This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Bitter Taste
Open Tar Pits 
Seiji the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc

She is kind. Or else — as lonely as he. One part, a large part, wishes to accept her offer. They could stay together. He believes he could befriend her, given time. But he cannot subject her to the things his quest may ask of him. Seiji's gaze is measuring, but eventually, with a rueful smile, he shakes his head. He cannot explain how he would like to. How dearly he longs for friendship, for the simple comfort of residing with those he understands and trusts. But he began this journey alone. He intends to finish it that way.

Her next question brings his ears up again. Simpering, he regards her with a wry expression. Perceptive, maybe. Seiji nods, though he cannot explain. And he cannot think of a way to show her. He does turn, though, and gestures vaguely in the direction of the Portal. Then he glances back at her, wondering if she understands. If she will tell him where she comes from. What happened to her family. Though he has hardly earned the right to know.

@Requiem
Requiem
Currently championing: Reszo
Requiem wasn't sure how to feel when Seiji declined her offer of sticking together. On one hand the prospect of remaining alone was disheartening, and on the other being responsible for only herself seemed the much simpler option. In the end she would prefer the company of someone who she thought understood how she felt, but she wasn't one to force anyone to do something they didn't want to. If Seiji wanted to continue his journey alone she would allow it with no hard feelings.

Her question of his voice drew a nod from the stallion, though Requiem wasn't at all surprised. She had suspected as much when he had opened his mouth to speak. "You lost it in the portal?" She asked, head turning to look in that direction when he motioned to it. It seemed right, the portal seemed to take something from everyone that passed through it. His voice. Her father. Others lost magic and companions.

"My family passed through the portal, too." She said. "We came from a place called Helovia. My mother told me that the gods there stole lands from The Rift, and that when they did The Rift's gods came with them. They fought and defeated them and kept the lands as their own." She explained, still looking off in the direction of the portal. "Then Kisamoa arrived. He turned out to be Kaos." She finally turned her head toward Seiji. "My brother and I were still very young, only a few months, when it happened. Helovia's Gods fought against Kaos, and he killed them one by one. Helovia's warriors fought against them and he killed them one after the other, sometimes whole groups of warriors would fall before they could even properly make a stand against him." She closed her eyes, visualizing what she had witnessed as a young child. She could still remember the fear she felt as she stood, trembling at her mother's side.

A sigh slipped past Requiem's lips and she opened her eyes again and shook her head. "Me, my mother, her companion, my sister, my brother, and my father all went through the portal together. I ended up here by myself. I was able to find my brother again, but we got separated and I haven't been able to find him. I don't even know if my parents made it through. Or my sister."

She was ready to move on from talking about her family, if only because made her heart heavy, as if it were made of stone. "If you try to get your voice back I would like to help."

"."
Requiem
“Oh, come forth into the storm and rout
And be my love in the rain.”
― Robert Frost

image | coding

@Seiji
Seiji the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc

The Portal. A gentle shake of his head rebukes this assumption. She is not the first to make it, but the Rift has taken nothing from Seiji since his arrival. Instead, it has given — the jewelry in his mane, the black and silver greaves armoring his hind legs. He lost his voice long before — his own fault. His own carelessness. He thought he could do anything. Arrogance took him down: cold crawling up his haunches, dragging him down.

He still remembers that. It returns clearly the moment he touches anything in periphery. Blinking, wincing just a little, Seiji tucks it back away. He does not wish to think of that time. He does not wish to recall his own arrogance. His own fall. He blinks instead at Requiem, focusing on her words.

It is a terrible story. A story of war and death — Seiji reaches out gently to brush her shoulder with his muzzle. He has never suffered this way. Such suffering came generations before his. He has glimpsed it in memory, in the songs of birds, but never firsthand. He wishes, almost, he could take her suffering from her. Carry it on top of his own. She is too young to know these things. She had no choice. Now Seiji reconsiders his rebuke of her offer. Perhaps he should help her find her brother, at least. Does she have any idea where to look?

He is considering his options for communicating this when she offers to help him find his voice, as well. And though he would never subject her to this (more suffering) he smiles gladly and nods his head. It is the closest he can come to what he wants — that is, to help her. Now, pricking his ears, he moves away, scanning the sands as if for a direction. He turns back, blinking at her — a questioning gaze. Where then, should we start?

@Requiem