This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
here lies the abyss
RP Wanted The Portal 
Vezér
Currently championing: Vjanta
The girl had watched others die, of course this was not the first tie that she had seen death. Her father had slain her mother when she thought she had killed Vezér in cold blood. It's wasn't the way they had died that had bothered her but the reason why they had been snuffed out. Anger surged through her pelt as she spun through the abyss. There was no fear when she landed with a huff, only rage and a short temper. She knew her father and siblings would join her and that was all that mattered. Volterra would need her support, along with everyone else's. She had watched her father's love give her life to try and save everyone else. Silver speckled eyes flashed with unbridled rage as she paced waiting for everyone else.

As soon as her father arrived she strode to him and attempted to press herself against his chest. She watched his dragonfly away and a howl of rage ripped from her lips. "How dare that evil bastard take so much!" She snapped her eyes to her Apa her lips pulled back and eyes blazing. "Fuck Kaos! Do you hear me?! FUCK YOU!" She turned and paced her sides quivering with her absolute anger wrath. He would pay for what he had done to her Apa. One day she would feel his skull under her hooves and his blood in her mouth.

She hardly even heard Astarot as he spoke of the tragedies. The young girl would not grieve for those lost, she would live for them. She would grow strong and become a warrior princess. Even though her father had lost his official crown, he was still the king of this ragtag family. He would lead them all to glory and she would be at his side ready to defend the weakest of her siblings. She stopped pacing and glared around at those gathered her eyes finding her older brother, Tyrath. She marched up to him and glanced at the unknown brother beside him. "We need to avenge those that have been lost, including Vérzés. I need everyone's help to do this though." She turned her sharp eyes to both stallions now her voice dripping like venom, "Are you both with me?" Her eyes narrowed slightly as she gazed at the black man, before turning back to the brother she trusted the most.

-----------
Talk
Words;; 398

"Small chromium chain earring with a fire opal"
"Small chromium chain bracelet with fire opals"
"Obsidian tribal horse skull necklace with rubies as eyes"
" "Méreg"; A small, twisted, chromium dagger blade with dragon's head and fire opals on hilt"
"A small dragon skull totem in her mane"
"White tiger hide dagger sheath"
"An earring that spans up the side of ear in red and silver"

Magics:
{Safe} :: [ Magic: Fire | Can summon lava-spiders that burn on contact. ]
:: [ Restrictions | three small(size of a cat) or one large(medium sized dog). ]
{*]:: [ Magic: Earth (P) | Small spiders seem to crawl over her web markings, growing larger with heightened emotions ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle ]\n\nEnchanted items\n{*}None\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}(None\n\nAmulets : (provide number)\n1\n\nCompanion/s : \n[*} - None

Species change (if applicable) : None

Requests: None

vezér&volterra
‎"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes.... chaos. We're agents of chaos...”

image | coding
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
This truly is a feast, a banquet for a starving world. So much life, so much magic; the shadows fluoresce with excitement as they converge around the growing number of creatures. They lick their pointed teeth; their glowing eyes snap in and out of focus amid thick undergrowth.

There is nothing but take, take, take in this land. Just as these godkillers had taken. Nothing but devouring, just as other worlds had devoured its heart.

Oh, how lovely a heart would be—a pulsing beating, plunging spray as teeth sink in…
the Rift

[ TRANSFER NOTES: ASTAROT ]

Magic:
Transformation: Can transform into a blue jay.
Offensive: Bled blood turns into dragons.

Amulets:
The drop of foreign god's blood slips easily-too easily- into the shadow's waiting jaws, and is gone.

Companions:
Zafír: Dragon
Obtained: 8th February 2017
Birth Date: Early Scorch, 1173

[ TRANSFER NOTES: VEZER ]

Magic:
Offensive: Can summon lava-spiders.
Defensive: Can summon spiders to crawl along web-markings; when summoned spiders viciously bite Vezér.

