This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Becoming Prey
RP Wanted The Portal 
Ahlora
Currently championing: Reszo
OOC: @Ricochet Her profile is a little iffy right now, sorry. I'll work on making it better worded and such when I'm able!

Ahlora had come across this area while chasing a rabbit, who bolted away just before entering. Having skidded into the mist, she now had no clue how to get out. Ahlora felt no fear at first, simply finding it a fun new chance to explore. Perhaps it would be a useful place for the pack in some way?

Her grace period ended abruptly, leaving Ahlora with a racing heart as she picked up her pace. Something was wrong. Something was... Different. What's happening to me? was the only thought occupying her mind, being screamed over and over on a constant loop.

Until it all just stopped.

"Hello?" Ahlora ventured to try her voice. It was different now. No longer did it hold the rough hint of a snarl behind it. "Is anyone there? Where am I? What... " She cut her words short. She knew what she was now. She could feel it clear as a cloudless sky. She had no paws now. She was looking at the world from a whole new perspective. And...

"HOLY MOTHER OF LUPUS ARE THOSE WINGS???"

Portal Entering... Requests?
Magic: Offensive: Small blue-white fire whisps that dance around her body. Can be asked to attack another creature during a fight, but they must be appeased with gifts of dried grass, bark, or flowers to fuel themselves. They grow stronger with her RF.
Vanity: Shimmering dust that coats her body and wings. Can shift in colour and float from her to create a pleasing show, much like fireworks.

Items: Jewelry (gold neck rings), a satchel that sits on her chest or shoulder (Ivy vines hold it in place, so she can move it to where she pleases).

Mutations: Deer antlers and feathered wings.
Using magic/force or attacking Ahlora is fine. Giving her a scar or two is alright.
However, no killing or maiming unless previously talked about!
Ricochet
Currently championing:

Why the fuck was he back here again? Oh right. Boredom. At least when it came to the Portal the stallion could enjoy the show of watching newcomers become consumed with the Rift's greedy powers. Whether it was a simple tweak of magic or an entire overhaul of their physical being, it always was a treat to see the anguish cross across the face of the naïve and weary. He was a sadistic bastard like that.

Walking with an overconfident jaunt he weaved between the vegetation with ease, having known the Rift like the back of his hoof his entire life. It certainly wasn't great here, it was absolutely hell; but he was a survivor and he could come through anything that might get in his way. So when he heard the scream he wasn't entirely fazed; another victim of the Rift had made themselves known to anyone and anything that lurked within its dangerous depths. If that was how they reacted to any potentially dangerous situation, they certainly wouldn't last long here.

"Not only do you sound fucking stupid but you've likely summoned every potential danger this place holds, and lemme tell ya toots that's a hell of a lot," he called out cheekily, sauntering out of the brush to see just what they had been bestowed with today. What he didn't expect was a black, purple and green beast a hand taller than he with giant wings and antlers. He found himself reminded of a shorter, female version of Rosco. Well, except he had chicken legs. Not once faltering in his approach he let his eyes shamelessly check out her thick form.

She was bigger, draft likely, and although she was considered "plus-sized" she certainly wasn't too terribly looking. He'd probably tap it if she had a sock in her mouth. Finished with his blatant ogling his orange eyes finally met her icy blue ones. They were intense, full of something he couldn't quite place, but he would assume most would find her presence intimidating. Except honestly Ricochet didn't give a fuck. He'd seen bigger men who hadn't managed to eat him whole, what made her so scary? He could hold his own if need be.

"To answer your question, yes, you have wings. Congratulations. Watch out for the colonel before he seasons you with seven herbs and spices," he barked after a moment, a cocky grin plastered against his black maw. He was going to hell. But he would do so swinging.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Alhora
Permission to do anything and whatever to Ricochet aside from maiming or killing. Tag in all posts.
Ahlora
Ahlora was startled to say the least. The horse that approached her appeared to have come from nowhere, but it was likely she just didn't notice him while she was focused on her new form. The wings she had yelled about were now twitching awkwardly, trying to settle in a somewhat comfortable place. The weight seemed impossible for the newly changed mare.

She listened with growing dislike for the male in front of her, at one point even trying to snarl. Her vocal cords did not agree, and she ended up with a squeaky snort of some kind. She would have been embarrassed had the male not continued to joke about her plight.

