This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
sounds like hallelujah
Private Aurora Tundra 
Aedion
Currently championing: Reszo
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
yet the monster who took your place was silent —
If there was someone that appreciated stories like Aedion did, it was Korri. The man watched, eyes bright and ears thirsty as he leaned in. Easily Aedion offered the information, to help sway the man toward whichever moral compass he chose. Preferably, the one that chose justice. Soon, as his tale was done and the anger began to dissipate briefly at having told the burden he bore, his gaze shifted to the honey hued man lazily. “I suppose you’re right.” His deep baritone voice rumbled as he glanced away, uncertain of how to take that response.

But Korri’s next set of words were exactly what the Wolf wanted to hear. His head swiveled back, the teal fur glistening under the brilliant lights overhead. “I would appreciate that.” He chuckled with another toothy grin, though slightly smaller than before. Yet Korri wasn’t done – no, he found that the small pegasus was good at gathering information and it had Aedion’s head swirling through all the possibilities. A deep resonating chuckle toward the man at the smirk cast his way of the wayward hero and wolf comment. “Indeed it is. I could use the help if you’re willing. I can’t offer much, but I can offer protection should you ever need it.” He offered thoughtfully before standing back on all four paws, standing at his proud height of nineteen hands.

I don’t know exactly where they’ve gone to. It’s hard to find out who came from where, also.” He murmured thoughtfully before glancing back to Korri. “You announced where you came from before I had to ask, which is why this turned out a lot nicer than I had originally anticipated. Mostly it’s just trying to figure out who came from where that I’m after, and descriptions.” He added in, a smirk sent Korri’s way. “I’d appreciate any and all information you can gather.

"Talk."

— you are a weapon; and weapons don't weep.

x

@Korri <3 :D

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
THE MONSTER WHO TOOK YOUR PLACE WAS SILENT.
YOU ARE A WEAPON, AND WEAPONS DON'T WEEP.
Korri
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

Strange, really: Korri had come north expecting to find one companion and finding another instead. Well, perhaps not a companion, but… an ally. A potential ally. The wolf's story intrigued him. He couldn't exactly hear it and walk away… So he merely shook his head at Aedion's offer, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Oh, I can take care of myself. I appreciate the offer, though. You can consider my interest…. a personal one if you'd like. Conquerors just piss me off." He made an expression and maybe a faint noise that passed for a self-deprecating laugh. As if to indicate it's silly, I know but if he could kill every king in every world it would not be enough to wipe his father's face out of his mind.

But it might feel good while he did it.

"I don't believe I've heard the word before, but I am certain some of the people I know must have at least a passing familiarity with Helovia. I'm going to go and find out what I can. Maybe some of it will be of use to you." Korri tilted his head southward, thoughtful. And then? He wasn't seriously considering sticking his neck out for this stranger… It was something else. Something like bloodlust, or just — justice. He had to decide for himself if vengeance was indeed an appropriate name for Aedion's desire. And then, because vengeance was the noble course… perhaps he would continue to help, overtly or no. He nodded, something closing off in his eyes.

"If it isn't… Well. Let's not trade promises until we meet again, shall we?" He swung his head back toward Aedion. "Maybe you should think about what you plan on doing to your enemies if you should find them, though."

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground
Aedion
A E D I O N
you died screaming,
yet the monster who took your place was silent —
Korri was growing on Aedion, and increasingly more with every second that passed between them. His great fuzzy head bobbed in agreement toward his conquerors statement, a deep chuckle resonated from his lips. “Agreed.” He answered calmly, glancing back down to his small companion, honey in hue compared to the teal his fuzzy body had become. After a few moments, however, he felt his rage slipping away and the wolf returning to the cover of night. Muscle shifted and contorted, his large body returning to his winged form and he tucked the barred appendages neatly into his back as he glanced to Korri.

They should, lots of them made it over. It wouldn’t surprise me to know just how many there are, some might even remain hidden away. It’s hard to tell.” He pondered thoughtfully. “I’ve been stuck up here for a year since they came, I’m not sure what could have happened to them.” His shoulders shrugged briefly before offering Korri another roguish grin. “I do look forward to hearing back from you.” He added in for a moment, but the second sentence from Korri caused Aedion’s grin to turn positively bloodthirsty.

Oh I’ve had many years to think about it, little bird.” He rumbled, winking at Korri from his scarred, milky eye. “Until we meet again.” Then, he began to move, picking up speed and stretching his large teal wings out beside him, he took off but remained close to the ground in case of any mishaps, then soon enough his dark shape was gone.

"Talk."

— you are a weapon; and weapons don't weep.

x

@Korri <3 Aedion out! :D Thanks for the thread Kae <3

YOU DIED SCREAMING, YET,
THE MONSTER WHO TOOK YOUR PLACE WAS SILENT.
YOU ARE A WEAPON, AND WEAPONS DON'T WEEP.
Korri
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

Privately, Korri wondered if Aedion could have been more proactive in this endeavor. Were he in the wolf's place... Well, Korri supposed he shouldn't judge, but he remembered too easily how satisfying it had been to see the Ísbirnir tearing through his father's men as if they were made of brittle ice. How nice it must be to have sharp teeth of one's own. How strange to decide against using them.

But Korri merely nodded. He was interested, if not invested. He had no desire to ally himself with these Helovians, so even if he decided not to help Aedion, it was in his interest to do his own research. His thoughts were already busy with this as Aedion turned to leave. Then, a surprise — the melting of wolf's features into those of a pegasus once more. The great sweep of the barred wings.

Aedion was handsome in the glow of the lights.

Korri would never say this, and upon making the observation he immediately filed it away as unimportant, but he did think it. His head lifted a little as he watched the other pegasus leave, flight path skimming low over the pale tundra. "Until then," he said quietly. His gaze lingered on Aedion's retreating form until the darkness swallowed it up. Then, with a small shake, Korri turned himself southward. Back the way he'd come. Still without Auga. But, perhaps with something to occupy his thoughts until he found her...

He glanced back once in the direction the wolf had gone. Considered thrusting himself into the air. Decided against it. Walking was better for thinking, in all honesty. So Korri closed his wings and let his hooves lead him down the tundra for the time being as he considered where he ought to start.

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

@Aedion ! <3

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground