This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Getting drunk just isn't worth this.
Trial Solanis 
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
Spiders swarmed the dark trunk of the tree. Carefully, quietly making their way up the bark, each one stopping just before a slumbering gem. Their metallic bodies laying in wait for the gem fairies that would surely be awoken by their master. Their creator stood a fair distance off, concentrating on the construction of new machines. Slowly, the forms of two mechanical misquotes took form. The size of mice, they were a far cry from the annoying little pests that bit one's flesh. With containers in their abdomens they could suck a fair portion of blood from another's veins.

But it was not blood the stallion was after, but sap. He had been tasked with ingesting the sap of the Deviltree. He cared little for the sap that contained the ability to make one drunk. But he desired the power the Rift was willing to give him in exchange for taking a sip. The problem was the gem fairies. He had placed all of his spiders next to a sleeping fairy, their fangs poised to attack should they awake and attack.

The swarm of vile creatures was not something the stallion wished to face. Instead choosing to send in his machines to stealthily take from the trunk. Once each machine was fashioned, they took to the air. Each one lighted quietly on the trunk before driving their sharp noses into the wood. They proceeded to suck, slowly extracting the rich sap into their holding tanks. Ruwin watched on, alert for any change in the fairies. So far, all remained still. The first mosquito had finished, extracting itself it began flying back to Ruwin. Bearing with it its great prize.

"Talk."

You have three choices in Life:
Get up, give in,
Or give it all you've got!
image || coding

Ruwin has to ingest the sap of the Deviltree

Tagging @Eira cause I know she needs to do something regarding a fairy. ANYONE IS WELCOME!

@Rift_Presence
You have my permission to use magic/force against Ru.
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Requiem
Currently championing: Reszo
Requiem was a wanderer. A traveler. She had no place that she called home that beckoned her and so she ventured ever onward, eager to see what else the Rift had to show her. Her eagerness was a far cry from the apprehension and dread that had filled her tiny chest when she had first arrived in the Rift after being torn from the land she was born in. She could only hope that her mother and her bother had found the same comfort that she did, though a small part of her doubted that Gabriel would ever disregard, let alone trust, the ever watchful eyes of the Rift.

It was not unusual for there to be rain wherever the filly ventured, and this time was no different. The soft patter of rain surrounded her, and in response the plantlife grew as it eagerly drank up the life giving liquid. But it served another purpose and that purpose was to keep Requiem cool. She had slacked in her trial and as a result she could feel her body beginning to heat up. She remembered the bird that had burst into flames and, not wanting that to happen to herself, she continually doused herself in rain.

Above the soft patter of her rain she could hear something else. Buzzing, maybe? She wasn't sure because it sounded different. Mechanical, almost. Her curiosity drove her toward the sound and what she eventually found was pretty odd. The first thing she noted was the stallion. Then the tree, which appeared to be covered by spiders. And, finally, two rather large mosquitoes -- one on the tree and one flying toward the stallion.

"What is that?" She asked, before she could stop herself. "What are you doing?"

"."
Requiem
“Oh, come forth into the storm and rout
And be my love in the rain.” 
― Robert Frost

image | coding

@Ruwin
Chase
Currently championing: Vjanta
Pain. Pain was all Chase felt in that moment, skin covered in blisters from the constant heat he felt. Ever since that darned bird burned up in front of him, his skin had been warming up slowly. It was tolerable for the first day, irritating the second, an utter annoyance the third... Today however, his skin was blistering. If his skin were visible under his coat, he was sure it would be the disturbing colour of a rose.

It was by luck, only the purest kind, that he found his salvation. The tree! Without his usual patience, Chase broke into a full out gallop towards it, stopping a few paces from that would equines already near it. His instincts told him that this was it, this was the tree he needed to drink from.

Having no idea why there were spiders and shiny creatures buzzing about, Chase figured it might be best to ask instead of rushing in to scrape the tree until he could get the liquid that would sooth his pain. He was beaten to the punch when one of the equines asked the same questions he would have, so he stood and listened for the male with odd wings to answer.

His wait was not a calm one, instead he was shifting his weight and flicking his tail every so often while the rain did nothing to cool him. He could only hope his temper didn't flare before he could possibly get some assistance.

"TALK"
OOC: Don't mind my angry boy :) @Requiem @Ruwin

Chase
The calm before the storm
will lure you into a sense of security
and it will be your downfall.
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
It was all going so smoothly. None of the gem fairies had awoken. The first mosquito had returned to him, lighting upon his wing before ducking down beneath it for cover. The second was finishing its task before quietly returning to him. This was when the first horse decided to appear. Uttering a question that seemed thunderously loud in the quiet of the moment. Another was quick to appear, the question upon his face the same as the one just asked.

He had to work extremely hard to stop himself from lifting his head to the heavens and asking 'why me?'. Why did the overly nosey ones always seem to find him? Better yet, why did everyone he met always seem intent upon talking to him? Aside from the select few, such and Aurelia and Rixen, he had little interest in socializing with others. He could live his life without the idle chatter, thank you very much. It was too much of a bother, playing nice. But instead of cursing or whining to the world of this, he raised a brow at the mare. "Why do you care so much about the actions of a stranger?" He questioned, directing he words to both horses. His voice was barely above a whisper. "And what would be my reason to tell you?"

Yes, he was being a jerk. But at the moment he didn't really care. He had no desire to engage in conversation here. Not so close to a tree infested with territorial little fairies. Fairies that'd be furious to learn that he had stolen some of their home's precious sap. As he had spoken the last of his two machines had begun flying towards him. Sap glistened on its needle-like nose. A single, rich drop, fell from the point and into the soil.

