This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
CAN YOU HEAR ME?
Open Uwaritace 
Bathsheba
Currently championing:
It is quiet, eerily so. The world has finally stopped spinning out of control, and entered some semblance of peace. If days of rain and discouraging mists is what you would consider peace. With only my thoughts as company, it was all too easy to put my most recent encounters behind me. All vestiges of Gold and long, stilted legs are left behind as my feet carry me hence. Every now again I am reminded of Glacia and her fearsome, yet gentle countenance. She seemed like a genuine enough character, but the part of me that mattered most was still leery of trusting. Trust had become a long-forgotten memory in the wake of most recent events. Owl and Asterisk are all that are left, constant companions that guide me to who-knows-where in this maze-like land. They keep me grounded, safe from the sneaking shadows of my mind. To any who cared they were the single thread of sanity that kept me going during my time in the Deep Forests of Helovia, lost and going mad within the confines of my inner-most thoughts.

Now they come forward once more, the soft caress of gentle breath and brief snippets of sunshine that remind me to keep moving. Every step is cautious, calculated, while the rest of me serves as a conduit for information. This land I have found is dead silent and strangely cold, whereas the other places I traveled through were more humid. A faint mist hung knee-high from the ground, making it difficult to see where my feet were going, instilling a sense of dread in my gut. Yet onward I went, carving a careful path through the skinny grey trees that dotted the valley in small copses. They too were, naturally, foreign to me.

(Look, look there-) I glance up immediately, ears swiveling forward sharply.

There, perhaps a hundred yards from where I stilled was a tree. It is unlike anything I have ever seen and I can feel the motion of my eyes widening. I drink in the sight with barely muted awe, for this behemoth of a tree was singularly the most beautiful, and most horrifying thing I have ever seen. She - how do I know this? - is massive on levels I knew not were possible. The only thing that might have come close to her size were the Basin’s sentinels, and even that is questionable as I inch slowly closer. My God she is… she is- (dying, look she has been burned, badly.) gasps Owl softly, and I realize she is right. (Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad) Asterisk chants, almost angry. Angry that anyone could harm such a majestic life as the one before me.

But is that not what the Rift does?

It takes.

It eatsdevours.

It steals.

It believes it is owed.

Kaos believes he is owed.

(is he?)

A single drop of moisture pings against the silent backdrop, sending shivers down my spine. Indeed, what a beautiful display of Kaos.

"Talk."

@Himeldirooc - oops, here it is!)
all that glitters
is not gold

image | coding
Himeldir
Currently championing:
HIMELDIR

He hums to himself as he wanders through the thick forestry, misty fingers caressed glowing limbs, swirling like whirlpools as his presence shifted them. His light may have been useful in some dark places, but here in the mist; where it was utmost thickest, it was useless. Refracting back into deep pools of aquamarine. But this guy knew exactly where he was going, it wasn't all that new to him. He could sense her presence from a few miles away, having grown up with her, he knew how to feel for her. And this was how he would find her again.

A soft melodic lullaby carried him on wards, helping him keep his footing exact, keeping him on beat. It had been a while since he had spoken with Her, he wondered what tale's she'd have to share this time.
His family had always made sure they visited the tree at least once a season, remembering how his first time was full of excitement stumbling over himself as his new limbs couldn't cope. His parents face's beamed with content, watching him with a sparkle in their eye's. They had brought joy to the world with his birth. Being such an energetic young boy that was caring and sweet. But however he was also strong minded, a leader perhaps in the making. Though as he grew, Himel never wanted to lead, he just wanted the same happiness his parents had had when he'd arrived.
Now his world was black. Ironically.

The presence of her grew twofold. A caring smile pulled upon darkened lips. Happiness swelled within him and his light grew brighter. Charred branches glowed an odd blue and soft lilac as he made his way forth. The mist caught the stronger light around him, too glowing the same shades of blue and purple of his pelt. Now she would see him coming, the thought alone caused his smile to widen, thrilled to hear her soft voice telling him how beautiful he was. How his new glow was better then before, brighter. He giggled.
His step now became more of a dance, his song changed to more upbeat as he trotted his way on wards.
He was too much in his own world that Himel had not even noticed how burnt the world was around him.

