This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Seriously?!!!!
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Hertz
Currently championing: Vourib

Hertz
I was born to run!

"So tell me, world."
Hertz said to the wind.
"You seem to be alive, what with the way you tried to steal my magic and all. So how 'bout you give me some power?"
He stood atop the cliffs, looking to the sky over the ocean.
"Or are you not like Helovia and just go around pestering the handsome new guy?"
He turned, looking for any sign that he had been heard. Seriously, if the place could try to take, it had to be able to give. He wanted some of that power for himself. It sounded thrilling, taking power from a mysterious being. But the only reply he received was the sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs.

He turned again and frowned.
"What? YOU SCARED?"
He shouted to the sky.
"Afraid to face me after being sent home with your tail between your legs, eh?"
He chuckled. A coldness swept over him. He clamped his mouth shut as he felt a presence behind him. He whirled around. Thousands of eyes watched him from the shadows. The same eyes that had blinked at him within the forest of the portal. He smiled.
"Finally came out to play, huh?"

A voice whispered to him, caressing his mind with fingers of ice. It spoke of tasks it needed for him to complete in order to receive the power he desired. He smirked.
"Bring it on."

Have sex with another. Did the rift get off on that kind of stuff?
Create a fire and burn a piece of yourself in it. Weird, but doable.
Collect flora from three different regions. What, was the presence into flowers or something?

It hissed. Hertz wanted to laugh. This was too easy! The coldness vanished as the presence left him. But the eyes remained. He scowled at them. He strutted off, ignoring them.
"Take it in boys."
He taunted as he flaunted his muscular form. Taking extra care to exaggerate the movement of his rump as he raised his tail like a war banner. One task called for him to burn a piece of himself in a fire. Easy. Still paying the hungry eyes no mind, the cocky stallion set about gathering the driest brush he could find. Which was darn hard in the wet weather that seemed to prevail in these gods forsaken lands.

Once he gathered enough wood and tinder into a pile he stomped a hoof. The earth erupted into flame, igniting the pile. But it was not the only thing that erupted into flame. With a shriek of pain and surprise the arrogant boy began the buck and dance as his flesh burst into flame. The hair along his body singed and the fire threatened to devour his skin. He dropped to the ground, rolling in the damp mud and leaf litter. The flames sizzled out. Mud streamed sides heaved as Hertz lay there, stunned.
"What the heck?!"
he finally snarled. He stood cursing and spitting as he inspected the damage. Nothing serious, but the fur was burnt and damaged on his legs. He wasn't a dumb stallion. it did not take long for things to click into place. He raised his head to the sky.
"You cheeky, two-bit, mongrel!"
He roared.
"You screwed with my magic!"
Somewhere, he could have sworn he heard a chuckle.

TALKING HERE

THOUGHTS HERE

#### Hertz has asked for some powers. Here he seeks to fulfill one of his tasks by burning a part of him. It works, but not the way he planned. xD

Open to anyone. @Zahra
Seiji the Hopebringer
Currently championing: Caevoc

The air still stings with salt so high above the sea. It's a strange combination of sharp white and verdant green, rich and pleasant. A boundary space: on one side the open air, cold and playful; on the other the forest, humid and dark. Seiji wanders along here, his muted footfalls rendering him more shadow than anything else. A slip of black there on the edge of the cliffs.

He is watching the seabirds. Enjoying the view. Ambling along at a pace much slower than his usual. Rain sprinkles his flanks and lies in beads along the thin growth of his mane, but it doesn't fall too hard, yet. Out in the distance, the ocean turns thoughtfully in its bed. Whitecaps running back and forth over a deep blue surface. Seiji pauses to watch something break the surface, far out. Something large. His ears come forward in concentration. And he's so busy watching he doesn't smell the smoke, at first.

Then like a switch in his brain: smoke. Fire! His head twists in the direction of the scent. His dark eyes flicker toward the trees. Light-speed contemplation: fire + forest = bad news. The wood is wet, quite green, but if it manages to catch... And is that a voice? Crying out somewhere distant? Seiji's ears tilt back and he lunges forward. Races along the cliff, quiet still despite his urgency, his footfalls muffled by the new greaves on his hind legs. Only the brush crackles and churns around him, giving way to his frantic charge.

Closer now: a thin purl of smoke rising high into the pallid air. Seiji leaps a bush and then spies the stranger at last: black and gold, an animate storm cloud. Spewing verbal insults rather than thunder. Seiji's haunches tuck and his hind hooves dig in, dragging him to an abrupt stop. Then he stands breathing hard, mostly with the effort of that last exertion. His dark eyes travel over the pile of charred branches. Over the burns on the stranger's legs.

