This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Another cog in the murder machine
RP Wanted The Portal 
Baal
Currently championing:
Baal Raum
If there was ever a time when she had felt completely loss, and confused; it was n o w. Baal felt as though she had just awoken from a deep slumber; like a newborn, she was n a k e d, c o l d and v u l n e r a b l e. Of course, Baal Raum would never admit this willingly to anyone. It's so dark. She thought to herself, her forest green eyes looked over everything. She knew she was in what seemed to be a forest; but h o w did she get t h e r e? She had faint memories of what had happened back home, but they felt so distant. Her mane and tail were damp, from the mist that curled like this vines around the trees. Smoke pooled at her hooves like puddles. Baal summoned up all the energy she had, and stood. Her legs wobbled for the first few seconds, and then stabilized. Not one to stay in one place for too long; Baal made sure to hurry along. She didn't walk as quickly as she normally would have- the smoke and mist clouded her vision. The only light for guidance she had was the blinking neon purple lights. Baal tossed her head to the side, in an attempt to get the hair out of her eyes, but the hair was stuck to the side of her face and head, until she could get to a place with low moisture. "Where the actual fuck am I?" There was a hint of anger and frustration in her voice. Anger, because she quickly realized that she must have been captured and then put in some crazy maze where she'd starve to death and then be eaten by a herd of cannibalistic horses. Frustration came about because she couldn't quite figure out how to get out of said maze.

Everywhere the demoness turned, whether it be left or right, she seemed to be met by a void. Slowly, she'd tread in the direction of the void, seeing as no one way was different. The deeper into the darkness she went, the more blinking purple lights there were. She could begin to just barely make out the vines and thick tree branches, and the seemingly black leaves The darkness used to be deafening, but she began to pick up the subtle sounds of voices. The darkness went from feeling cold, and unwelcoming, to warm; like a blanket of warmth almost. Her heart was thumping in her ears but Baal was determined to keep calm; she h a d to keep calm.

"Talk."

Woman King
image || coding

Mutation: She has glowing white splashes on her body. The white splashes glow subtly during the day, and brightly at night.

Magic: If she presses her body up against a tree she can hear any conversation that happened in that area from the past day. However, if she does this she cannot speak for the next hour.

Magic #2: Can transform into a bat for 10 minutes, but passes out afterward.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
You feel a strange presence. It’s dark. Damp. Cold. Alluring. Though you cannot see anything, the sensation of it being there, watching your every movement, makes the skin beneath your fur tingle. It breathes over your shoulder in the form of a frigid, swirling mist. It analyzes you carefully, for you are in its domain; it knows and accepts all who come here. Its eyes are watching you, waiting eagerly to see how your story will unfold...
“Talk.”
the Rift

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Baal |

Magic #1:
Knowledge: If she presses her body up against a tree she can hear any conversation that happened in that area from the past day. However, if she speaks within the following hour, the reverberation of her voice slowly kills any vegetation around her.
The rift slightly alters your magic.

Magic #2:
The rift devours your magic.

Mutations:
Type: White splashes cover her body; they glow subtly during the day, and brightly at night.

Welcome to the Rift! :)
» Presence of the Rift «

Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

Frost was a bad season for soaring. Korri was accustomed to the emptiness of cold air under his wings, but it still frustrated him. Fewer rising thermals to push him easily skyward, more winds threatening to toss him this way and that, needles of cold biting into the skin beneath his feathers. He flew bedecked in his fullest cold-weather coat, the double layers protecting him from the worst of the cold, but up in the air he still felt it — a constant distraction.

He could not afford to be distracted.

Today, despite the cold, the white cloaking the trees and the plumes of his breath wreathing his muzzle, Korri returned to the Portal. He hadn't been instructed to do so; he had received little in the way of instruction from the crowns of Halyven thus far. But he thought he could probably make this trip into something potentially useful to the herd, and — well, this was the closest he could get to the place he'd last seen Auga. His raven's absence remained a vicious hole in his heart. A wound. He was no longer complete.

So, he was not looking for anyone as he flew overhead. He would say he was if anyone important asked him, but truly he scanned the sky, the trees, the swirling mist for any sign of those familiar black wings. His ears strained for the hoarse croak of her voice. His thoughts swarmed in search of her, reaching and reaching — Where the fuck are you?

He was not looking for anyone, but someone was all he found.

