This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» An Unexpected Party
Open The Pinnacle 
Eira
Currently championing: Reszo
Though in all respects Roscorro could have passed as one of the Rift’s fearsome predators, Eira felt nothing but radiating comfort as the mammoth-sized stallion stooped his horned muzzle to greet her. The smooth tenor of his calm, confident voice spilt forth across her like a warm, cosy blanket and the dark, blue eyes sunk beneath her starred brow glittered with delight, dancing between the stormy-grey whirlpools that gazed down. Though Vynter had vanished a long time ago (unspoken grief shared between them for the loss), the Dragon Heart remained an unwavering rock in her life, one she could rely on and return to, whenever she so desired.

“Did you feel that?” her feeble thoughts queried, eyes filled with an air more imploring, for a strange possession had swept through her suddenly, causing the long hair all over her bony frame to stand on end. In the very same moment, a light spray of rain descended as though from nowhere—for there were no clouds suspended over the bright warm Pinnacle and the party—so too did the sandy surface dampened beneath her cloven hooves, frost over. Puffing nostrils dipped a second later, scouting the pale earth, which still very much felt warm. Eira took one step and the ice thawed instantly as the connection was lost; placing it down, she was amused to find that the frost followed her tread!

Comprehensively charmed, and still roiling with strange energy inside, her gaze swept upwards to regard first her towering friend, then the reactions evolving through the crowd still surrounding—it seemed, to the perceptive young filly, that all present had been gifted, in one way or another. “What about you?” her mind asked Roscorro, effervescence visible in her tone. She hadn’t realised yet that there was more to her own bestowal, though quite appropriately, she was humbled by and grateful for what she had. When the stallion had dabbled with his own inheritance, the young blue waif suggested they approach the Protector together. “We should thank him...” It was unlikely that she’d find the confidence to do so by herself.

@Roscorro
Taivas the Hopebringer
If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
She was late, though for what, the shaman had no idea.

Arriving in the blue glow of the Pinnacle, it warms her heart to see so many gathered around the Protector.  Upon her first visit to the elder, he seemed lonely and reserved.  The painted girl was certain that few bothered to visit the old guardian, for he acted delighted to throw riddles at her small cluster of companions, and laughed heartily as he did so.

Now, her eyes twinkle as they gather in all the faces - familiar and unfamiliar - which flocked to his small haven of dry, warm land amid the freezing tapestry of the Rift.  She remembers the curious work of the Matriarch to create a winter wonderland in the middle of summer.  Many of the natives here held unbelievable power, and the Protector was no exception.

She lands upon the dry and temperate patch of the world, remaining on the outskirts of the large crowd.  She makes no attempt at conversation or small talk.  The shy girl had also kept away from large crowds, so today would be no exception.  She makes her way carefully toward the blue glow of the Protector, sidling up next to the old guardian.

A wane smile forms on her lips.

"Sorry I am late," she says quietly, barely audible over the chatter all around them.
""
When I turn jet black, and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
Taivas

[ ooc - random enchanted item please.  <3
Mutations are fine. ]
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
and if you are to love, love as the moon loves;

I was still trying to make sense of everything that was happening when the voice of a young stallion, speaking my name, broke my thoughts. Blinking slowly, I turned my head to see the fiery-colored child standing beside me. Somehow he’d managed to step in beside me without my noticing. Not that doing such a thing would have required a great deal of difficulty - I was too lost in my own mind, emerald gaze loosely focused on the ever-growing crowd before the Protector. Like it had never occurred to me that I could just ask one of the many familiar faces what exactly was going on. Perhaps Galahad would know - but then again, of all horses, it was more likely that he was one of the less informed partygoers, being a newcomer and all.

"Hello, Galahad. It is good to see you again." I smiled at him. Swishing my tail in light of the casual conversation, I added, "I see you’ve found your way to your first Rift celebration. I wouldn’t say they’re a regular occurrence here, but then again, they’ve happened often enough that I know one when it presents itself.” I was able to deduce that this was a party of some sort. What we were celebrating, I did not know. I had not seen the Protector in some time, and I certainly didn’t know him well enough to guess what his possible motives might be. Then again, maybe there were none. What if he had gathered us here simply out of the goodness of his heart?

