This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
just one
Trial Solanis 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
and if you are to love, love as the moon loves;

When I was certain that the bear had stopped breathing, and ceased to live, I stepped away from its body, making way for Kiada to do what she must. I motioned toward the black heap of fur, beckoning Kiada toward it. The sight wasn’t very inviting: the aftermath of the brawl tainted the entire hollow, spilt blood casting the ground it in a slick red sheen. Bits of fur and flesh were scattered about, and claw marks marred every surface, creating deep gouges that were like small-scale trenches. At the center of it all lay the two limp bodies of the deceased, limbs splayed at awkward angles as if they’d been flung violently about, and in a way, they had.

Looking down at the earth beneath me, I could see that I was standing in a puddle of blood. The bear’s, probably. It tinged my sandy-colored hooves a pinkish hue, and every movement I made sent out what seemed like hundreds of tiny ripples. The liquid squelched beneath my weight as I shifted it, which was both an unpleasant noise and sensation. Not the most unpleasant I’d experienced, but standing in a puddle of blood was undoubtedly far from ideal.

I didn’t even attempt to disguise the resulting grimace that spread across my features, lifting my gaze back toward Kiada. "Guess you’d better get eating the eye over with, before another monster appears out of nowhere and has more success than these two." I spoke with a flick of my muzzle in the direction of the bear and the harpax on display before us. At least they’d taken care of themselves, and in what seemed like the blink of an eye the only task left was for the mare to eat the eye itself.  

I looked on as Kiada drew carefully toward the bear, the blade clenched between her teeth gleaming in the sunlight. I could feel myself tensing up as I watched her, wishing that there was something more that I could do to help. But in the end, I would have to take the backseat, and the golden mare would have to complete her trial on her own. She sliced the flesh around the eye with her knife, severing the last of the tendons that held it in place in the socket, and finally removing the organ fully with her teeth. She seemed determined to get this over with once and for all, without any fuss. Then she squeezed her eyes tightly shut, and swallowed the eyeball in one swift gulp. With this the conclusion of the mare’s trial would be brought about - she’d be able to breathe normally again.

Yet Kiada didn’t seem relieved upon blinking her eyes open, but rather a disheartened expression hung over her face like a shadow. I stepped toward her as she expressed her doubts, hoping that I’d be able to offer her some form of solace. "Perhaps we need to give it a little time." I suggested with a slight frown, wondering what the standard trial protocol was. It was also worth noting that she didn’t seem to want to leave until she was sure that eating the eye had worked, and the lung condition was gone. "I’ll stay here with you to see if anything happens." My voice was gentle, and I cocked one of my hooves beneath me to indicate that I was prepared to wait as long as she wanted.

"Talk."

it does not steal the night —
it only unveils the beauty of the dark

img

@Kiada okie here we are! Last post for Rixen :D
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}