This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
splish splash, unintentional bath
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Katua
Currently championing: Vjanta
 "I'm fine right here, thank you very much." The spotted woman's voice rang out across the otherwise quiet landscape. She stood beneath the shade of a mangrove tree, her blue eyes staring out at the pool ahead of her. In the very center of the pool one could make out the shape of a head that belonged to none other than her chubby companion. The hippopotamus loved to be in the water and couldn't understand why his bonded seemed so fearful of it.

"It's not so bad." He insisted, but Katua just snorted and shook her head. 

"I said no." Katua repeated. "But you're more than welcome to stay right there for as long as you want." Kwame could spend hours just standing in the water, staring at her and insisting that it wasn't so bad. If the hippopotamus didn't pick the deepest pools possible then there was a small chance that Tutti would join him, but once the water passed her knees it was strictly out of the question.

The spotted girl shifted her weight, resting one hind hoof on its tip, but eventually she grew bored of standing there watching her companion. Her eyelids grew heavy and she soon drifted off to sleep.

Kwame, of course, couldn't let the opportunity that presented itself pass him by. He filled his mouth with water and moved closer to the shorline where Tutti stood sleeping. Once close enough he sprayed the water at his bonded. She responded with a startled shriek and a backwards scramble that sent her tumbling back onto her rump. 

"Kwame!" The girl shouted from awkward sitting position on the ground.  "ilikuwa ni nini?!" The only answer she got from the hippo, of course, was laughter.

Translation:
ilikuwa ni nini? -- what was that for?

"."
Katua
curiosity killed the cat
satisfaction brought it back

image | coding

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
K I A D A
i wish that i could say i am a light that never goes out —
She had travelled from home, from her herd in Halyven, for a reason she couldn’t quite name. Both Khairi and her felt drawn by some strange force of will to simply stretch their legs, reminiscing in their not so far away past of being vagabonds, hidden away and spread across the lands. She remembered this place, however, as they neared. Kiada, swift on her large feet, drifting through as though she were flying like Khairi above – a crowing of excitement escaping his lips with their joyous sprint. This place, yes it was joyous and wonderful.

This was where she met Rixen.

This was where she had first spoken to him, where he had shared his curiosities with her and she had invited him to the Green Labyrinth with her. This was the place that had spurred that terrifying ache in her chest whenever she was near him – that hollow remembrance of his soft velveteen blue pelt against her own bronze ones in the haze of the moonlight. It was special to her, the Tidepools. For all it had shown her and given her, for her first meeting with the man she somehow couldn’t stop thinking of, and for the Mangroves she had sung in her aching voice to relax when they had nearly killed one another.

Perhaps that is why she came, to check on them and make sure they were still safe – to see if Hope’s light had crested across them to make sure they refrained from strangling their brothers. Though as they neared, a strange sound echoed through the wind – something old, something Kiada knew but for a moment couldn’t place. It was feminine, beautiful if not an awkward shout, but Kiada couldn’t place immediately who might bear that voice that spoke her language. Certainly not her mother, she’d know her mother’s voice anywhere. Definitely not Kianzo or her father. With that, her heart sunk slightly and sorrowfully, but hope began to drown it out as she picked up her pace and rushed toward the sound. She raced and raced, her heart pounding in her chest and her mane and tail flying behind her, flecked by the wind and knotting ever so slightly like the trees that thrived here.

And that’s when she saw her, and Khairi’s guttural croon of relief crested the open air. At first, a spotted body and a strange looking creature in the water. She paused in her hurriedness, unable to truly believe the person that stood before her. Had she been here the entire time? Why hadn’t Kiada even searched for her, had she known and not been so torn up after the entry through the Portal? “Katua? Je, ni kweli?” She nearly cried out, her throat tightening as she stared at her sister.

"Talk."

Je, ni kweli? - Is it really you?

— but I   f l i c k e r   from time to time.

x

@Katua have a novel im sorry <3 xD

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Katua
Kwame's laughter stopped abruptly and his expression grew serious as he looked passt his bonded to the trees behind her. "Someone's coming." He warned, but Katua had already righted herself and stood looking in the same direction as her companion. Her heart thudded heavily against her spotted chest as she anticipated what could be barreling in their direction.

