This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
you look like yourself
Open Halyven  Korri's joining post!
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta

KIADA
troy falls a thousand times
in every dream i dream

The Harpy was infinitely pleased with the idea that Korri would accompany her to the herd, accepting her offer to lead him there to recuperate before setting off to find his companion. Even Khairi was pleased, situated on her back before they fully set off as Korri cracked a joke and apologized about his smaller legs. A small laugh left Kiada’s lips at that, a short dip of her head in acknowledgement. “Nothing to be sorry for. My mother was shorter than I am. I took after my father in that regard.” She offered him kindly before the two of them set off.

It wasn’t a huge trek to Halyven – not like the trek from the Tidepools to the Labyrinth she had done with Rixen. And for that, she was somewhat happy. There was only so much in terms of conversation, especially someone new, so she tried to speak up some about the weather and variable things as such. But as they crested over the mountains and the spread of Halyven awaited them, she paused to make sure Korri was with her. When she had, she offered him a brilliant smile before gesturing with her dark inky head toward the land within the mountains. “This is Halyven. We’re still a very new herd, but our main goal is repairing the land and making it suitable to live for a long while.” She offered him easily, smiling down upon her home and her city.

Then, she began the trek to the alleyways of the ivory ruins – perhaps a bit of a pep in her step from her excitement. It felt like home, and even more so it reminded her of Helovia, of recruiting people in the Threshold and bringing them back to the leaders of the herd. She felt full of glee and happiness, and couldn’t wait to show Korri the way around and invite him into her home. But first things first, she needed either Rixen or Roscorro to appear to officially invite him to live in the herd. So she sent Khairi off, in search of one of the two males who ruled to make it completely official. Then she looked to Korri to see if he had any questions she could answer in the meantime as they waited at Halyven’s gates.

"Talk."

like ashes, like ashes,
like a star burning out —

img | bg

@Korri and a lead to accept him? :D

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
Oh, my tongue's the only muscle in my body that works harder than my heart

The walk to Halyven seemed to take days. Korri's tired legs kept moving, a dull mechanical rhythm just behind Kiada. Exhaustion hung on him like a sodden blanket — and he was himself sodden, water coursing over the thick hairs he was just beginning to grow in. It had been early fall in the kingdom of Osslen. Red and orange through the trees.... Not rain like this. The weather soured his mood somewhat on top of his physical state, and so he remained largely silent as Kiada spoke, only looking up occasionally to nod or ask a clarifying question. He tried to remember the route, to remember the things she said, but he felt it all slip from his mind like the water slipping over his back.

He had never been so tired.

He was just wondering how much farther they had to go when they crested a rise and the city — city? — spread out before them. Korri paused. His head lifted, and curiosity burned in his eyes, bright and hungry. "Oh," he murmured. And he thought he'd never drink it in enough, the strange sight: the white pillars stabbing up at the sky, the crumbling stone, the streets between the ruins. The sight of it inspired a now-familiar ache between his ribs. As if it were an echo of his home, a shadow of it, some giant's poorly remembered reconstruction. It was like home just enough to hurt, and he stood very still, staring and staring, wondering if again he might weep.

At last, one of his ears flicked in Kiada's direction. "Repairing?" he asked. "What happened here?" And then in a softer voice, full of longing: "It's beautiful." He was half looking ahead  and half thinking of his own home, of all the streets now slumbering beneath the waves.

He swallowed. With some difficulty.

After lingering just a bit longer, he followed Kiada down. His tired thoughts spun restlessly in his head, a terrible collage of bits and pieces, but he gave voice to none of it. Told himself he would be able to rest soon. Pick up the pieces of himself tomorrow morning.

unsplash

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
The Dragon Heart heard a familiar voice as it echoed off of stone walls. Intermingled with that of one he did not recognize. Curious, the massive leader meandered down the street, smoke lazily trailing off of his beastly form.

Having claimed this portion of the city as their home, Roscorro had become very familiar with the many roads that crisscrossed and wound throughout it. It would not be long before he could navigate the place in his sleep. Now did it take him long to locate Kiada and he new friend. He smiled. "Hello Kiada." He said, his voice rumbling warmly within his chest. "I see you've brought a friend." He offered a dip of his head in greeting to Korri. "Roscorro the Dragon Heart, Crown of Halyven." He introduced himself, his eyes warm and friendly as he took in the other.

talk talk talk talk
You Can be king again
image credit

@Kiada
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

I was alerted to the arrival of a newcomer by a familiar bird: it was Khairi, the bearded vulture who was bonded to Kiada. At first I had been worried that there was trouble, but I was easily reassured that there was none when he asked me to meet Kiada at the city’s entrance. Perhaps I was even a bit excited, not only to see Kiada, but to greet the weary wanderer that she had brought in. With swift movements, my body turned in the direction of the gates behind Khairi, who coasted easily on the cool breeze overhead. How strange it felt, to be called upon to formally accept a stranger into our herd. It was an honor and a privilege. My past experience living in a herd had been nothing like this. For the most part, it had been... anarchy. Was this one of the duties of a herd leader? I supposed that I ought to get used to it. Not that doing so would be any trouble. 

