This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
paint roses red
RP Wanted The Portal 
Zenobia
Currently championing:

"You are from Helovia?" The curiosity was anything but mistakable in the stallion's voice and gaze as his seemingly glowing emeralds turned to catch the nearly neon blue of my own. Were there others from Helovia that had ran into this antlered creature much like I had? Full of wonder and concern over what had happened to our once astonishing lands. Dark tipped ears swiveled forward as I drew my gaze away from the stunning creature who had stayed in the shadows for the majority of our meeting, likely to keep me from running away in fear. I locked eyes with the antlered one as I watched his rosy lips part again...and I couldn't help but wonder how a single being could have so much to talk about, words were something I preferred to save for necessity. "I myself am not from Helovia, but the name has come up many times over the course of my travels. There are horses here who have informed me that Helovia was once their home, too." I could feel the electricity that traveled through my veins constantly crackle as excitement jumped between nerve gaps until my entire body felt as if I were caught in the middle of a storm cloud, a wide smile spread across my inky features as I looked between the two members of my welcoming committee. "It is unfortunate you never got to see Helovia, it was once glorious, now it is merely a dark shell of what it once was."

"We can take you to them if you wish." Rixen, the antlered, spoke up as my charged feathers ruffled against my sides settling more comfortably where the electricity could move more easily and with less notice. "Before making any final decisions, however, I assume you’ll want to know the basics. Where we are now is known as the Portal, and it is the path everyone seems to have taken to come to the Rift. Halyven, our home, is a beautiful place not too far from here. Our numbers are small, but the folk are genuine, pure of heart, and strong. We would certainly value your company back to the city, where you might find comfort and shelter from the cold." Ears flicked back momentarily and then relaxed while I listened to Rixen speak. He wasn't only offering me company out of the Portal but somewhere I could call home while I hunted down the rest of my family...if any of them even still existed. Movement from the tri-breed stallion drew my attention away from thoughts of finding my family, unsure as to if they perished in Helovia like the lands did or if they had managed to fall down the rabbit hole into these strange parts as I had. "You are welcome to rest your head until you decide which direction you wish to go, or if you'd like to remain. We're more than happy to answer any questions you have about this world. It is actually quite beautiful, though the Portal does not give one the best first impression." The world grew hazy for a moment when the massive creature moved, but it cleared right back up, as did my mind.

As much as I had just wanted to find my family and get out of Dodge, joining up with these two and their band of misfits seemed to be my best chance at survival in these dark lands. My dented tiara nodded in affirmation as both stallions stood silent. "Your home sounds lovely and I would love to add one more to the population." I smiled as I took a few steps closer to the stallions, cutting in between where the two of them stood and stepped gingerly in the direction they had arrived from, glancing over my primitively striped shoulders I shot a smile and a wink back to the stallions. "It is this way...right?"

"Speech."

tag; @Rixen
ooc; sorry this took me so long and it kind of sucks~ maybe after a reply from each of you we can call this one done and start up a new one going to Halyven? Can be all three of them, or just Rosco and Zeno or whatever!
words; -6-5-2

ZENOBIA
Image Credits
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

Zenobia seemed to light up at the mention of her homeland, and I was glad to be able to offer her the opportunity to reunite with her friends, provided they knew one another before Helovia's destruction. She smiled widely at both of us, and I could not help but return it. I too was filled with warmth at the thought of returning to Halyven and presenting to her the home that I wished I'd had so many months before, when I'd first stepped hoof on the Rift. A place to call home, a home to share with others, made this world far less darker somehow. Even now, as the three of us stood here surrounded by the dimly-lit forest, the twisted tree branches, and the glowing bluish green lights of the Riftian flora, everything seemed lighter. It was weird, being unable to see more than a few yards in front of without feeling trapped or scared. Instead, there was only a feeling of calm. Of freedom. Of pride at how this world had transformed before me, from a place of loneliness to one of warm friendship. Who knew what we could accomplish next? The thought was more than exhilarating. "Even though I never saw Helovia, I was sad to hear what became of it..." I began, imagining its destruction. The Helovians lost everything. So had I, and seemingly so had everyone else. We all had something in common in coming to the Rift: loss, and maybe that was what brought us together. 

Flicking my ears this way and that, I awaited the mare's response to my offer. I hoped that she would follow us back to the city, but if she wished to go on alone, there was nothing we could do to stop her. A flash of disappointment crossed my features as I thought of the meeting with Hope, and the horses who had left us. No matter how many time I kept reminding myself that a herd was not for every horse, I couldn't help but feel as if I'd somehow let them down. And that made me all the more determined to not let it happen again, not if it could be helped. Besides, we'd need all of the horses we could get, if we were to begin renovating the spires and making Halyven our home. As such, I was delighted to hear Zenobia agree to return to the city with us. Though my emerald eyes certainly lit up at her words, I tried not to let my enthusiasm reveal itself beyond a brief spark before reassuming my calm and collected disposition. "We are certainly glad to have you." I responded, with a glance toward Roscorro, hoping to see that he was just as keen as I was. Then my antlered head swung back toward the pale pegasus, who stepped slightly closer to us with another grin, and gestured to her with a polite tip. The vines draped throughout the branches swung atop my head, in tandem with the motion.  

It would be dark soon - not that it would matter here in the forest. But when the night's darkness shrouded the land, terrible creatures were lurking around every corner, hungry for their prey. That, and it would be cold and rainy, which were less than ideal for traveling or fending off any attackers. A soft anxiety bloomed in my chest with this in mind. It would be best if we were on our way, so that we reached Halyven before the sun disappeared from the sky completely. "It is not my intention to rush you, but we have quite a long journey ahead and with only a short amount of precious daylight remaining to guide us home, we need to be quick. This way." With those words and a motion for my company to follow me back to our home, I turned from the clearing and was swallowed whole by shadow. Zenobia would certainly find a place to belong among us.

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img

@Zenobia @Roscorro 
Sorry this took wayy too long :(( Rixen can stick around for another thread if you want. Or not, either way works for me! <3
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}