This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
a quarter past midnight
Private Kingdom of Halyven 
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
the sun inside of her rages like wildfire
The wind picked up, dancing within Rixen’s tresses as though it was a child playing with sand, and she watched absentmindedly as the multihued hair danced with the movement. It was a quiet hum at first, spreading into a whoosh that had her own dual toned mane dancing with his. For a moment, she felt as though they were one, two sides of a coin. But she didn’t know a lot about Rixen, just as he didn’t know a lot about her. Sure, he knew of her unfortunate circumstances, her family, and some of her life in Helovia. But he didn’t know many things, like how she protected her love for Kisamoa, how she admired him for months before he began this fateful purge. How she succumbed to the darkness in her heart more than once, how when Kisamoa nearly died at the Scint that she chose to dive in and protect him in any way a simple mortal could.

How she watched herself die to save him.

Originally she had told herself that it was because he was a god and it would be a horrific thing to try and live in this land without any sort of deity help, but there was that dark part of her that called to him, that somehow managed to find something admirable within that strange mismatched body of his and the unique mind he carried, something about how she felt as though she could love him like she had loved Ru’in. But she found that it was hard to continue to love things that could be taken from you, and this feeling she felt for Rixen was something like that. It was deeper than what she felt for Ru’in, it was slower. It wasn’t a yearning for power like she felt with Kisamoa. This was something more intense, and frankly it terrified her.

Rixen could be taken, too.

Suddenly his voice raged again, and she found her ears perking toward him, her eyes growing sharper as she focused on what they were talking about and not the war raging in her mind. She nodded her head slowly in agreement that they had, indeed, balanced one another. But Rixen continued after a moment, and she found herself returning to the conversation easier, though that dark tainted part of her tar stained heart continued to try and pull away. Still, she paid attention and offered him a brisk and perhaps cleansing smile. “We are a herd in the Rift.” She mildly corrected with a small laugh coinciding with his chuckle.

But then she spoke of the Beaked Bear and his voice rung out again toward her, emitting another half giggle and laugh from her. Then, he continued, jesting her further to which she gave him an unbelievable look, a small scoff slipping from her throat. “Keep talking like that and you’ll be eating one with me.” She winked at him before another laugh overcame her. Deep down, she wondered how many eyes a Beaked Bear had, and whether she would be correct in assuming it had enough to allow Rixen to have a taste of her own medicine. “I’m dreading it, to be honest, but I can’t wait to get rid of this terrible feeling.” She murmured, her laughter fading but her small smile remaining. Yes, once she got rid of that stupid lung condition, perhaps she would be happier – perhaps she’d no longer wake up in the middle of the night with a fear raging through her body, afraid that she’d stopped breathing.

"Talk."
and she is —
gold, gold, gold.
Kiada
image | coding

@Rixen <333

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
Rixen
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions;
"You’re right. We are." At the thought, a small grin tugged the corners of my lips upward. Why did I speak of the herd as if it were nonexistent? We were a herd now. Kiada made a good point, one that I was often forgetful of: the now was the best lens through which to view things. In the moment, as they were, rather than worrying about how they once were or what they might be. This sort of perspective never weighed me down, yet I so often forgot how to utilize it, simply because it was so hard not to become consumed by my own brooding - worries that now seemed so small in the big picture of things. Everything was small but us. And I didn’t want to let that feeling go.

It was a shame that the night would end and give way to a garish sun. At present, the world fell into place. Time was liquid flowing by so effortlessly as we stood together beneath a sky of perfect midnight velvet, under stars so brilliant they drew my eyes heaven bound. Listening to the sound of each other’s breathing, feeling the gentle breeze comb its fingers through our manes, laughter in the air. Maybe, among all those things, there was even something else. Something there, albeit not quite as visible. 

Soon, though, in perhaps a few hours, the sky would be painted with hues of red, orange and pink, all color returning to the sky as it would flushed cheeks: the dreaded signal to float back down to reality again. Such a thing was inevitable. But I knew I wouldn’t forget this time spent together, holding each other close. Would she? 

Exhaling, I leaned back toward Kiada's golden form, lowering my head and closing my eyes, trying my best to keep relaxed. To appear relaxed, if the former option was unattainable. What did all this make us? There had to be a connection, even if it was a microscopic one - there was no other reason behind the flickering of my heart in her presence. Was there any meaning behind it, though, or was I misinterpreting the whole thing? The question was impossible to ignore, hovering like a fire breathing dragon encroaching my thoughts with its relentless flame. But my mouth could not be forced open to speak. Not so much as to ask. So I did no such thing. I did not voice my thoughts, for fear of disturbing things between us as they were, the happiness that presently resided within me. For fear of getting ahead of myself, or saying the wrong thing. I needed to think things over first. I wanted to be certain - as certain as I could be on my own. It was important to keep my head on my shoulders. Particularly during a moment like this, when it threatened to fly off. 

So I played it off like I wasn’t completely wrapped up in my thoughts. Instead I tried to think about eating the eye of a beaked bear. Whatever sort of creature it was, it was not one that I had ever encountered before. I could only imagine how horrendous its appearance might be. However, it did little to prevent me from responding to her threat nonchalantly. "If there are enough eyes to go around, I’d do it. Provided equal participation on my behalf makes the experience slightly more bearable." I countered Kiada's look of disapproval with a smile of my own, etching its way onto my face in an attempt to bring light to what was sure to be a rather unpleasant situation. My green eyes searched her expression to see what she thought of the idea. From them came an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness. And of course, combined with a genuine willingness to help, there was that glint of amusement.

"TALK HERE"

@Kiada <33
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}