The sound of voices told me that I was nearing them, and with a final turn around the corner of a pile of crumbled marble, I made my entrance into the clearing where they stood. "Khairi called me." With a heavy breath, I first addressed Kiada, offering the gilded mare a smile and a dip of my antlers, before turning in the direction of Roscorro, my friend and fellow leader. "Although it appears Roscorro beat me to the punch." The words were accompanied by a lighthearted laugh and another gesture to the large, dragon-scaled stallion. Truly, I was glad to see him there so that we could welcome the newcomer together.

Then, I turned to the stranger. He was far shorter than myself, a very pale colored pegasus decorated with hues of glittering gold. "Greetings. I am Rixen the Vine King. I am a leader of this herd alongside Roscorro." My tone was rich and warm, means of indirectly telling the newcomer that he would be welcome here and that he should not be afraid. Yet I could hardly believe what I was saying myself. It was still surreal, though my body followed the motions easily, without too much thinking on it. Like it had done this a thousand times over. Pivoting my grullo-blue and white frame in his direction, I stretched my neck out, lowering my head toward the small stallion upon making my inquiry, "And who might you be?"

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Roscorro @Kiada @Korri <33
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Explorer Kiada

KIADA
in every dream i dream

Korri’s voice sprung up just as Khairi took to the skies and she happily turned her head to better view her new-found companion. He asked what happened, mentioning that it was beautiful, and Kiada nodded her agreement – her pale forelock sliding over her face with the movement before catching on her crescent horn and resting there. “This place has a tendency of stealing lands from one place to another. This place, was where my mother was born but we are not from the Rift. It was simply taken and placed here, the ruins left over after war tore it apart.” She offered the information easily, shifting on her weight and looking back to the land around her.

Before she had a chance to continue her conversation, Roscorro appeared and the spotted woman easily dipped her head in greeting. “Yes, I did. We’ve come from the Portal.” She offered before her icy gaze landed on Khairi as he careened over the winds from a different direction, bringing Rixen along. Her heart stumbled in her chest, but she pulled herself together, standing a bit taller and offering Korri a brilliant smile before nodding her head to Rixen. “Thanks to both of you for coming.” Her voice was soft but appreciative as she looked to both of them. Her eyes lingered slightly on Rixen, however, as he began to introduce himself to Korri, and she found herself listening to his voice with the warm richness that he carried even before running a herd – the same kind of warmth and happiness to it that Kiada wanted to hear for the rest of her life.

I offered to bring him back here to rest and recuperate before searching for his companion, provided you both would want him to.” Her eyes shifted, glancing to Roscorro and Rixen for approval as she added in the extra information. Then she remained silent, allowing Korri to introduce himself but offering her own silent companionship beside him – thinking that maybe having her here might help him be less intimidated by the idea, or even the two males before them. In her mind, it was a solidarity for the smaller pegasus.

"Talk."

like ashes, like ashes,

img | bg

You guys rock <3 @Korri @Roscorro @Rixen

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Korri

Korri listened with all his remaining attention to Kiada's explanation. Her mother's home? Important information, he thought, his gaze shifting from her face and back to the magnificent ruins. Steals other lands.... Surely it could not have taken Osslen? The Goddess had drowned their kingdom in the sea..... No, his home could not be here. He couldn't bear the thought. So he dismissed it. "It must be comforting to have it here," Korri murmured, but then Kiada's attention shifted skyward, and his shifted, too, instinctively.

Her great bird had returned. Korri blinked away from it, resentful of the gnawing anger in his gut, jealousy such an unsightly emotion and yet one so easily roused. He watched instead the approach of the two strangers. Both were massive, one towering over even Kiada, the other nearly of a height with her. All three dwarfing Korri easily. Had he a weaker heart, he may have been intimidated, but cowardice had never been among his many flaws. Far from it.