Galahad’s gaze was still focused on the horses mingling a short distance before us. Mine traced an imaginary line from the colt’s face to the Protector, towering over everyone as he waves his tentacle-like arms, and looking delighted as ever. He seemed as pleased by the turnout as a creature of his kind could. Then Galahad spoke again, and this time his lips formed the words of a question: would we still have him in Halyven? "Of course, the offer still stands. It is always open and waiting. All you need to do is accept it." I nodded slowly, glancing quickly over at him to see his reaction and anticipate his answer.  

Another voice rang out, presumably addressing us, and I saw that Rexanna was approaching where we stood. Only a few seconds passed before the gilded mare was standing before us, glancing over to the Protector and then back again. Without any delay I offered the woman an answer with a gesture in the child’s direction, "Galahad was just inquiring about our herd in the city." Then a thoughtful look spread across my features like strands of ivy. "Though the it hasn’t exactly come up yet, I think the question lingering in the air is exactly why the Protector called us here. What the party is for, exactly. Do you know-" The question was never finished, however, as it was at that moment that Kiada made her entrance, seemingly out of thin air (this was quite alright, though, because I was glad Kiada had found her way to the Pinnacle and the protector would soon offer his explanation). Before even Rexanna had much time to react to the sight of her daughter, Kiada had her wrapped up in a warm embrace. "Kiada!" Naturally, I expressed my happiness to see her with a wide grin, but only when the two mares had finished exchanging greetings and the moment seemed appropriate.

"Talk."

it does not steal the night —
it only unveils the beauty of the dark

img

@Galahad @Rexanna @Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Aedion
It had taken him awhile to follow the call. At first he wasn’t entirely sure if he wanted to come, but he knew that where there was a gathering, there were probably Helovians. And if he wanted some sort of lead, it was there that was his best option – aside from Korri of course. The smaller man had offered his abilities to aid Aedion in his pursuit of enacting revenge on those that had destroyed his world. And so, he followed the call to the glowing teal center of the Pinnacle with its overly chatty Protector who’d rather chat your ear off than eat you for attempting to enter the crevice.

He heaved a sigh, knowing full well that he would grow weary and angry, and so Aedion didn’t even shift from his wolf form into his equine form before sauntering in. It would cause too much attention, and for the time being he wanted to remain as hidden as he could – well, as hidden as a giant blood red wolf could be in the mix. He remained on the outskirts of the party, however, welcoming the slight relief from the chill though his fur had been a great insulator for that already. And with his dual toned eyes, one silver and the other a milky white with no pupil, he eyed the crowd, trying to memorize their faces for later if he’d find them again.

He did spot Korri though and as he sat on his haunches, his tail flicked with a small wave that appeared only as a flick. Perhaps Korri would understand, perhaps not, but the man did know he didn’t want attention drawn to himself. And so he remained still, quiet and enjoying the silence to brood and study those he’d slay one day. With this many people, he realized easily that he was outnumbered. No justice would be taken today, instead he was simply studying.

"Talk."
Aedion
you died screaming, yet,
the monster who took your place was silent
you are a weapon, and weapons do not weep.

image | coding

Aedion would like something off his Aspirations list, please! :D Aedion He tries to catch @Korri's attention to wave, but other than that he sulks by himself. Feel free to bother him!

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
THE MONSTER WHO TOOK YOUR PLACE WAS SILENT.
YOU ARE A WEAPON, AND WEAPONS DON'T WEEP.
Arithena
Currently championing:

A R I T H E N A
FOR WHEN THE SUN LEAVES, THE WORLD FEARS YOU

Thus far, the Pinnacle was one of the only places in the Rift that the girl knew. She hadn't been here long, and she hadn't traveled very far. And apparently there was no need to - not yet.