Zubari? Poppy? A monster?

Her blue eyes widened in shock and surprise when it was Kiada that revealed herself. She stood for the longest time, her knees locked so she wouldn't collapse in pure relief, just staring. The last time she had seen Kiada had been the day they had all been dumped so haphazardly into the rift. The day her mother died. The day she and Zubari struck out on their own.

She had to be dreaming.

"Kiada." The spotted girl woman breathed her sister's name nonetheless. There was relief in her voice, so much so that she was certain that the other woman would be able to feel it. "Ni kweli mimi." She whispered because she was sure if she spoke any louder she would wake herself from her dream, because surely that was what this was. Why would Kiada look for her? She had been convinced that her beautiful sister hadn't cared enough for her to.

Katua took a hesitant step forward and when the dream didn't waver and she didn't wake she took another. Then another. Soon they were standing nose to nose and the proximity was overwhelming to Tutti's self control. She had been alone for so long that, dream or not, she wanted to feel the touch of someone else. Dream or not she wanted to embrace this apparition of her sister.

And so she did.

Tears pricked her eyes as she hooked her spotted neck over Kiada's golden one and pulled her sister against her shaking chest. 

Translation:
ni kweli mimi - it's really me

"."
Katua
curiosity killed the cat

image | coding

Explorer Kiada
K I A D A
Kiada broke through the trees before lead seemed to fill her legs. Sand sprayed, rocks tumbled, pebbles slid into the small rivers from the riverside. She stood there in shock, surprise, relief, and awe. There was a part of her that was uncertain that this was real and not some imaginary mirage like the Halcyon Flats tended to play on the less strong willed. And yet, she couldn’t move forward. She couldn’t afford the idea that it was a cruel joke played on her by the Rift – something that could be so tangible yet impossible to reach. Lead continued to fill her feet, keeping her from moving forward.

She didn’t have to, however, Katua spoke, the sound a beautiful chime in addition to a rather nice day of Freeze. Her heart thudded louder and louder as the spotted woman began to step toward her. “Ni kweli mimi.” Her sister said and Kiada’s knees wobbled slightly. Tears burned her eyes, the silver lining her white rimmed eyes as she simply stared. They were so close now, sharing each other’s breath, close enough to touch and yet Kiada was terrified. What if everything went wrong? What if she touched her and Katua vanished? What if this was a dream? Again, Kiada didn’t have to take the first step, for Katua broke the distance and hooked her in for a hug. Suddenly, the lead in her legs gave out and she crashed into her sister. Golds and blacks melding together with the embrace, twitching hides finding rest against one another. Kiada’s own head swung over the golden woman’s shoulders and hugged her tighter as well.

Kila mtu amekwenda. Sikufikiri ningependa kuona mtu yeyote tena.” She breathed against her sister’s shoulder, her voice cracking against the thought of everyone she had lost. All of her own siblings, her friends, their father even. Tears slipped from her eyes, turning the ivory along her face to a darkened cream, and making the black an even richer hue. “Are you okay? Have you been here the whole time? I could have searched more for you.” She questioned, pulling back to survey her sister for any harm.

"Talk."

Kila mtu amekwenda. Sikufikiri ningependa kuona mtu yeyote tena. - Everyone is gone. I didn’t think I’d see anyone again.

x

@Katua -screaming- <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Katua
Kiada didn't disappear. She was solid. She was warm. Most importantly, she was real.

The sheer amount of relief and joy that Katua felt was overwhelming her. For the longest time she had resigned herself to the reality that it would be just her and Kwame and that she wouldn't see any of her family again. Whatever gods the Rift had seemed to be smiling on her, though, because there was Kiada. Hugging her. Seeming to be just as happy to see her as she was.

"Wapi kila mtu?" She asked shakily. The answer she received mere moments later made her cling to her sister that much tighter. Everyone was gone. Their family had been so big and now it was just the two of them? Where had everyone gone to? Where they still alive? Had they all found a way to escape from the Rift? "Sikufikiri nitaona mtu yeyote tena."