Gathering himself, he stepped forward, his head up, expression attentive if perhaps a bit glazed by exhaustion. He would not meet the strangers meekly, giant or no. Pleasantries exchanged. Nothing unexpected. The giant stallion spoke first, his voice the rumbling of distant thunder. Roscorro. Massive, but apparently gentle. Or at least — not hostile. Korri's eyes traveled with some interest over the scaled forelimbs, the massive wings. Roscorro the Dragonheart was the only one aside from Korri himself with any wings, at all. And yet odd in a different way.... Korri nodded, then blinked at the next fellow, blue and white and antlered, to receive his name. Rixen. The Vine King; an interesting title. Rixen had a pleasant voice, the sort one might expect in the highest of social circles. An aura of.... peace, perhaps, radiating through all three of them.

And maybe it made sense, in a strange way. Disparate as they were.... What had they to hold them together but good will? Korri felt his thoughts wandering. Breathed in to steady himself. "I'm Korri," he replied, injecting the statement with as much good cheer as he could currently summon up.  And just in case — "Gulltórsson — ah — son of Gulltór and Hvita." He fumbled a bit, wondering if they would understand his kingdom's handling of names and deciding to give his lineage literally just in case. They would not know the king's name here, anyway. It was, of course, no more than a safeguard — that he not begin his acquaintance with these strangers as anything other than a son of somebody. "I've....come a long way," he added, and his wings shifted slightly against his sides. The deep twinge of exhausted muscles protested even that. Korri winced.

He was silent as Kiada spoke, though he nodded gratefully at her request. Then he returned his attention to the men. "When I was.... When I arrived here, I was separated from my raven. Her name is Auga; I don't suppose you've seen her?" How would they know? "She only has one eye." But it seemed a slim hope, so he continued; the growing list of obligations he accumulated weighed around his neck like a choking collar. "I would be happy to repay you in whatever manner you see fit if you might allow me to rest here. My journey was not an easy one." I was free, he thought, a little bitterly.

unsplash

@Roscorro :)

Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
Roscorro
With Khairi came Rixen. The Crown smiled at the fellow leader as he made a comment about him getting here a moment sooner. Rixen was as kind and friendly as ever as he addressed the stranger that Kiada had discovered at the portal.

"Our doors are always open to those in need." Roscorro said with a smile to Kiada. But he waited to hear what Korri had to say. His heart went out to the smaller Pegasus who had lost his companion. "I am sorry. I have not seen her, though I will keep an eye out." He said. At Korri's mention of payment he chuckled. "I feel safe saying that no compensation will be necessary." He looked to Rixen for his opinion. Not expecting the man to seek any payment for their kindness. It simply was not in their nature. They were kind for kindness sake.

Kiada would not have brought the stallion here had she thought him a threat to their herd. There would be no harm in extending a little kindness to the lost stallion. Still, some did insist on repaying a debt. He would add, if Rixen agreed that a payment was not necessary. "If you still seek to repay us, do so by seeing that you properly rest before setting off again." He himself had entered this land willing and so his experience was less than exciting. Simply sad as he said farewell to his loved ones. But most had not been so peaceful. In fact, he had not met a single horse who had entered the Rift willingly. Most were simply snatched up by the world. Horsenapped from their homes.

Once Rixen gave his answer Roscorro would gesture for Korri to follow them to the living quarters where he could find a warm, dry place to rest. "Do yo have any injuries that need to be tended to? The portal can be rough on some when it steals them." He acted much like a mother as he looked the other over. He smelled faintly of herbs and his gaze flicked to Kiada. He took a step closer, but did not invade the other's personal space as they walked. White smoke drifted from the antlers atop his helm. Their rejuvenating effects would be helpful here, but he had not drawn close enough to Korri for him to breath it in. His massive tail swept along the stone ground and he was careful to keep in from tripping anyone up or smacking them with the mace. For a creature that looked like he was a beast of war, he was surprisingly gentle and gracious.

talk talk talk talk
You Can be king again
image credit

@Kiada @Korri @Rixen <3333
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

"Of course." I nodded to Kiada, emerald gaze moving from her back to the newcomer, scanning him again. Then I added with a smile in his direction, "He is very welcome here." Roscorro would surely agree, and as the dragon-scaled stallion spoke, it became quite clear that he did. I was glad that we were in agreement on the matter. Truthfully, there had been little worry that we would disagree anyway, because we tended to see things eye to eye. And for that, I was genuinely grateful. 

