This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
cageless youth
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Gwyn
Currently championing:

GWYN
uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
oh, I, I got stamina

She had learned her lesson about wandering off… at least for a little while.

Her parents weren’t far, and she could still hear their voices when they spoke, and could even look back, and see them, if she chose.  However, her eyes were on the forest, today being the first day since they’d arrived that the rain was no so dense that the foliage couldn’t stop it.  Though, occasionally, droplets broke through, the visibility was the highest it had ever been, and the inquisitive filly was making the most of it.

Most of the plants were ferns or wide brimmed shrubs, which bordered massive trees with tangled roots.  What Gwyn wanted to see, though, was wildlife – and there was simply none to be seen, other than the distant glowing gazes, which blinked out when she dashed or slowly crept towards them, and the moving lights.  It was quickly becoming boring, this quest for nothing, and so, a game began to evolve, as often happens in the minds of children.

Ducking through brush stealthily, she spies Duir not far off, lingering under the boughs of a young tree, and his eyes are closed, suggesting he is asleep.  A smile slips across her lips as she prowls and stalks, her head lowering, her shoulders bundling…

Slipping through the forest as quiet as she can, she creeps forward, and reaches out to tap the deer on the rump.  Suddenly, the buck turns around, however, and just before her muzzle touches him, his eyes are there, drawing a shrill shout of surprise from the filly.  A smug smile appears on Duir’s face as he moves after her, as Gwyn now finds herself rather ensnared in the grasp of a grabby, vine laden plant.

Got me!” she says, attempting to tug her legs free of the  vines, which became quickly wrapped about her small legs in her fleeting fright; she gets one leg free with a great amount of struggle, and giggles softly as Duir’s lips tickle her hind leg, as he attempts to help her get the vines loose, “these things got me, too.” 

Image by Jody Roberts@Flickr

@Glaciaou wanna come too?! :D
 @Bathsheba
I'm just wild
so sit the f#@k down

please tag gwyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only
Bathsheba
Currently championing:
I step over and through a particularly large wall of shrubbery. Sharp, angry burrs grasp at my skin as serrated blue-green leaves whisper softly. The plant life of the place was, frankly, out of this world. Or would that make it ‘in’ this world? A part of it? So the plant life was out of the Helovian world, and unlike anything I have ever seen. A calm - finally - has settled over my spirit and mind as the rebellious, terrified part of my brain began to understand that whatever this is, it is permanent. It is not going away. We are not going back through the portal.

Did Helovia even exist anymore? What happened to the rolling hills and snow-capped mountains? The warm, frothing oceans that always had something worthwhile to say. ‘Where is Syrena?’ The thought hits me so fast that I am stuck mid-step, limb trembling as emotion flooded through my system in waves. Syrena, my dear, dear adoptive mother. The one who might very well have saved my life after Sialia abandoned me to the elements. Syrena… my mind whispered, a beloved song on my tongue, a calming mantra for my soul. I hope that wherever she might be, that she is safe… and wellalive.

Upon leaving the Portal Forest I ran and ran and ran until reaching a beach of white sand and a raging sea. It was on that beach that I encountered the first sign of life aside from Maude. Thranduil and his brave boy, Galahad. Admittedly not my best moment, but at the time I was so scared, just as a part of me - if I am being honest - still is. A day, mayhap two at best if the sun cycles here were anything like on Helovia, have passed since Thranduil and I took up arms against the largest monster I have ever seen. I can still see that split maw in my minds eye, a tongue like flickering flame as it struck out in rapid attempts at getting past us to Galahad. It made no sense that something, anything! Would risk its life in the face of two adults just to get to a child. In fact, it acted almost as though Thranduil and I were not even there, just pesky flies that refused to move.

A sound, soft like the barest of whispers caresses my ears, and I stop once more. That is… a voice? Another voice, another- another equine? Be they friend or foe? My heart kicks once, twice against my ribs before I pull it under control. “These things got me too!” the voice said, small, unassuming, but very much full of play. My ears tip forward as curiosity wets my lips with small flicks of my tongue. A few more paces bring me to a copse of trees, nestled almost comfortably in a small, but not quite, grove. There at the center was a young filly and- a deer? A companion? I have not seen any creatures quite like it here, at least not until now. I think that it must be a companion, and a companion meant Helovia.

Young lady, are you and your friend in need of assistance?” I say gently, tempering my voice so that she might not assume I was an enemy. Perhaps this could have been useful against Thranduil at the time.

"Talk."

@Gwynnd @Glacia (ooc - in case you want in on it ness ;D sorry for the delay, this was a busy last few days!)
all that glitters
is not gold

image | coding
Gwyn
Currently championing:

GWYN
oh, I, I got stamina

A stranger appears through the trees, and Gwyn halts her laughter to look up at her with curious wariness. Aware she can’t exactly run, all tangled up in a shrub, she is quite prepared to start screaming to alert the nearby adults, if she needs to. Something about this woman, though, is familiar, as if the girl has met her before, or should know her, somehow. Sure she would remember a sapphire strewn lady, however, and finding that she does not, the filly is left perplexed, and quietly whispers to Duir alongside her (attempting to make the movement of her lips unseen, quite badly), not removing her eyes from the gem encrusted person:

Who’s that?” inquires the babe, wondering if the royal cerndyr had seen her before. He knew lots of people she didn’t, after all. His glance up to her from where he’s all more studiously trying to free her reveals nothing but his absolutely predictable wariness of the unknown mare; mostly because he doesn’t know who the stranger is, but also because he is incapable of communicating.

