This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Exploitation & Exploration
Open Ennunyenda  Come learn about plants/potions?
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
in my thoughts i have seen
rings of smoke through the trees,
& the voices of those who stand looking.

So far, the Rift had been fairly good to Otem. She had come through the portal unscathed, had kept her companion, and had been given? (had Kaos given her the leaves that now bloomed in her mane? Otem liked to think that he had, if only to make up for what had happened to Isopia) oak leaves, and now the dapples on her body glowed with a soft golden light all on their own. This world had taken away all that made her special (there was no Earth God here, of whose lineage mattered to anyone), but it had also opened up a new world where there were no expectations for her. Was she Isopia's daughter here? Every day it seemed less and less so. There was no Dragon's Throat despite the fact that there had been talk of forming a pseudo herd comprised of former members, and although her Father was still quite impressive, he was not a Sultan here. Tamlin had called her a princess, but she really wasn't.

Here, in the Rift, she was just Otem.
And that could mean anything.

"What do you think these do?"  Otem asked Pandora, looking at a Yenda Puffball. The tribrid narrowed her eyes slightly as she looked at the rather harmless looking circular things"Last time we had a healer ... this time we have ...?" The filly turned her ram-horned skull around, looking to see if there was anyone else around.

"Anyone?" She called out almost pleadingly, really wanting to try the puffballs to see what they would do, but not wanting to die alone in the process. 

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.
Lyanna
Currently championing:
The Rift had left Lyanna unscathed but for the little black earring that whispered in her ear. She tried to ignore the soft hisses that reminded her every day of who had left her, who had betrayed her, who didn’t deserve her compassion, though somedays she wondered if the earring was right. Otherwise, she had her powers, what little there were of them anyway. Either the Portal or perhaps the Moon Goddesses dying magic or something else entirely gave her the armor she wears now, the teal bird that unfurls it’s wing across her chest. None of that mattered though, because Kaos and his darkness had taken her friends; Sacre, Ru and Glasgow. The faces joined the ever-growing list of the dead that haunted her, and she saw them all in her sleep, could have sworn she could see them lingering in her periphery. Whenever she turned though, they were gone, and she wondered if she was going crazy or if the Rift was playing tricks.

She’d been wandering through the new Western Mists, as instructed, trying to explore but mostly just thinking of the dead. A call from nearby cuts through her thoughts though, and she turns her attention in the direction of the child-like Anyone? that rings out nearly. Lyanna turns her course, ignoring the little black earring as it whispers something about a trap in her ear.

It doesn’t look like a trap though. Lyanna finds a filly, a little owl, and some strange looking Puffball things. Her lack of knowledge about the flora in this place still hurts. She’d spent so long learning the herbs and plants of Helovia and there, at least she could help. Here, though she tried to learn, there was only so much she could learn without someone to teach her. It’s not like she could try everything because it seemed likely at least half the plants in the Rift would bite her back. “I’m Lyanna,” she says. “Are you okay?”

-LYANNA-

let the winds take me

@Otem
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
in my thoughts i have seen
rings of smoke through the trees,
& the voices of those who stand looking.

As if the Rift had answered her call and brought someone to her, the filly spun nimbly on her long legs, her burgundy and gold eyes expectant and childishly large as Leanna appeared before her. It was the Helovian God's fault - her grandparents - who had killed Isopia. Not the rift and not Kaos. Otem had to keep reminding herself of that, for it was all too easy to forget and find herself on the "I hate Kaos" band wagon. But look! Proof! She had needed someone, and someone had appeared. And although Otem did not know it, this someone had both known her mother, had known how to heal, and had knowledge of plants.

The rift had chosen well.

"Hello!" Otem returned brightly, a smile on her pretty features. "I'm Otem. And yes I'm okay. I like plants and so ... I wanted to learn a bit more about them. Only the last ones that I tried to eat made me see things that weren't really there. So I called out to see if anyone was around in case things went sideways again." The words rushed out of the girl with uncharacteristic youthful vigour. Normally Otem refrained in all instances from sounding childish. But something about Lyanna's presence had a reassuring effect on her.

"Wait ... Lyanna? Lyanna the ... the ...wind.... the wind..." The words bubbled and died on the ram-horned girls tongue. She couldn't quite remember what came next, but she was sure that something did. "You were a queen in Helovia. With Alysanne, weren't you? Only I forget now what you were called."

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.