This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
the world turned upside down.
RP Wanted The Portal 
Sidhra
Currently championing:

S I D H R A
- the night is dark and full of terrors -

It had been a quiet day.  Had been.  Until the portal opened and chaos poured through.  Like most days, Sidhra had been napping.  The fae much prefered the night to the day, so spent a good part of the day dozing and awaiting the return of the familiar embrace of night.  However, there was no way that she could ignore what was happening.  Her sensitive ears flicked in the direction of the commotion and each and every sound seemed to echo in her ears, shattering the peaceful morning.

The little mare rose to her feet quickly for one who had been asleep only moments before, picking her way through the labyrinth quickly and with well-practiced ease. She turned her strange back over her shoulder, wondering if Anuya had been alerted to the scene as well, but she never was adept at keeping tabs on the younger girl.  The fae blew the softest of snorts from her nostrils before returning her attention to the peculiar opening in the sky.  She had seen plenty of things that defied explanation here in the Rift.  But this? This was something else entirely.

The fae mare watched from the comforting arms of the familiar surroundings as the others so unceremoniously arrived.  She had certainly never seen newcomers quite literally rain from the skies.  Some managed to land with some degree of elegance.  Others dropped to the earth like stones, crushing all that lay beneath them.  Fae’s ears flicked and twitched with each noise, sensitive to the cacophony of sound that all but ruined an otherwise quiet day.

However, Sidhra could not bring herself to venture from her sanctuary - hidden away just out of sight from those who seemed to have been pulled from some foreign, faraway place. She had questions, of course, but she wanted to be absolutely certain these newcomers meant no harm to the Rift and its residents before making herself vulnerable. 

image credit

** NATIVE RIFTIAN ** 

Abilities: 
All of Sidhra's kind possess heightened senses (aided in part by their large ears), quick reflexes, and see the world more vividly than others though these are not magical abilities - simply traits established through years of living a nocturnal lifestyle.  Edit: Fae's also possess silvery blood.

MAGIC:

Telepathy. Sidhra is mute, and speaks directly into the minds of others.  She has never mastered the mind-reading component of this ability.
(This is her most important ability and the one I'd like to prioritize!)

Ocelot-shifting. Undiscovered magic.  All of Sidhra's kind possess shifting magic, but she has yet to discover her latent ocelot shifting. 

Immortality. (TBH i'm not sure how this works here. But this girl's supposed to be like 80. :0  I can totally have her age normally and thats nbd. )

No Items or anything else. :)
Anuya
Currently championing:

“Siddy!!” I called out, quite loudly, and effectively shattered any sense of camouflage my sister might have been adopting. She might prefer to watch from the shadows, but I didn’t mind being seeing - the pair of us were hardly the strangest things these Helovians would see in the Rift so they might as well get used to us. I strutted right over to her, my eyes bright and wild with excitement at what this day was presenting us.

Sometimes lands disappeared from the Rift but they didn’t usually come back, you know, and carrying baggage with them.

I dropped the plants I had been carrying by our hooves and gestured for my sister to help herself, if she wished. She wasn’t very prepared, showing up to watch the show without so much as a snack! “Are you seeing this shit?” One ear flattened when I catch the word leave my mouth, and I wondered whether Sidhra will mind it today. Of course I corrected myself all the same because mother might have be listening. “Uh, this stuff?” I stressed the new word more carefully, as if that might erase the other one I had spoken. My large ears flicked towards the sounds that these newcomers were making - they sure were making an awful lot of racket, that was for sure. “Should we... help?”

I wasn’t exactly down for being ‘ambassador to the Rift’ but I was interested in poking my head around and seeing what some of these critters were like. It might be worthwhile to tag along if Sidhra was up for being all first-born-princess (if we, you know, do the thing and forget about our eldest sister like our parents try to do) and doing the ‘civic duty’ thing. Then again, none of these horse-like-creatures coming through the portal were likely to know or care that our parents were a king or queen. This might be a perfect chance to slum it for a bit.

Though I’m practically dancing with anticipation, I won’t move from the spot I’m in now until Sidhra weighs in.

