This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Wild Things
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
otem
You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in fields of gold
Otem ran.

She didn't care that she should stay with her family, that it was entirely irrational to flee from them given all that had happened, or the fact that she knew nothing and no one in this strange new world. All she knew was the endless anxiety in her chest, the way her lungs never quite seem to be able to take enough oxygen, or the pain she felt upon seeing the fleeting black image of a crow before her eyes.

No, not a crow. A raven.

Like her mother.

With tears streaking from her eyes the girl dashed away from her haphazard family, not even sparing a look back for her twin. She hoped that he would follow, but she couldn't stand to hear her own voice telling him to do so, because she already knew how weak and lost it would sound. Otem hadn't really even noticed that Pandora had entered into the Rift with her until she unceremoniously flapped her wings and began to glide alongside her bonded, hooting forlornly. 

Eventually the autumn-child came to a halt, realizing that she was standing in what appeared to be a jungle. It was so unlike anything she'd witnessed before that momentarily her anguish and anger was put on hold as her bi-coloured gaze flitted up and around the bizarre trees and the hushed breeze that billowed between them.

Image Credits

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Tamlin
Currently championing:
He woke soaking wet and miserable. A splitting headache greeted him, along with a sore body and a mouth dry as sand.

The black stallion, once called Tamlin (a name he had not heard uttered from another’s lips in several years), was laying flat on his side in a neon-edged bush. He was dirty and shaggy. The dark bronze colour of his hooves hidden behind a layer of mud and his once velvety coat dull with wet dust. His black mane was in disarray; full of twigs and leaves, the hairs matted together by resin. His white tail, looking more greyish brown, was no better. He looked nothing like the prince he had once been; it was either tragic or laughable, depending on how you saw it. Only one thing was sure; if it had not been for his snow-capped rump and frost-dipped horn, a familiar horse would have had trouble recognising him.

Headaches for Tamlin were nothing unusual, but the severity of this one surprised him. He felt like his eyes were about to pop out of their sockets and his skull crack from the throbbing pressure. He was dizzy and confused, wishing hard that he could fade away again. But it was too late now; he was already awake and there was no chance falling back to sleep feeling as he did.

He grunted, deep and hollow, as he rocked his body and pulled his legs towards him. Once right-side-up he placed his black muzzle against the ground and closed his eyes against the pain in his head and body. It did not help any more than shutting out the strange lights that surrounded him. Like that he stayed, he had not the strength or the willpower to haul his thinned out body off the ground.

he reaps in blood

- Every kind of violence may be used against Tamlin at all times -
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
otem
The figure before her could have been anyone, though it was not anyone that Otem knew. She had stayed in the Throat for much of her life, only venturing out to see the areas that bordered it a few times before all of this had happened. And so, despite his white-tipped horn, tell-tale magic or physical resemblance to his parents, Otem looked upon the stallion with an expression of incomprehension. 

"I haven't seen any yet, but this place seems like it would have monsters you know." Otem said halting a few feet away. Her wings were tucked against her sides and her voice was the rather matter-of-fact confident lilt only children seem to have. Her eyes, one gold and one burgundy, looked down upon him curiously wondering what could have provoked him to just ... lie down like this. Her mother had been annihilated in a flash before her very eyes, and although she had run away from the remainder of her family and all that she knew and held dear, she was at least still standing. Even if she was dead on the inside.

Then, thinking it over for a moment, she continued, "Are you hurt?"

Image Credits

Tamlin
Currently championing:
His brain was buzzing, pain reaching like twisted fingers, grappling and clawing inside his head. Maybe it was the pain that caused him not to react to the approach of the young filly. But she had been coming at such a speed that he should have noticed her - maybe he just hoped she would leave him be if he ignored her.

He kept his eyes closed until she spoke. Then he slowly opened his lids and two mismatched, deep set pools were reviled; one icy blue and one hazel brown. He looked at the filly with a gaze that told nothing - his eyes barely looked alive and it was unclear if he saw the filly or was focusing on something far behind her.

