This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Promises Up in Smoke
Mature/Trigger Warning Ultima 
Bellisma
Currently championing:
Bellisma
The small, copper-colored mare stood with her hooves nestled deep in colorful sea glass. She wasn’t sure why, but this place felt so much safer than the shadowed wilds of that dark, deep forest she had sprinted through. Perhaps it was a sense of false security (for who knew what lurked in the depths that churned against this vivid beach).

But, for a rare moment, the tiny woman did not pay attention to all the potential dangers surrounding her.

For one single, precious moment, the small and tattered mare was hoping.

She had felt her sides swelling since that day of tryst with her shadowed prince. It had been wrong in so many ways. He was just a colt; she had stolen him from his family.

But it also had been right. It had been gentle, soft; it had been of her choosing. It had been filled with quiet murmurs of encouragement and of tender satiation. And, as if testament to how right it had been, Bellisma thought a life had taken root in her traumatically forced-barren belly.

So her copper tail brushed softly against her hocks as all the fearful lines faded from her beautifully sculpted face. Green eyes glowed slightly, reflecting the ominous light that bounced from rain-heavy clouds.

Perhaps, in all this death and shadows, there were a few candles lit in hope.

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
history is written
by the victors
Copper caught her eye, it gleamed against the darkness she had spent time in. It was catching, and for a second in the light, it looked nearly gold. She had to keep herself from gasping slightly at the sight, hoping that perhaps that brief glance meant that her brother had made it through – that she could see the sun to her moon, her other half again. But when the mare finally stopped to look at that color catching her eye, she was disappointed to see that it wasn’t her brother. But there was still a familiarity with the stranger in the sea glass, something she couldn’t quite figure out.

And so she waited, with Khairi starting to feel a small amount better, he had perched himself somewhere safe while Kiada ventured. They could hardly talk to one another anymore, and she found it hard to continue on throughout the day without Khairi’s guttural voice. But she had to, and she hoped one day she’d hear that sound again.

But today was for bigger, better things. The wound on her chest in a cryptic X marking, oozed a glowing teal liquid with the movement of her approaching this familiar stranger. And upon further inspection, skepticism laced her thoughts as she looked upon the mare. She felt as though she’d heard of this woman before, as if someone had told her something about her, something she didn’t like hearing. But was it actually the creature she thought of? Or had her anger simply made her think that everyone was her enemy?

Do I know you?” She questioned from behind the mare, head tilting slightly and eyes staring into the mare. She didn’t have time for formalities, with stupid hello’s and how are you’s. She’d learned that it was okay to be blunt and to the point from Isopia, however brief their interaction had been. And she’d liked it better that way.

So she’d give the mare a chance to speak for herself, should she find the need to.

"Talk."
kiada
image credits || coding

@Bellisma

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Bellisma
Currently championing:
Bellisma
Curved, sculpted ears are too filled with a painful hope and roaring of crashing waves to hear the scratching creaking of another’s hooves approaching her on this sea glass beach. So, when another’s voice hit her ears—Do I know you?— her entire, small body leaps from the earth in a terrified jolt, sending smooth glass flying.

The bright green, shocked gaze jerks to the source of the question. And they widen, her quick heart faltering for a moment at the familiarity there…

But is only a reflection; a reverse image of a face she now found her self yearning for. Thick black lashes blink repeatedly, as if to clear her eyes and mind of what she thought she had seen, and regain her wits to answer the question posed to her.

“N-no,” she finally manages to falter out. A short, deep breath, and then, “But I…I know your brother…I am Bellisma.” She is not sure why she gives her name…perhaps out of hope that Kianzo had spoken well of her, given what they had now shared? In any event, the series of disjointed thoughts and answers were at odds with the musicality of the small mare’s agreeable voice. But her mind…it was too rattled by hope and jolted by surprise to form fluid sentences.

She paused for a long moment, before, “Kianzo—” her pleasantly musical voice nearly breaks over the name, so tightly does her throat constrict with need emotion, “—is-is he here?”

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
history is written
by the victors
She could have laughed at the way the mare reacted. The fear that laced her joints, involuntarily moving her as she jumped away from her. The mare spun around, staring at Kiada with brilliant green eyes, and she watched as her eyes widened. It was as if there was some recognition there, in the shock and despair the copper woman found as she looked upon the darkened face of Kiada, and it bothered the fire harpy.

N-no.” She began, and a smug smirk began to form on Kiada’s lips. But her next set of words caused the smirk to fade all together, and instead her ears pinned against her skull at the mention of her brother – her missing other half. Then, the name. Her name rang in the harpy’s mind over and over again to where she could almost taste it. A sour taste grew in her mouth and a scowl crossed her lips at the mention.

But the mare dared to speak her brother’s name, and that’s when the fire that had been dormant along Kiada’s spine licked and exploded against her spine in plumes of wolves on the hunt. Should Kiada tell her that Kianzo wasn’t here? That he was missing. Would she feel as Kiada did when the mare stole him from her? Or should she tell Bellisma that Kianzo was indeed among the Rift, and that he wanted nothing to do with her? Kiada wouldn’t know what Kianzo’s heart wanted, but she did know what her heart wanted. And it wanted this copper mare gone forever.

A sickly sweet smile replaced the scowl. “Ah yes, I’ve heard of you.” She acknowledged, though the source of the information likely not from where the copper mare thought. Rexanna had passed the information along, that this had been the mare that stole her prince from their castle. “Kianzo isn’t here. He didn’t pass through.” She began, as if it didn’t bother her, but her sapphire gaze hardened on Bellisma’s copper face as she stretched her head out to the other mare. “What does it feel like to think you’ll never see him again?” She began, retracting her head and lifting it tall, flicking her tail against her dark hocks.

I bet it feels a lot like how I felt when you took him from me.

"Talk."
kiada
image credits || coding

@Bellisma

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)