This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Pain unfolding
Open Rainforest Cliffs  For Kiada, but anyone can jump in!
Luminar
Currently championing:
@Kiada

LUMINAR

Luminar was brooding. He was a bit cranky today, his third day in the Rift. It seemed each passing day in this god-awful place was sucking the life out of him more and more. He was having excruciating flashbacks more often. Flashbacks of things he didn't want to think about.

Sharp pain skittered up his spine as teeth bore down on his tail head."Git you little bastard! "   A pint-sized inky colt wobbled his way down a long corridor. Wide milky eyes scanned the dank, dripping stones that made up the walls, searching fervently for a way out. More teeth came at him, this time taking him in the flank and drawing blood. " Go!"  The foal scuttled down the hall quickly, two large leather clad stallions behind him. Light shone up ahead and he bolted. The sound of hooves on stone came close behind. It was not a way out. It was a cell, with twenty other petrified foals of varying ages. The youngest was 4 months - just like him - the oldest 2 years. A door slammed behind him, the sound of a heavy bolt being drawn.

Luminar opened his eyes. He was sweating. That was new. He thought, recalling the memory. He had made the rainforest cliffs his semi permanent home for now, taking refuge in it's thick foliage. He explored enough to know it's landmarks, and had padded down a nice secluded area of soft grass to bed comfortably. He enjoyed his solitude, but his heart was yearning for warm company. He stood, swishing his stubby tail out of habit, and stretched a long stretch, groaning in pleasure. He had been lying around all day moaning and muttering about his situation. It was time to do something productive. What exactly, he knew not.

He ducked under a spiky bush covered in inch long green thorns, he had learned yesterday that these thorns were coated in some kind of poison that made the wounds they inflicted terribly itchy. He had ducked under the bush, but not low enough, catching his withers on one of the spurs. He had itched uncontrollably for quite some time. He saw that as a good sign though. It meant the general populace would steer clear of these inconvenient briers, thus steering clear of his personal retreat.

He set forth on a path that led to the cliff edge. He quite liked the view. Maybe it would inspire him to do something productive.

"Talk."

quote goes here!
and more than one!
image || coding
Thread Table
All violence/force may be used any time as long as it doesn't cripple or kill him!
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta

KIADA
troy falls a thousand times
in every dream i dream

Sometimes it felt like a few steps forward for a hundred steps back. This was one of those times – having left the southern region for the east, only to return on some faint hope that her brother might be nearby. She only needed to know that he made it through – that he hadn’t fallen at the hands of Kisamoa. But Kianzo wasn’t that stupid, he wouldn’t challenge a god… At least she didn’t think he would. Yet, the Harpy still felt empty inside. Her twin, her other half, her sun to her moon, missing with no news on whether he still breathed or not.

She would know if he wasn’t, right? There had to be that innate feeling of your twin, your womb mate, that let you know when they were in danger or hurt. And Kiada couldn’t understand why she felt nothing. Though she still returned to the cliffs in the hope that she might come across him or the rest of her family she so openly left to the wolves. A small sigh passed her lips as she reached a barrier of thorns. She glanced up to Khairi, her bearded vulture companion, swooping past her in the high boughs of the trees as he hunted.

Then, without much else thought other than not wanting to get cut up more than she already was, she reached down to her shoulder armor, pressing the soft rose gold plating with her nose. It expanded, covering the entire top half of her body, gleaming and shiny in the dark light. Ducking her inky head from under the thorns, she pressed through, cringing against the sound the thorns made against the metal as she made her way into what appeared to be a clearing of some sort. Curiously, with hope lifting in her chest, she strode forth from the clearing to a path.

Following along the path, her head was lifted tall, a heavy trot as her pace as she approached. However, as she grew closer, she noticed the path lead to a view of some sort, and a stranger she wasn’t expecting, nor was it who she was hoping for. A small frown found her pink splattered lips before it disappeared. Clearing her throat quietly, she let her sapphire gaze land on the dark stranger, nickering a quiet greeting to them. “Oh, hello!” She called out to him, uncertain of how he would take her presence here.

"Talk."

like ashes, like ashes,
like a star burning out —

img | bg

@Luminar not my best, but it'll get better I promise <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Luminar
Currently championing:
LUMINAR
Lost in thought, Luminar stared off at the swells. The wind was fierce up here, and he liked the way he teetered on the edge, wind pushing him back. He wondered what it would be like to fly. To just jump off the cliff... He sighed deeply, great black sides heaving like a bellow. The wind was fierce enough at this height to block out all sound- so he was quite surprised when he heard a voice call out..
"Oh, hello!"

Luminar started violently, nearly falling off the cliff. He whirled around, teeth bared. His automatic reaction was fierce, as years of battle and fighting had hammered the knee jerk reaction into him like a picture chiseled in stone. When he laid eyes upon the creature who spoke took him by such surprise.

