This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
probably wouldn't be this way
RP Wanted The Portal 
Dagon
Currently championing: Reszo

This was nothing. It was just another world, another opportunity. Another assignment. Yes, I was tired of the assignments and such, but that didn't mean I would stop. I wouldn't stop until they were all dead. Until everyone who took everything away from me would suffer the same fate i did, or those that hurt others like they had hurt me. Justice is what they called it. It was a new thing for me, a new twist on what I was made for. Irony, I think is what they called it.

Walking through the dense forest, the fog swirling around me, I tossed my head back to force my black cloak off of my head so I could see better. The lion pelt fell back on my withers, the paws of it fell down to my knees. When I killed this beast, it had been as tall as I was so the pelt about drug the ground. That amazed me. I could touch anything, but I was invisible to the mortal eye. Until I was killing them and watching the life slip from their eyes. Only then would they see my monstrous face.

OC: crappy first post...

Code:
Magic - None but if he has any, I would like for it to be weather manipulation of some sort

Items - None enchanted but he has the following:
Animal bone necklace w/Raven skulls
Animal bone Bangle
Saber tooth Skull
Black Lion Pelt

"TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK."

D A G O N

quote goes here
Image Credits Coding by Relibelli
Requiem

For the most part Requiem had avoided the Portal ever since being unceremoniously dumped in the Rift. It held bad memories for her -- memories of being alone and terrified in a totally new world -- memories that she wanted to avoid getting lost in. She had grown a lot in her time of being by herself. She had learned how to take care of herself, learned that she was capable of protecting herself and getting lost in memories of being small, scared, and alone threatened to undo all of the progress she had made.

She was a smart girl, though, and she knew that she could not avoid the Portal forever. If she ever gave up on searching for her family and decided that she wanted to leave the RIft permanently she would have to pass through the portal. So she put on a brave face and wandered through the forest, ignoring the glowing eyes that peered out at her. Those same eyes that had terrified her as a foal still made her uneasy, but she was not nearly as scared.

Requiem took a deep breath and pressed on, smoke curling around her slender legs with every step she took. She had not been expecting to find anyone lingering in the portal and was surprised when she rounded a tree and found a rather large stallion standing there. The skull on his face, the bones adorning his body, and the pelt draped across his back made him appear monstrous, almost like he belonged to the Rift. The gold adorned girl stopped and stared cautiously and curiously at the hulking beast of a stallion. "Hello." She offered a soft greeting. "Are you lost?"

"."

R E Q U I E M

Credits

@Dagon
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
The fog swirls and moves as though the thing is a beast in itself. It pushes toward you then away as if it’s taking large breaths, shifting and changing as the time passes. There’s a slight echo of a growl within the mists that are hard to hear if you weren’t paying attention. But the breathing grows louder and stronger against you until the fog seems to pelt you relentlessly and the growling grows louder. When it finally becomes loud enough to drown out everything else, it realizes you carry nothing of interest and is upset that it wasted its time. The fog returns to normal and the growling disappears completely.

You are left alone by the Rift, for now.

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : DAGON |

Normal items transfer fine! Just link them here for proof on your profile :)

Welcome to the Rift!
» Presence of the Rift «

Dagon
He could feel the eyes on him, but he’d dealt with bigger things, scarier things. What sort of reputation would he have if he was scared of others when others should be scared of him. He was, after all, what went bump in the night. Dagon simply scoffed at the thought of the eyes trained on him, watching his hide and most likely licking their chops while they thought about how nice he might taste. Joke’s on them. He wasn’t any solid being they could sink their teeth into. He was just a—”Are you lost?”

Dagon craned his head around to look back at the petite girl, seeming speechless for a moment. He looked around to make sure no one else was there and that she was, in fact, talking to him. His blue gaze stole back to her and he tilted his head slightly, peering at her from beneath the petrified skull. ”Hello.” Words. They were foreign to him. Aside from the last word he delivered as he murdered his victims, he never spoke. He found no reason too. ”Lost?” He wasn’t lost. He was meandering. Aimlessly wandering from one world to the next. At least, that’s how he saw it. To her, that may not be how it appeared in the slightest. ”I suppose. You can see me?”
@Requiem
"Talk."
DAGON
image | coding
Requiem

It was quite obvious that the tri-colored girl had taken the newcomer by surprise and for that she did feel the tiniest prick of guilt. Perhaps she should have made her presence known before she'd started speaking just so he would have been more alert that she was there. Then again, with all the glowing eyes in the forest, he probably was already on high alert. His reaction, though, was ... curious. When he looked around she shifted to look past him, just to make sure that there wasn't anyone else that she should be aware of, but there was no one else.

Just him. And her. And the glowing eyes of the Rift.

"Hello."

