This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Sepia-toned and bristling with subtext
RP Wanted The Portal 
Zahra
Currently championing:
The once daughter of love, stands upon the precipice of something evil, black, a thing that these eyes cannot see. So too is it a feeling this mind cannot hope to describe. My heart has ached and worried for a long time, yet somehow still it is blind, unable to fathom such hurt as she melts into soundless oblivion. For years, darling has sheltered in the cocoon of my own crafting - safe, unharmed, unaffected by the wickedness outside - and we have nurtured her, kept her from falling. I ask myself, how deep is the hole? 

How much darkness can the mind bear without any light? 

The goodness in life has all but been lost beneath these heavy rugs of sadness, loneliness, and she succumbs slowly, now willingly; the unseen, unheard, silent killer. Her eyes have grown sunken, and sorrow pools in their pale, sickly midst; they are bruised, tormented by the cruel gift of tragedy (cotton degrades, Starry-Eyed fool, she should have known), but the tears that once spilt for her mother’s own bitter woes, today, have all but dried up. The emotion, the empath, she’s gone…

While others wail with wild trepidation and battle pointlessly against inevitability throughout the marshland around her, darling - the golden-bellied girl - surrenders easily, voluntarily, slipping (with any luck into death), from a world, a life, fashioned upon the brittle foundation of heartache. Though fear naturally squeezes our resolve, she descends into the black-nothingness of the afterlife in thankful, morbid silence; there will be no more memories, neither loss or fear. She will be safe at last, wherever death’s lasting kiss sends her. She doesn’t care:

It is over.

but, as darling holds her breath, readily, expectantly, and drifts utterly weightless in the breezeless caress of this foul night, the constant tick of her sickly mind fails to cease. Her dismay leaks through our bond. It doesn’t end, she does not die beyond that retina-searing light, and disappointment all too swiftly sinks savage fangs into her new found solace. Even before she touches hoof to the ground of the rift, those pastel, honeyed eyes are searching, desperate for reason - for logic - or for the wry smile of someone divine, who deems the grimness of her plight, unfinished. She falls like a tossed corpse into a shrug of swirling shadow, landing at last upon the overgrown surface of this new dimension - and with a sickening thud!

‘This…’ I murmur softly, tenderly, trying to break through, but the undertone is weak, wavering and afflicted, ‘… this isn’t right.’ 

All around us (darling, the kitsune and I), there are sinister eyes stalking through the darkness; blinking, watching, waiting. She lifts her heavy head from a bent bed of vine tendril, neon and nauseating, to regard them all quietly, vaguely, for her thoughts already are unravelling like a veil across her care; she whispers outwards so wistfully, “but why? Why the hell me…”

If granted the chance she would rot there, wait for those cold, burning eyes to arrive and devour, but the kitsune and I fight that defiant lethargy, bargain with her stubborn subconscious, until she rises to the award of our silence; the canine, there is a queerness, a primeval glint in her eye, and she turns from us then, like never before. 

Upon a single, fine thread these legs lower from the sanctuary of a web and hair burrow, until whiskered toes rest against the cold metal face of her father's old collar. An ominous feeling stirs through my core - and resistance is futile as it seeps towards her. 

And then it begins to rain... 

“Like delicate lace,
So the threads intertwine,
Oh, gossamer web
Of wond'rous design!
Such beauty and grace
Wild nature produces...
Ughh, look at the spider
Suck out that bug's juices!”

― Bill Watterson, Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection

SWP Participant

Magics: 4
(2x Safe Please)
:: [ Magic: Earth (P) | Blood is liquid gold ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Of no use in battle]
:: [ Magic: Earth | Can harvest the silk spun by her companion to create durable small to medium items (dolls, bags, rope, capes) ] 
----
:: [ Magic: LightxWater | Her blood is able to heal physical wounds; if a marking pass is used, the wound will scar with a golden tinge ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Blood must touch the wounds, and larger wounds require more blood which will cause her to experience headaches and feel weak and/or dizzy ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can only create 2 small items or 1 medium item per season ]
:: [ Magic: Earth | Can summon a swarm of insects ] 
:: [ Restrictions | The swarm has a hive mind and will attack like one entity; summoning insects requires great concentration, and can attack a 5m radius from her body ]

