked her head under a wing and was lost to sleep.  Ever since we’d come to this place she’d been prone to these sleeping spells - some without any warning at all.  I frowned, but turned my attention to oversaturated land before me as a means of distraction. It was a welcome change from some of the more shadowy lands of the Rift, but I certainly felt out of place here. Though that seemed to be the story of my life now.

I was however, surprised, to see a familiar figure amongst the impossibly bright hues.  I made my way towards the familiar shape.  A memory from her childhood.   “Nothing like this back at home. That’s for sure,” I murmured, in place of a greeting. “Certainly not in the Edge.”

But before I could offer more formal introductions, there was a rush of movement and a quite a loud crash and another filly, not too much older than I was, ended up in a pile on the ground. I took a half step closer to the girl and lowered my head.   “Are you alright?” I asked, cocking my head slightly to the side as the filly was lost to a fit of giggles.

-- V E S P E R --
image credit

@Kiada @Nyu

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
KIADA
do not think you are safe because you love her

Among the girl’s sulking, Khairi’s attention had garnered her own attention. Her sapphire gaze glued to the location of the white vulture’s call. She lowered her head into herself and harnessed her magic if she needed to use it. She’d use whatever she could to ensure her safety, even if it meant harming her in the end. She hadn’t tried using her tornados before, and she wondered deep within if it would backfire, if it would ignite her instead of the foe she wanted it to.

But then the figure makes itself known, and her attempts at protection hide away once she surprisingly recognizes the girl that approaches. A girl of night and stars, one with a twin much like her own. Both each other’s mirror, yet still somehow the same. Her voice reaches Kiada’s ears in a pleasant tone, and Kiada offers a quiet nervous laugh to escape. “Definitely not. If there was, I’d hope we’d be better prepared for what this world has to offer.” She admitted, flashing Vesper a grin. “It’s good to see a familiar face.” She murmured quietly, acknowledging the greeting before movement took place and Kiada’s guard grew once again. The flames along her back spiked as angry snakes, crackling like wood in a fireplace.

Khairi returned to the trio just as Vesper asked the filly if she was alright. Kiada allowed her flames to die down just enough to where she could control it better as she moved up alongside the darkened girl but remained somewhat distanced from the stranger crashing through the woods. “Do you need help?” She questioned simply, her ears aimed at the girl. Even if they were in a new land, it didn’t mean that Kiada had managed to forget all her training as a nurse. In fact, she liked to think it helped her survive in the Rift even more.

At this point, Kiada glanced over to Vesper briefly, then to Khairi who landed on the soft golden flowers next to his bonded, his blood red eyes looking at the girl in curiosity.

"Talk."

do not think she will not stain her mouth red
with your blood too —

img

@Nyu @Vesper not my best but i'm glad you both joined me :D

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Nyu
Currently championing:
After her laughter ceased, Nyu sat in silence for a good moment admiring the dark lady who had come to her. She was dark as the night, dusted with heavens light. Her red eyes followed past her withers until she was stopped by... wings..? Nyu had never seen wings on a horse before. "Woah.." she whispered in awe. Where she came from everyone was just normal, and she was the odd one out for being a unicorn. She might have been a celebrity being the only unicorn in her land but it took quite an opposite turn when they remained undeveloped as small furry bumps on her head. Not too long after, she was accompanied by another mare who appeared to be a unicorn. Nyu looked up upon it almost lustfully until a strange white bird came down from the sky. What is that?! She scuffled to her feet eyeing the large bird. She looked back up to the two mares before her that were probably questioning her with their eyes. "I'm okay" she said shyly.

When she got up, she became tall enough to see both mares being just about her height. However something was glowing on the mare with the horn. Nyu tilted her head to the side and instantly panicked. "Hurt!" she shouted and ran towards her. She reared gently resting her knees on the small of her back. Blank lines spread across a vibrant burning canvas. Nyu took in a huge breath of air and began to blow desperately on the mare's back trying to save her from burning up. How could she not know she is on fire?! she thought. But nonetheless she was determined to save her and frantically tried to blow it out, but still it persisted.

@Kiada @Vesper
OOC: Permission granted for force/touch with Kiada in one post via PM :) Any force may be used on Nyu, from Kiada or Vesper, as long as it does not permanently hurt or harm her. (Ex. Kiada or Vesper can push her off if you want :) <3 <3