Tears slipped from her eyes, slowly following the black lines on her face before falling onto Kiada's coat.  She could feel Kiada pulling back and held tighter to her for just a moment before finally relinquishing her hold and stepping back. "I'm okay. What about you?" Her eyes scanned over her sister's hide and, to Katua's relief, she appeared to be healthy and whole.

The next set of questions made Katua pause. Kiada would have looked for her? She tried not to look as surprised as she felt, but she'd always assumed that Kiada hadn't liked her. "I have. Zubari and I got separated and I haven't been able to find him." The spotted mare finally answered. "Its ... I'm so happy to see you again."

Translation:
wapi kila mtu? - where is everyone?
Sikufikiri nitaona mtu yeyote tena. - I didn't think I would see anyone again, either.

"."
Katua
curiosity killed the cat

image | coding

Explorer Kiada
K I A D A
Wapi kila mtu?” Her sister questioned and the first thought Kiada had was crawling under a rock. Gone, gone, gone, far away or lost in the land as well. She tried to bury her face deeper into her sister’s spotted pelt before she spoke again. Sniffling slightly, Kiada nodded against the soft silkiness of Katua’s pelt. “Hii ni kweli.” She admitted quietly, feeling the dampness along her scarred withers from Katua’s own tears before the Harpy stepped back to fully gaze upon her sister.

Katua was fine, thankfully; and the question was sent back to her. At first Kiada wanted to tell her about the wound she received in the Portal – but Katua was there, she might remember it. If not, the X marking was still etched into her skin. At least it no longer hurt. So Kiada looked to her sister with wide, tear damp glacial eyes and offered a small smile of relief. “I’m living in a herd now.” She said quietly, hopeful that Katua might be more intrigued by it. When they arrived, there wasn’t a such thing as a herd here – but so much time had passed, they were nearly three years old! Time had flown by while they had remained mostly on their own.

Then her sister was speaking of searching for Zubari, and Kiada’s own heart yearned for her sibling. She was in the same boat, Kianzo gone once again to the clutches of the dark world. “Kianzo, Safiri, Mbwena, and Vulia are gone too.” She added in, a small frown crossing her lips. “I think it’s just us right now.” She admitted in a quieter voice, but Katua’s voice rung out once more. “I’m so happy to see you again.” Kiada nodded her head fervently in agreement. “I didn’t know you were out here. Everyone left and so much has changed, I didn’t even think to continue trying.” She admitted rather sheepishly, turning her inky head away from her sister in perhaps a bit of shame.

Yes, once when Kiada was younger, she would’ve completely ignored Zubari and Katua. She had met them when her own brother was missing for the first time. She hadn’t cared to get to know them. But then everything happened, teal flashing lights of misery and separation and panic had changed the golden woman. Now, she wanted to cling onto everything she could. “I’m so happy to see you too. I can bring you back to the herd if you want to come?” She asked, her eyes hopeful and gleaming from the glaze of tears. “Please don’t say no.” She thought. “I can’t keep losing everyone after they just come back.

"Talk."

Hii ni kweli - this is real

x

@Katua <3333

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Katua
A herd? To say that Katua was surprised to hear that there was a herd was an understatement. She'd been so caught up in her own world trying to find her brother that she hadn't even considered that Helovia's survivors would create a herd and live amongst themselves again. "Really?" She caught herself asking even though she knew that Kiada wouldn't lie about such a thing. "Where is it? How big is it?"

Tutti frowned when Kiada began listing off their siblings, saying they'd all gone missing. They had to be around somewhere, she was sure, she just didn't know where to start looking for them. "What about your mom? Is she gone, too? And Poppy?" Part of her suspected that their father hadn't made it out of Helovia, but she hoped and prayed that he had.

"I think it's just us right now."

Those words cemented the fact that it was just them. "Kisha tutafanya fimbo pamoja." Tutti replied with a confident nod of her head. They had a lot in common, the two of them. Dorobian blood flowed through their veins, they were refugees, survivors. They were two halves of a whole, each one missing its other half, but not anymore. They might not have been twins, but they could stick together and complete one another and be whole again.