S I D H R A  &  A N U Y A

image credit

** Native Riftian **

Abilities:
Like Sidhra, Anuya is a fae horse and possess heightened senses (aided in part by their large ears), quick reflexes, and see the world more vividly than others though these are not magical abilities - simply traits established through years of living a nocturnal lifestyle.
edit: and silver blood

Magic:
Telekinesis - Anuya’s main magic is the ability to move objects around with her mind. As she is still young (by her family’s standards) she currently can only move things about the size of a pinecone
^ priority magic to save

Shape-shifting - Her form is a mountain owlet-nightjar

Immortality - also not sure how this works/translates into the rift, but Anuya is about 40 years old naturally but in ‘normal’ terms she looks and is about as mature as a 3 year old horse.
idea for 'immortal unless' - immortal unless burned to ashes (or something to do with flames?)

Items:
- two silver earrings connected by a silver chain
(but if she can't join with an item that's okay!)
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
These fae creatures had been a favorite of the shadows; always out at night; always brimming with life and magic. Two small gusts of relief amid suffocated skies. The long fingers reach and stretch, finding every nook and cranny that new life may hide in. But old life was not forgotten—and it descended upon the siblings with renewed, gleeful strength.

What, before, was insurmountable by its broken lifelessness was not an appetizing plaything. Shadows deepen as neon light fluoresces around the pair—beware! Even residents aren’t safe, now.
the Rift

[ACCEPTANCE NOTES : SIDHRA ]

Magic:
Offensive: Ability to use telepathy to converse in others' minds; when used, ear-tips tie themselves in knots.
Immortality: Immortal unless eyes and ears are removed from body.
The shadows, grown strong by the sudden influx of life and magic, finally grow strong enough to twist some and steal some of your magic.

[ACCEPTANCE NOTES : ANUYA ]

Magic:
Offensive: Ability to move objects with her mind.
Immortality: Immortal unless body is burned to absolute ashes.
A gleeful hiss wraps its shadowed, slithering wind around you, triumphantly taking with it your final magic.

She can join with items! Just add it to her profile and use this thread as link-proof! :)
Sidhra
Currently championing:

S I D H R A

The fae visibly winced as her name, or nickname rather, shattered the relative quiet.  She had been hoping to blend in, but the arrival of her younger sister had all but eliminated that possibility.  She held no ill-will for the girl, Anuya was young by fae standards.  But the older fae was wary about these newcomers and their unconventional means of arrival, hence her intention to watch from afar.  It was clear that Anuya held no such reservations regarding the foreigners. 

The older fae touched the younger girl’s shoulder gently, a usual greeting between the two.  Before turning her gaze back towards the spectacle.  However, her overlong ears flattened against her neck when she heard Anuya’s choice of language.  The blue fae whirled, silver eyes blazing with warning.  Sidhra knew she didn’t have to say a word, as Anuya was already correcting herself.  The older fae’s ears lifted, and she gave a tiny nod of approval at the new selection.  Ah, to be young. 

The little fae let Anuya’s query about helping these newcomers ring in her ears for a moment before answering.  She watched as the magic of the Rift continued to swirl around the newcomers, sometimes reacting as if it were angry or offended.  The fae knew Anuya’s intentions were good, as they often were.  But she worried about the implications of helping these newcomers that the Rift itself clearly held some disdain for. So instead, she shook her head, taking a half step backwards so as to illustrate that she thought we should stay here for the time being. With one foreleg the mare prodded Anuya’s plants, implying that the younger fae should wait here and eat her snack before they involved ourselves in something that may not yet concern them. 

image credit

Anuya
Currently championing:

"DREAMING AS THE DAYS GO BY, DREAMING AS THE SUMMERS DIE."

Shock of shock, her elder sister backs up and shakes her head - indicating that she doesn’t think it’s a good idea for them to go help out the newcomers. Anuya rolls her eyes and sighs, but settles in beside Sidhra all the same. “You are no fun, Siddy.” Anuya playful chides her sister, but follows the suggestion and lowers her head and gently picks up some of the glowing plants she has gathered so she can chew on them. Without her sister by her side, she wouldn’t be nearly so cautious - she would be flat out gorging herself with little ceremony - but she’s already earned a sharp glance from Sidhra once today and since she’s sure to earn at least a few more, she might as well not push it too much.

She gestured with her head for Sidhra to help herself if she wished - she had been careful to pick up a few of the plants her sister might prefer in addition to the overly-sweet ones Anuya would spend days seeking.

Her eyes drifted back to the group of creatures that were still practically pouring through the portal - but some had started to move off and out into other lands. As soon as she wasn’t near Sidhra, she’d be going over to investigate more closely - there were just so many questions she had about them. But, for now, she would observe and pretend as though she has every intention of behaving.