Ari heard the commotion of the party, although she could not see it. So at first, she didn't really know what it was. It hadn't really occurred to her that, in a dark world like the Rift, there could be so many horses gathered happily in one place. Yet as she followed her ears, climbing over the large dunes, the glowing lights of the celebration were soon visible and a wave of joy radiated out toward her. Nothing visible, of course. But she could just feel it. Wanting to see what all of the commotion was about, and perhaps make a few new friends, Arithena drifted down from her position higher up on the slopes.

When she reached the crowd, her first instinct was to search for anyone she might know. But she quickly found herself surrounded by a sea of unfamiliar faces. Before them, towering over them all, was a rather large creature with many waving arms. She did not know who, or even what, he was. However, he did not look dangerous; quite the opposite, in fact. If the Protector could be smiling as he handed out gifts to each and every horse, he certainly would have been. She wanted to find out who we was, who all of these other horses were, and what exactly was going on, but wasn't quite sure who she should approach. Aedion had made no mention of there being a herd here. Was this a herd?

A million and one thoughts were zipping through her mind at lightning speed, but no sign of it showed on her features. Only a glint of curiosity in her amethyst-colored eye, and a small smile beginning to form on her lips at the number of possibilities that had been presented to her. She was a wanderer, through and through. Always had been. But that did not mean she did not enjoy the presence of others once in a while, or even a good celebration, for that matter, though they were few and far between. She could only recall one other comparable event that she had experienced in her short lifetime.

So she simply meandered among the crowd, scanning all of the odd and unusual horses that had also heard the Protector's call, looking for someone she might be able to strike up a conversation with.

<3

Everyone - feel free to interact with my girl! :D
Ari would like a random Rift item!
And she is not opposed to mutations.
Sansa

This cold, oh how I hate it. Lady is almost thriving in it. Her coat has grown in thick and warm... Mine, well is still trying to catch up since I was very skinny not to long ago. Not that i'm much better now, but at least it's not looking like i'll drop dead any minute. Our bellies however, well we both are hungry, most of the time in fact.

But that doesn't seem to stop us from wandering and exploring. This time we moved north west. I am eager to explore, mostly to see if I see anyone I know. Calypso, Sarai and Sapphira all seemed to of disappeared. I am worried about them, but not as much as my missing son. What would Ilios think of me? His one son seemed to be doing well, since I saw him at that herd meeting.... But the one I helped give life. The one that I carried safely into the Rift.... Gods what if the Rift took him away? No think that. Lady's voice although broken in speech, pulls me from that trail of thoughts.

Strange light. Lady suddenly stops and looks just off to the east of where we were walking. I see it too, but hesitate to go to it. The last time I had seen strange light... Well Uncle Aaron and my cousins Brendan and Farah hadn't made it out... Nor had Ilios and other members of his family... We go? Lady prods me to move, wanting to check it out. I nod. This was going to have one of two outcomes. Either it was going to be really good, or really bad....

When we get closer, others have already gathered and... what's this? Everyone seemed, okay? Lady pads along at my side as we make though the crowd.

talk talk talk talk

Sansa
But my heart's been hurt a couple times
By a couple guys that didn't treat me right
I ain't gon' lie, ain't gon' lie

- Something from Aspirations thread
- Yes to possible mutation <3
Sapphira
What if I was made for you and you were made for me
What if this is it, what if it's meant to be
What if I ain't one of them fools just playin' some game

Mama and I have been separated for a while now. She finally caved, desperate to find out what happened to Ceto. Daenerys tried to stay with me for a while, but eventually she too left me. I am assuming something must of happened with Mama. Or maybe she figured I could handle myself now that I found my tiara. My tiara, is more than just a tiara... but I won't tell anyone else that.

I've grown in the time i've been off on my own. I'm not fully grown, but fast on the way there. I've filled out more, like Daddy was. More bulky than Mama. Maybe that is why she went to find Ceto without me. She and Dae can move faster and run farther than me. Ceto, was built more like them.

I shake the thoughts from my head. No, Mama wouldn't do that.

That's when I see the light. I don't know why, but I race for it. Something inside me says there will be familiar faces at the very least... Or maybe somewhere I can call home..... Or, hell if I know... something! Anything but wandering around aimlessly like i've been doing since we got to this place!

