This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Try Not Thinking About Thinking
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Thranduil
Currently championing:
Thranduil

It was raining. Again. Though…actually had it ever stopped? The crowned gold reached back to shift his wolven pelt, the rain water rolling off of it like a slide. The underside rubbed, making him wince as he felt each little scale. His head shook as he turned it back forward, shaking out from it the strange idea. But it wasn’t just an idea. A night’s rest had settled that thought. He had scales… and they ran the line of his spine…They had shown up not long after he’d left the portal, and lord every now and then they itched like hell…then there would be a few more of them. A shiver runs down him to think of that horrible freezing feeling…when he thought he was dying…when he saw Galahad…and Haldir…and remember what he was failing…

Of course, that was yesterday. The gold shook his head again, wet white mane whipping and sticking to his neck. It could be worse….but he’d rather not try to comfort himself that way. They were here. And that was that. At least they were all here. Now came the curious part…exploring. The gold had kept his distance from other Helovia travelers. He’d seen from a distance their mutations, and kept away. His small family he kept together, and now the twins were with Hotaru. She’d barely let them go since they’d arrived…but he’d also not like to think about that either. There were a lot of things not to think about.

Luckily, this place seemed to have the solution. Tall stretching trees reached up like unnatural pillars to hold up the cloud laden sky, and vines wrapped and twisted forming a cathedral like jungle. It was utterly fascinating. Slipping through the shadows and down paths that looked to not have been used in ages, the gold wandered through this new land. Sense alert and alive as he took in the new smells, sounds, and sights. As he stepped along he noticed he still had his silencing magic still clung to him. He found it strange. His soul had felt riddled with holes when he’d travelled through, he wondered how his other magics fared….he wasn’t sure he was ready just yet to find out.

It also could be because of Haldir. One earth eye turns back to see the stag trailing listlessly behind him. Concern washed on the gold’s face. Ever since they had landed in the typhoon land the bond between the stag and gold had been glitchy. They could barely speak to each other, and emotions were vague and far, as if the stag was miles and miles away when he was standing right next to him. What the gold could tell though, was that Haldir felt ill. The whole time they had been her the creature had not eaten. The gold looks forward again, but even he could not deny his concern for the buck.

He shakes his head again, snorting. Another thing to add to the long list of things not to think about…that he couldn’t stop thinking about.

OOC :: Open to any and all! He's just walking through the rain.
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.
Rexanna
Currently championing:
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
She wandered, though was it really wandering when you had a goal in mind? She had made sure her children had made it through the portal, before leaving them with their elder siblings and taking a chance at scouting the world they had found themselves in. But she spotted someone, briefly, as she made her way through the darkness, her shoulders twitching with each ice-cold rain drop. Through she hadn’t noticed her appearance change that much, the black firework markings that typically appeared when her body was soaked, began to move, swirling around varying parts of her body in a frantic exploding type of appearance.

She didn’t even take the time to focus on it. Instead, she felt the weight of the golden chains adorning her body, felt the new-found weight of four gold horseshoes on her dark ashen hooves, as she trailed a familiar figure. At first, she noticed Haldir, the swaying, tired stag, and as she let her icy gaze follow the path the stag was leading, her eyes found Thranduil. But something was off, something was different. Hotaru was nowhere to be found, and sorrow filled her chest at what her friend was going through. And the longer she stared, the more she noticed the differences. Thranduil had scales now? Her eyebrows raised ever so slightly, but she picked up her pace.

Coming at a swift trot, she aimed to let Haldir know her presence, her horseshoes making her steps heavier and louder than they would have been typically, but her gaze remained on the cloaked figure of the Laurelin. “Thranduil! Wait!” She called out, hoping to stop the man in his tracks. “Are you okay? Is everyone okay?” She finally asked, her gaze seeking the gilded face of Thranduil, her eyes worried and piercing, unwilling to let this strange land take anything more from them.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Thranduil

AND HERE YOU ARE, LIVING, DESPITE IT ALL
Thranduil
Currently championing:
Thranduil

He should have heard them. Yet another clue the stag was off his game. Even though he was further ahead, it was the gold who heard them first. Heavy feetfalls, (some large creature maybe) cracked twig and branch. A shiver ran down his spine, they were getting closer. The gold kept his guise of nonattention, but all the while his hand slipped to his hidden weapons. He was just about to spin on them, rain more hell down on them than the actual rain, when he heard the creature’s voice.

It stopped the gold dead in his tracks. “Rexanna.” He sighed, like when you’ve come home. Then, he laughed. It wasn’t much, just a chuckle, but it felt good. It felt natural…and right. It faded out into a sigh, revealing its real source: relief. Somewhere, deep inside his mind, he was glad not all his friends had been left behind. So it was with a genuine smile that he turns around to see her golden form.