Aquamarine pools froze on the site before him, his heart fluttered like a thousand butterfly wings. But not out of excitement, no. It stuttered upon the sight before him. Upon the half burnt tree that was once beautiful, standing massively above all. She was the reason; so all thought. That this land had survived. Now he knew why nothing grew but deformities. The land was dieing around him as the heart of the world was gone.
His whole demeanor dropped, his light almost went out, dulling to just the faintest of glows, causing him to look drab and dull. His ears flopped down beside desaturated cheeks. Mouth dropped to the ground as he stood there in utter silence. She was gone.
So many emotions filled the glowing man, he just didn't know how to react to the scene before him. How was one to react when you found out that your mother tree was dead? She wasn't supposed to die! This was not meant to be.
He screamed.
"Nooooooooo!" He sobbed as he fell to the ground before her. How could this be? Everything he knew of was gone, ripped from this dark, dark world. "Why?" he asked through silent sobbing. "why have you done this!" he cried indefinitely. All memories of his family gone forever. How could this be?! He cried; silently, to himself yet again. Tears rolled down dulled cheeks as he lay upon the ground before her in a heap of a mess.

He was so caught up in himself, he had not noticed the company he behold.

"Talk."

{{OOC: Well that was unexpected :D}}

"Mennai in eleni ier ier á cala."
"Until the stars are all alight."
image || coding

@Bathsheba
Use magic/force/ect upon him.

Native Riftian
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Standing beneath the stark, burn, naked limbs of this massive tree is an equally great and grave creature. The elephantine Loricatrunc sentinel is calm, steadfast, and motionless beneath his iron-grey armor. The plates shift only subtly as dark grey eyes turn towards the sobbing, screaming disturbance to the tree’s misted peace.

A slight twitch of his trunk, a small flap of his pointed ears; and then the great creature went back to statue-like stillness. A great guardian of an already-dead mother.
the Rift
life from death

A loricatrunc is standing beneath Uwaritace. You have the choice of interacting with him, or leaving him be. There's no right or wrong choice! (If the latter, this will be RP's only post in this thread).
» Presence of the Rift «

Bathsheba
Currently championing:
Sing a song, sing a song little one and be at peace.

Drip-

Let your troubles cease and your tears fall no longer…

Drip-

Something… something is here, it whispers at the back of my mind as I stand there, gawping woefully at the ruined Tree. (Do not trust what you hear,) exclaims Owl softly, one ear twitching back as a noise echoes out from the valley. Somebody, something was coming. The noise became the even, familiar tempo of footsteps, trudging their way through the same willowy weeds I had only an hour earlier. Naturally I have to look, tearing watery blue eyes away from the regretful scene to find another equine slipping into the clearing. If it had been slow before, time might as well have stopped in that moment. For the creature parting the foliage was single-handedly the most stunning being I had ever beheld. His coat glimmered as though from some inner light, the opalescent rainbow shifted and merged across the hard planes of his body. His hair draped like fine curtains of black silk upon the ground, heavy with damp and speckled with dew shine. The horn at the centre of his forehead was, if anything, a mite intimidating, its crescent tip dyed deep kohl in color with veins of alien blue threading through its trunk.

How long did I stand there, staring slack-jawed at him? I do not know. But if not for the ear-splitting wail that tore from his mouth, surely I might have been convinced of his being a part of my imagination. This place, this world was so full of strange and unusual things! His handsome figure crumpled to the moist earth in grief as he cried, beseeching everyone and no one of the tragedy that must have befallen the grand Tree before them. Of course it was sad, even I could tell. However it was obvious that this man had some sort of connection to the great (Mother) Tree, that or he was terribly dramatic.

It was only fitting that in that moment, another movement catches my eyes. Whipping around, the weeping man not forgotten, I see something else I should have definitely noticed. However this creature I could forgive, for its body was massive, and designed just so that it camouflaged perfectly with the crisp trunk of the Tree. Just like everything else in this place it was nothing like I have ever seen before. Ethereal and majestic in its silent vigil, peering at us with beady black eyes that spoke of wisdom and years.

W- what are you?” I ask, the words slipping off my tongue before I realized what was happening. Pale blue eyes widened and I took a single step forward, curiosity and terror leveling the playing field in my mind. “Can you speak?

"Talk."

@Himeldirooc - sorry about that! Definitely interacting! :D)
all that glitters
is not gold

image | coding
Himeldir
Currently championing:
HIMÊLDÎR

He cried, indefinitely.