Strange, from the sky: something like a faint light. Korri had seen similar markings on the Rift's citizens before, but never in such abundance. His curiosity pulled him around in a loop and he descended, his wings tilting and folding automatically. He dipped below the canopy some ways away from the sight, forced into the distance by the tight weave of the Portal's boughs, but his landing today was much more graceful than the one he'd made on his last visit.

Tucking his wings, shuffling them a bit with anticipation, he trotted quickly in the direction of the light. It wasn't so very far — he glimpsed the source after a few moments of searching. And then he slowed. Ears up, expression wary and attentive, but friendly. Curious. The stranger was, of course, quite a bit larger than he (wasn't everyone?) and they were, indeed, glowing. It lent them a sort of ethereal look, and Korri found himself wondering if it was a mere aesthetic choice or an indication of something more.

He paused a polite distance away, his head tilted just slightly in overt curiosity, and made a little nod. "Hello!" he called, cheer injected automatically into his voice. From his initial assessment of the stranger, he made a single assumption: she was new, or at least lost. The way she peered around at the trees, the way the mists clung to her form.... As if the Rift assessed her even now. It was unnerving, the amount of personality in this place, especially the Portal, but Korri found it more fascinating than frightening. He would, of course, be even more fascinated if he weren't distracted by the absence of his bird....

But he couldn't concentrate too hard on that. He had company. "I suspect you're a bit lost; am I right? I can help you, if you'd like. My name is Korri. I am a messenger from the Kingdom of Halyven." Unnerving, almost, how right that sounded. I belong to Halyven, as if he was only someone so long as he had the title, the tag, the mention of belonging attached. He could analyze that particular anomaly later, though. As it was, he stood awaiting a response, hoping for something positive.

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground
Baal
Currently championing:
Baal Raum
After a while of being here, the warm feeling of the darkness vanished; and she felt cold. It felt as if cold, damp hands had been pressed all around her body. She felt uneasy, and w a t c h e d. It made her realize once more that she was not home, that she was trapped. Trapped, but not alone.

"Hello!" The voice was cheerful, belonging to a male. It startled Baal slightly, making her twitch her ears. One hoove stepped around the other as Baal turned in a circle, towards the source of the voice. Her head lowered slightly so she could see eye-to-eye with the beast. He looked like a strand of wheat. His muzzle was slightly darker than the rest of his head and body, but still wheat colored. Or, at least that's what she thought he looked like. Looking over his body she saw that he was bulit similarly to her mother; slender, graceful. He possesed wings, in a similar shade to his body, except the right wing had some black feathers. Interesting. I've never seen someone like him.

"Hello." She was wary, her piercing green eyes staring at him. She was trying to assess whether or not she trusted him enough to get her out of this maze; but honestly, the woman had no choice. The muscles in her glowing body relaxed, and the regal posture she usually possesses returned. Pieces of her ash grey mane fell forward into the side of her eye, her ears were positioned forward as she listened to him. A kingdom? There was a kingdom here? Her heart began to fill with rage, and it flashed temporary in her eyes, but then she heard the name. "Halyven?" She repeated a whisper to herself. "You must have much knowledge of the land, no?" The foreigner motioned to his wings.

Baal was too proud to ask for help directly, but she would hint at it. Afterall, she was so terribly lost, and she wished desperately to return to the sea. To return h o m e. She did not belong here, she knew she didn't. She belonged home, on her little island. With her people, and no matter how much of an asshole her father is as a ruler and man; she wanted him with her. Baal craved familiarity. "My name is Baal. Baal Raum. My Kingdom...is far away from this place." She sneered, but not at him, at the place she was in. Baal was truly starting to hate this place. How dirty, and dark it was. The dampness, the mist, and smoke. She wanted out. "You remind me of wheat." Her voice was smooth, barely above a whisper. It was h o n e y.  A small smile crawled onto her face, flashing the ivory teeth she had.

"Talk."

Woman King
image || coding
Korri

The stranger's voice was cool. Pleasant — a pool of dark water. But she regarded Korri with veiled skepticism. He did not necessarily take offense. It was the wise thing to do here in this place. Fortunately, she did not seem prepared to attack, though he noticed the slight — so very slight — change in her expression as he mentioned Halyven. Here curiosity glinted an answer in his own eyes. Hadn't he felt something so very similar when he first learned about the kingdom of Halyven? Where had she come from? It could not have been a place like Osslen. Her build was all wrong — but.... But.

