This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Naming landmarks?
charks
Currently championing: None

Player is absent until

Hey-o!

I was looking at our map and I noticed some rivers and beaches and whatever else have you - can we give these landmarks names? They don't need their own boards, just a note on the board they're in - like in Ultima, "Bordered to the West by the Whispering River", or for Akvo City, "The shore to the North is called Minnow's Beach, and at its southern end one can find the hidden entrance to Dead Man's Cove"

Stuff like that. Named landmarks to make a board a little more dynamic and consistent, that everyone would know to identify, without the need for any more boards.
Smitty
Currently championing:
Oooh this is a great idea!

I'm happy to hear some suggestions, too! Whoever comes up with them could like, either be Riftians telling names to Helovians ICly? Or Helovians giving some IC names from RP encounters?
if you don't know where to start,
go back to the beginning.
Neowulf
Suggestion:
We have a Guidebook page or w/e with "Landmarks", and there can always be made new user-submitted landmarks!
Just like you choose a prefix you get to choose "Location" for the thread: either the parent forum, or one of the landmarks.
Whichever location you choose is displayed on the thread and in the threadlog.
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?
Rover
Currently championing:
ooh! That way I could list Tamlin's little patch of Helovian flora :D
Smitty
Currently championing:
Oooh I really love this idea!
if you don't know where to start,
go back to the beginning.
charks

Player is absent until

Neo that's a cool plan, I like the idea of people being able to submit landmarks as they're "discovered"!
Neowulf
Okay! :D
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?