This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Welcome to My Nightmare
RP Wanted The Portal 
Agrona Vane
Currently championing:
The peg mare flew through these forests and landed softly as not to hurt herself to badly. The blue and chestnut brindled mare was always cautious do to her being born with brittle bones. The girl had also lost her water teleportation magic that she had been born with once she found these lands. Would she find her dam while in these lands or would she wind up having to search for her else where. The girl just hoped that some of those she had crossed so that her sire could get their riches wasn't here. Well except for that one that she still had a crush on. She continued to get lost in this never-ending forest. She definitely hoped that someone would happen upon her soon. She really didn't want to be stuck in these lands with no clue when someone or something would find her. She called out just in case there was someone near her.

Tags: @Calhoun Ryder
OOC: I hope this is okay
Vanity Magic: Glittery star patches, hooves and wings. Glowing eyes and a fog that follows her everywhere she goes.
Calhoun Ryder
Currently championing:

One might ask why after something was taken from you so dear to your being you would dare return to the same place you lost it And Ryder might not exactly have a solid answer for that question. But the teal hued beast was aware of the facts. Facts that said while he lost something here he was also given something else back. And further gained something. Finally the detail that he was shown some semblance of kindness perhaps gave him a reason to return such a favor. He hated the idea that he might feel some sort of childish debt but unfortunately he did.

And maybe, just maybe, inspection of the portal might offer more than just a chance to get rid of his own feelings of needing repay anything. Perhaps it might give answers. If they existed Calhoun Ryder was determined to find them. So it was this that had him making his way through the odd little piece of the forsaken place. All too familiar were the echoes and whispers. Haunting sounds and the snarls of ravenous creatures seeking more than just simple sustenance. They were starved. And their oddly hued eyes danced in the shadows as Ryder placed one solid hoof in front of the other.

Behind the blue pools a fierce gale burned. A storm brewing. But the anger that had been there the day he arrived was not in existence. At least not in the form Ricochet and Roscorro had known it. There was a stubborn determination and a fierce confidence. Pride and intimidation. But the anger was dull despite the ire of the squall that raged in those depths. Muscles worked in sync, coling and releasing as every stride carried the towering brute forward. At his side his cutlass shifted just slightly as he carried himself forward, a familiar feeling he was adapting to.

All of it was becoming more and more something he was used to and accepted rather than something he was just learning to live with. However something he had yet to get used to was the strange sounds of the portal. But there was one that he knew. One that he was coming to learn to enjoy. The sound of massive wings beating in a steady hum. But Arronax had not followed him here. He had agreed to stay and guard their new little parcel of land they desired to call a home of their own. Which meant this was someone else. For a moment he considered it might be the tribred beast he met on his arrival but there should have been more weight to them.

This was someone new.

Scents did not matter in this place. The sensation of dread and the overwhelming fog and shadows drowned out your senses all too easily. Often it was only what lay right in front of you that was visible. Not something Ryder was uncertain with. Being who he was he had learned to work with such things. Especially when you were capable of summoning brute force storms on a whim. Though he had found in recent days what he was once used to using to summon those did not call to him the winds and howling rain he was known for.

Instead it was when he felt little if nothing that he was capable of bringing the fury he once only knew when his emotions were out of control. And because of habit the second he summoned a storm it was now all to easy to lose it. He would have to consider his options on gaining these powers back. But the Ranger was his first concern. They had found her damaged on the Key. She needed severe work. But he would worry about that later. Instead he lifted his head to peer into the pitch darkness, turning it just enough to starboard that he could see what was moving in the distance.

It was indeed another horse.

A pegasus to be exact. Her hide a rich brown with strips dancing across her frame in a rather bright blue. The shone just slightly, glittering and shimmering in what little light there was. And very shortly after sighting the mare she offered a wordless cry. Ryder sighed slowly and stamped one massive foot. “Yeh know it’s aweful fuckin’ hard to answer yeh when yerh up there and I’m fuckin’ down here.”

He growled the words with a lack any amusement as he snapped his tail sharply, waiting to see just what this mare would do or if she would keep coming and carrying on. If she did so be it. He had answers to seek. Answers that might not come unless he actively sought them. Life was not handed to you after all. The scars that littered the pirate’s body stated that without doubt or any uncertainty.

807 WORDS - @Agrona Vane - And insert Ryder being an arse here. I am actually working on the thread where he finds the Ranger wrecked on the beach but it happens before this rather after. Liquid time YAY!
Agrona Vane
Currently championing:
The chestnut and blue brindled mare landed softly when she had heard the sound of the other. She walked towards the stallion and stopped a reasonable distance away. Agrona smiled softly as she bowed slowly. She said "I am sorry about that. My name is Agrona Vane but go by Agrona. Do you know where we are?" The girl tuck her wings to her sides as she looked around the land. She was a bit excited to see what else these lands would bring her way. She turned her attention back to the stallion before her and took in his appearance. She noted it into the back of her mind so that she would recognize him if they meet again. She did that with those who she meets.