Amulets:
The starving shadows seem to snarl in excitement, a single dark vine particularly excited at the droplet of godsblood you hold. The tendril grows spiked and tangles around your face- tighter, tighter, tighter until the pain nearly splits your skull. And then it is gone; but these wicked shades leave you with many, many spider-like eyes across your brow.
Victorina
Currently championing: None
V
I
C
T
O
R
I
N
A

I tumble through the portal, along with the rest of my family. I didn't know they were all family at the time, until we arrived. My emerald eyes look around, some marked with skullfaces, others speaking in our family language. I look around, and with a sigh I try to accept that the days in the sun and sand are long behind us. I see Papa's red dragon fly off, but my mind is still so numb from everything we saw back in Helovia that nothing seems to register. I can hear others talking, but I can not or maybe will not focus on what they are saying.

It's not until the girl with spider web markings speaks that I really pay attention... My emerald green eyes go wide in absolute horror as I watch a tendril grab her face. I scream, or at least I think I do in both shock and fear. My shell armor, I can feel it still draped across my back. But before I can move the tendril is gone.... But where it had been.... Eyes.... Tons and tons of spider looking eyes! WHAT IN THE FUCKIN HELL IS THIS PLACE! I scream in shock. Yep, first cuss word too. Not to mention I spoke in helovian and not Papa's language, something I rarely do anymore around family.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Family <3

{link to SWP participation}

Magics:
{*] None\n\nEnchanted items\n{*} :: [ Item: Shell Armor | Defensive. A shell necklace which multiplies into chain mail of shells. ]\n:: [ Restrictions | Shells can be broken with extreme heat. ]\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*} none\n\nAmulets : (3)\n:: [ Earth Amulet ] :: [ Spark Amulet ] :: [ Sun Amulet ] \n- Sun amulet contains magic from Vitani\n:: [ Magic: WaterxWind | Able to create a small hurricane ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Limited to a radius of 10m ]\n\nItems:\n{*}:: [ Item: 3 active magic mutation | Genetic Mutation. ]\n{*}:: [ Item: Jewelry | Silver chain with gems. ]\n{*}:: [ Item: Shards of a horn | Has shards of a black horn once belonging to Krieger. ]\n\nCompanion/s : \n[*} none

Species change (if applicable) : none

Requests: nothing to crazy, and no spiders! <3
Sabre
Currently championing:
“Damn that stupid damn monster, dammit!”

The string of eloquent profanities leaks freely and oh-so-delicately from my lips, followed by many others under my breath, some more incoherent mumblings of frustration rather than actual words. Like all the others, I land in a graceless heap on the foreign ground, tossed from the sky like a ragdoll with my legs flailing every which way, and more than a little disoriented by this new world that I find myself in. Twisting my lips as something between a groan and growl hisses from between my teeth, I shove myself back to my feet.

I shake my head, blinking away the tangled curls that have fallen in front of my eyes, before I try to take in exactly what I’m up against here. It doesn’t seem quite...real. The colors aren’t natural—all of the plants are more of a shadowy purple and blue mess, rather than the natural greens and browns of everywhere else in the universe—and I get the distinct feeling that we’re all being watched. Like the forest itself is somehow alive.

I suppress a shudder, uncomfortable with the prickling that runs up and down my spine, and instead shrug my muscled shoulders with a gruff exhale of breath. I’m not scared, I tell myself stubbornly, and narrow my eyes (in case they get any weird ideas of popping wide at any of these strange happenings). Soon I feel Cutlass climbing up one of my legs and clambering onto the curve of my haunches, her forked tongue flicking out with a disgruntled hiss. I turn my head and eye her sideways, low-key checking to make sure she’s not injured. Satisfied that the two of us are fine (at least as fine as anyone can be in a time like this), I broaden my attention to the crowd around me.

And then I see him.
It’s him!

“KID!” I practically screech his name, an inelegant call that no proper lady could possibly muster, and I throw my head with a toss of excitement before I charge forward. I may or may not have knocked over a wee foal or two in my eagerness, but I don’t even care—it’s him! I haven’t seen him in so long (too long) and no one is going to get in the way of this reunion.

There are two people already close to him—a huge dragon (what the hell?) and a spider-webbed filly I’ve never seen (because I’d remember markings like that)—but it’s like they’re not even there. Literally. I shove them aside, forgetting to slow down before I reach that beloved bastard of mine, and ram into his chest with something of a rough embrace. “Brother! It’s you! I found you!” I babble things that I’ll definitely be embarrassed of later, pressing into his neck and messing up his hair, breathing him in. Screw everyone else.

tag; @Kid
“Speech.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{SWP participation}

Magics:
{*](SAFE) Earth (U) | The ability to cause thorny vines to grow from the ground that move at her will and contain a mildly painful toxin.\n\nEnchanted items\n{*}None!\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}3 Kaos amulets.\n\nAmulets : 3\n\nCompanion/s : \n[*}Cutlass [ Gold Dragon | Mythical, royal | Fire Breath | 0 months ] hatched yesterday (07/12/2017).

Requests: Bringing over her items:
:: [ Item: Wolf Pelt Cloak | Defensive. Black wolf pelt held with leather straps across chest. ]
:: [ Item: Dragon Blowgun | Offensive. A small, metal blow dart gun carved like a dragon. ]
:: [ Item: Militaristic Saber (‘Ballbuster’) | Offensive. Curved, double-edged sword; blade is dyed blood red, hilt is made of white bone and wrapped with black leather for grip. ]

Sabre
I’m only a crack in this castle of glass
Hardly anything else I need to be

please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.
Varuna
Currently championing:

You try to make your legs work but they won't listen.

Your body lays splayed in weird angles in the dirt; this limb that way, this one the other way; two over-large wings limp at your sides. You look like an insect that's been swatted from the sky by a giant.

Your head swims with the sounds of bedraggled peoples wailing and scrambling about like mad; reticence lost in a whirlwind of terror and darkness. Their voices rise together into a deafening uproar, like a crescendo of hysteria that leaves the infant boy—you, dumped right out of the sky into the middle of the whole charade—reeling.

You can't make sense of it. Your un-molded mind can't possibly grasp what has happened to you. Pinprick nostrils tremble with short bursts of air, one after the other like beads on a rosary. Your prayers will go unanswered: the gods you were born to are dead. Of course, you care not for the likes of "gods" (or the others mortals, for that matter). You only care about mother.

One moment there was thick black smoke chasing you to the corner of the world, mother nudging you faster on your too-long legs, fragile as matchsticks as they grappled over the treacherous ground. Then...

Panic, the heavy boom- bOOM- BOOM- of your heart in your ears, a heavy drumbeat drowning out the rest of the world as the sky began to crumble. She was there, and then, she wasn't. Where did she go? Your chimera eyes seem to be swimming in water, flitting around in a frantic stupor, seeing everything, and nothing.

Black lips clutch a black feather, bent and wet with saliva. It is mostly crumpled, but it smells of mother, and it trembles between your milk-teeth as frail as a leaf. Arcs of white light flicker in and out of your mouth, harmless. It is as if wild Azulee is with you.

But she isn't—your mother is gone, and the feather she gave you is the only pacifier you will ever know.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

/ooc. Varuna is laying in the midst of the hoopla, disoriented and overwhelmed and off to the side of where all the vol kids are gathering. He's chewing on a wakiya feather Azulee gave him, which is mostly ruined now. Currently unknown what happened to Azulee.

Magics:
Ability to desiccate organic matter by pulling water to surface.

Enchanted items: nada

Regular Items:
Wakiya feather that sparks harmlessly, taken from Azulee
Primary feather from Azulee's wing; tied into his mane, sparks harmlessly

Rift-god / Kaos items: none

Amulets: 0

Companion/s: none

Species change (if applicable): n/a
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
It is potent. It is ripe. It is so available, and had they had jaws more tangible, they would've been slavering—drooling and snapping and gum-deep in rich, red flesh. It is a family of power. They have been scattered, never quite broken, for the same unbending blood runs in all their veins.

And that blood, it smells sickly sweet. The shadows deepen. The purple haze smells different. Things more sinister, things more physical, are getting drawn in by the stench of power.
the Rift

[ TRANSFER NOTES: VICTORINA ]

Items:
Defensive: A chain mail of shells. It can collapse into a necklace.

Amulets:
A small wind whips itself into a frenzy; it rips the amulets from their chains, and send them spinning in the wicked whirlwind. The violent breeze pulls them ever upward, where they coalesce for a moment: a bright, slightly green ball. It's sparking and sparkling, before exploding in a bright flash.