I arrive, and the crowd honestly overwhelms me. So many faces that I don't know. But they all seem to be gathered around this one, creature.... I tilt my head curiously. Would he be like Kaos? Was it even a he?

talk talk talk

Sapphira

- Receive a personalized Rift Presence encounter, giving you either of the three above choices – dice rolls will decide which one!
Calypso
Currently championing: None
CALYPSO

Dae, we left her. We left her alone. I know. We did not even find Ceto. But we tried... I know. We had to try. I know. I sigh heavily... I have been beating myself for days now... Okay truth be told days and nights. Almost every moment since we decided to find Sapphira again. Not that I deserve her. My daughter that has stuck close though everything. I left her to find her sister... A sister that I don't even know if she made it into the Rift. I am beginning to think that Kaos killed her... Took her out from under me as we went into the portal.... As if killing... I can't even finish the sentence... Losing Brendan was one of the most crushing moments of my life.

I had clung to the fact I still had his daughters, our daughters... But now I had left them all alone.... Look, light... Daenerys's voice is soft in my mind, prodding me to pay attention. Without thinking I race forward. My hooves desperately eating up the ground under me. What if this was the portal out?! What if maybe, that light had just been a delayed portal and everyone was still alive?! I can feel Dae's disapproval at that thought. She was the realist between the two of us now.

We arrive, a huge crowd had gathered. There is so many faces, I see no one... No Sapphira, no Sansa, no Sarai... and no Ceto. Why, why were we all gathered up again.... Don't they know bad things happen when we all gather together?

"Talk."

I wanna believe that you got me baby
I wanna love, wanna give you all my heart
image || coding

- Receive an enchanted “mystery item”
Peregrine
Currently championing:
"All right, all right, I'm coming."

The call had been incessant since she got here - a sensation of being summoned. She'd ignored it as long as she could, but but it had been too much to ignore forever. Finally she'd given in, though not without a sense of wariness. Last time she'd followed a random summons it had turned out to be trap.

A sudden updraft of warm air sent Peregrine banking sharply. The temperature had suddenly risen here. There were a bunch of equines gathered below, and some sort of... thing. Big, lumpy, glowing, with tentacles for a face. A party? Some sort of feeding ritual for whatever that thing was? Either way, this was the place.

Re-angling her wings, she came in for a landing. The people around her didn't seem frightened or stressed.

They don't have that blissed-out brainwashed look either, so that's good. she thought. But if I hear one "joooin us" or "everything is perfect here" I'm leaving

talk talk talk talk

Feel free to talk to Peregrine, or let me know if you'd like her to approach you!
- Receive an enchanted “mystery item”
- Yes possible mutation
Yves

Steel-bright June-grass, and blackening heads of clover
The call comes to Yves crystal clear, and the newcomer is forced to heed its summons. Raucous parties are not his usual scene – an intimate gathering is more his speed – but as the new kid he feels he has at least some obligation to make an appearance, however fleeting. Besides, it would be good to get to know more folks. He needs to find his compatriots if he ever hopes to convince the supernatural realm to leave him alone. Still, he’s not in any particular hurry to get there.

As he reaches the pocket of warmth near the ominous Pinnacle, it becomes apparent that Yves is late. Very late. The crowd is swollen with all manner of creatures; as he feared, this is no place for the serious conversations he needs to have in order to find those sympathetic to his cause. Near the center of the group stands the Protector aglow in all of his tendriled glory; clearly this beast is the one who has called them here. Great, gathered by some other-worldly Day-Glo punk who I’m sure is just dying to meddle in everyone’s’ lives. The dappled stallion settles into the outskirts of the throng with an impatient huff. He had more important things to do today than trekking across the desert for some self-important being. Like what, exactly? Who knows. Don’t ask.

Well, at least it’s nice and toasty. Let’s get this over with.
YVES

Pardon Yves the Grumpster (but feel free to interact with/bother him all you'd like!).
- Receive an enchanted "mystery item"
- Down to be mutated