This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Do trees bleed?
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Vesper
Currently championing:
vesper
I didn’t think it was possible to grow used to the screaming.  It hadn’t lessened, but it had become as familiar a sound as my own breathing after so many days.  There were moments when it picked up in intensity and I feared that my head would split clear open, but for the most part they’d abated into a dull roar.  The content had changed too. Gone was the bloodlust, and now the ever present voices screamed out to find the tree with the beating heart.

That, in itself, didn’t make any sense.  Trees didn’t have hearts.  Or at least the ones that I knew didn’t.  But there was so much here that I didn’t know, perhaps there were living, breathing trees in this place.  So the screaming led me back to the cliffs.  Normally I’d send Everly ahead to look for the tree, but in her current state I didn’t want to risk her injuring herself.  

Stay with Savera. I’ll be back.  I said to the ever-faithful Zephyr, before leaping into the air, intent on searching the cliffs from above.  It seemed like a fool’s errand - looking for a tree among trees - but I had to do it. I wasn’t even sure what I was looking for, even from above all the damn trees looked the same and were nearly indistinguishable in the rain.

But then one of them moved.

And my head nearly exploded.

That was it. It had to be.  And I hastened to return to Everly and Savera.

I knew where we had to go.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

@Savera

Vesper trial part 2 - harvest organs of living tree
Savera trial stay awake all night for 3 nights: night 3
;D

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit
Savera
Currently championing:

Player is absent until

let me kiss you in the pouring rain

"Stay," Vesper says. Savera yawns her sleepy consent, far too tired to protest. Usually she would demand the right to accompany Vesper on her every adventure, to stay beside her starlit sibling and learn, but right not it is all she can do to keep her jaw from splitting with the force of her exhaustion. When the yawn finally passes Vesper is gone, and Savera is left in the company of unhelpful birds - Everly, diligent and dedicated but prone to narcolepsy, and Devi, neither diligent nor dedicated, and far more inclined to sleep.

The morning star sets her teeth, weary determination in every line of her youthful face. She isn't going to go to sleep. Failure isn't an option, not to the daughter of fire and moon.

She just has to get through one more night.

Five minutes into Vesper's absence and Savera sighs, already bored. Ten minutes and her eyelids flutter, lashes dancing against the pale cheeks. A flash of pain in her withers makes her yelp - Devi's talons are deep in her flesh, a wake-up call that is far from gentle. But the griffin isn't looking at her bonded; Savera follows her gaze up through the trees, delight and relief flashing on her face as the familiar figure comes back into view. "Vesper!" the morning star trills happily, hazel eyes bright with adoring relief. "We go?" she yawns, and stomps a dainty hoof, ready to move on, to add some purpose to the sheer willpower keeping her awake.

cause you and I, we were born to die

image credits

@Vesper
Vesper
Currently championing:
vesper
Still here. Still awake.  Everly reported, dutifully, as I made my way back to the winged trio.  And what a sight they were.  As soon as I saw them with my own eyes, I allowed myself to let out the breath I hadn’t even been aware I’d been holding.  As soon as my cloven hooves found the soft, rain-soaked earth I made my way over to Vera’s side, making my own appraisals that she’d been unharmed in my absence.

I smiled at her inquiry - equal parts innocent and demanding.  “Yes, we go.  And we keep you busy so you don’t fall asleep,” I said, gently, to the over-tired girl.  Thankfully it seemed that my own task would likely keep the both of us busy for quite some time, and hopefully keeping occupied would be enough to keep the both of us awake until dawn broke.  Perhaps I was being overly optimistic.  We still had to find the tree I’d seen from the ground, then go about stealing organs from it.  But at this point, all I could do was take one step at a time and do my best to keep the screams at bay.  

“I know where we need to go.  Stay close, I don’t want you to get lost in this place.”  It was a lighthearted warning, but a warning nonetheless.  Everything about this world was treacherous, and I’d be damned if I lost my baby sister to carelessness.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

@Savera

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit