This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » Guidebook

» Quote of the Month » Kiada
Smitty
Quote of the Month

» Current »
"And she remembered the conversation between Erebos and her when they first met, when they were young and reckless and both heirs with no crowns to inherit."
-- Kiada in » the calm before the storm

» Nominated
"I thought for sure your name would be Dozer. What with the way you plowed through those bushes. What, they insult your pride or someth'n, or were you look'n to make an entrance?"
-- Hertz in You can't knock me down

"Numb, frothy jaws release the sour branch; it plops unceremoniously to the mud. Lifeless… dead (as it should be), torn savagely from the trunk of our latest devil. I look up… wide, damp sockets absorbing the sight of death. There should've been some fragment of satisfaction; of cool water being poured over the flaming hearth, soothing the fury which raged within.

But there wasn’t any relief."
-- Eleos in Reconciliation and wrangling trees

"Gazing upon the mother and her child, he too found himself unwilling to take their lives. They were innocent, gentle creatures that sought only to live. But this was not his choice. "Perhaps we should move on?" He inquired. He would not press her to leave. Though the way he held himself, as if in reverence of the mother, made it clear that he wished to leave them be. This was, ultimately Aurelia's trial. Her path to choose. But as a mother herself, would she be able to slay the parent or the offspring? Was she truly as merciless as the fire she embodied? "
-- Ruwin in Feathers

"His features are soft when he shakes his head. Gently. No, he thinks. No. There is no need for apology. He wishes only that he could explain — put words to everything inside of him. Or even just tell her, I was better company when I was more myself. But he cannot; he can only shake his head, step forward carefully. Gauge her reaction."
-- Seiji in such expensive mistakes

"Vroskar had never been so cold. It was as if all the life had fled from his body. He imagined this must be what it was like to wake up after dying. Had he died? Was this some sort of purgatory, and he was doomed to walk in the rift between worlds—being haggled by stallions who thought they were mares?"
-- Vroskar in Fever Dreaming

» See Previous Winners
JULY 2017BABY IONA ““THIS ISN’T FUCKING FUNNY. YOU ALL GET MAKEOVERS AND I GET THIS? WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS?” Iona protested with a stamp of a tiny hoof, her voice coming out in an angry squeak.” in Out of the Frying Pan

AUGUST 2017VOLTERRA  “Inside his mind he pictures Ampere, and despite his concerns about drowning, despite his exhaustion and burning muscles and stinging eyes and utter fatigue, he smiles. Worry not, Sultana, your boy is in safe hands. With every ounce of strength he possesses and the defiant, indomitable will that gives him his name, Volterra tries to guide Iskra back to the shore, supporting the colt with his body if he is allowed to do so.” in Visions from a Past World.

SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2017 — Site Freeze. No OTMs were held.

NOVEMBER 2017KIADA “I challenged Kisamoa. I told him how he’d wronged me and hurt me incredibly bad. And he gifted me a trinket with magic. It wasn’t a lot, but there was a feeling with it that almost felt like a warm embrace. And I realized that perhaps despite everything he’d done, perhaps it was in an effort to save what he loved too – this land. It was dying before we came here. Our magic and explorations have revived parts of it. Despite how dark and horrible it can be, I think there might be something more for us in the end.” in a home away

DECEMBER 2017K'YARIE "It was strange. Which made it completely normal within the Rift." in The Tree of Light

JANUARY 2018RIXEN "Where there was once cold darkness, there was now a warm light. It was the light of hope. The soft glow was mesmerizing, a beautiful treasure in this wasteland of a world." in In the Deep

FEBRUARY 2018VYNTER "Should he actually make a connection there would be no force behind it. If anything it would be a simple bump, and his head would rest there as he gasped for air. He would try again, and it would result in yet another futile attempt, because no matter how angry or hurt the boy was he could never try and hurt someone as they did him." in incantations

MARCH 2018SEIJI "Before, when he was younger and unacquainted with loss, he charged recklessly forth. Fear was a stranger; it lagged behind, nipping his heels. And he - so fleet. So arrogant." in {SWP} light it up

APRIL 2018KIADA "And she remembered the conversation between Erebos and her when they first met, when they were young and reckless and both heirs with no crowns to inherit."
in » the calm before the storm

Requirements
  • QOTM celebrates a phrase typed in the last month that you kept re-reading and repeating to yourself!
  • Anyone may nominate any (and as many) quotes as they wish.
  • Nominations close and voting begins the last 3 days of the month.
  • A character may win QOTM an unlimited amount of times.
  • Only OOC accounts may vote.
  • Please use provided code for nominating:
  • Code:
    "Quote"
    <i>-- Character name in <a href="">thread title</a></i>

Prizes
  • +3 RF to character
  • Profile badge
if you don't know where to start,
go back to the beginning.
Boom
Nomination for next month!

"I thought for sure your name would be Dozer. What with the way you plowed through those bushes. What, they insult your pride or someth'n, or were you look'n to make an entrance?"
-- Hertz in You can't knock me down
Nat
I'd like to nominate:

"Numb, frothy jaws release the sour branch; it plops unceremoniously to the mud. Lifeless… dead (as it should be), torn savagely from the trunk of our latest devil. I look up… wide, damp sockets absorbing the sight of death. There should've been some fragment of satisfaction; of cool water being poured over the flaming hearth, soothing the fury which raged within.

But there wasn’t any relief.

-- Eleos in Reconciliation and wrangling trees
Skylark
Congratulations to Kiada!
again, thank you ;-;
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE A WOLF, AND YOU CANNOT BE CAGED.
Nat
"Gazing upon the mother and her child, he too found himself unwilling to take their lives. They were innocent, gentle creatures that sought only to live. But this was not his choice. "Perhaps we should move on?" He inquired. He would not press her to leave. Though the way he held himself, as if in reverence of the mother, made it clear that he wished to leave them be. This was, ultimately Aurelia's trial. Her path to choose. But as a mother herself, would she be able to slay the parent or the offspring? Was she truly as merciless as the fire she embodied? "
-- Ruwin in Feathers

HNNNNNNG <3 <3 <3
Skylark
"His features are soft when he shakes his head. Gently. No, he thinks. No. There is no need for apology. He wishes only that he could explain — put words to everything inside of him. Or even just tell her, I was better company when I was more myself. But he cannot; he can only shake his head, step forward carefully. Gauge her reaction."
-- Seiji in such expensive mistakes

KAEEE MY HEART ;_____;
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE A WOLF, AND YOU CANNOT BE CAGED.
Nat
"Vroskar had never been so cold. It was as if all the life had fled from his body. He imagined this must be what it was like to wake up after dying. Had he died? Was this some sort of purgatory, and he was doomed to walk in the rift between worlds—being haggled by stallions who thought they were mares?"
-- Vroskar in Fever Dreaming