He snorted at her, ears slightly angled back, as if he was a grumpy old stallion afraid to be faced with this youth and reminded of his old age. He almost looked wild, covered in mud and dirt as he was.  Maybe the filly ought to be as wary of him as the monsters she spoke of?

Tamlin felt like ripping her to pieces, surely the pain would subside if he did. However, he reminded himself that she was but a youngling and had not done him any harm, even if he despised her presence.

"Were is your family, filly?" he growled. "Surely you should not be out here alo-"

He broke of when he saw the barn owl. Was it a companion? Could this filly be from Helovia? Helovia by the way… how come he was not there? He could have sworn he had passed through the threshold and then deeper into his motherland. But THIS was not Helovia. This damp, dripping rainforest he did not remember. Where was he?

Finally he raised his head from the ground and said, sounding rather dumb: "Where am I?"

he reaps in blood

Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
otem
At the mention of her family, Otem felt herself stiften unconciously. It was a good and fair question, but not one she would be answering. Her family? She might reply, Well my mother died to help save everyone here. My Father is off with his eighteen thousand children, and my twin... well, I think I ran a bit too fast for him to keep up - which was a mistake by the way, but not much I can do about that now. Instead of saying all those things, Otem merely looked down at the dual-eyed unicorn, her lower lip puckering slightly until he said something she could actually respond to.

"Hell." She answered flippantly, turning her ram-horned head to look around the trees with a heavy sigh. Her shoulders rose and fell in a shrug as she turned her gaze back to him. "The Rift, although I don't know if that's the name for this whole place, or just the place we came through. I think it's Kisamoa, or Kaos', lands." Again her shoulders rose and fell; she wasn't sure which was the name he was called here, or if he had another name all together. Either way, it didn't matter. "We all came through and now...we're just here."

Otem, who liked to be in the know and privy to every detail she could get her hooves on came up short when it came to answering the boy's questions. She had  told him basically all she knew, and without guidance from Isopia, or the confidence she gained from being around her twin, didn't know how to go about acquiring more.

Image Credits

Tamlin
Currently championing:
The filly seemed lost in her thoughts for a moment and Tamlin turned his head slowly, looking at the strange trees and bushes around them. He had seen a few rainforests in his travels, but nothing quite like this. It all felt so unearthly, so alien. He would not be surprised if there actually were monsters prowling here.

The sound of the filly’s voice suddenly drew the stallion’s attention and he looked at her with his vacant eyes as she spoke of hell and rifts and uttered a few names he did not know. Her rambling only served to make him more confused.

"By the gods. What are you saying, child?” The stallion’s voice was gruff and raspy, but he did not shout at her.

With another deep grunt Tamlin unfolded his front legs, rocked his hind quarters a few times and then stood up. It was painfully clear to him now, standing opposite the filly, that she was at least as tall as he. It made him feel like a dwarf. He did not like that. He thought for a second that he ought to leave this little squirt to her fate and find answers somewhere else. But who knew, the next horse to cross his path may be even more irritating, he might as well ask this giant girl the questions that were forming in his mind.

He eyed her for a second. She had wings, a set of ram’s horns and a somewhat sturdy body. Why did she look so much like the God of the Earth?

"What’s your name?” he asked, surprising even himself.

ooc; I was not sure how tall she would be, I hope it is alright that I guessed that she would be at least his height (if not, I can change it) :D
he reaps in blood

Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
otem
[Totally fine! ]

At the mention of gods, Otem's face warped into a bitter sneer. The gods had once been her family, however far removed they were. But that hardly mattered now. Gone was gone after all. "The Gods are gone." She muttered, her youthful voice hollow but weighted with the implication of her words. She knew it was just an expression, but in this hellish place it seemed entirely inappropriate given what had transpired. As the man voiced his confusion, Otem's expression became almost irritated.

What was she talking about? Where had he been? Had he dozed through the entire apocalypse? Had he just missed the dozens who had just been incinerated by Kaos, and the Gods (and demi-gods) who had died to get them all through?