OOC: Sorry I will try to make the next reply longer
Word Count: 128
Vanity Magic: Glittery star patches, hooves and wings. Glowing eyes and a fog that follows her everywhere she goes.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
The Rift pushes and pulls at the newcomer that crosses through the Portal. It rushes forth, taking a long stride toward you as a wave of darkness befalls the world. It feels strange and tingly, like static in the air – enough to give you goosebumps if you listened to the silence for too long. And it searches you for something it can take, something to eat and power the monstrous creature that is the Rift itself, and when it finds none it begrudgingly disperses back into the trees.

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Agrona Vane |

Mutations:
Glowing eyes.
Small amount of fog follows in wake.

I would say that the glittery star patches would just be part of the design unless you wanted them to glimmer like stars, in which case that’d fall under the mutation category! Just PM Skylark if you want it to be like that to have it added/adjusted :)

Welcome to the Rift!
» Presence of the Rift «

Calhoun Ryder
Currently championing:

“Bow to me again and I will rip yerh head off yerh fuckin' neck. I am no king and I expect no such gestures.”

The words were a snarl.

An instinct.

Uttered due to hatred of such actions. He could feel the ire in his chest rising. Blooming into a dark cloud that sought to consume everything in him. The gale in his eyes roared, a furious storm filled with a dangerous wrath. As though it were a dragon. Offering a roar and a grin. Giving no soul rest, especially his own. Pulling the tail of the devil himself. A storm that once drug wind into the sails of his ship.

Teeth bared themselves, glistening and sharp as he laced his ears against his skull. Madness rested in his being, beneath his skin, in his chest, a fervent rage of wild insanity. Foreboding and purely demonic in its nature as a growl ripped his throat. Lashing his braided tail in a clear sign of ire he regarded the woman with pure agitation. The demonic beast had no want to deal with this stupidity. And yet he had invited it upon himself. He would dance that jig and deal with his choices. The consequences of his own desire to enter this place. Sighing as the woman spoke her piece he offered another snarl.

“A place between worlds. But if yeh desire an exact name? The Rift. Yerh exact location within it? The Portal. We all pass through here and face the ravenous maws that would seek to devour every bit of magic they could. It is hungry and it has no care for what yerh life was before now. So just accept whatever it has done, fate has dealt the cards, it is your choice to play the fuckin hand or fold and succumb to this world.”

A smirk cracked his lips, confident and proud. A whisper of the soul beneath the rage that had tainted his very being. He watched the mare, well aware of the hot, static charge in the air. The Rift was hungry. What it took, if anything, he could not know. What he did know is what it took from him. And what it spat back out. Broken, battered and damaged. She could be repaired. Oh, this much was true. But not without work. And not exactly the work he was used to. Another snap of his tail as he watched the mare, a single hoof slicing into the earth beneath him. A long, deep track left behind as he took a long step forward.

“Ryder. Captain Ryder, of The Ranger. And let me guess… yeh want me to show yeh the fuck out of this place or some shit?” Truly it was why he was here but that did not mean it did not aggravate him any less. Skin pulled taut across muscles that locked themselves into place over the large skeleton. Sinew shifting and bulging as he drew a steady, slow breath inward only to push it from his lungs. A sigh of annoyance. “Even with yerh flight yeh are likely to get lost in the deranged labyrinth. And oh, how certain it is it will devour yeh whole if it can. Come on… I suppose this is why I dragged my fuckin' ass back here anyway.”

That and trying to grasp just what The Rift could and couldn't do.

And if he could ever return to the life he knew before this.

Him and Arronax.

582 WORDS - @Agrona Vane - He’s an ass… I am so sorry.
Agrona Vane
Currently championing:
The chestnut and blue brindled mare sighed at the stallion who stood before her. This place that he had called the portal reminded her of a similar experience she had at her other home. Yes she had left the land in search of someone who was dear to her and also to well take a break from the two that she was sort of in a relationship with. Agrona wasn't sure what would happen if she ever decided to go back to them. She turned her attention back to the stallion before her and gave him a soft smile. She said "I am sorry if I upset you by bowing. It is something that I do when meeting someone new. Also thank you for letting me know where I am." She was happy that he had given her his name. She said "I would love it if you could show me the way out of here Ryder." She would be much happier once she was out of this creepy land.

OOC:
Word Count: 170