This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Always Be Humble & Kind
Open Kingdom of Halyven 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
He was standing in the training grounds. Or what he planned to turn into their training grounds and barracks. The land was clear and flat, a fair expanse just outside of the Keep. Yes, it would be the perfect place. He paced the border of the area, plotting out the arrangements of the living quarters, exercise and sparring areas, and so on. Though he honestly had little idea what else to put here. Maybe a course they could run? He would need to consult those with more experience in constructing this place, as well as talk with Rixen about it. The two were on pretty much the same page, thus far. Both well thought out and not quick to jump to conclusions or try and power play. Roscorro felt that they could work quite well as a team, without egos coming into play.

As co-leaders this decision would not be made by one. And so Roscorro was setting about arranging the area to better present his idea. Kiada was far more knowledgeable of the greenhouses and so he trusted that project's construction to her mostly. Though he did delight in poking his nose in and seeing what was going on. The Keep was fairly easy to sort out and the market area could wait until they were more established. Safety and food first, then trade and further development.

He moved back to the barrack area. With his talons he began digging lines in the dirt, symbolizing the walls of the buildings. He stood back to survey his handy work, a smile touching his lips. "Now then. To test out our new sparring grounds..." He looked about. He was completely alone. Well that wouldn't work. Perhaps he should work out a track one could run on to exercise? Or perhaps fate would send him a willing sparring partner?

"Talk."

But You Cannot Break My Hope!
I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

oc: Rosco is looking to spar with someone!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

A strange peace lingered in this place. Korri knew he ought to spread his search for Auga farther, but some instinct bid him linger. As if his body understood it still needed to heal, even if the cuts and scrapes he brought out of the Portal had mostly disappeared. As if some part of his psyche demanded further recuperation before he stretched it yet farther. He was nonetheless restless, flitting between the buildings and sticking his nose into dark corners, half hoping to hear the flapping of dark wings behind him any moment, the hoarse rasp of his companion's voice. Why did she not come to him? Wasn't she looking? When he stilled, when he let his thoughts loose, the silence in his head swallowed all else.

So he was rarely still.

This had, of course, been true before he lost Auga. But now it was doubly true. He put his energy into exploring Halyven, learning what he might learn, seeing what he might see. On this particular day he found Roscorro standing alone in a large open area. Scratching something into the dirt. The crown seemed friendly enough, so Korri looped around only once before curiosity bid him descend. He did so with a graceful tuck of his wings, angling down until he hit the dirt with a skip and allowed his momentum to dispel in a series of short hops. "Hello, Roscorro!" he called. What are you doing? But he wondered if it would be rude to ask. Back in Osslen, he would never have even considered approaching someone of Roscorro's rank on an impulse, but things seemed different here.... Best to figure out the hard limits sooner rather than later, Korri supposed.

He trotted toward the giant, his ears pricked. "Did I hear something about a training ground?" he asked. He stopped several paces away and cocked his head, wings fluffing at his sides. "You know, I probably don't look it, but I'm quite proficient when it comes to combat." A mischievous grin wormed its way across his features, and he turned to survey the area. "Though I expect as crown you're likely quite skilled as well, aren't you?" Korri returned his gaze to Roscorro, allowing the suggestion to hang in the air. He hadn't quite planned on challenging his new lead when he'd woken up that morning, but it was never a bad time to prove his worth.

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

ooc// Feel free to start with your next post :) And please let me know if you have any difficulty reading this table.

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground
ROSCORRO
It seemed he would receive an answer to his desire to test out the new grounds. That answer fell from the sky in the form of Korri. Roscorro smiled at the man who had been staying within their city. His wounds had healed yet the stallion chose to linger. Roscorro couldn't deny that he was hopefully that he would stay. Though the call to find his companion would most likely draw him away. This the man would understand. Though he himself had no companion, the thought of losing those he cared for was enough to help him empathize with the smaller man.

"It is a pleasure as always, Korri." He returned the greeting. As warm and friendly as ever. "How are you fairing this fine day?"He spread his wings, gesturing to the grounds around him. "You heard correct! What do you think of our training grounds to be? Over here will be the storage houses and barracks." He pointed with one wing to the area he had been drawing in the dirt. Then the rest of the open expanse with the other. "Here the actually grounds in which we train." It still needed work. But it was sufficient enough space, plenty of flat ground. Surely it would be able to be transformed into a suitable place for the kingdom's warrior.

