This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
You're a Devil, Boy? Well So Am I
Private Siren's Summit  Mortuus Nox
Kahli
Currently championing:
Wonderful. Just wonderful.

I’ve broken free from the confines of the south, running towards open air and freedom. The seas had become so overpopulated, I was beginning to feel smothered, so some open air and untouched land was so, so welcomed. The lands I loved, the places I remembered, were beginning to reemerge from the smog, and for a brief moment, I feel as though I have the helovians to thank for this.

Ha! Can you imagine me being thankful for anything they’ve done? The thought is a fleeting one, because I know that they are the reason so much of our home has been consumed by darkness, all because they had this hero complex that they just couldn’t seem to get over. It was revolting.

I wind through the pines, long legs carrying me gracefully over the uneven ground. The wind that rushes past caresses by lithe body, and as it runs its fingers through my mane, I feel rejuvenated. I let free a whistle, feeling wild and untamed. I am everything that the rift had once been - beautiful, wild, free, and powerful. It had been left in shambles, but not I. Not I, nor my sister, nor any of the other creatures who were forced to grow and adapt and overcome. But we were more fierce because of it, and we shall overcome. We always do.

I slow my pace, evergreen eyes flicking across my field of vision to find my target. I know they had been here. But where? This forest was just as young as I remember it. I had been young, too. It was before darkness had fallen, before fear had forced my hand. I was softer then, but that didn’t matter. Somehow, though, I still felt a sense of peace, here.

There.

Settled within a small clearing, black pillars rise from the ground. They somehow seem more aged than before, or perhaps it was because they lacked the magic that so quickly fled when one moved away from childhood. I dip my head, a single gesture of respect, before approaching the monuments. As children, me and Delia would pretend we could read the runes. Surprisingly, neither could agree who was destined to be queen, because we each seemed to interpret the markings differently. I touch my nose gently to the carvings, worn shallow by time, and sigh. For moment, I allow myself to melt, to relax, to let my bones settle. Life had never been easy, but it had been better. Now? Now, I was a monster, waiting to snap, hungry for transgressors to repay their debts.

KAHLI
What survived might not be kind, but it’s me
Image by Jose Maria Perez Nunez@Flickr | Table by Bunnie

@Mortuus Nox
Mortuus Nox
Currently championing:
MORTUUS NOX
I'm evil to the core. What I shouldn't do I will
What I wanna save I will kill

His body drug him into this new land. It was just opened by Kaos; this world was so different from Helovia. His demonic crown lowered to allow his body to blend and mold into the darkness. Cracked hooves carried the weight of his heavy muscles and scarred body. His gray eyes glowed in the tones of darkness. Others always said the eyes were the portal of the soul, but what if there was no soul? What did that mean? He was damned to the pits of hell. His soul was sold and given away for immortality. Was this all worth it? Sometimes the beast wondered if this gift should have been deemed a curse. It was handed down by generations of immortal beasts. Nox feared that if he ever had a child, the poor thing would be cursed with the same damning fate. The world was fucked up. Why did all of these Helovian's bring children into it? Emotionless eyes looked into the morphing world. It changed and shifted into new scenes and views. Maybe, if he had some what of a heart left he would take a moment to look around. Honestly, the demonic soul did not care.

Shadows danced over his body looking like creatures from hell. Monsters of the shadows welcomed the beats into their home. Hell was satisfied with where their little demon has ended up. His thick legs carried him like a dead body. He was death; he was the shadows, he would have been the dark mist of the rift if he was a spirit. The wolf pelt of the fallen god rested on his back. Little did the beast know that this was his land. This was the land of the corrupt wolf god what he wore the hide of. Maybe the shadows seem to welcome him because, they wanted to take something of his now. Maybe they were watching him, waiting for the right time to strike. For now, the beast did not play into those sinister thoughts.

Something caused the shadow lurked to lift his heavy horned skull. There was a woman, another best standing in this land. His head tilted to the side. HE watched her for a moment. His dead eyes floated over her curves she was different. Something was off about the woman; she seemed like she was from here. This place appeared to meld with her form. The stag waited for a moment. His hide blended and merged into the shadows of the border. A grin fell across his maw as he watched a little creature scurry. He followed the ugly little beast out into the light. The overcast caused his scars to bleed and drip crimson blood from his hide. Stone colored eyes looked to the monument in the middle of this land. His head tilted as he looked to the worn down markings. "I feel like I have seen this monument before. " His husky voice rumbled with heavy Latin tones. Blood dripped from his skull and onto the ground. The warm crimson liquid streamed down his legs and trickled from under the wolf god pelt. "Is this your home? " His expressions are blank and unreadable. No emotions find its way to the demon. He could have passed for a dead body; he was cold, lifeless, haunting, and eerie.

"talk talk talk"

@Kahli

table code by tamme
Kahli
Currently championing:
My ears snap up as the shifting of wet grass and branches announce the arrival of someone else. Can’t they tell I’m trying to brood in peace? I pull my nose away from the smoothed stone, squeezing my eyes shut, and consider simply ignoring him until he goes away. I decide against ignoring his existence, but I don’t turn yet. If whoever this was had been attempting to be stealthy, they had failed, and the proof was in the smooth rumbling of his voice. “So, what you’re saying is, you’ve been here before?”