She was stunning. Luminar was not usually impressed by ladies. For a while he thought he may have been asexual, as he wasn't overly thrilled at any creature that flaunted their hindquarters at him. But this... This creature looked to be chiseled from a god. She had a robust, strong body and piercing blue eyes. Her coat was painted with a delicate hand. She was golden, with a mysterious dark face. Beautiful white markings splashes across her like the ocean had covered her in white surf. He was awe struck.

"Hello." He murmured, never taking his eyes off hers.  

"Talk."

SHE'S A COLD, HARD BITCH, BUT JUST A KISS ON THE LIPS AND I WAS ON MY KNEES.
and more than one!
image || coding

ooc; sorry for the crap quality!
Thread Table
All violence/force may be used any time as long as it doesn't cripple or kill him!
Explorer Kiada

KIADA
in every dream i dream

The Harpy hadn’t meant to startle the creature by the ledge – though she was sure he probably wasn’t expecting company judging by the thorny barrier she had encountered previously. So she paused with baited breath, hoping she didn’t just cause this man to careen over the edge; while simultaneously remembering the cliffs in her homeland of the World’s Edge, and how it felt very similar, teetering along the edge with the wind pushing you back as if the world was trying to prevent you from falling in the most gentle way it knew how.

But she did reach down and press her shoulder guard to collapse the armor, revealing her golden hide and clouded splashed rump, and even the large X marking that sat along her other shoulder, continually oozing the glowing teal liquid. It had been months since she received the gift, but it hadn’t healed, and she wasn’t sure if it ever would. The rest of her body, her spine mostly, was littered with small little scars and fresh scabs by her withers where her winged armor punctured her flesh every time she summoned the armor to appear.

And she waited, watching with her sapphire eyes as he whipped around baring his teeth while Kiada had no much more of a reaction than her dark ears pinning momentarily against her skull. As he said hello, she dipped her head slightly to him. “I didn’t mean to interrupt your solitude.” She called out to him, pointing with her crescent shaped horn to the cliffs edge. “I can leave if you’d prefer? I was searching for someone and thought they were here.” She admitted, offering a soft innocent smile against her pink splattered lips.

"Talk."

like ashes, like ashes,

img | bg

@Luminar no worries dear <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Luminar
Currently championing:
LUMINAR
Her glistening armor retracted and folded back neatly, revealing more of her sculpted body. Luminar felt like he was going to start sweating bullets. Words were swirling in his head, he was caught so off guard by her presence that he was actually at a loss for words - which doesn't happen to him very often. She spoke to him, a playful look in her sapphire eyes. She smiled innocently, and he regretted his instinctual response. He smiled dumbly, feeling sheepish. "Sorry ma'am. " He lowered his head and bowed to her, his great black body dipping down in a surprisingly graceful way. "I didn't mean my reaction. It's a thing from my past. Apologies."

He stood, looking her over more closely. Her beautiful golden coat was marred at the withers. He wondered why? She had brilliant appaloosa markings covering her rump and loins, he felt like he was staring at a beautiful painting in a museum, trying to decipher it. He hadn't been attracted to a lady in over two years, since he lost his first and only love. He needed to get to know this creature. "May I ask your name?"

"Talk."

SHE'S A COLD, HARD BITCH, BUT JUST A KISS ON THE LIPS AND I WAS ON MY KNEES.
It kills me not to know this, but I've all but just forgotten, what the color of her eyes were, and her scars or how she got them.
image || coding

@Kiada
ooc; ah I didn't realize her armor covered her body!! Sorry! I fixed it as best I could xD
Thread Table
Explorer Kiada

KIADA
in every dream i dream

The harpy offered him a gentle smile as he apologized and suddenly bowed. It stroked her ego some as she lifted her dark inky head a bit higher, admiration gleaming in her sapphire gaze. ”I didn’t mean my reaction. It’s a thing from my past. Apologies.” In turn, Kiada dipped her own head, graceful as she could be in her own form of greeting. “My apologies to you as well. I shouldn’t have snuck up on you like that.” She admitted, standing back to her full height, just a tiny amount taller than he was. Nevertheless, she stepped slightly closer to him, allowing him space as he stared at her. The large X marking on her shoulder continued to drip the glowing teal liquid as she did so, but appeared as if it didn’t bother her.

There was no pain with the wound, just an annoying continual ooze – drip, drip, drip – and it drove her slightly insane as she tried to prevent it only to give up when nothing worked. Suddenly, she was taken away of her thoughts as he spoke to her, asking her name. She offered him yet another gentle grin before she spoke. “I am Kiada. My companion over there is Khairi.” She said softly, tossing her head to where the dark white bearded vulture sat in a tree branch, looking over the duo as they spoke. He crooned a dark guttural sound of hello before he regained his silence. Kiada glanced over the edge of the cliffside, admiring the view momentarily before looking back at the moon-touched man. “And what is your name, Mgeni?” She questioned him, tagging on the word in her own native tongue – a rather exotic sound falling from her pink splashed lips.

"Talk."

Mgeni - Stranger

like ashes, like ashes,

img | bg

All good!! :D <3 @Luminar

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,