Korri nodded as she repeated the name back to him, but he laughed lightly in answer to her second question. "To be perfectly honest, I haven't been here very long. This place is called the Rift. It.... takes things. Like you! And like myself. I was here in this very forest not long ago. The natives call in the Portal." He wondered if this was a lot to take in. But she had keen eyes, this mare. He suspected she would understand it all. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to try asking, Korri also added, "Actually, I returned here in search of my friend. She's a raven with one eye. Maybe you've seen her?" He tilted his head, feigning mild interest though the strings of his heart sang with hope. Please. Though he doubted any positive answer. No one had seen Auga. Auga was good at not being seen when she wished.

So what was she doing?

He fell silent, meditative, before the stranger spoke her own name. Baal Raum. A strange twist of syllables to Korri's ears. He blinked, shoving away his frustration with his own situation yet again. He needed to gain some emotional traction, stop thinking about Auga (though how to stop?). "A pleasure to meet you, he responded pleasantly. "My Kingdom...is far away from this place." Korri nodded as she said that. He thought, though he wasn't sure, he detected a hint of sorrow in her voice. A hint of fury as her tongue rolled over this place. Understandable. She must have come from somewhere she loved. Somewhere good. And what must that be like?

"You remind me of wheat." Her next statement took him entirely by surprise. Korri started, his eyes going wide. Wheat? He blinked at her a moment before he laughed — sincere laughter. "Is that so?" Thoughtfully, Korri shuffled the wing tipped with dark feathers. "They say our mother goddess' blood ran strongest in my father's line. That is why we shine this way...." Something veiled in his eyes as his voice lowered. There had been nothing holy about his father, Korri was sure. And nothing holy about himself. He snorted.

"To be honest, my own birth home is also far from this place." He left out the bit about it being underwater now. "I don't know of any way to leave the Rift once entering, unfortunately. You're welcome to return to Halyven with me, if you like. Some there have been here much longer than I have. They may be able to help you. And there's safety in numbers, if nothing else." He realized he wasn't selling Halyven very well, but he felt a strange compulsion to be at least partially honest with Baal. He didn't know how trustworthy they were. How good. He wore their name alongside his for now, but he had worn other names in the past. He couldn't.... in truth, he couldn't tell her anything other than what he just had.

unsplash

Baal
Currently championing:
Baal Raum
Baal noticed the glint of curiosity in his eyes. The intrigument. She made a mental note of that. Easily intrigued. To be completely honest with herself, her memories of her homeland was, to be frank, distant. They came back in flashes, vivid flashes. Memories of festivals, feasts. Memories of being a Princess, of being wealthy. The second she would begin to reminise, they would leave. Her memories of home were fleeting; and she was lucky if she could remember anything as vividly as her father.

Laughter, it snapped her out of her trance, and she looked at him, flashing a tiny smile. He admitted to being new to this place as well. The Portal. It made sense like he said; it took things. In her case, it took her, and her memories. She felt as though a portion of herself was missing but she was not sure what. In his case, it took a friend. A one-eyed raven? Baal wanted to laugh, but she had masted self-control and didn't. Besides, she could see that he was hoping, desperately for Baal to say that she had seen her. Auga. Baal looked to the sky, clicking her tongue. "Auga...Auga. A Raven..." Baal slowly shook her head. "Unfortunetely, I have not seen your friend. My apologies." What must that be like? To have a companion? Baal was always one to be rather self-sufficient. She never needed many friends or much attention. She never needed someone to bounce ideas off of. Baal was her own friend, and she was content with that.

She dipped her head to the wheat colored fellow; despite not being the nicest person, manners were important to her. You do not get what you want if you do not have manners. "The pleasure is mine, truly." She lifted her head, shaking it ever so slightly to the left side, to get her name out of her eyes. The white and black female looked at the beast. He seemed to be distracted like his mind was not fully here. Perhaps he was wondering about his friend? Cold green eyes blinked- it mattered not to her. It was none of her business.  The man laughed at her comment about wheat, but she was struck by surprise when he mentioned a mother goddess. A descendant of a goddess? Then he snorted, it seemed to come from distain..or maybe just annoyance, whatever it may be, Baal decided not to question further.

