This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
the missing parts of me
RP Wanted The Portal 
Patrick
Currently championing: Caevoc
P A T R I C K
There was much he did not see, much knowledge he should have and does not.  He missed the birth of his half brother, missed the return of his mother, missed the death of nearly all the family he knew and some he should have known.  Because Kaos was not content with simply killing there were not even corpses remaining to tell the story.  So, Patrick does not know what horror he left his twin to witness alone in his absence...

I don't know what put it into my head, but one day in the middle of our second year I got the bright idea to go looking for our mother again.  It wasn't because I didn't believe Pop had tried hard enough but rather that I was restless and felt I needed a reason to go wandering though I never had before.  I can't remember if I told Pop or Kho, being me I probably didn't.  For some reason, I did stop to collect my treasures, the shimmering gold medallion (sun amulet) and my glittering string of diamonds (item).  If Pop or Kho did happen to see me, they probably thought I was running away.

Anyway, off I went and I wasn't exactly quick about it.  Eventually, I got to the place where I would be able to leave Helovia, as I thought I wanted, but got as far as standing right at that border only to find that I couldn't go on.  So, I learned that even my inclinations towards adventure have limits.  I was left wondering what to do next because I certainly could not go back to the Dragon's Throat, having left to accomplish something important that I ended up not even trying to do properly...

The young man stood gazing off into the mists beyond Helovia for some time before turning his back and heading further north instead.  Maybe he thought he would find old acquaintances, or maybe he hoped that the one he searched for hadn't gone so far afield after all.  He wandered through the colder lands, stopping to examine interesting things here and there along the way.  When he came at last to the Basin he found it in an up roar.  He was unable to pick any of his friends out in the chaos, but he chased after the mob that exited the place anyway.  Perhaps the general feeling of panic was spreading even to this hard-headed youth.

All he knew after that was running and running and running and still he arrived at the Deadlands long after everyone else.  There before him was the alien portal and by this time he could no longer think of any reason not to leave despite the wrongness of the situation and everything surrounding it.  

Through he came…

On the other side of the portal, he lands awkwardly, back legs skidding around to his left and front hooves scrambling for purchase.  He does manage to keep from going down, if barely, and moves a few body lengths away from his landing place to look about at the misty forest with it’s unnatural looking trees.  Here and there are disembodied eyes that seem to peer menacingly at him.  He shivers every time he meets a staring, yellow, gaze but he does not flee.

"Where...?"

will you help me
find myself?
image || coding

Helovia Transfer
link to SWP participation: did not participate in final SWP
Magics: none yet
Enchanted items: none
Rift-god / Kaos items: none
Amulets: 1 sun amulet
Companion/s: none yet
Mutations: from Helovia - born with ability to bond with 2 companions
Species change (if applicable): n/a
Requests: Please don't remove anything from his current design (if possible).  I don't mind additions though.

Joining with the following normal items:
Jewelry | Diamond orbs on a string (from his Helovia Items)
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The shadows swarm, ready to feast on this small creature— it seems these little ones are filled with feast as they cross though from a magical, dead land.

…ah, how anticlimactic. This one is a famine.

The shadows fade away, and one can nearly feel their disappointment.
the Rift
simply explode

| TRANSFER NOTES : PATRICK |

Amulets:
A lingering tendril of darkness snatches up the bright Sun's blood you wear; not a single morsel is missed by the Rift.

Normal items transfer fine, just use this thread as link-proof in his profile.
» Presence of the Rift «

Patrick
Currently championing: Caevoc
P A T R I C K
No one answers him because, despite the ever watching eyes, there isn't anyone around to do so or, no one who cares to.  Patrick's blue gaze sweeps the tall, gnarled trees that look like no trees he has ever seen.  His hooves begin to shift nervously as he picks out odd little details he had not noticed before.  His discomfort with this place is becoming quite obvious.  Unfortunately, he seems unsure which way to turn.

Where in the world, or worlds(?), am I?  This place is... not right, and that is the understatement of the century but it is the best I can think of at the moment.  I have never seen, well anything at all like this before except maybe that deadland-swamp place but even that wasn't this.  Creepy, creepy, and more creepy.  Why the hell am I here?  How do I get out?  I can't go back the way I came, the portal isn't there anymore... assuming there ever was one.  Maybe this is all just a dream?  That would be nice.

The young stallion snorts in displeasure and takes a step backward then hastily steps forward again as if he is afraid of backing into something dangerous.  A quick glance back and to the side reveals no obvious change in his surroundings beyond a shifting of the eyes.  No, wait...  it was full dark, to begin with, yet somehow it now seems to be growing even darker still.  The sandy coated male squeezes his eyes shut and when he opens them he finds himself faced with shadow... not the shadows of things, living or otherwise, but Shadow itself.  It is deep and dark and empty but unmistakably a presence.  That presence slinks around him caressing and grasping all at the same time but it seems to find something lacking for it pulls back with a... whine?  

Dark ears plaster to his skull as Patrick witnesses this retreat and he shakes himself free of their lingering touch with disgust.  He fails to notice that last lunging limb until it is too late.  This tendril coils around the golden amulet hanging from the end of his diamond string and rips the precious trinket away.  His shaking stops just in time to allow a glimpse of his pilfered treasure zipping away into the trees, seemingly of its own accord.

"No!"

The objection is bellowed out and accompanied by a sharp hoof stomp.  Incensed by this ghostly robbery he spins towards the trees where the shadows vanished and leaps forward to follow.  However, here there is no obvious route through.  The trees grow too tightly together leaving nothing but an impenetrable wall.  Still, he stops to study the barrier seeking possible entrance and once more failing to notice that he has lost something.  In the speed of his turn the string of diamonds, he has owned for most of his life fell to the ground behind him.  At least this object hasn't disappeared, yet...  

will you help me
find myself?
image || coding

OOC: If someone chooses to take that bait, I would appreciate getting the item back at the end of the thread. :)