"Do you expect anyone to come through... Whatever that is and not cause a commotion of some kind? Mind you I'd be fine should anything come after me! I've got the claws to... Oh. Never mind that now! But... What's this Colonel you speak of?" Ahlora tried playing nice instead of outright trying to trample the dark stallion. Maybe he could help her get back after all. In her attempts to avoid a biting tone, never mind the fact that she was still confused as to why she was a winged horse thing, she lost all the smoothness she used to have.

She decided to ignore his wandering eyes, fixing him with an irritated look. Not that she minded being admired, hell she loved it, but she wasn't used to this new body and not confident in it yet. Not that I mind being taller than him... He seems so unfazed. I'll defiantly have to do something about that look on his face though!
Using magic/force or attacking Ahlora is fine. Giving her a scar or two is alright.
Ricochet
Currently championing:

Oh, he pissed her off. Great! A grin plastered itself once again across his complexion, mischievous glee filling his eyes as he began to casually circle her. He was the one here with the upper hand, the knowledge of these lands and the know how to avoid anything they might face. He was her only ticket to survival, but she didn't seem to really care about that did she?

Finally coming to a halt in front of her with that same cocky grin he spoke, his voice thick with feigned honey,"Claws you say? I didn't take you for the kinky type. I would have assumed the innocent schoolgirl who stayed behind in class to ask the teacher for extra credit." A cackle left his lips, eyes glittering, but before much else could be said he couldn't help but be easily amused by her ignorance.

"You say you can handle it here yet you don't know nothing. I've lived here my entire life and have come across things that could give you nightmares," he began, tone growing serious as did his expression. Taking a step closer he boldly brought his face inches from hers, voice now at a deep whisper,"I would wake in the night to the sounds of shrieking. Creatures being ripped limb from limb by a magic no one can see. I have faced beasts twice your size that could shred you with one swipe of their claws. There are creatures within our oceans that eat horses like you for a midnight snack. You can't handle shit in the Rift sweetheart, because this place... is the land of all your deepest fears."

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ahlora
Permission to do anything and whatever to Ricochet aside from maiming or killing. Tag in all posts.
Ahlora
Ahlora stood still and tall as Ricochet teased a circled her, refusing to give him another reaction. Her face became neutral, save for the glint in her eye she couldn't hide. Her tail swished slightly, brushing along the ground as she listened with uncaring ears. He must really be insane, acting like that. Well, I'll play along.

She waited for her chance to speak again, letting his face rest only a breath from her muzzle. She was clearly amused that his head had to tilt up slightly to do this. Here we go... Lupus help me. Associating with prey like this... She almost felt disgust in her heart, becoming a creature she would once have hunted to the end of the lands. Ahlora mentally shook out her lost fur, getting into her previous body's mindset. It was odd, to say the least.

"I'll try to ignore the fact that you ignored my question, and instead chose to stuff your opinions in these ears of mine." Ahlora smirked, her eyes ablaze with a fire she only felt twice before. The challenging look lasted only a moment before she turned her body away from his own experienced form, tossing her long mane in his face and giving him an only slightly playful glare. "Tell me dear shadow of mine, is that a challenge or a threat?" She met his sinister smile with one of her own, ready to prove herself. A tiny flash of her teeth would hopefully have gotten her point across. Are you ready to play a game?
@Ricochet
Ricochet
Currently championing:

"I didn't answer because YOU DIDN'T GET THE FUCKING REFERENCE!" he snapped, growing tired of these pointless games. She thought she was all that when she has hot garbage, and he was losing his cool. The orange markings around his ankles flared brilliantly, showcasing his displeasure of their conversation. She was fearless, walking like she really could take it all on. That attitude would be her suicide. What didn't help was how she sauntered so confidently, swaying those sweetly thick hips and hitting him in the face with her mane.

Was she flirting or trying to start shit, because Ricochet could throw down in both ways. Blowing air to get her hair away from his face he snorted, staring down her form and trying to ignore the mild arousal. She was annoying and stupid and would die after three days of living in this death trap, but damn did that ass make him feel something.

"You tryna fight or fuck bitch because I do well at both," he responded at last, taking the time to walk up to her side and arch his neck. Instinctively his chest puffed up, chin resting closer to his neck as his tail rose proudly in an effort to impress and intimidate. It didn't matter that she was taller than him, or that her ass would be a challenge to take on by itself; he was ready to have a go at it one way or another. And if she wanted a fight... well, he didn't mind playing with fire in the bedroom.

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ahlora
Ahlora

Ahlora let her look slip into a more suggested one, a smirk playing on her lips. It felt weird to her now, despite the many times she had worn the look before. Oh yeah, that might be because you're a darned HORSE NOW! Ahlora could practically feel her old body bristling in disapproval.