"If you don't want your flesh torn into by the fairies inhabiting that Deviltree-" He gestured with his horn to the tree his spiders were investing. "I suggest you keep your voice low. Or better yet, don't speak at all." He tossed his mane as he gave a soft snort. His spiders remained alert, ready to attack should the fairies awaken. His second sap-sucker had yet to reach him. Which held him in place at the moment. He could not risk the machine falling behind or being taken by another. Though he had the other one safe beneath his wing, he would feel more secure having two sources of the thick tree-juice on hoof.

"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Chase @Requiem

@Rift Presence

oc: I am so sorry for my boy's attitude. He is feeling rather grumpy at the moment. xD
Maiming and killing is not allowed. You can always message me if you're not sure about anything/want to plot something out. =D
Requiem
Currently championing: Reszo
Requiem was a nice girl. She was polite to those that she met because she had no reason whatsoever to be impolite or rude to a perfect stranger. She did know that not everyone felt the same way and every so often she came across someone rude enough to make her grandmother look like a saint. The stallion she was looking at now was rude, but not rude enough to make her turn and walk away without saying another word. Or, perhaps, it was her curiosity about what he was doing with those odd little insect machines and the deviltree.

Not long after her own arrival another stallion showed and her gaze shifted to him, then back to the other. "I don't care, really." The tri-colored girl finally answered. "Just curious." She might have even offered her own help if he hadn't been such a grump. His loss.

Movement drew her eyes back to the last mechanical insect that was flying away from the tree, and she watched silently as it flew slowly back toward its creator. There wasn't even a little bit of an explanation, only a warning about fairies -- what kind of fairies attacked horses? She'd have remained silent and stood by watching had it not been for his next comment -- the one about not speaking at all. The way it was delivered ruffled her feathers and, even though she was a nice girl, she was also the granddaughter of the Constrictor and didn't take too kindly to basically being told to shut up.

"If you don't want me to wake them I suggest you practice a little politeness." Requiem warned, her tone suggesting that she was oh-so-serious. 

"."

Requiem
“Oh, come forth into the storm and rout
And be my love in the rain.”
― Robert Frost

image | coding

@Ruwin @Chase
Chase
Currently championing: Vjanta
Chase was a little put off by the blunt rudeness of the winged horse who seemed to own the odd insects. Had he not been warned about fairies, whatever they were, Chase likely would have stamped his displeasure and went straight for the tree. Instead, he listened to the filly speak, feeling something akin to pride. She was confident, leaving him to wonder how she'd grow with those wings of hers to keep her from trouble.

With as soft a voice as the stallion could muster, Chase couldn't help some anger from sweeping into his words. "While ignoring you would be much easier, you seem to know more about this tree than I do, and I need some of it's sap. That is the extent of my interest in you. As for why you'd tell me," Chase stepped forward, eyes blazing with fire not unlike the one that would cover his coat soon. "I wouldn't be opposed to waking those fairies and leaving you to them."

Chase knew it was a risky move, but he was done playing games. While he wouldn't allow the filly to be harmed as a bystander in this, he needed that sap. By waking the creatures that protected the tree, he'd be in danger as well, but the bay stallion didn't care much. His temper was quicker to bite than usual with this heat growing on his skin, threatening to set him aflame any day now.

Chase
The calm before the storm
will lure you into a sense of security
and it will be your downfall.

@Ruwin @Requiem
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Queer silence has befallen the forest of vibrant giants and dormant monsters around you, but perhaps you are so caught up in your indignant quarrel that this important information has slipped your notice. Maybe it is the first time you have been here, to Solanis, and you presume naively that the unsettling quiet (even the soft patter of rain has lightened), is standard. It is possible that you simply don’t care -

But you should.

Within the cracks of the Deviltree’s black bark, small gemstones glisten and wink, even in this dreary Drench light - they could easily be mistaken for the shiny blood, sap, which pulses as the life-force of the tree. Tempting, no? The Rift is cunning, turning you into a brazen thief… But even as you speak, whisper and taunt each other for rise, the soft purr and click of machines (a sound that belongs not in these parts), has captured the notice of hiding creatures…

Quick-tempered creatures.

Insignificantly sized creatures with significantly sized wrath.

While your focus stands distracted, the gemstones begin to move and bitter eyes glare out from the shadows. They can see you - and they know what you seek, for you are not the first fools eager to sample the luscious flavour of their treasure. They are wary though… uncharacteristically so.

The deafening silence beyond your squabble has not slipped past their awareness.
the Rift
life from death
Ruwin the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
WATCHER
Not only were they not going to shut up or get out, they were now threatening to wake up the fairies. These two were morons and obviously not native to this land. Or else they would not be so keen on incurring the wrath of the tiny creatures. "I hope you can run faster than lightning then." He said to the hot headed punks. "If not they will be upon you faster then you can blink, or scream for help. Your torn by thousands of sharp beaks. I hear they like to go for the eyes first, tender a juicy." His tone was low and he swung his head towards the other stallion.

His machines that had fetched his own supply of sap were now nestled safely beneath a metal wing. "Ignorant threats will get you nothing, it will certainly not convince me to aid you in your endeavor." He said. "If you want the sap, then you are welcome to walk up to that tree and get it. " he lifted his other wing, the one not hiding his prize, pointing the metal tip towards the tree. "Mind you, my spiders will not be there to guard against their attack." He sensed a shift in the world. The machines on the tree becoming restless as they felt the change as well. Saw the eyes watching, though they made no move to attack.

Something bade them pause. Something had them afraid. Ruwin's guard was up, head on a swivel. The world was quiet. Far too quiet. "We are not alone." he growled a warning to the two. Hopefully they would be smart enough to catch onto the danger that gave the forest cause to grow still.

"Talk."

Get up, give in,
image || coding

@Chase @Requiem

@Rift Presence