This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
it's not a race to the end
Fight Kingdom of Halyven 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
The Harpy hadn’t actually ventured to the training grounds, but as part of her job to reconstruct and fix all the deterioration within Halyven, she figured now was as good a time as any. Khairi had enjoyed the task they were given, scouting from high above to find places where the land was broken more internally where her eyes from the ground couldn’t see. Though after that day with the door and K’yarie, the bird stayed far away from venturing within now – even straying away when the prey he chased scurried into the crumbling walls.

For now, it was all wide-open space, open for anyone to practice their techniques. And today of all days, Kiada felt a bit of extra energy to burn. Khairi, landing on a nearby pillar, remained watchful while Kiada placed her things along the sidelines of the training ground – her glacial gaze scanning the ground and pretending there were opponents there. She felt as though she needed all the practice she could get after that random attack in the Rainforest Cliffs that she had yet to understand. ’Better to be prepared than dead’, she thought, clenching her teeth slightly and grating them against one another. She wasn’t agile, not in the way that counts, but she was certain she could pack a punch. Her father’s draft genes were far more prominent than her mother’s thin athletic build. Not that she minded, it gave her something to work on and figure out what kinds of things she could get away with.

So she aimed for a stand alone pillar, one that was probably going to fall regardless of any other intentions. They could always fix it later. She sized it up, rounding the ivory pillar on the training grounds, pretending for a moment to duck before slipping away and regaining her composure as if the pillar had attacked. Then, as she rounded it again, she kicked out with a front hoof, aiming to take the pillar by surprise (though it wasn’t hard to take an inanimate object as such). Her charcoal hoof connected, a loud crash echoing through the grounds as her ears flattened to her skull. Perhaps sparring alone with stone wasn’t one of her best ideas.

"Talk."
Kiada
but god, I look at you and know,
hell is just another place I guess I’ll go,
to keep you warm.

image | coding

@Rixen :D I figure they can spar after either she suggests it or he does, doesn’t matter to me <3 also dont mind her beating up the random pillar in the training grounds lmao

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

There was a place we’d designated to be the training grounds early on, but I’d never actually spent much time there. It just so happened that today I decided to head over and poke around a bit, scope it out and develop a vision for what I intended the place to come. Horses had been frequenting the training ground every now and then, perhaps to hone in their skills, however, it wasn’t a place of bustling activity as of late. I supposed that everyone was simply preoccupied with their other duties within the herd, therefore sharpening one’s skills had sort of been put on the back burner for the time being. 

Even before I appeared on the scene, I could hear the sound of hooves pounding against the earth, a combination of grunting, snorting, and the occasional smacking noise as they collided with some unknown solid object, cracking it - all of these were sounds that reflected the intense effort needed to sharpen ones skills. Evidently, I wasn’t the only one who had thought to pay the training grounds a visit. Someone was already here. I wouldn’t have the training grounds to myself, but I was actually kind of happy about it. It would be nice to have someone to spar with, provided they’d be willing to train with me. One could never be too prepared to face whatever enemies lurked beyond our safe city walls. A pile of stones, no matter how sturdy it seemed, couldn’t be relied on for protection. 

Indeed, a pleasant surprise was before me when I turned around the final corner and the entire clearing was in view. A golden mare was eying an ivory pillar that still remained in the otherwise open space, circling it slowly as if it were a sworn enemy. Rather than break her concentration, I remained watching at the edge of the training grounds as she suddenly struck out with a hoof. Smack! She delivered a powerful blow that shook the pillar to its core, but somehow, it managed not to shatter into a million tiny pieces. 

"Wasn’t expecting to find you here." I said when she appeared to have reached a stopping point, though unsure whether or not Kiada had seen me enter. I was still a short distance away, standing rather casually beneath the shade of a tree. Raising one eyebrow, my offer was announced by a soft snort. It was followed by a chuckle and a sideways glance at the pillar. "Need a sparring partner? Not to sound conceited, but I think I might be able to put up a bit more of a fight.

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Kiada woohoo sounds good :D
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Explorer Kiada
Dust encompassed her dark inky hooves at the impact, a few scratches marring the dark coloration as the feeling reverberated from within her bones. Clenching her teeth against it, she glared at the stone while Khairi crooned a dark humiliating laughter from the sidelines. She sighed sharply from her nose, glaring at the bird on the sidelines. “Haipaswi kuwa mshtuko!” She threatened to Khairi, her icy eyes still glaring despite a smile growing on her lips at the bird. Then, a small laugh left her lips at the bird before another figure and voice captured her attention. “Wasn’t expecting to find you here.” The rich voice stopped Kiada briefly in her tracks, her hoof hanging mid air as dust drifted from it and her head swiveled to see Rixen.

