This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
A fool's grievance
Open Ultima 
Cielo
Currently championing:
Cielo

He had ran. A sensible reaction but the effort was moot for the damage had been done and was irreversible. Scorching him from the inside out as wrathful arcs of lightning the Rift had changed him, such terrible change, and worse yet was that he did not know how. There was just a horrible sense of wrong and he wanted nothing more to do with it. He awoke as a sorry, sodden lump on the ground and more then a little confused. The cacophony of the monsoon was nearly deafening and turned the ground to mud. He struggled to gain a solid foot on the loose ground in his panic but he was having a hard time seeing where he was placing his feet in part from the heavy downpour and because, oddly, he was having a hard time seeing his feet. Cielo didn't realized that his flesh had become clear and ghostly but then fear has a way of obscuring the obvious. When he finally found purchase Cielo bolted through the misty landscape as quickly as he could muster without care to his lungs or the scrapes that stung along his legs. Nothing would stop him from reaching what he considered home but he prayed all the way to the Presence to leave him be just in case.

The place in question was Ultima. Cielo loved the crystal cavern as he loved to watch all the life of the sea idle by, touched by the song of the tide on the roof that echoed all around. By the time he reached the caves his breath was labored, foam lathered from the corners of his mouth and sweat leaked from shoulders. He had never paused his flight, too terrified of the Presence preying on him once more. When his hooves met the stone the poor boy stumbled from wariness as he slowed to a lope, then a trot, and finally a walk when he was deeper into the cave and climbed onto a jutting ledge and collapsed, curling his nose to his side and mumbling quietly " Stupid. That was stupid. Wrong. I knew better but...I did anyway. Stupid...always"

Sleep took him eventually and it was a deep trance that would doubtless hold him for a while. If someone were in the cave and wandering past they might first notice puddles of deep blue water leading toward the interior, as his newly gifted magic was causing him to leave them in his wake though it might be difficult to notice Cielo himself at first. The reason for that is the fact that his flesh now had a eerie translucency to it when wet and the stray was still soaked but slowly drying to his pretty white self.

All in all it was winding up to be a bit of a bad day for the stray. Wonder if someone could cheer him up...

"Talk."

All is as mist
Pangur Ban
image || coding
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
It as seen your headless flight. It has heard your prayers. It will answer you, but not to your favor. These lands give no respite and what it has in store for you will not cheer you up.

It starts with a rumble coming from the cliffs in the forest. The Rift is swollen with water after so many days of rain and every stream and lake is bursting and overflowing. They come together, the rising waters, and soon a dangerous natural disaster is on its way. This is nothing a newcomer have ever seen, however a native Riftian might suspect what is coming.

Being a place of magic the floods here are certainly out of the ordinary. As the masses of water near the crystal cave system it looks normal; a bluish brown slur of dirty water. But upon touch it is sticky like syrup. Once caught in this flood, getting out will prove difficult for the water will cling to your body and your legs will have trouble moving though the strangely dense liquid.

The flood enters the cave with a gurgle. Will you wake in time to flee Cielo?

» Presence of the Rift «

Cielo
Currently championing:
Cielo

Burdened even as you were in your thoughtless rest, lost in anoesis, the sensation of wrong did not leave. Or rather it returned all too soon, for no matter how stupid you thought of yourself as being your instincts are far from dull. It creeps in, an echo of a choke. It is a terrible sound and your body twitches at the suddenness and the feeling of offense. Your slumber is broken with a jolt as you realized that you are found yet again, betrayed by the Presence for it sought you as you prayed it not too. Silly boy, betray? You feel betrayed? The presence is not a thing to have honor, or mercy, or regret. It only does what it does and what it does is prey on you. I would too honestly. You keep calling it, you bring this on yourself with your pitiful crying no doubt. Hmm, wonder what's in store this time...what do you think is coming?

You strain, your ears perked and breath held for that terrible unnerving sound, you're practically vibrating with tension and apprehension thinking of the lightning that had seared you before ( which I think is practically powering that coltish body of yours looking at you right now). But no lightning comes, no crackle or metallic singe in the air just a gurgle, blop. Loving water so much you cannot possiably mistake the sound of running water, I mean it is Drench after all, and of all the seasons you choose a tunnel to hide in...an underwater tunnel.

Oh, how's the picture looking now, you idiot.

Your feet are not fast enough but I commend the effort, truly, but you simply didn't have the energy for it so sore form your earlier flight despite the nap. It was a fair distance you got before the brown goo got you, first teasing along your back feet, snagging them up and making you stumble and flail to get them back in a cruel makeshift game of cat-and-mouse before finally overwhelming you totally in one fell swoop. The water is strangely thick and it imprisons you, turning you in slow-motion like a display in zero gravity while you struggle to breath, which do you know that you actually are? In the brown water? No, you don't because your panicking - again- but I'll concede your reasons this time because ow, this actually really hurts. In the cold water you are burning, the skin of your body seething from your front legs up into an alien form through the machinations of invisable arms remaking you. The hairs of your coat become scales, your hooves fins, but worst of all is the jutting of your jaw into a horrendous underbite as you swell impossibly into yourself. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now - oh, wait that's just a baitlure on your forehead.

Goodness,you truly are abysmal and I mean that in a fish way, in an anglerfish way. I guess that's another gift from the Rift.

I might have been a bit wrong that light before - sort of. The tide is rushing forward at an alarming pace even as you idly spin within its grasp and finishes in record time the crossing of the cave that you couldn't complete. Suddenly the swell bursts out of the threshold like a water gun with a tremendous roar. The coast of the little island of Ultima is swallowed under a carnivorous flood and you, my poor boy, are deposited like a piece of jetsam on the stained golden sand, the strange tide receding as quick as it had come. There, stranded and alone like the waif you are should anyone see you they'd be in for a confusing sight. The sticky water clings to you in murky tendrils and parasitic globs that slowly leech themselves off of your normally pale form. Soaked your flesh is see through, transparent enough to see clearly the outlines of your bones and even the shadowy outline of your beating heart. Your front half remains as a gasping Anglerfish, the rest a ghostly vision of your equine form, the terrible mouth opening and closing of its open accord but mercy be it seems you are returning to your old self bit by bit, the transformation process reversing from fins into legs, the short face elongating into a ewe neck and at last your familiar face as the ugly brown scales bleach to white and blue where appropriate but in a transparent state. You would have been delighted no doubt but Cielo, my dear, you are utterly spent and aware of nothing. You are just breathing as instinct demands, limp as a bonefish. I'm afraid if the Rift came to play with you again it'd be game, set, and match.

I won't say anything if you won't. Play dead for the time being, for both our sakes. I'm sure you can do that, right...

Right?

Good.

"Talk."

All is as mist
Pangur Ban
image || coding