A small pool swelled up around his cranium in her massive roots, protruding, snaking out from the Earth. She shouldn't have died! whatever did this, must pay the  price. He was such a dramatic school girl sometimes. But this was genuine, his tears fell for Uwaritace herself. She had been there for him as much as his family had been. Helped them get through things. She had been there for them all. She was the reason he walked this Earth (Well that's what his kind believed, some may see it as an odd behavior, you know talking to tree's and all that. But she was their guiding spirit)
A soft movement pricked at his elongated audits, with a shaky rise his head lifted up, aquamarine gems layed upon his company. Quickly he pulled himself together with a sniff. The tears ceased to excist and he stood a little droopy. Shit.
No one was supposed to see him like this. No one Perhaps they hadn't been here long. Maybe they wouldn't say anything? He cleared his throat as if to say something, when the a sharp piercing sound caught him. It may have been silent to others, but the style of his caught more than most, like a prey animal would hear their attacker. The glowing man sensed things more so. Glancing in the general direction he saw nothing. But the other at his side seemed to have noticed something more so than him. Perhaps he should quit the spoilt school girl actions and keep it together like the adult he was. But that would be too easy right!?
Himel knew this place even in it's burnt state. Burnt!? What how did this happen? Who would be so low to so this to something so grande and Living? The anger boiled up inside of him again, if he was able to change colour he'd be the brightest shade of crimson you ever did see. And perhaps there would be steam radiating off his coat. But no his coat stayed the same pastel blues and purples. Nothing change about him except the angry glare plastered clear across his profile. What sick being would do this! His mind screamed at him.  
"I'm a Unicorn, is that not..." His angered voice paused when he realised that they were not talking to him at all, oh no! Their glance was aimed right of Uwaritace. So something had shown itself then, he handn't just been imaging things after all. This settled his mind a little.
He looked, really looked in the direction they were and there blending almost into the shadows stood this hulking creature. It was clad in metal, an amour? perhaps they knew something, or had they done this. Without a pause he stepped in its direction and butted in "Did you do this!?" He shouted at it, guesting around him at the burnt forest and his dead Tree spirit. "Tell me what happened here!"He demanded, His voice layered with anger.
This was not his usual demeanor but the fact that something he cared about had been ripped off this Earth again really got under his skin. So much had been taken from him already and then he had to find this. To be honest Himel was not so good with emotions, they swelled his mind and the glowing guy could not think straight for nothing.
He caught a quick glance at his associate, another painted one. This brought a smile to his face. But his memories of why seemed so jumbled and out of place. But at least he was smiling again and perhaps his anger would stay away for now. His focus was solely upon this mountainous creature before him.

"Talk."

"MENNAI IN ELENI IER IER Á CALA"
"UNTIL THE STARS ARE ALL ALIGHT."
image || coding

@Rift Presence
Use magic/force/ect upon him.

Native Riftian
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The sentinel remained calm, still, and motionless at the softer queries of the blue and black painted mare. Dark eyes roved away from the equids—one curious, the other wailing—his guardianship finding no threat there, and thus he ignored it.

That is, until the particularly loud male stepped right up to him and began shouting. The next movements of the great creature were surprisingly quick for his size and in shocking contrast to his previous stillness. The massive bull loricatrunc swung his head down, two sets of sharp and grey tusks pointing towards the glowing man. The darkly plated armor along his skull became erect as dark eyes bore down at both equines.

A few, long moments of silence, before the great creature finally answered the piebald mare, ’I speak.’ The answer came not aloud, but in rumbled through the mind with a loudness and deepness that rattled teeth. ‘You speak too much,’ and this was pointed towards the howling stallion. Though the loricatrunc did speak, there was a simplicity and rawness to his words that did not imply knowledge, only strength.

Sharp flaps of ears were out and waving around his armored skull, framing dark and now-hot eyes. A few more moments of silence before that terribly loud voice came again, ‘Anger, hatred did this.’ The reply was simple, but there was an array of complexity layered beneath the words: confusion, sadness, loss; all things that stretched beyond this great beast’s understanding.

‘Wings come with ghost flames. Magic burning,’ a long, sad, soulful blink, ‘Mother burn. Still burns.’ And, with that, the loricatrunc’s heavy head rose, looking towards Uwaritace’s imcomprehensivly massive trunk, staring deep into her heart.

‘Who stops burning?’ he paused, swaying on round feet, ‘No one.’ He then turned away from both the Mother and from the equids—though he did (finally) answer the mare’s question about what he was, ‘I am guardian. I protect her.’
the Rift
life from death
» Presence of the Rift «