"I cannot leave Rift? I see..." She was saddened by this, saddened that she was ripped from her kingdom against her will. However, that meant she wouldn't have to see her father, take on the responsibility just yet. She saw this as sort of a silver lining. She inhaled sharply...and then exhaled. She nodded. He offered her to return with him to his kingdom, the Kingdon of Halyven. Baal stared at him, analyzing, thinking. He said that there were others there, some have been here longer than they have; they may help. An opportunity to go home, perhaps, but at the same time, an opportunity for growth, to work towards the top. Ambition flashed in her eyes. "I suppose...returning with you would be my best option." She said, coyly.  However, she couldn't help but feel like this was a betrayal; to herself, to her homeland. "I must take some time to think." She shakes her head. "I had a duty in my homeland, I was an heir to the throne. You must understand..." She wasn't assuming that he was an heir, she was assuming that he could understand where she was coming from. The stallion seemed competent enough to understand.
"Talk."

Woman King
image || coding

@Korri
Korri

Korri found he liked something about this mare, though he couldn't decide exactly what it was. He wanted to like her, though. She seemed intelligent. Intelligent with a knife edge. Just polite enough. Just conversational enough. Not ever really giving anything away. Which, of course, made him eager to learn more about her.... if only to say he could.

Korri nodded, his wings lifting slightly in a little shrug as she told him she had not seen Auga. No one had, of course. But he was obligated to ask.

Baal took the news about her inability to leave the Rift very well, Korri thought. Better, actually, than he had taken it. Was still taking it. Or maybe she was upset, and merely hiding it.... He couldn't tell. He watched her until she agreed that her best option was to accompany him, though she seemed reluctant. Korri nodded at her words, though resentment swelled inside him in response to the last statement. Must I? he thought a little bitterly. So heavy were the burdens of kings.... He was instantly a little less interested in knowing her, at all.

But he let none of that show in his face. Or in his tone, when he spoke. "Of course! You would have no obligation to remain in Halyven should you decide to visit. You may speak with my herdmates and then go on your way, if you desire. It's entirely up to you, of course." He supposed, if he wished to make the offer a little more strongly, he might turn to go after saying that. But he did not. He waited, curious to see what she would do. What she would say.

unsplash

ooc// He didn't actually say Auga's name out loud! Apologies if that was confusing.

Baal
Currently championing:
Baal Raum
Baal noticed the lifting of his wings, and the shrug that followed after her admitting to not seeing Auga; she flashed a small symphathetic smile. "Eventually, they will be found." Baal says, offering rare comfort to the stallion. The poor boy was nice enough to offer Baal the opportunity of a home, the least she could do was offer symphathy for the loss of his feathered friend.

The thought of joining, or even returning to the herd to "visit"(As he had put it) was tempting; seductive even. Baal let a small sigh slip from her lips, she looked down at the ground, kicking at a pebble with her hoove. What should she do? What was the wrong thing to do? Baal, was a complicated creature. She had morals but did not act on them. She was a wild child, Baal had never faced a time in her life when a definitive answer had to be given, except, maybe, for now. Piercing emerald orbs looked at Korri, thinking. Slowly, a honey-like voice poured out from her mouth. "Korri." She said, strongly, her tail lifting to come against her hocks. She could not wait to get out of the Portal. She was growing to hate it, even more, every second they spent talking.

Baal found that Korri was pleasant, he seemed levelheaded, smart, not one to ask many questions. She liked other equines who didn't interrogate everyone they met. But even then, the mare was wary. She lifted one of her hind legs, and then put it back down, a sign of tiredness. "I suppose I'll go with you...to visit," she shifted her head, acting preoccupied with the pebble she had previously kicked. "Perhaps, I'll stay." Then she looked up, suddenly a little more serious than before. "I would like to know more about the tiers, or ranks of your kingdom. Perhaps you have a specialty in a field of my interest." Baal tilted her head, and cleared her throat, awaiting a response from Korri.

He could be a friend. Perhaps.

Woman King
image || coding

@Korri ooc// Ah! My apologies x3
Korri

Something softened in Baal's face. Kind words given forth. Maybe a flicker of surprise crossed Korri's face. He felt one, anyway, though he quickly thrust it away. He couldn't be sure of any sincerity; he didn't know her well enough. And past experiences spoke poorly of most strangers. Still, Korri was vaguely optimistic. A bit curious despite the occasional haughtiness of her words. Or perhaps (just a little) because of it. What must it be like to be royalty? Proper royalty? And not someone's dirty secret? The familiar specter of jealousy a strangling vine around his heart.