Slowly, one of Seiji's ears twists forward. The other remains back. He blinks at the stranger. Gestures toward the pile of branches. Toward the stranger again. What are you doing? Then a step forward, neck outstretched. A pointed gaze down at the burned places. Are you all right? There doesn't seem to be much fire left; Seiji doesn't worry about that. He worries more about what this tall, gangly youth is up to here in the woods with no supervision.

@Hertz
Hertz

Hertz
I was born to run!

A shadow appeared. Wait no, that was a horse. He was a dude. Hertz as disappointed and irritated. Why couldn't he find a pretty girl? Did this world just have guys in it? That was a mortifying revelation. A world with only guys. No way was he messing around with another stallion. It just wouldn't be the same. He wanted a mare, blast it!

Not only was this black guy not a mare, he did not speak. Mute or dumb. How was he supposed to tell which one he was? Maybe it was both. He seemed to be wondering what the heck had happened. Hertz thought about snapping. yes, he actually thought about his action. He thinks every now and again, thank you very much. "What, you ain't seen a bonfire before?" He asked. That thought process didn't last very long.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He breathed through his nose. Hertz had seen the question on the man's face. Why was this guy so worried about him anyways? Was he into him? In a world with only dudes, he guessed that the guy had to find some fun somewhere. No way was he into that. Of course, he hadn't actually confirmed that this world was void of women. Best to explore a bit more.

"Freak'n jerk of a world messed with my magic is, all. The fire was part of its tasks to get it set right." He scowled at the fire that was now dying. Lifting a hoof he stamped out the rest, letting out his anger on the thing.

TALKING HERE

THOUGHTS HERE

####

@Seiji
Seiji the Hopebringer

There is a moment: where their eyes meet; where Seiji wonders if he's made a mistake. His ears turn gently back when the stranger speaks. A coarse voice. Inelegant. Impolite. A soft sigh leaves Seiji's chest. After a moment of study, he has decided this fellow has nothing of use to him, anyway.

He doesn't leave immediately. Stands staring instead, digesting the information. The fire was part of its tasks. Seiji doesn't quite understand what this means. His head tilts as the stranger stamps on the dying embers again, a petulant gesture. He must be young. He reminds Seiji a little of Valkyrie, and though Seiji wishes him no ill, he also has little desire to spend any more time with impetuous children. He feels at least a thousand years old now, alone and far away from his home.

He blinks again and gestures at the stranger's burned limb. A sort of, Are you sure? But there is little Seiji can do, anyway. With a last sigh and a kind of shrug, he turns away. He has other things to do. Other places to look. He won't waste his time here.

@Hertz
ooc// Feel free to stop him if you want!
Hertz

Hertz
I was born to run!
The quiet shadow stood there, looking at him. Yeah.... He probably went too far. When the black man turned her closed his eyes and sighed. "Look, I'm sorry." He said. "I took my frustrations out on you, it wasn't right." He approached the other. "Kinda stinks having your magic messed with, turned on you." If Seiji would try and leave he would trot after him. The other guy was not a chick, but he was better than talking with himself.

Of course, wouldn't he still be talking with himself since this dude didn't speak? Huh. That was too complicated, best no think about it. "So..." He said, looking off into the forest. "You don't talk much." His gaze turned back to the black stallion. "Can't talk?" His head lowered as he titled it as he trotted along. His wings raised slightly to help him balance better as he moved. He had never met someone like this odd fellow and he wasn't quite ready to let him go.

TALKING HERE

THOUGHTS HERE

####

@Seiji
Seiji the Hopebringer

He is already moving away when the voice reaches out. Like a frail hand wrapping around one of his ankles, or dragging in his tail: "Look, I'm sorry." Seiji pauses, surprised by the show of humility. He turnes to blink over one shoulder, a forelimb poised to continue his exit. But the boy continues to speak, and something softens in Seiji's face. He turns back then, and facing the boy answers with a nod. You are forgiven. He hadn't been truly angry in the first place. Only a little disappointed. A little frustrated.

It did suck to be messed with, the two of them agreed on this at least. Though Seiji would string the words a little differently; he smiles anyway, his good cheer returning. This is an interesting boy, clearly wiser than first assumed. Maybe a little impulsive, but… Wasn't Seiji once an impetuous youth, himself?

His head tilts slightly to one side as he wonders what the stranger's magic is — what it does. He is familiar only with tradition, the old magic of ritual, the scattering of bones. He thinks of the fire, the smoldering embers. He thinks of the strange lights he saw in the Portal. Kiada's flames. The rules here differ from the rules of home. He ought to be intrigued, but… extenuating circumstances.