His head cocked to one side, a deep chuckled rumbling in his throat. "One would think." Especially with how I look right now. "Though I'm afraid I am severely lacking. I had been imprisoned all of my life. Up until being banished to these lands, I knew not the light of day. My skills and experience only consists of the sparring sessions held by my head guard. He risked much to teach me the little I know." He was never afraid to speak of his past. The more he spoke of it, the less of a sting it seemed to have. He looked to the other man with an inquisitive eye. "Other then the odd creature I have had to fight off, it has been several seasons since I've gone against a horse. I'd be honored if you would considered sparring with me. Perhaps I will learn something today."

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Korri
Korri

There was something easy about conversing with the Dragon Heart — undeniable. Korri took in the grounds with a careful eye. "Spacious!" he replied, and chuckled. Korri fell silent, though, when Roscorro continued to speak. A tempting snippet of information about the great crown's past. Korri's head tilted again, just a little, and he felt himself leaning forward, wanting to know more. Imprisoned? Someone as large as Roscorro? Korri thought about it a moment, then pushed his curiosity away. Wings shuffling, he bounced forward. The idea of a leader without martial experience both baffled and intrigued him. Though perhaps Roscorro's size lent him a particular advantage over most of the area's threats. "Well!" Korri declared. "I guess I can teach you a thing or two." With a wink, he squatted back on his haunches and leapt skyward.

Up, up he went, a tight spiral into the clear winter sky. In truth, Korri had minimal practice fighting on equal terms. Ambushing prey from high above was perhaps ignoble, but certainly efficient. So Korri suspected he would also be learning much from this, especially considering he'd never taken down anything so large as the Dragon Heart, friendly spar or no. He shot up as quickly as he could, instinct driving him toward altitude. And though Roscorro also possessed wings, Korri hoped that should the crown take to the skies, it would be a slower, more laborious attempt.

Once he had gone high enough, Korri folded his wings and let gravity pull him down. Wings tucked closed, he hurtled downward, aiming for Roscorro's hip maybe, or a wing if he'd managed to get airborne. It wasn't serious, so he decided a glancing blow ought to serve well, though he had little experience pulling his punches. Either way, he aimed to bullet down and wheel away at the last moment, allowing his hind end to spin out and knock Roscorro off balance with a kick.

unsplash

1/3
WC: 320

ROSCORRO
His own hearty chuckled rumbled within him. He liked the cocky man. When he took to the sky, Roscorro looked up after him. He had planned to actually use the ground to train. Hence the term, 'training grounds'. But he had never fought within the sky before, and quite literally jumped at the chance. His great wings spread out with a snap. Powerful hindquarters launched him skyward. He was not as quick as the smaller being. But he was not awkward. While Korri was a graceful, fast lark. Roscorro was a massive raptor. His great wings ate up the sky between them as he gained speed. Smoke trailing after him like a dark cloud.

He was a creature of power. In more ways then the man knew. His nostrils flared as he took in each breath, determined to meet the other in battle. Then Korri dove. The speed in which he came was startling. It was by sheer instinct the stallion managed to snap his wings shut in time to avoid his wing being hit. But he did not avoid the kick that slammed into his hip. Sending pain sparking up his body as he spun.

Something took over within him. He spun, wings tucked close. Then suddenly one moved outward, snagging the wind and bringing his spiral to a halt a split second before the other was thrust outward. They corrected his course, raising him higher. Then they gave a might thrust. Sending the massive creature downward. He plummeted, wings tucked once more.

He had visions of him descending upon Korri. landing atop the smaller horse with all the force of gravity behind him. His talons wrapping around his chest and his fangs found his throat. The predator within him roared at the prospect of blood. The feeling as life drained out of its prey, its struggles growing weaker, weaker, still. Dead. Victory.

The horse, reeled, regaining control as he swiftly fell. He was gaining, gaining, gaining. He was upon him. A heartbeat, wings expanded, snatching at the air like sails on a ship. Halting his movement enough to reduce the impact as he aimed to slam into Korri. He would wrap his forearms around the man, pinning his wings. The raptor used his weight to send them both plummeting to the earth. If he succeeded, he would hold on, remain on top as he drove the other towards the ground.

All he had to do was hang on and fall, then slam the other to the earth and fly away. He was not nearly as fast or nimble as the lark, but he was heavy and strong. He would use this against Korri. They fell. Streaming smoke like a dying comet. Faster, faster. Closer, closer. The ground was rushing to great them. At the last second, before they reached a point where he instinctively knew the other would not recover, he released. With a powerful beat of his wings he'd separate before lighting upon the ground, head shaking. If he did not connect with the other, he'd slow his momentum until he found himself landing lightly upon the ground, his gaze fixed on Korri.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Korri

1/3
Korri

The solid shock of connection as his hooves struck home. The blur of Roscorro's side as they passed midair. All of it: fast, fast, nearly too fast to track. But some instinctive part of Korri's brain did track. He knew he had succeeded in landing a hit. He knew he was moving down still, down at a slower pace than before but down back toward the packed earth of the training yard. He cocked an eye back to gauge Roscorro's reaction.