"Its okay." Katua said, a bright smile lighting up her face. "What matters is that we found each other.We don't have to be alone anymore." And that was probably the most beautiful thing in that moment. They finally had part of their family back. "Of course I want to go back with you." She answered when Kiada invited her along. How could she say no when she had finally found her sister?

Translation:
Kisha tutafanya fimbo pamoja. - then we'll stick together.

"."
Katua
curiosity killed the cat

image | coding

Explorer Kiada
K I A D A
Katua began speaking of the herd, and Kiada’s smile grew a bit brighter at the idea. Despite having lost nearly everyone, things were okay in terms of having a home to return to. At least a place to refresh before continuing their searches. “We aren’t very big yet.” She began, admitting to Katua with a quiet voice. “Maybe ten horses, give or take.” The Harpy tried to recall all the faces she had seen during the meeting, but was sure some would have slipped her mind. “We’re starting from the ground up, so.” She trailed off, shaking her head slightly and hoping it wouldn’t be a deterrent for her sibling.

Then, Katua asked about her mother and their father. A small frown crossed her lips at the thought of her missing father. “My mother is around. I’m not sure where. I have yet to find her again and bring her to Halyven. Baba is missing, but my mother said she’d seen him just as he came through the Portal with Kianzo.” She offered quietly, a bit solemnly as she thought Katua and Zubari’s own mother hadn’t made it through. Reaching out toward her sister, she aimed to press her muzzle gently against her spotted shoulder as a way to try and soothe her with the news.

The next words out of Katua’s lips brought music to Kiada’s ears, of sticking together. Bobbing her head along she agreed with all of her heart. They were in this together, now. Now that they had each other again. Katua then said that she’d be willing to go back with her, and it was those words that spurred Kiada’s heart into an even further rapid beat. “It’s not too far from here! Come, I’ll take you there.” She added, a grin widening her pink splotched lips. Then, glancing behind her to see the hippo, she offered it a roguish smile. “We might even be able to find some water there for you, too.” She added in while Khairi crooned his own agreement in the trees high above.

Then, she turned, making sure her sister was with her to lead her back to the Kingdom of Halyven.

"Talk."

Baba - Father

x

@Katua AHHH <3 after you post we can archive it and start the one in Halyven! <33 IM SOOO HAPPY

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Katua
curiosity killed the cat . satisfaction brought it back
Honestly, Katua didn't care how big or small the herd was, that didn't matter to her one bit. The only thing that truly mattered was that she finally had part of her family back. It might not have been the sibling she had been looking for and longing for the most - and Kiada was probably in the same boat as she was - but it was still amazing and wonderful nonetheless. The longer she stood there with her sister the wider her smile grew. "That doesn't matter to me." The spotted girl finally spoke up when her sister appeared hesitant and doubtful when she revealed just how many horses were in the herd. "There could be as few as three or as many as a thousand and I would still go with you." She reached out to touch her muzzle to Kiada's shoulder. "We're sisters, family. We stick together."

Tutti breathed a sigh of relief when Kiada revealed that her mother was still around and that their father had made it through the portal, he just ... hadn't been seen since. She guessed that was better than not knowing ... or losing him in Helovia like she had lost her mother. Her ears perked at the mention of Kianzo making it through, too. "We can look for Zubari and Kianzo together." She offered. "They've got to be around here somewhere." Horses didn't just disappear, right? At one point Katua would have believed that notion to be true, but after Kaos and portals and magic and everything in between she wasn't so sure anymore.

"It's not too far from here! Come, I'll take you there."

"Come along, Kwame!" Tutti called cheerfully as she turned her head to look at the hippopotamus. He had already hauled his bulk from the water and wandered up behind her as she stood talking to Kiada. She could feel his excitement and relief when Kiada told him that they would find him some water and she giggled. "He's ready." She announced and turned to follow her sister home.

"."

Translation:
none

ooc:// sorry for the wait!
Tutti
littlewillow-art | table style by Kiki