The boy is speaking again. "You don't talk much." No. Seiji shakes his head, eyes trained on the boy. Following with interest the jagged gold marking down neck and shoulder. Shifting once more to meet the boy's gaze. How strange, to be afflicted by this ailment: which everyone sees but no one understands. The truth of it impossible to impart. Seiji opens his mouth as if to say something, as if to form the words of explanation, but no words escape. He lets his teeth click shut, ears twisting. I can't. He was never so silent by choice.

"Can't talk?" But the boy is fast. Seiji nods affirmative, and sighs. He still doesn't particularly wish to linger here, in yet another place with no answers. He wonders if the boy knows anything. If he can even find a way to ask.

@Hertz
Hertz

Hertz
I was born to run!

Yup. Blackie couldn't talk. He was also a big softie and it took all but a simple apology to get him to turn and accept his presence once more. His trot held a confident, cocky dance to it. He was looking at him again. Appearantly when you can't talk you have to look at people and hope they understood. This guy got the looks down pat, Hertz wasn't having any trouble telling what he wanted. At least, right now. Who knew he was such an awesome mute-reader. New talent unlocked!

He smiled to himself. "So, if you can't talk. Why not ask this world to change that?" he said, making small talk with the man as if he could actually carry a conversation. "It messed with my magic and when I started yelling at it about the fact, it gave me tasks to fix it. I imagine the world could give ya a voice, or something close to it. Course, it seems to have a twisted sense of humor." It also had a dirty mind. Talk about someone that'd like slutty books. It was slightly disturbing to think that the world like to yank people around for its entertainment. Oh well, it kept things interesting.

TALKING HERE

THOUGHTS HERE

#### Hertz has asked for some powers. Here he seeks to fulfill one of his tasks by burning a part of him. It works, but not the way he planned. xD

@Seiji
Seiji the Hopebringer

"So, if you can't talk. Why not ask this world to change that?" Seiji's ears prick toward the words. Hasn't he heard advice like this before? Some time ago... Who gave it to him? Someone here. Hesitating, he blinks at Hertz. The boy continues to talk, but explains little. How? Seiji wants to know. Before, so fresh to the Rift, he ignored the possibility. But now... now he tires of walking its endless expanse. He wants to see his home again, his loved ones. He wants to be whole.

He stills. Fixes his gaze upon Hertz, firm but patient. Awaiting some kind of further explanation. It has not occurred to Seiji, yet, that wishing may be all it takes. He comes from a land of ritual and history, a place where important things happened a certain way or not at all. Wishing made for nothing but disappointment. Here....

Seiji tilts his head.

@Hertz
Hertz

Hertz
I was born to run!

Again with that curious look. It seemed this guy had no idea what he was talking about. He shook out his main. Oi. "I'm assuming you have no magic, so this place probably didn't mess with you when you entered." he said. "Or it did and stole your voice. I don't really care. But it seems if you ask it, it will give you an answer how to fix what's wrong with you. Ya just gotta want something from it and it seems to know and respond from that. All I did was yell at the sky and it told me to do stuff to fix my own magic."

He raised a brow as he looked at the black stallion. Get it? It was a simple enough explanation. Surely he had caught on? "Might as well give it a try." he suggested. "Seems to understand desires as much as words. I'd bet it'd figure out what you wanted and give you some sort of answer." He flicked his tail. Actually curious if the other would give it a go right then an there. It wasn't everyday you get to watch someone receive a set of trials from this world. Could you even watch it? There probably wasn't much to see.

TALKING HERE

THOUGHTS HERE

####

@Seiji
Seiji the Hopebringer

"it will give you an answer how to fix what's wrong with you"

This.... really? This explanation stands at odds with all Seiji knows about the Rift. His ears turn back s he thinks. "All I did was yell at the sky and it told me to do stuff to fix my own magic." Seiji studies the boy a long moment, wondering if this is a trick. A trap. Something else. He needs to think on it. He needs to assess possible dangers. Past are the days he danced through life without worry, expecting he could face anything he found along his way. He knows now too well the price of carelessness. He can still feel them closing in, in a strange way — veins of ice climbing along his flanks. Sister to fear.

He sighs. Shaking his head, he steps back from the boy, who watches so expectantly. Not now. Maybe not even today. He is grateful for this information, but he needs to consider. He needs.... counsel, more than anything, in this place where no counsel exists. He bows his head once more to the boy, grateful despite his indecision, and steps back. Wonders if he will now be allowed to leave, or if the younger man will follow him again.

@Hertz