But then her saw her. Here. Not in the Edge. Not in the Basin. And he saw her face…warpped and twisted in worry. And it brings the sinking feeling back to the pit of his stomach. His smile fading again. This wasn’t his world… Yet….He wants to go up and….be closer. Greet her. Hug her. Something…but was it a desperate attempt to remember being home….or something else entirely?...

“They’re here.” He responds quickly, hoping the ugly concern would leave her beautiful face. Even if it was for him and his, he did not like to see it. “Hotaru had the twins before….the Fall…” It sounded weird, wrong, unnatural, made-up “…Galahad and Casca are…” How could he phrase it? How could he admit he and Hotaru had brought into this world such fragile creatures? One crippled by magic, the other by his own body? “…unique, but strong.” They had to have been to survive this journey.

Then his mood fractures, head dropping. She was his friend though…he could tell her. She would know he wasn’t just telling her so she could get in on the latest gossip. “But Hotaru lost Ru’in and Romina…” She would know how it hurt him too (literally with the scars on his back, and to see his mate in that state, to still feel her teeth and hear her screams in his dreams), especially as he still could not hide it from his eyes.

Yet the gold, as if realizing he’s given too much, blinks back the emotions. “What about you?” He tries to pick it back up. His head rises slightly, but he also steps closer to her. “And yours…” Kiada and Kianzo…the twins he had some hand in. He wondered how the colt’s potential would fare here.

He waits, letting her talk…but his tasseled tail is still, and body, even in the rain, is completely attentive to her. It still didn’t feel…real? Of course none of this did…but that’s why he didn’t think about it.

OOC ::
"Speech"

Down came the rain
Image credit.

@Rexanna
Rexanna
Currently championing:
rexanna
He breathed her name and it was almost some solace to her ears. It was as if he was real and here, and not just a figment of her imagination. Which she still wasn’t sure if the Rift wasn’t just some sort of nightmare that felt all too real. But as he turned to see her, her eyes wash over his face, the new found scales hidden along his gilded back, and she exhales some sort of sigh of relief that he was okay and here, and not like Ru’in and Romina. But the idea that Hotaru wasn’t with him worried her as well, at least until Thranduil spoke of them.

Her ears perked to listen, and she moved herself a bit closer to him. As he said they were there, his wishes of her concern did manage to fade, and a smile of relief crossed her pale muzzle. “Oh, good.” She hummed to him, reaching out with her muzzle in the hope she might touch his shoulder as a congrats, and partially a way to prove to herself that this was real. “I’m sure they’re beautiful.” She added in with a hint of a smile to Thranduil, happy that the Laurelin managed to become a father after all.

His head lowers then, breaking the news of Romina and Ru’in and a sad frown found her lips as she nodded her head to him. “I know.” Her voice died quietly as she acknowledged her friend and the loss. But just as Thranduil always did, he blinked away the emotions, asking about herself, and her first set of twins. A small frown finds her lips then, oceanic gaze seeking his own earthen ones. “I had another set of twins a few months before the fall. One made it. I don’t know where the girl is yet. Kianzo hasn’t come through to my knowledge yet either; I’m hoping they’re with their father.” A soft sigh passed through her lips as she looked away from him. “I haven’t seen him yet either… I had to push Kiada through the portal. She… watched as Ru’in and Romina… Well, you know.” She stuttered, her eyes snapping back to Thranduil. “She’s destroyed. I think she really loved Ru’in.” She murmured, shaking her head slightly.

But there is good news from this.” She began, her tail flicking anxiously as she spoke. “Do you remember me telling you of Cal? How you saved me from his clutches as I reached Helovia?” She paused, waiting to see if he’d respond before she continued. “He was killed before the Fall. I saw his body myself. He… Actually apologized to me.” She shrugged her shoulders slightly, his dark black “C” marking remained etched in her shoulder. “So no need to worry of him anymore.” A hollow laugh escaped her lips, as if there was anything worth laughing about in this type of situation. “How are you holding up, though?” She questioned him, quiet and attentive, relaxing ever so slightly from being around someone she knew despite the darkness that shrouded them.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
image credits

@Thranduil

Thranduil
Currently championing:
Thranduil

The gilded mare is ever gentle and careful. Her features crossed with concern that even the gold did not need to second guess. It was a weakness, some flaw perhaps, that he gave so easily to her, but its not one to be fixed. As strange as it may be to think of the golden Laurelin trusting someone, it was here. And it was a rare gift for her alone. So when she reaches out the gold does not draw away, nor does his skin even twitch (he was afterall getting much more used to being touched, with Hotaru and the twins). Yet she speaks a congratulations, and for some reason it falls sour on him. He holds up well enough, but inside he feels a bud of something strange. Some old feeling whispering ill meaning slivers of her meaning, knowledge of it, and his own fears.