She didn't bat an eye as her dark companion puffed his chest like a colt trying to prove his worth in a herd. Instead, she mulled it over. The words he said... He really was quick to the punch, now wasn't he?

While he was shorter than her, he was a big stallion compared to those she had come across before. The ones she had hunted. Perhaps there was hope for him after all. For them, even. "How about... Neither?" She let out a laugh in the form of a whinny, turning and trotting off in hopes to annoy the 'stud'. Her lengthy tail swishing and rear muscles clearly visible as Ahlora moved. She mare seemed to think of something before getting more than a few races away, and turned back.

"Tell me shadow, do you have a name I should call you? You clearly don't think I'd survive on my own, but if I do... I'd much prefer we meet knowing each other's birthrights." It was a small gesture, accompanied with a genuine small to show she really didn't mind his antics all that much. Heck, she might even let him get away with it sometime.

OOC: @Ricochet
Ahlora
Photo by Brandon Morgan at unsplash
Ricochet
Currently championing:

Oh hell no. Did she just deny him and try to play hard to get? Fuck. That. Let the Rift eat her alive now. Rico didn't have time for that kind of bullshit. Snorting he let his form relax, ears flat as he watched that ass sway that he was now extremely angry at. Bitches be complicated, and he didn't want to take the time to figure them out. Taking a step back he let her walk away, making it clear he had no intentions of following. He was not one to be played with, he may be horny but he had other means of satisfying himself. She was not needed, but a simple bonus.

Upon her next question he narrowed his eyes, blowing air from his nostrils and lashing his tail at his hips,"What is this Game of Thrones? You're outdating yourself with that kind of language. I ain't got time for a bitch who doesn't know what she wants. And I certainly don't give my name out to hoes who don't put out. Peace out." With that he was turning around, a final lash of his tail and harrumph leaving his lips as he made his way away from the portal.

-Exit Ricochet-

DON'T LET THE BASTARDS
GRIND YOU DOWN

@Ahlora - well that was fun lol. I enjoyed our thread together! I hope they meet again sometime.
Ahlora

Ahlora was surprised at first, mostly by the quickness of it all and the reference. Game of thrones? Was that how they chose pack... Herd leaders around here? She shrugged it off as one of his weird sayings, much like the one he first came to her with.

Then it was confusion. Ahlora was entirely unsure as to how a male with the demeaner of a pup pulling a tantrum could deny her. She wasn't that full of herself, but she was sure she had him figured out. Maybe he was just a lot simpler than she had first guessed. Oh well, what's done is done.

Finally, she felt both irritated and amused. He truly was acting like a pup trying to make himself a spot in the pack. She couldn't help but wonder if he was in a herd as he walked off in annoyance. She watched him for a moment more, trying to memorize his retreating features. Looks like he'll just remain my shadow... Let's see if he lives up to the nickname.

With that final thought, she departed in a random direction, through the mist and darkness. The further she walked, the more aware she was of... Something. It didn't feel good, that was for sure.

OOC: I enjoyed it as well! You have quite the interesting character!
Now I'll just wait for the portal response and then trot off somewhere else.
Ahlora
Photo by Brandon Morgan at unsplash
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The poor young girl, chasing a rabbit and dreams before tumbling into the Portal, before undergoing strange changes to her before falling on the Portal’s doorstep. Oh, how the Rift was pleased. It reaches out as a darkness, like a storm of locusts, the buzzing growing in pitch and vibration until it reaches you and becomes silent. The darkness still covers everything, effectively blinding you for the moment. It’s silent while it finds your magic and strikes, swallowing it whole into the abyss of the Portal’s power. It disregards your mutation, and pulls back, leaving the world just as it was before – but changing you partially instead.
the Rift
life between worlds

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Ahlora |

Magic:
The Rift devours your magic.

Mutations:
Shimmering dust coats her body and wings and can shift its colors and lift to dance around her.

Welcome to the Rift! :) Ahlora’s items transfer fine, just link the proof of obtaining them to this thread! As for the mutations, I think it fits well with her being a hybrid (as they can have as many horns/wings and etc if it’s a cross between a Pegasus and a unicorn) :D As for the shimmering dust vanity magic, we don’t really have vanity magics anymore and I thought it fit well as a mutation so that it won’t take up a magic slot of yours. That just means it can’t physically affect other characters, but as I think it’s purely aesthetic there shouldn’t be an issue with it as such :) Unfortunately, though, the Rift did eat your offensive magic :c but you can always trial to get it again!

Welcome to the Rift!
» Presence of the Rift «