Korri hadn't expected to phase the giant, really. It was an exploratory opening as much as it was an attempt to show off his ability. He was a little startled, though, by the speed with which Roscorro turned and dove after. Almost as if Roscorro were angry....

Something like a smirk crossed Korri's features. Didn't think I had it in me? he wondered, a little triumphant, even as Roscorro plummeted toward him. He supposed the giant meant to piledrive him down against the earth, and supposed also he would have to bring that up at another time — not a good idea to kill new recruits while sparring, was it? But that was for another time. The big stallion was falling fast.

And Korri was not about to be bested.

He waited until Roscorro drew in near enough to reach for him, and tilted his weight to the side, flexing his wings so he twisted away to the left in a tight spin. His hind legs flexed forward and then lashed out again, hard enough to twist the entirety of Korri's small body. He aimed at nothing in particular, too distracted to keeping his flight course under control and rather confident he would strike some part of Roscorro's large mass anyway. One of those grasping talons, perhaps. Or, if Korri were lucky, the giant's face....

They had been falling for some time, though, and the ground loomed up below him. Wings snapping out to their full width now, scooping at the air to arrest his fall entirely, he let himself skate earthward and landed as Roscorro touched down several paces away.

Breath railing hard in his lungs, Korri shook himself and eyed Roscorro warily. "Well," he called, unable to help himself. Laughter bubbled up his chest, but his eyes raked Roscorro's features, searching for some hint of damage. Even minor damage. "You'll have to be a bit more clever than that. Want to try again?" He held his wings just slightly flared, ready to tuck or spring into the sky again, his weight spread evenly over his short legs, as he waited for Roscorro to move.

unsplash

@Roscorro
2/3
WC: 435/800

ROSCORRO
Neither stallion connected. Roscorro had slowed his decent before he was to slam into Korri. He didn't actually want to hurt the stallion. In that action he managed to avoid the other's counter strike, a hoof whisking harmlessly past his nose. That would have hurt!

They were now on the ground once more. Roscorro gave another shake of his mane, ridding himself of the bloody vision that still haunted the back of his mind. He was not that kind of person. It was the voice and its darkness that sought to invade his thoughts, sought control. It was a piece of vermin that needed to be exterminated from his mind. Inwardly the voice growled, growing darker as it seethed. What ever Korri had seen in the sky, was no more. Roscorro had returned as he gave a light chuckle. "I thought I had you there." In answer to the question the giant's wings unfurled and he was air born once more. He rose with deceptive speed.

He clawed at the air as if he aimed to beat Korri into the highest reaches of the sky. Though he was sure the lark would overtake him. He slowed, as if labored in his climb. Tempting the other to pass him. To draw closer. The second he did, Roscorro would role away. Lashing out with his tail and mace. The blow would not harm if it connected, held back by the Crown. No, it would only sting as he aimed to hit the other where wing and shoulder connected. In the tender most part of the underwing. As he flipped in the air to plummet once more, he'd also aim to grab hold of the other's tail with his teeth, aiming to at least jerk him down towards the earth and bellow him once more.

"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Korri

2/3
Korri

"I thought I had you there," and that's it. And there is a subtle flick of one small ear — back. Really? Korri thinks, a bit irritated. A bit unnerved. Here, now, the flicker of doubt: Who are you Roscorro? He had been ill-used by one king well enough to be on his guard, but maybe Korri was imagining things. Maybe.... he had overestimated the ferocity of the crown's intended attack.

Maybe.

He arranged his features in something like answering laughter, though it felt just a bit strained. A familiar feeling: feigned courtesy, feigned amusement when he really wanted to yell. I am going to kick you in the head next time, he thought as the king abruptly rose into the skies. Korri watched him for a beat, eyes narrowing. He had no real desire to follow at breakneck speed, suspecting Roscorro was up to something and wary, now, of what exactly it meant. Were he a less prideful creature, Korri might have considered conceding then, now that his feet were on solid ground and he realized he was afraid to follow Roscorro into the air. He if were not so fast, a second time...?

But he was always fast.

"Hm," Korri sighed to himself before he, too, vaulted upward into the air. He rose more slowly, a wary spiral tailing Roscorro's swift ascent. What are you planning? he wondered, and he realized he was still afraid — he! But there was a difference between a spar and a real fight. A difference in expecting to partake in practice and in knowing one might meet one's end. And Korri had too much history with men in power to be trusting after the first perceived slight.