I turn my head, casting my gaze over my shoulder, to see the stallion who has so rudely interrupted me. I am nonplussed by his appearance. All it garners from me is a raised brow. “Bizarre,” I muse, scanning his physique. Iron red dips down his sides, and it’s nearly impressive that he’s so mobile after receiving such an obvious ass-kicking. I turn, brow still raised, and I face him head on. I stand taller than him, leaner too, and it’s almost disturbing that he feels the need to wander around looking such an absolute mess. “Though, if you’ve been here before, shouldn’t you know that no one lives here?”

He was so plain. It was nearly obvious that he was not native to these lands with his bland coat and obsidian horns. Yet he adorned himself with jewels and gold, all meaningless trinkets that would be lost and tarnish as everything else did. “Shouldn’t you seek a healer or something? Walking around like that, you’re going to attract every predator within five miles of this place.”

My eyes fall upon the fur he wears around his shoulders. There is something familiar about it. Something so familiar. A stone falls within my gut, sending ripples across the surface of anger I had finally been able to calm, and my jaw clenches. However, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, so I relax my face, eyes sparkling within their blackened sockets, and my skull face smiles. “To answer your question, no, I do not live here. I am simply visiting.”

I think of Delia, a snake hidden by a horse’s body, and I know we have many of the same tricks. I step closer to him, a smile upon my lips. My body sways, movements sultry and gentle, as I move closer. “What a beautiful cloak,” I say, eyes seeking out his steely gaze. I stop several paces, cocking a rear hoof, relaxing into an easy stance. “It suits you.” My words come out with a warm coy laugh, and I tip my head, black locks spilling over the sweeping arch of my neck. “Where did you get it?”

I stand before him, and I know how I look. I am lean and beautiful and strange. But I am listening closely, more interested in his answers than he may ever know.

KAHLI
What survived might not be kind, but it’s me

Image by Jose Maria Perez Nunez@Flickr | Table by Bunnie

@Mortuus Nox
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
Long, skeletal limbs move, whisper quiet, through the dark dusk—their movements are slow and fluid and prowling. The flaps that cover the sceletus’ nares move slightly with each humid breath, scenting the air and harboring its venom.

There.

The silent, large, graceful, but slow predator scented blood. So it prowled through the trees, pale and long neck tall and snaking through the young limbs as pale eyes searched and searched for prey…

Dark tentacles around his face twist and writhe in anticipation; though they, too, are silent. Even as the creature nears the obsidian stones and it can feel the heat rolling from the living, breathing prey.

So he prowls, closer and closer—a noiseless hunter, though judicious eater. The flaps on his face suck in with a deep breath—

And he expels his venom from his face, a shooting gob of white-clear and paralyzing goo. But he aims it only at one creature; he is not a greedy predator. One equid is more than enough to fill his skeletal gut.
» Presence of the Rift «

Mortuus Nox
Currently championing:
MORTUUS NOX
I'm evil to the core. What I shouldn't do I will
What I wanna save I will kill

The woman sputtered. She did not hesitate to speak with the beast, the demon of the underworld. He was not sneaky nor was he trying to hide from the woman. Nox simply preferred the peace and quiet of the shadows. She asked if he has been here before. A low rumble of a chuckle came from his chest. His tangled tresses shook his head no. He simply said he feels like he has seen it before. The woman was quick to put words in another mouth. Cold gray eyes do not lift their locking glare from her form. "No I have never been here. I am not from here... I was forced here" His voice was heavy from the pits of hell.

His bloody brow raised looking at her as she continued to speak. The woman had everything but her name to say. Black horns tilted to the side with a smile. It was not pleasant, nor was it warming. It was cold and heartless. It was evil and from the depths of hell. The stag listened as the girl asked if he should seek a healer. "No. Another did not inflict this, nor is it self-inflicted. It is a curse. That's what happens when your family sells your soul to the devil. " He does not contemplate on the subject any longer than he has to. There is no reason why the woman needs to know the reasons behind his bleeding. "If I could be healed, I would heal my self." His monotone words whispered through the air. She tells him she is visiting; then she asks a question that drug his attention back to her face. Ebony colors of his pelt glowed with the crimson liquid, and the beast turned to look at the wolf pelt. This woman had to be from the Rift. What would happen if he told her who's hide this was? Gray eyes looked off into the shadows. The leaves whirled around in the wind like playing demons. "Thank you. It came from the land I once lived in. It was a gift from the Goddess of the Moon. " His answer left everything hanging. The demon knew what happened to those who leaked too much information.
"I am Mortuus" Heavy accented words tones wrapped around each word.

Everything was only quiet for a moment. The demon knew all too well there was a quiet before the storm. This was hell after all. Hell was never quiet. Stone colored orbs turned to look into the shadows just in time. "MOVE! " His powerful voice roared at the girl. White goo started to shower from the sky. The glob was large and hard to dodge. Cracked hooves shuffled quickly as his heavy body leaped into the water. Blood turned the clear water crimson. Stone eyes looked behind him as he walked up on the bank of the other side. "What the fuck is that?" His head tilted and gray eyes narrowed upon the pale beast. He pulls from his magic deep within his soul. Aging bone would hopefully turn it to dust. This is if his magic would work on it... "I have seen a lot of beasts in hell... That is one I have not seen yet.."

"talk talk talk"

@Kahli

@Rift Presence

table code by tamme