Genetic mutation has no effect in the Rift. The other items transfer fine!

[ TRANSFER NOTES: SABRE ]

Magic:
Offensive: Can grow thorny vines, and direct their growth. The thorns contain a mildly painful toxin.

Amulets:
The crystal case of the amulets blow; black drops of Kaos's blood crawl together, and join. It drips down one of your legs, before solidifying into an onyx bracelet. Something gives you the feeling, this isn't the last thing it's done.

Companion:
Cutlass: Dragon
Obtained: July 12 2017
Birth Date: Mid-Drench 1173

[ TRANSFER NOTES: VARUNA ]

Magic:
Offensive: Ability to desiccate organic matter by pulling water to surface.

Normal items transfer over fine!
Valdís
Currently championing:
tie a rope around your neck,
and let me kick you off a bungee
So I scream, I scream and I thrash as apa pushes me towards the portal, ushering a mass of warm reds and orange figures tinged with yellows and even some blue, towards the supposed portal. I screamed at him, I let my throat run dry and scratchy and still my words left my lips with venom, with malice as I struggled through the crowd. "Engedj el!" It's white hot, searing against my cheeks and burning holes in my tongue as I squirm against too many other bodes, over too much skin pressed against mine, uncomfortable and dying. I am clinging to Helovia, begging to remain with her, with anyone that wasn't this overwhelming mass of shared blood, this sea of the Indomitable's children that drowns me and my shouts out. "Baszd meg, mindannyian!" Teeth snap, reaching through the air as scarred brows twitch and sting, furrowed more than they have ever been before.

I am an overflow of emotion, a mess of chaotic and forsaken love, of surging anxiety and pain I cannot bear - I had to tell her that I was sorry, I had to forgive her, I had so much to do with her, for her - and I couldn't, not when the portal threatened collapse and my body squirmed and I bubbled with rage. I hated Kaos, I hated her, I hated myself, I hated this whole fucking family because they dragged me with them and I hated them. I wanted to be let go, to be allowed to perish with the rest of Helovia, terrified of understanding and learning a whole new land, contained in a blip in time, threatening and dangerous, false safety. "Kérlek, nem hagyhatom el!" I lash out, I screech, a war cry echoing through the damp forest as my body trembles and I feel the gentle hands of fatigue embrace me - but I fight, I'm barreling through my brethren because they do not matter, I am forcing my way from my place at apa's side, running back to the source of where we had come. It's gone. The portal is gone, and I'm meeting empty space, swallowed up by time and it's gone, it's gone and we're trapped here and -

I collapse, leaning against a rough, cool tree and I feel my lungs falling in, pain piercing my sides as I take sharp breaths, pressure building in my chest as my knees tremble and everything falls apart. I can't tell whether it's rage or guilt or grief that curses me so, that turns me into some fuming, sobbing disaster before this over-sized family of Volterra's. I feel hopeless, I feel lost, and despite being surrounded by family, I feel alone, as though the world is entirely empty except for me, weeping and motherless. I am a child again, filled with fears that expand beyond my sight, that well in my heart and pool in my gut, that twist my insides into knots and picks apart my thoughts. "Nem lehetek itt, vissza kell mennünk." And amidst my words, I can hear screaming too, but they are not my banshee wails, released out of despair, out of the loss of a parent who was never close but was still a piece of me - I can hear the words slip out, can hear one of the children's words ring out against the world, rage against the god that had forsaken us, who had brought Helovia to its knees and wiped it clean.

And the rage is eating me away, too, stinking up the air around me the same way that the crown adorns my head does, rots my insides and turns me foul - because fuck her, fuck whoever screams at Kaos, who foolishly shouts and threatens this god, who acts like she can beat him. I can hear her speaking to others, as if trying to recruit them to her stupid cause, because she hadn't learned that mortals stood no chance against Kaos, against this false god who had been growing beneath our noses, who had gained power and recognition and they had destroyed everything. Momma did not die by his hand, but I raged against him still because his looming destruction forced her into a corner, left her tangled in Helovia's roots and buried within it's heart, because she could not leave it. So I'm spitting, I'm reaching out and I can feel it, the spread of malicious magic as it reaches out and brushes against organic matter, as it snuffs out the flesh that clings to bone, as it feeds on it and I can feel my heart racing, because this is new. And I'm angry, I'm sobbing and I hate it here, with all the siblings who mock me with their perfection, with their strong bodies and heated reptiles at their sides. I'm turning, I'm furious, burning away through the air and closing in on the defiant filly. It feels foreign, speaking a language that is not apa's tongue, or Zekì or Kye's, but the universal language known by most. It felt bitter and heavy on my tongue, leaving a bad taste in my mouth. "Te bolond, you are stupid to think that you have a chance against Kaos - did you not witness what he was capable of? Could you not see what fate waited for those who opposed him? You are a child, egy hülye baba, to think you, or any of us, can stop him."

My knees are weak, my head is spinning and my words are raspy, rough as they slide from my lips and I can feel my face relaxing, can feel the aftermath of my trauma, slipping into a comatose state as my body remains but my mind goes free. I am burning against momma's touch, scar aching with the last shreds of maternal affection as I stood before an audience of Volterra's children, from the youngest to the oldest, each one filling be with sick disgust. I didn't want to be here any longer, didn't want to stand before their judgmental eyes, feasting on the sight of my shaking, mutilated body, wondering silently what had caused such hideous damage. "Csúnya,""hässlich,""brutta." Each syllable dragged out in my mind, and I turned sharply on my heals, inhaling sharply to give one final goodbye to apa. "Nem akarok maradni, meg kell látnom, mi ez a hely. Viszlát, apa."

Baszd meg, mindannyian!, fuck you, fuck all of you
Kérlek, nem hagyhatom el, please, i can't leave you (her)

SWP Participation

Magics:
- {SAFE} :: [ Magic: Dark | Flesh rots in her presence, causing severe pain, minor muscle atrophy and blistering. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Has a radius of 10m, severity depends on length of exposure. ]
- :: [ Magic: Light (P) | Can sense surrounding thermal signatures with her skin. ] (mess with this one, idc)
:: [ Restrictions | Extends radius of 30m. ]

Enchanted items
- {SAFE} :: [ Item: Funeral Veil | A withered flower crown with bone thorns and a black veil that makes the wearer smell of rotting flesh. ]

Rift-god / Kaos items
- n/a

Amulets : 0

Companion/s :
- n/a

Species change (if applicable) : n/a

Requests: taking her normal items:
:: [ Item: Trinket | Half of a rib from Alvilda's corpse. ]
:: [ Item: Trinket | A long, red braid woven around a piece of glass horn. ]
:: [ Item: Trinket | A cracked glass heart filled with iridescent liquid. ]
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
More.

More.

MORE.

This glutton knows no end.
the Rift

[ TRANSFER NOTES: VALDÍS ]

Magic:
Offensive: Ability to cause live flesh to rot in her presence.
The Rift consumes your thermal magic greedily.

Items:
Vanity: A withered flower crown with bone thorns and a black veil that makes the wearer smell of rotting flesh.
Otem the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

there are no markings on her country roads
no signs that show the way back home

They keep coming, and coming, and coming.

Children marked with a skull or Volterra's tell-tale red eyes. They are everywhere, and if not for the reassuring presence of her twin ambling towards her, Otem might have screamed or silently imploded.

"Vul-"  She begins, but as he comes near, her eyes widen and her nostrils flare. She stares at his shoulders and chest incredibly, looking at the places where lava often seeps through when his routine is broken, or when there are too many others around. Unlike the normal bodily heat that normally rolls off the larger of the two twins, now Otem feels real heat. "Vul...you're.." Otem steps forward. Her wing stretches from her side, held just above one of his shoulders like a hand over a flame. Otem considers for a moment, as if waiting for the sensory input her feathers are receiving to reach her brain and be understood. This takes longer than it should, but perhaps that is because she doesn't really believe what it is her body is telling her.

"You're.." She trails off. The filly is vaguely aware that this is likely to annoy her twin who rarely had time for drawn out expressions of surprise, but she can't seem to help it. It can't be.. "Vulkán. You're hot." She says after a moment, forcing the conclusion from her lips and raising her gaze to see how her words  have affected her twin.

Image credits

@Vulkán

You may always use magic/force on/against Otem.