Well, some intention of behaving.

“Do you think they know how ugly they are?” She pondered while she chewed, grinning to herself in a near-wicked manner as she observed.

S I D H R A  &  A N U Y A

image credit
Sidhra
Currently championing:

S I D H R A

The little fae rolled her eyes at her sister, well aware that she could very well be crowned Sidhra: Ruiner of Fun in Anuya’s world.  But Sidhra would rather walk on the side of caution and save tomorrow for adventure than bound headlong into danger, much to her sister’s chagrin.  Of course, she knew well that Anuya would find some way to get herself into trouble as soon as she was out of sight.  The older fae wondered if her sister would ever outgrow this mischievous streak, but at the same time hoped she never would.

She watched from the corner of her eye as Anuya contented herself with her snack as more of these strange foreigners arrived to the Rift.  What a strange bunch they were.  They came in a variety of shapes and sizes, but there seemed to be some consistency to their appearances too.  It was all very strange, and that was saying something coming from a creature that had already spent 80 years surrounded by strange things. 

Sidhra dipped her head for a moment, pulling her attention away from the strange scene to pluck at a few choice plants that Anuya had brought. She appreciated that the younger fae had at least made an attempt to choose some healthier options. As the fae’s gaze returned to the portal, she found it strange just how quickly the newcomers spread out through the Rift.  Small groups seemed to make some attempt to organize, but it was obvious that there was no leader among them. Did they attend to make a new home here? 

A long ear flicked in Anuya’s direction at her question, and a smile pulled at the older fae’s lips almost immediately.   “Not ugly just so...brown,” Sidhra added, via mind-speech, with an amused look on her face.  Strangely, when she used her telepathy to speak, her ears seemed to twitch and knot themselves together before untangling themselves.  

Too close to the portal, she thought to herself.  She pressed her nose to her sister’s shoulder and gestured towards the coast, letting her sister know that they had likely overstayed their welcome and she didn’t want to linger for fear of being caught up in something that didn’t concern them.  It was clear these newcomers weren’t going anywhere, they would have plenty of time to interact with them when things were safer...

image credit

Anuya
Currently championing:

"DREAMING AS THE DAYS GO BY, DREAMING AS THE SUMMERS DIE."

Brown, ugly - the two words were synonymous for Anuya. Only the worst things in the Rift were brown - the hard bark of trees, the sticky mud that sucked at her hooves during the rainy season, the piles of shit that everyone left all over the place.

She was so focused on comparing the various shades of the new arrivals to the various shades of shit that she didn't even notice Sidhra's ears tying themselves into knots when her older sister spoke.

But her attention returned at last when she felt the gentle touch of a muzzle on her shoulder and her glowing eyes turned to see Sidhra gesturing to the coast - gesturing away. She rolled her eyes, but it was good-naturedly this time - and turned to leave. She planned on coming right back, of course, as soon as she and Sidhra parted ways but she couldn't deny that she was uneasy being this close to the portal - to the feeling that it had robbed her of something...

S I D H R A & A N U Y A

image credit
Sidhra
Currently championing:

S I D H R A

Sidhra narrowed her eyes, slightly, when Anuya seemed to agree to her suggestion of leaving this place.  The older fae liked nothing about this strange new development.  She didn’t like the fact that these strangers were pouring through this strange portal.  She didn’t like that strange magic now seemed to seep into this land.  And she certainly didn’t like that she had no explanation for any of it.  Perhaps it was a consequence of her age, but Sidhra liked knowing.  Of course, there were many strange and unknown things in this place, but something to this degree hadn’t happened since the Gods had disappeared and failed to return. 

Regardless, until she did know she didn’t want to jeopardize Anuya’s safety.  All fae’s were naturally curious, but Anuya had enough curiosity in her for half a dozen fae.  So needless to say, Sidhra had to be wary enough for the both of them.  

“I mean it, Anuya,” her mental tone was scolding, but still light. However the worry seemed to echo.   “We don’t know what’s going on yet. We have to be safe.”  But perhaps what she really meant was I don’t know what’s going on yet. You have to be safe.

Annoyingly, her ears knotted themselves together again.  Her brow furrowed in irritation, and she nudged Anuya once more towards the coast before slipping away into the familiar maze of trees and vines - making certain that her little sister was following. 

image credit