Then he asked if she needed a sparring partner. Her cheeks flushed, though she was thankful it was impossible to see through the black fur that adorned her face. “I… Well, yeah… I was just trying some things out.” She stammered, turning to face him better and finally place her hoof to the ground, embarrassment reigning her entire body. “I haven’t actually sparred before, though I was attacked by a stranger in the Forest once.” She admitted with a soft chuckle. “I’d like to try and protect myself better without having to rely on magic.” her head lifted to face him, reminding herself of their attempts to spread hope to the Forest Walkers and how she had used her magic to try and push them away.

A shiver ran down her spine briefly, but she pushed the memory away as she stepped toward where Rixen was standing, though she remained on the training grounds. “I would love a partner, but I don’t want to hurt you if we do end up sparring.” Kiada admitted a bit sheepishly, her head turning away from him to glance to Khairi in the corner, taking a deep breath before regaining some composure, trying not to remember what his blue pelt felt like against her skin, the feel of his heartbeat and what he smelled like while they embraced. When she looked back at him, she offered a small smile. “I’m willing to try, though.” She added in.

"Talk."
Haipaswi kuwi mshtuko. - You don’t have to be a prick.
Kiada
but god, I look at you and know,
hell is just another place I guess I’ll go,
to keep you warm.

image | coding

@Rixen :D feel free to take the first attack if you want! <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I watched in silence as Kiada paused, facing the pillar to give it a glowering look, loose earth still floating in the air around her ankles. Almost like if she glared long enough, her eyes were cold enough, the pillar would just give in and crumble rather than endure her icy blue gaze. Then her focus snapped away from her stone enemy and she growled something to Khairi, who was also observing her from a short distance away. He had made a laughter-like sound when she was unable to break the marble, and although I could not understand what she’d told him, by the tone of her voice it seemed like the words were a reprimand. Then her expression changed to laughter, possibly a reflection of her amusement at the entire situation. She was still smiling when she must’ve noticed me standing there, and her head turned quickly toward me, though she did not respond immediately. She seemed to thinking of what to say to me, perhaps calculating the best way to explain what I’d just watched. 

"I see," I began, an amused smile spreading across my features as she grasped for the right words, but I didn’t question her further. It was not my aim to embarrass her. Then she pivoted her whole body in my direction, and I nodded slowly as she offered her explanation. The Rift was a dangerous place, however well one knew it, and unexpected dangers lurked at every corner. It was impossible to be over prepared, and well, I simply couldn’t see how it was possible to survive in this place without knowing at least basic actions of self-defense. Fortunately, one of the biggest emphasizes in my homeland was on battle. We were a militaristic herd, and foals learned to fight, to defend themselves, at an early age. A war had broken out not long after my birth, and I’d grown up surrounded by bloodshed. So I knew a move or two - not that I liked to put my skills to use too often. But I could understand their value. 

"We used to spar quite often, in my homeland." I said, giving my entire body a shake to loosen every muscle, before slowly beginning to close the gap between us. "Think I began learning to fight before I could even begin to speak." That may or may not have been true. I couldn’t really remember that far back. Besides, it was more of a rhetorical statement. You know, to get the idea across: war was all too familiar. "Magic is definitely not my area of expertise, considering I don’t have any to fight with. Never even had the chance to rely on it. So I suppose I’m the opposite of you." Perhaps this was a good thing. We could learn from each other. 

I was glad that she seemed happy to spar with me, and though I shared in her worry about somehow hurting one another, I quickly dismissed the thought, not wanting to dwell on it. "Don’t worry about hurting me." I teased, like I was challenging her to even try. I circled back before cantering forward toward the mare again, a signal that the spar had begun. 

At first, I darted in the direction of her left side, as if I were intending to target a blow there. My head was lowered more so than usual, though the antlers on top were not angled in such a way that they could strike a devastating blow. Stride collected, legs in precise control beneath me and ready to move in any direction, each hoof kicked up dirt as it hit the ground. Just as I was heading for Kiada’s left shoulder, or as close to it as she'd allow, I dodged to the right at the last minute in a swift movement that was hopefully unexpected. As I did this, my head snapped up again to avoid collision, and with a grunt my right hoof swung out from under me, aiming to connect with the mare’s right foreleg, just enough to throw her off balance. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Kiada Here we go!

1/3
WC: 683
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}