This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
two rifties available for infinite plots
presley
Currently championing:
Hello!

I have:

Raistlyn
He's a monster hunting Rift ranger. Check out his history for more information!
I'm looking to get a more fleshed out history for him, people he knew, people he fought, people he helped, people he cared about, etc.   He is well travelled, so there's not really any sort of location or occupation restriction :)

Thèodwyn
She has been sent as a representative from her Clan to gather information on what the heck is causing all this chaos in the Rift.  Her clan rarely leaves their secret, Elderadoish location, so she has never been beyond the secret valley until now.   She takes her appointed duty pretty seriously, but she's also a gritty explorer at heart. Looking to make some acquaintances and get into some trouble!
Zèklè
Currently championing:

Player is absent until

Monster hunting?! Zero here says please tell me more!
presley
Currently championing:
(07-21-2017, 02:56 AM)Zèklè Wrote: Monster hunting?! Zero here says please tell me more!

:D gladly :D !!

It's listed in his history, but in a nutshell, Raistlyn was raised in an elite order of rangers devoted to the protection of the Rift inhabitants from the wide array of monsters that lurk.  Potential initiates are selected at a young age, mostly orphans, and undergo rigorous and extensive physical and mental training and conditioning in preparation for becoming monster slayers.  Some, the more promising individuals, are subjected to mutagenic compounds that alter their DNA for more desirable, durable traits.  Most do not survive the mutation process.  Once their training is completed, they are generally solo, nomadic wanders that roam to every corner of the Rift and back again, hired by communities to get rid of particular monsters, taking contracts wherever they can find, but they certainly don't work for free. They are not honorable, duty bound knights, after all.  They are generally regarded and treated as strange, social outcasts. That is not always the case, some rangers are able to integrate normally into living communities. Others choose a life alone on the Path, like Raistlyn. There are several different Orders.  Most rangers return to their home Keep in the freezing months, waiting out the cold and training with each other and new potentials.

So currently, Raistlyn is trying to locate any members of his Order, and any other Riftians he knew before he crossed into Helovia a few years ago. :)
Moä Te
Currently championing:
-violently throws moa into this-

Moa is needing everything! She loves loves loves talking to people and asking questions and needs support from fellow natives during all of this chaos. And she needs some who she knew before that she can go to so she can vent and talk out herself.
Raistlyn
Currently championing:
(07-21-2017, 03:47 AM)Moä Te Wrote: -violently throws moa into this-

Moa is needing everything! She loves loves loves talking to people and asking questions and needs support from fellow natives during all of this chaos. And she needs some who she knew before that she can go to so she can vent and talk out herself.

Ah I love Moa!!! I was trying to find your plot thread to see if we could come up with something, so I'm glad you found mine!

Hmmm, perhaps they travelled a little together in the past? Like they came across each other and happened to headed the same direction and she sort of appointed herself as his travel companion, chattering away the whole while?  Or maybe he helped her escape from a monster?  Or both? I think she would have been pretty young, maybe just a wee little baby? He has been in Helovia for the past two years, so it would have been two years ago if they met in the past

these scars long have yearned for your tender caress
to bind our fortunes, damn what the stars own.
Moä Te
Currently championing:
@Raistlyn YES!! he saved her from the big bad monster when she was just a baby (like the monster ate her mommy) and she followed him around until he went to Helovia. She gets super sad and depressed until they found each other when the portal opened back up. I know she is going to demand answers and be all emotional because that is just who she is. Also i can see her acting all grown up around him. She did turn into a flirty girl and she is really trying to put it out there that she can finally be a part of everything instead of sitting on the sidelines.
Raistlyn
Currently championing:
(07-21-2017, 04:19 AM)Moä Te Wrote: @Raistlyn YES!! he saved her from the big bad monster when she was just a baby (like the monster ate her mommy) and she followed him around until he went to Helovia.  She gets super sad and depressed until they found each other when the portal opened back up.  I know she is going to demand answers and be all emotional because that is just who she is.  Also i can see her acting all grown up around him.  She did turn into a flirty girl and she is really trying to put it out there that she can finally be a part of everything instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Oh man so of course he feels, like responsible and guilty at the same time because maybe he had to decide between saving the baby or the mom, and he saved the baby, and now the little baby won't leave him alone, and its not like he can just shoo her away.  So of course he's all gruff and curt with her, but develops a bit of a soft spot and looks out for her while trying not to get them both killed because the wild is not exactly a conducive environment to raise a glowing baby. maybe he taught her a few fighting tricks or some self defense. and then all the while he's stuck in helovia he's convinced she's wound up dead, but hoping he taught her enough to at least survive? i like it :) @Moä Te

Moä Te
Currently championing:
all the while she grew up to be a sassy chick with boundary issues lol. she can realize that he is back in the riftian native thread and kind of freak out. i know that she is going to get into it with Bates about her being soft. she is going to have a slight crazy moment.
Raistlyn
Currently championing:
Ok that sounds good to me! Don't worry Raistlyn has her back :D

Moä Te
Currently championing:
and thats what is gonna make her spaz out. cant wait!