But he rose.

He drew nearer as the crown's ascent slowed, likely in preparation for a dive. Korri would have to do something, of course. Now was the time to ask Auga for advice, but Auga was not here. Korri was empty and worried, a sparrow flying upward in pursuit of an eagle. Empty and worried and annoyed with himself, because why should he need the raven in order to fight? In order to win? Roscorro was big and no doubt less clever than Korri (everyone was) and so — Korri could beat him. He was fast. He was clever. He had always been thus. Nothing in the Rift was going to kill him.

He told himself this as he willed strength into his wings and surged forward, toward Roscorro. Ears back, teeth bared. Korri disliked this feeling of chase; he vastly preferred to attack from above, using momentum to his advantage, but he came gamely as he came. A bullet whirling in for Roscorro's side. He intended to hit hard and sail away, but of course it didn't happen that way. Of course, because Korri was charging on imagined courage and he was so small....

The crown's tail struck him first. It hit his left wing, a glancing blow, and his flight path wavered. His right wing snapped open, scooping air, as he attempted to alter course. The left faltered behind it, not truly damaged but still stinging, still disrupted. He knew something else was coming, of course; the blow didn't hurt enough to be it. So he was only slightly prepared for the sensation of something yanking down on his tail. His already corrupted flight back disintegrated. Korri flailed out, striking madly with his hooves, beating his small wings in hopes of hitting Roscorro's face before he fell, blinding the crown or something. There was a weird panic rising inside of him, a sudden need to get away which tucked Korri's wings afterward tight to his sides and sent him plummeting again, hoping to dart to the side at the last moment and thus lose his pursuer before he could be catapulted into the earth.

unsplash

@Roscorro
I struggled with this because you assumed some things about Korri's position in your post. Hopefully it makes sense with what you intended — if not let me know!

tl;dr: He flew at Rosco, got knocked aside by Rosco's attack, and sort of flailed with his wings and hooves. Then tried to fly down and dart along the ground to get away.
3/3
WC: 639/800

ROSCORRO
Wings smacked him in the face while hooves beat against his chest, sending him spinning away, thrown off course by the flailing attack. Righting himself the great raptor shook his head, his chest burning in pain. That was far more then a simple strike in a friendly match. But the last ditch attack of cornered prey. Keen eyes zeroed in on the fleeing lark. Chase it down, kill it! He was still higher, the flight closer to the ground was a slower pace then what he could currently travel. He could catch the lark, kill the lark. No!

He spun in the air again as he fought against instincts that were not his own. Floundering in the sky he lost precious seconds as he regained control of himself. To say he was disturbed by the desires and visions that ran through his head. The driving urge to rend the other's flesh, taste of his blood. Terrified the stallion. Korri had to have sensed his bloodlust. It had the smaller man running scared. He was afraid of him! The massive stallion shuttered, his soul growing cold as his skin crawled.

Mighty wings beat in the air, keeping him aloft. But he did not pursue Korri. Did not seek to follow up with another attack. This spar was over. He could not continue it. Could not put Korri through any further trauma. Could not risk actually hurting him. So, the great predator lowered himself to the ground. The Dragonheart would touch the earth once more, his stormy gaze watching Korri as he awaited his return. It was clear he had no intention of continuing their match. The risk was too great, though the other would never see an ounce of his inner turmoil. Only a warm smile when he finally landed. He was a master at crafted his masks after all.
"Talk."

I'm Still Undefeated!
image || coding

@Korri

3/3

Rosco, fearing what he might do, choses not to attack this turn. <3
Korri

It's easy, looking back, to say there never was any danger, at all. Part of Korri's mind wanted to do that even as his hooves skimmed the earth and then took over the burden of his wings. He skipped along several strides, dispersing momentum, before he turned back toward Roscorro in a wide arc. What just happened? The two of them still. The specter of the past few minutes hanging in the air between them.

And maybe he was imagining things. Maybe he was too ready to be wronged, here and everywhere else. But his expression was a little guarded as he moved forward, studying Roscorro's posture. Still, Korri wasn't about to admit he was afraid. He cracked a smile as he called out, "What, tired already?" The words were only a little cocky around the shallow breaths he gulped in. His heart beating like a desperate bird.

He suspected Roscorro was finished, for one reason or another. Still, he paused rather farther away then he might have otherwise as he folded his wings, a little sore on the one side but otherwise uncompromised. "You didn't do so badly, you know," he added. "For a beginner. It was an honor to have you for a sparring partner, Dragon Heart."

unsplash

@Roscorro
ooc// he's fake as hell >_> But thank you for the spar! I'll start another post sometime later so Hertz can have a chance at kicking his ass.