His ears came up expectantly as she said his name. Steel in her voice — as if she had reached a decision. But he saw the pain of indecision lingering on her face. Korri didn't understand it, really. What was the harm in seeing what the only kingdom in the Rift held in store? If she decided to declare them enemies, even, she would at least go understanding something of their numbers and their culture. Korri didn't understand it, but he blinked at her politely nonetheless, a small smile twitching at the edges of his features.

"I don't think you'll regret it!" he chirped. Only then did he turn, tail flicking, shaking out his limbs. It occurred to him suddenly Baal lacked wings — they would have to walk. A longer return trip than expected, but not terribly long. Halyven lay relatively near the Portal.

"I'll tell you on the way," Korri called over his shoulder, and paused to ensure she followed. "As far as I know, Halyven is quite young — so far as kingdoms go. The leaders are Roscorro and Rixen, both fair men." Maybe she wouldn't notice the brief (so very brief) shadow flitting through Korri's eyes. A memory: Roscorro barreling down after him out of the sky, talons reaching. Korri shook his head. Fair. What did that mean where kings were concerned? "Under their leadership, there are scouts — like me — warriors, healers, crafters…. To be honest, there's a need for skilled practitioners in all disciplines. I'm certain you would be welcomed if you did decide to say. You seem like an intelligent woman." Korri glanced back at her again, his expression friendly. "Did you have a particular occupation in your past life?" he asked. And then, with a faint, sly smile, "Aside from waiting for some king to die?

unsplash

ooc// I can start a thread for them in Halyven if you'd like :)

Baal
Currently championing:
Baal Raum
Baal had a sudden rush of memory; flashes of nights around a fire. Whispering. A golden cloak. The black, towering figure of her father. Her memories came back to her, all of them, in a few seconds. She shook her head quickly, coming back to her senses. She watched as his ears came up, listening to her speak. A smile. Korri seemed please with her answer, claiming that she wouldn't regret it. I have a feeling I will. Baal thought to herself, chuckling softly. She was still very obviously conflicted, part of her didn't want to do this. The other agreed with Korri, there was, in fact, safety in numbers, if nothing more. Korri turned, rather swiftly, away from Baal. He begain to walk.

Baal followed closely behind him, listening to him talk about the leaders. Rixen and Roscorro. Baal found herself mouthing the names, making a mental note of them. A herd led by two men was something that she had never seen, or even heard of. Much less of them being fair. "I'm not used to fair leaders. Never had them." Baal says rather bluntly. It was the truth; her grandfather founded her kingdom on the fundamentals of war and discipline. As a result; leaders in any rank were either bloodthirsty spawns of Satan, or just plain rude and bitter. It's safe to say that in Baal's case. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She was actually treated more brutally than the rest of her "class", or group born around the same time. The daughter of her father's favorite wife; she had a lot of pressure growing up to be perfect, and nothing less.

Korri called Baal intelligent. For a moment, she rolled her eyes. Intelligent? Of course, she was, she was perfect, or just about as perfect as one could be. Nonetheless, she nodded her head at him slightly when he glanced back at her. My occupation? Wreaking hell on the commoners. Baal thought to herself, as she looked up from the ground. She picked up her speed to match Korri's before answering. "I suppose you could call me a diplomat. My father was..." she trailed off, memories flashed of wars caused by failed diplomatic missions caused by her father's careless choice of words. "He was not the best at negotiations." She nodded. Not the best was an understatement. Baal snorted, shaking her head. Waiting for some king to die?

"My father had multiple wives. Multiple wives meant multiple foals." Baal continued, "While waiting for him to die, I competed with the others for his attention...and the rank of Heiress." Life for Baal was always a competition. Always. Baal couldn't quite remember a time when she did not compete for something. Perhaps as a newborn...yes. As a newborn, she didn't have to compete for warmth and love; it was simply given. As she got older, such things became more sparse. Baal's green eyes glanced over at Korri. What about him? He hinted at being royalty, were all kingdoms the same? Did every heir have a shitty dad, or was it just her? Quickly, she averted her gaze back to the ground, watching her steps.
"Talk"

Woman King
image || coding

@Korri occ// If you could that'd be great!