Whoever it is, she offers Gwyn and Duir help, which is a good enough indicator of this woman’s goodness for the naïve girl. Her guarded expression warms, and a smile blooms across her lips.

I have got stuck in this viney bush thing,” she admits, lifting one hind leg in a display of how very ensnared she is, the entire shrub shuddering from that one small gesture. Though Duir has almost freed her other leg, all she’s seemed to manage to do in her attempts to get the plants to let her go is ensnare them more. “You wanna help get me loose? It’s taking us forever, mostly cause I suck at it.

Her self admonishment is followed by an amused giggle, the sort that hints she's not all that bothered that she's no good at it, after all.

I'm just wild
so sit the f#@k down

Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Glacia

It was a surprisingly clear day. You could still hear the dripping of water from the foliage, but you could easily see where everything was. It wasn't a constant down pour. Just an annoying drizzle, where big droplets fell from the trees occasionally. Selene sat on my rump as I moved through the brush. I was following the direction I had seen Gwyn go earlier. It hadn't been an exceptionally long time since I had seen my child, but I moved to find her anyway. She might be comfortable with this eery light, but I was not, and I didn't want my child in it. My greatest fear was losing her to the eyes that watched constantly but left as you got close. This was a new land. Back home, we had wolves to worry about, but with the neon lighting I didn't know what to expect. My ears caught the voices within moments, and I picked up my pace to emerge on an interesting scene. I found Gwyn and Duir first, My eyes showing light disapproval, before they land on the young mare. I move to stand between my daughter and her fathers companion. She was too young, and she trusted too easily. Just like I did when I was young. However, the mares voice hadn't shown anything malicious, so I didn't tense completely, I just watched her carefully. "What is your name?" I ask the mare. I want to untangle Gwyn, but I needed to make sure that the mare wouldn't attack me at random. And that might require come small talk first. My ear flips back at Gwyn. "How is your leg? Does it hurt? Does it need my attention immediately?" If it did, I was honestly not sure of what I should do exactly. If we where in the basin it would be an easy fix. I knew the herbs there. These herbs? They would require some dedication ad experimenting. But I could maybe wrap it with something. 

"Talk."

image | bckg

@Bathsheba
Sorry this is horrible. My muse shot down to like nothing, and I think its bc of
Bathsheba
Currently championing:
The child was clearly stuck. The deer-like creature at her side appeared divided between helping her escape and keeping a watchful eye on myself. A single ear tipped back, listening, heart pounding in my chest. Nothing. No awkward sounds, no deceptive whispers of shadows. The Rift, or whatever it preferred to be called, was eerily silent, which I decided was almost as bad as its general veneer. Blue eyes tracked the progress of the vine, which was in fact several clusters of vines. It traveled nearly half-way up the child’s hind leg, a strange development for a plant. To my knowledge they were mostly sedimentary. This one, however, seemed to have a mind of its own. Had I not caught the slight tightening of green stem, I would not have believed it.

They were alive.

It was crawling up the girl’s legs.

It was trapping her.

(Will it eat her?) Asterisk butts in, rather unhelpfully. I grimace briefly before smoothing it over with a careful smile. Banishing the possibility to the back of my mind, I step forward once, nose extended in a sign of calculated peace. I meant her no harm.

If you would, allow me-” And I am stepping back, even as the words leave my mouth, a mare comes bustling through the underbrush. Her expression is wary (and rightly so), she immediately places herself in a defensive position, and my tail swipes the moist weeds in a short fit of anxiety. I am no threat to the child, obviously. It is not until some of her initial distrust winds down that I find reason to answer any questions. “I am Bathsheba. I found this - your - daughter here stuck in the vines. They seem to have a mind of their own. I was going to help, if you would like.

"Talk."

@Gwynnd @Glacia (ooc - ugh I'm so sorry /late)
all that glitters
is not gold

image | coding
Gwyn
Currently championing:

GWYN
oh, I, I got stamina

Gwyn is quiet and still while the mares and Duir help untangle her from the vines, moving her eyes from each of their faces with a soft, appreciative smile, when she isn’t looking around her at the weird jungle.

Something about the two mares is very familiar to the other, she decides. Tilting her head slightly and looking that much harder, the filly decides that she must just be seeing things, or seeing things badly, due to the dark. Besides, her mother is asking her a question, and she looks at her worried dam with a smile.

It’s okay, I think,” she answers, pulling up on it for proof. With most of the vines having been worked away, its relatively easy, compared to how it was before Bathsheba and her mom arrived.

It’s awfully boring standing in one place for long, though, and no sooner is Gwyn free of the temporary prison than she finds herself so full of stock piled energy that she cannot stay here. Bobbing her head to the strange mare, and nuzzling her dam, the filly darts off into the woods, Duir hurrying worriedly after her, and her childish voice floats through the air over the crash of her body through the brush.

Thanks!” trails after her, before she is again gone to play.

I'm just wild
so sit the f#@k down