Her ears flicked back momentarily before tilting forward again when he finally spoke, though she was unsure of why she reacted in such a way. Maybe it was the skull and the lion pelt draped across his back that made her feel a bit uneasy. Or maybe it was the tone of his voice. "Hello." The girl murmured again, attempting to fill the silence that seemed to stretch on for an uncomfortable length of time while they both stood there regarding the other.

Then he spoke again.

Requiem's head tilted, her forelock falling to cover one crimson eye. It was not the fact that he said he supposed he was lost that concerned Requiem, most everyone that entered the Portal were lost. It was his second question. "...yes." She finally answered. "Am I not meant to?"

"."

R E Q U I E M

Credits

@Dagon
Dagon
Conversation was suddenly new to the demon and he didn’t understand how to speak, or to carry on a conversation appropriately with another party. He studied her, let his gaze move over her but not in a way that would be deemed vulgar or inappropriate. He was more curious. ”Depends.” was his simple reply. He turned back to her, taking a couple of slow steps closer, cautious. With one eye trained on her, and another making sure no one was about to jump out at them, Dagon circled the girl until finally coming to a halt in front of her. ”Unless you’re dead, you’ve no business seeing me.” It wasn’t typically the best thing for the mortal if they saw his face. That could be the only explanation, though now he wondered if his job description was a reaper now. ”Where am I?” he asked the girl. That would be a good place to start. He brought his attention back to the girl and for a minute she reminded him of someone he lost. Her markings were similar, though the coloring was completely different. She seemed quieter though. And if he was honest with himself, no one could replace his mate. Loneliness needed no friend.

@Requiem
"Talk."
DAGON
image | coding
Requiem

"Depends." Was the only reply he gave before he stepped closer to her. It took every ounce of strength that Requiem had to not retreat when he drew closer, but then she reminded herself that she had fought the MITN. She had driven a glass spike right into its belly to protect her and her friends. If she could fight a monster as big and fearsome as that then she could handle herself with one lone stallion.

Even one as big and scary as this one.

"Depends on what?" She forced herself to ask, pretending to be braver than she actually felt, but how would he know that? For all he knew she could run into stallions like him on a daily basis. For all he knew she could even be a forest sprite who's job it was to guide lost souls through the forest. Her head turned as he circled her so she could keep an eye on him until he came to stand before her once more.

"Unless you're dead, you've no business seeing me."

Uh. What?  

Requiem blinked, frowning at the statement. Had she died? No, she was certain that she had lived through the fight with the MITN and wasn't wandering around in limbo. "I am very much alive." She stated calmly. "I think dying would be unforgetable." Maybe she was wrong, maybe she wasn't. It was something she wouldn't find out until she actually died.

Thankfully he asked another question and she was able to move on, even if it was only momentarily. "This forest i known as the Portal." The gold splashed girl stated. "It's the gateway into the Rift. Where did you come from?"

"."

R E Q U I E M

Credits

@Dagon
Dagon
I am very much alive. I think dying would be unforgettable. Well she wasn’t wrong there. He looked away from her, lost in his own thoughts of his own death. Fighting to keep the other assassins he’d grown up with away from his mate, protecting her with the life he’d sworn to a society that had merely betrayed him in the end. It was unforgettable how each and every one of them speared him into the ground. He could feel the spearheads ripping into his flesh along with the sharpened hooves tearing at him just before everything got dark. ”You’re not wrong.” He said quietly, clearing his throat in an attempt to pull himself out of memories that had no business popping back up in the first place.

Portal? Gateway? Rift? A new world, which made sense. If he was passing through portals, it’s possible he was stripped of… Was he mortal again? Is it possible he was finally visible to the mortal eye and could live among them? Second chance and all that? Well, one could hope, but for how long? His days were surely numbered. He had an expiration date, he was sure of it.

Where did you come from? The smile that lifted the corners of Dagon’s lips was hardly genuine and didn’t reach his blue eyes in the slightest. ”I come from hell. I take it you know the way out of the portal?”

@Requiem
"Talk."
DAGON
image | coding
Requiem

"You're not wrong."

Requiem frowned, but said nothing in response to the stallion. He was ... strange, she thought. He looked menacing, held himself in a way that suggested he was dangerous, and yet he did nothing that suggested he would actually be dangerous. Still, Requiem thought she should be wary of him, just as she was wary of many things that inhabited the Rift. She could almost hear her brother's voice ringing in her ears; "Better safe than sorry, Req."

It did little to curb her curiosity, though, and she asked where he came from. The young girl was fully expecting to hear the name of a land that she'd never heard before and had no idea where it was. What she wasn't expecting to hear was Hell. Maybe it was an expression because she could honestly say the same thing about where she had come from. It was absolute Hell in its final moments before she escaped with the rest of her family.

"I do." Requiem finally replied. "I'll show you the way out." And with that she turned and began walking the direction she had come from. "Are you looking for a herd or are you planning on staying on your own?"

"."

R E Q U I E M

Credits

@Dagon