"It is good to meet you, Korri. Worry not, most of us are not from this place, myself included, and I think you will find fitting in easy. Speaking of which, you must be exhausted." I said, offering the small stallion a broad smile. However, the corners of my lips quickly turned downward to form a frown as Korri spoke of his missing companion. I imagined that it must be horrible to lose a creature that he was tied so closely to, but having no companion of my own, I could not relate directly. All I knew of them was what I’d seen of Kiada and Khairi, for the gilded mare was one of the few horses I’d seen who had a companion. To my knowledge, most did not. "Unfortunately, no, I do not believe I have seen your bird. Although I will be on the lookout for her. Hopefully she will not be difficult to find, given her rather unique qualities." As the words left my maw, I imagined what the bird might look like, making a mental note to keep my eyes peeled for her. Knowing the Rift and just how vast it was, though, it was doubtful that I would see her around. Nevertheless, I promised Korri that if on the rare occasion I spotted Auga, he would be the first to know about it.

The pegasus stallion seemed peaceful and polite enough, and given time, I thought that he would be a valuable asset to our herd. He did not seem like he was here to make trouble. Naturally, I tended to seek out the best in everyone. Unless their actions warranted it, when I encountered a stranger, it was extremely rare for me to immediately consider them a foe. Everyone deserved a chance. And chance to Korri I would give. "As Roscorro has said, there is no need to repay us. I only ask that you make yourself as at home as possible. Perhaps take a look around, and consider staying for a while. If you have any skills that you believe would be beneficial to the herd, please do not hesitate to inform us of them. We need all the help around here that we can get, when you feel you are rested and ready to contribute." I glanced toward Roscorro, hoping that he was in agreement with my words. Hopefully they did not come across as too demanding of Korri, for they were not meant to intimidate him, but were instead my way of informing him that we needed herd members, and that what each horse brought into the herd was integral to its prosperity in one way or another. 

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Korri @Roscorro @Kiada
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Explorer Kiada

KIADA
in every dream i dream

As Korri’s voice reached her about having Halyven here, she noted that she’d have to actually converse with him about it further. She had no memory of this place, and the memories her mother had were some of the worst kind. Perhaps he’d understand what it was like, but that was for another time. For Korri began to speak and introduce himself, her head shifting to look upon him better as he did so and offered his family name. Then, she began to wonder silently what her own family name was, but nothing for the time being came up. It was information better useful for another day when she could sit down and ponder it further. Regardless, she noticed his wince as he spoke of having a long trip.

Then he spoke of the companion lost, and Kiada found a small frown crossing her pink splattered lips before turning her head to Roscorro and Rixen and allowing them to say what they wanted. Roscorro immediately addressed her, and Kiada offered him a smile of thanks in return. But then the large dragon-scaled man’s attention was focused on the pegasus beside her in happiness and excitement. Her first recruit! What an adventure this has been so far. Then, as Roscorro asked about injuries, Kiada glanced to Korri briefly. “I had some herbs with me when I found him and helped heal some wounds.” She offered the information easily, shifting her weight and offering a smile to him. Rixen, meanwhile had agreed with Roscorro’s sentiments and let Korri know that most of them weren’t actually from the Rift, which Kiada hoped would help ease some insecurities.

She bobbed her head along with Rixen in agreement with the sentiment, before mentioning that he, too, had not seen the one eyed raven. Then, Rixen also accepted Korri, to which Kiada glanced to the pegasus beside her with a slightly wider smile. “I can guide you to a place to rest and make your own. There aren’t a lot of us around right now, so there’s lots of room. You can have your pick.” She added with a small wink in jest.

"Talk."

like ashes, like ashes,

img | bg

:DD

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Korri

Neither admitted to having seen Auga. As expected; if she were nearby, wouldn't she have come to him? Korri nodded, melancholy further dimming the weary light of his eyes. He found he was tired of speaking now, and dearly needed to rest. It was too much work trying to figure out if the strangers were sincere. If he ought to believe them. The absence of his raven was a ragged hole between his lungs. "I would appreciate it if you could keep an eye out," he sighed.

He nodded after Kiada spoke. "Yes. Kiada helped with the worst of it. Time will deal with the rest. I'm not badly injured — just exhausted. I thank you for your hospitality. And your generosity. I'll see if I can think of some way to repay you, regardless." A faint smile darted across his features, but quickly extinguished. "It has been an honor to meet you, Roscorro the Dragon Heart. Rixen the Vine King." Korri nodded to each of them as he spoke their names. Then he turned back to Kiada.

"Thank you," he said in response to her offer. He couldn't think of anything else to say, so he didn't. Just waited for her to lead on, his thoughts buzzing like locusts in his head.

unsplash

@Roscorro @Rixen @Kiada