But as Helovians seem to be good at, they move on. Her news he listens to with care. More twins…with Tembovu, no doubt. He catches his harks as they were about to slide back, keeping them to only a twitch. The Elephant was never entirely fond of him, grateful, but not fond, and the gold could say the feeling was mutual. But he made Rexanna happy didn’t he? After all they’d had more kids. Then came news of Kianzo, and the missing mate. His head tilts, genuinely curious, but he says nothing. He lets her talk. Had he said anything the unnatural attempt at comfort might have come across as insincere, and that wasn’t entirely true. He certainly says nothing of Kiada’s grief for the lost twins. Hotaru could draw it from it, but barely. To all else they were the offspring of Ashamin. Not a downfall he was inclined to grieve about.

As he had nothing nice to say, the gold was glad she changed the subject to something he could talk about. He visibly comes to attention as she speaks of Cal, though his head tilted again to hear her tone. “Of course.” How could he forget the promise he’d made her? The one out of hundreds he made, that he actually wanted to do good on? His was killed. Now the gold head draws back, its eyes shifting to something cold. The had been his job...In a bit more bitter tone that she, he breaks her words. “By who?” It vibrated with tension, though he tried to hold it back. Who had stolen his task from him. Who had let the cretin’s blood run too fast? Let it drip without the whole world seeing his nightmarish fate. An eye for an eye- He apologized? The gold had to bite back his tongue, not an easy task but her, and listen again. She seemed pleased, and at peace with it all. How could she? How- memories are dragged from their depths of caves and shouting of words ever so similar. Yet he holds. Her laugh…He keeps his peace because in the end, one line rang true that could silence him. “I’m glad for you, and to see you make your peace.” No matter his objections, that could silence them.

She lets them move on, but it’s not an easier topic. Harks twist back as she pushes in on him. Not unwelcomed, but unnaturally. He could let her touch his shoulder without a twitch, he could trust her word, but this was something deeper. This was talking about him. Had he ever been asked that on that level before? Even by Hotaru? Of course Rexanna never just accepted his mask as others did. “I-“ He started, but stopped, his earth eyes looking to hers as the gold in them shivered, revealing the turmoil within. The usual easy flowing voice broken by the awkwardness as it pressed his throat. What does he say? I hate being a loyal father, but I love my sons? Hotaru’s tearing me up all over. I feel so weak that I can’t protect them here? I feel lost without my skill, my job. Oh yeah and to top it off, I’m turning into a f’ing lizard (thanks Kaos, great joke). It all caught in his throat. Oh but she was so attentive, she wanted to know. It was Rexanna….The gold rumbled, and he came out with as close to the truth, because she deserved it, as he at this moment could give her. “Ask me another day.” Then he fell silent, his head turning slightly, unnerved by her question, exposed. And his thoughts consumed him into silence, unable even to change the subject.

OOC ::
"Speech"

Down came the rain
Image credit.

@Rexanna
Rexanna
Currently championing:
rexanna
Thranduil was silent as Rexanna spoke, something she found to be comforting in a sense. Speaking with adults instead of children daily, it was easier and there were less questions, less interruptions she had to deal with. The Laurelin didn’t even flinch away like he used to when her muzzle reached his shoulder, his pelt not even twitching with the movement. It was the subtle things she noticed like that, but she did and she was thankful for it.

But as conversations shifted, she noticed his interest in her commentary of Calstron’s death. His voice questioned her, perhaps bitterly. Whatever Thranduil may have thought of not being the one to land the blow on Rexanna, she didn’t blame him for not doing it. Despite all the dark and torturous things Cal had done to her in the past, the naïve part of her still didn’t wish him harm. Perhaps she still loved him somewhat, despite watching him kill the King of her homeland – making her watch the relay of her life, of things she couldn’t consciously remember herself, and even the beatings. And now, with the dark “C” etched into her chest that she’d keep for the rest of her life. And yet, somewhere deep inside she couldn’t blame him.

A small frown crossed her lips as she lifted her head slightly to him. “I’m not entirely sure.” The lie passed through her pale muzzle as easy as any truth. She wasn’t one hundred percent sure it was Erebos that had done it, but she had a good idea that it was. Rexanna wasn’t the one to start gossip, and it was easier to tell a half-truth than to think you’re telling the truth and lie about it.

Yet, Thranduil finished the bit of information she had given him, speaking of her finding her peace – but had she?

Kianzo was missing, Tembovu was missing, and yet the pair still hadn’t even made up officially from the argument they endured seasons ago. Were they cracking as a pair? Despite feeling as though she had a million children to watch, some now motherless but with the same father as her own children, it was somewhat distressing. Would Tembovu even come into the Rift?

Would he even care for her still?

Thranduil breaks her inner turmoil by telling her to ask him another day and she simply nods quietly, a silent agreement. “You can talk to me, you know.” Her voice was low, quiet, eyes seeking out his own earthen ones. “That time we spent in the cave wasn’t a dream.” This was meant to come out as a joke, but the laugh died and instead was replaced by a small half-crooked smile that turned the corner of her lip upward.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
image credits

@Thranduil