"Where have you been?!" She snapped rhetorically, though childishly. Realizing how silly she sounded she steeled her nerve and stood a bit taller, not wanting to continue acting like a petulant child. "Kaos, or Kisamoa or whatever, made everyone come to the marshes. Black smoke covered everything. So many died ... he killed them ... and the gods...even they couldn't stop him. So they made sure that we all went through the portal okay. It's why most of us still have our magic and companions..." Her shoulders rose and fell, the after-image of Isopia burning away in bright light still engrained in her memory.

"I'm Otem." She continued, answering him finally. "Who're you? And how do you not know any of this?"

Image Credits

Tamlin
Currently championing:
Where have you been?!

Suddenly Tamlin felt embarrassed. He was used to loss of memory, it was everyday life to him, but it was the first time he was confronted by it. The first time anyone had been there to throw it back in his face. Her rhetorical question hit him hard; it seemed his broken mind had lapsed over some rather important information this time.

As Otem spoke he grew even more irritated and confused. But his confusion this time lay not in the knowing how he ended up in this strange world, but rather in the comprehension that Helovia was gone. He did not want to believe it! The land where he had been born was no more and he would never see his beloved World’s Edge again. The only place where he had felt sane and safe was forever lost to him. What now?!

Aviya, he thought, if only you were here to tell me this is not true! You should see this place; it is as taken out of a nightmare. I hate it here. He often thought of Aviya this way - as if he were composing letters she would never receive.

He felt the panic creep into his body. His skin started itching and he longed for the escape. Soon the sweat would break out around his ears and the familiar frantic thoughts would emerge from the depth of his brain. He needed his ritual. He needed to forget these feelings of loss that welled up inside him.

"I need to speak to mother." he mumbled under his breath, thinking the filly could not hear him.

He gave Otem a quick gaze. Maybe he could borrow some of her blood for his ritual? The thought gave him some calm and a faint smile brushed his face as he answered the first part of her question: "Tamlin. Nice to meet you, Otem. I am sorry you had to go through such an ordeal coming here."

The black stallion edged a little bit closer to the filly, readying himself for a quick attack. He only needed a few drops to spill on the ground, then to hell with this little girl, she could go get eaten by the monsters for all that he cared.

ooc; Is it alright if he attack her? :3

he reaps in blood

Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
otem
[OF COURSE IT'S OKAY!!! :D ]

Mother? Even though Otem herself was sulkily and mopily missing her own Mother, hearing the words she might well have said herself come out of this stallion's mouth just seemed...odd. Wasn't he fully grown? Why did he need to talk to his mother?

Maybe he was a bit ... slow? And yet .. the words that came out of his mouth next were reasonable and polite and well-spoken. Strange Otem thought to herself without much thought. This was a strange place afterall, and he'd apparently slept through the whole ordeal that brought them here. Maybe he was allowed to be a little bit out of it.

"Thanks." She murmered awkwardly, swishing her tail and adjusting the placement of her wings against her flanks. "I think we all went through a bit of an ordeal...whether we remember it or not." She added with a trill of force childish laughter, trying to make light of the situation despite how dire things really were.

Image Credits

Tamlin
Currently championing:
A slight adjustment of his head to angle his horn just right. No need to kill her, I only need a couple of crimson drops on the forest floor. A slow shuffle of his feet to take him even closer. Any moment now.

He answered her without really noticing what she had said or what words he himself chose. "Yes, very true." he murmured looking at the point of her shoulder rather than in her eyes. He paid no mind to how odd he must seem to her. His logic and reason was already leaving him - making way for the frantic madness he felt when the need grew too strong.

Sweat was breaking out around his ears now and his skin itched like he had ants crawling all over him. Around him the humid forest felt like it was closing in. All those wet plats and strange smells were beginning to drive him crazy (even more crazy that was). But the need, the cravings he had were worse than this hellish place. He could kill all those negative feelings if he only got his hooves (or rather his magic) on some blood.

Like a viper he struck. Suddenly and true. He had honed his skills on small critters throughout his lonely years, other horses where seldom the victims of his cravings. But this time he hoped for nothing more than that his horn had sliced open her hide at the point of her shoulder - as he had aimed to do. It would not be a severe wound, but it would bleed and blood was what he needed for his ritual.

he reaps in blood