Enchanted items: 4
(Safe Please)
:: [ Item: Midas' Amor | Defensive. Offers protection, worn as a metal collar that can be summoned into full armor; tanned leather sits beneath the metal when the armor is used. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Heavy when in full armor; can be removed with a button but needs assistance putting the collar back on; the leather helps soften the impact of the metal during fights and cushion blows ]
----
:: [ Item: Spear | Offensive. Spear that expands to full size at the press of a button and will collapse for travel ]
:: [ Restrictions | Must be attached to the user somehow for easy transit ]
:: [ Bronze Branch charm (grows a flower every morning) ]
:: [ Green Leaf charm (glows green in the dark) ]

Normal Items: 1
:: [ Item: Spider Silk Necklace | A spider silk, platted, loose-fitting necklace; Contains: Midas' feathers x4, Phoenix Feather x2, Arctic Zephyr Feather x2, African Grey red feather, Roc Zephyr feather ]

Rift-god / Kaos items: 0
-

Amulets : 5
:: [ Sun Amulet ]  
:: [ Spark Amulet ]  
:: [ Spark Amulet ]  
:: [ Earth Amulet ]  
:: [ Moon Amulet ] 

Companion/s: 2
(Safe Please)
:: [ Companion: Darwin’s bark spider | None | 1171 Mid Drench ] (Hatch Date: 15.05.2015)
----
:: [ Companion: Kitsune | Mythical, common | Fire | 1171 Early Drench ]  (Hatch date: 02.04.2015)

Genetic Mutations: 2
Genetic Mutation :: Ability to have third active magic 
Genetic Mutation :: Ability to bond with two companions 

Species change (if applicable): 

Requests:
  • If there’s a chance please, I would love for her ‘gold blood’ passive magic to be less passive.
  • Could the crafting magic be less exclusive to just her spider's silk? (I don’t mind if it's messed with!)
  • If it's possible please, to keep the collar but have it disenchanted, that would be wonderful! If it can I'd really like to keep that as a normal item and save :: [ Bronze Branch charm (grows a flower every morning) ], instead
  • Arachnids/Arthopods - webs, cuticular fluorescence and poisons, rock
  • Go nuts :] -excitednervous giggle-
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Oh boy, have they ever seen anything like her?

Well, yes, all the time, but never exactly her. She's rich, her soul is a buffet, and the Rift will be courteous. It will be polite. It will show up, take her arm, maybe even kiss her on the hand, and take what she offers. Anything but that would, after all, be terribly, terribly rude.

The earth shudders in delight.
the Rift
life between worlds

[ TRANSFER NOTES: ZAHRA ]

Magic:
Healing: Blood is liquid gold. It has healing properties if slathered upon an injury.
Crafting: Can craft using her spider's silk.
Offensive: Can summon a swarm of insects.

Items:
Defensive: A full-body armor, padded with tanned leather. Originally worn by Midas the Gallant. It can collapse into a metal collar.
Offensive: A metal spear that collapses in on itself for travel, and expands at the press of a button. The spear catches fire after having been expanded for two seconds, and will remain on fire until collapsed.
Vanity: A bronze branch charm. It grows a flower every morning.
The Rift nibbles up the enchantment making the green leaf charm glow in the dark, and leaves it just a normal item.

Amulets:
Your amulets whisper out of existence, so soft and silent that you barely notice that they're gone. Nothing will happen for the rest of the day, but from tomorrow and on, your primary feathers will shimmer with the colors and elements of the Gods: Sun, Spark, Earth, and Moon. The feathers will look like they are made of glass, with the element trapped within, but to the touch they are normal feathers.

Companion:
Ilham: Drawin's Bark Spider
Obtained: 15 may 2015
Birth Date: Mid-Drench, 1170 (adjusted slightly!)

Frozen:
Hanna: Kitsune
Obtained: 2 april 2015
Birth Date: Late Scorch, 1170 (adjusted!)

Normal items transfer over fine!