This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Buoyant are her golden wings
Trial Solanis 
Eleos
Currently championing:

For the first time since noticing that queer colored feline, these distracted, uneasy globes flick attentively in her direction. Thoughtfully, their inner rooms mimic the rehearsal of said idea - allowing the time-consuming notion of trap-making to evaporate without complaint. After a moment, that practical organ found it reasonable enough to stand upon safely. "Aye," I allow, murmuring under the awn of a light, discontented sigh, "we can try." Waterlogged tendrils of milky hair flash softly against these hocks. Irises swivel, making a purposeful gesture toward our right, "I'll circle this way," another burst of heavenly crescendo echoes my intent. The timing of it could be considered a foreboding omen, "be careful." Luckily, neither of us were superstitious. Molten cores level upon her sleek, youthful expression, they linger there...softening fractionally before turning aside, hardening into brittle gems. My damp, feathered arm coils tighter into the carriage it rode.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:

Though hungry, he has no matter to attend more urgent than his own appearance and plants his lithe body upon that fringe before the glade. The male, in his prime and without any sense of fear, busies himself properly and forgets that strange creatures loiter, their mumbling voice soon lost to the rhythm of his own rising pulse.

He cranes backwards on the spot, pale blue tongue darting out as his chin sweeps by his tail and he licks it, pinning each ruffled quill back into line with saliva. He works vigorously, fastidiously, for others like he, roam the same forest and his task is to present a better, bright and well-kept display in order to ward them away. He is proud of his mate, the litter of four whom they raise, and has not the interest in losing them for the sake of such mistakes.

When he is certain the feathers are fine, he views them thoroughly, carefully, with a steady, meticulous eye, the male turns back around and begins to bathe his fur. He starts with his left fore paw, licking it in short, sharp bursts, until the mud which has collected between his toes has been cleansed - then he begins on the arm…
the Rift
what lies beneath
» Presence of the Rift «

Zahra
Currently championing:
Zahra & Ilham
It was pride that turned angels into devils
At least this way, Zahra thought, swallowing hard against the bubble of apprehension that had formed in her throat, the potential for either of them to meet grievous harm (like the tree, like the ghosts, like every interaction he had suffered by the Rift really), would be minimal. As precious seconds ticked by and the point the cat should finish preening grew nearer, the golden-bellied mare drew a breath, touching her eyes upon the softening features of the stallion before he turned - before he did so, an encouraging smile lit up her expression.

“We can do this…” it meant to assure.

For a moment longer, she watched his saturated, slim figure melt away between the giant fronds of Solanis’s colourful fernery. Only when she was sure he could not see, the daughter of the Gallant and the Starry-Eyed, the should be princess of the Hidden Falls, let her aching lungs vomit their content into the chilly wall of rain. It was a living nightmare that she could not wake from, a curse for which there was no cure, and Zahra felt both sadness and guilt for the predicament (particularly his), which they’d found themselves in.

Nevertheless, there was a task to be completed and narrowing her gaze back down across the feline, the painted girl focused, calling upon the magical fibres in her soul to produce for them a distraction… nay, a lure.

He sat there, beneath an emerald green awning, oblivious to the fact that it was being so closely watched - or perhaps he knew, just had a little understanding of mortality. They meant not to destroy him however, Zahra felt confident this time that she and Eleos were truly on the same page. As he finished straightening his lovely, long peacock tail and began to lick a small front paw, an impressively large centipede crawled across the soil before him…
Eleos
Currently championing:

Gold ringed irises fixate on the radiant creature, dutifully scanning his exotic procession of jade, beryl fringe. Their crux is hard with adamance…but the molten rim softens to reflect grim amusement. I can’t help but wonder how this beautifully eccentric creature could groom itself with such ease…with such confidence. As if the forest was his cozy, earthen den; rather than hell incarnate...with menaces stalking for easy prey beneath a grievous, disagreeable sky.

In the inactive moments of waiting for my companion to procure a decoy…this mind slips onto a scarlet track. It barrels inward -- ushering a constant, internal buzz into focus. There was a sense of wrongness that ate me…(the same guilt had arose the night after our previous encounter) likely fed by his lack of caution and the ease of our ambush. The buzzing noise strengths, becoming warbling static…then a hissed word, ‘look,’ it rasps, passing over my subconscious like a snake passing his tongue to taste the air, ‘look what this place is turning you into.’ We'd been reduced to petty thievery; the sort of trouble that children seek when their fathers weren’t looking.  

Eyelids squeeze shut, willing the jeering voice to disappear. Miraculously, it does…it dissolves on command, as easily and gently as snow on the first warm day of spring. These eyes reopen just in time to see our target rise from his hunkered position - indigo face laboring forward, obviously distracted by something I couldn’t see. An impression of coolness strangles my astonishment until stern, unyielding focus is all that remains.

As quietly as they can, these broad shoulders push through their cover of interlocked foliage. They force past a collection of resentful briers that prickle against my damp flesh; though the nettles aren’t long enough to pierce – they could (and did) leave a raked path in my rain slicked coat. One patched foreleg lifts, scattering mud when it sharply comes down upon his pristine train. Ebon jaws twitch apart, snaking low; their ivory gullies aim to loosen a quill and jerk it away. Hindquarters quiver anxiously, ready to pull back when the pin was secure.

Rift Presence
Currently championing:
There is movement in the rainy dimness where he sits. It flags like neon brights in the darkness, a glaringly triggering that predator’s pulse, provocative, a glint in the corner of his brilliantly perceptive eye. The cat pauses his fastidious bath, turning those cunning oculars only slightly to acknowledge the appearance of the insect - large, succulent, scuttling! - and his tongue tingles with intrigue.

He is motionless, a statue, though his breath quickens with excitement. Only the rapscallion twitch of the ears upon the pinnacle of his sleek, sapphire crown betray the life waiting baitedly within. It slithers nearer, and his glowing, growing pupils trace its path; the tongue wedged between rows of clenched teeth curls and clicks, anticipating.

Waiting…

The forest surrounding has become a dull blur, a whisper of insignificance against the preoccupation of his mind. Instinct summons fully his attention. The cat fails to see that the larger creatures have moved.

…and then -

Those bound down haunches uncoil with perfect slowness, meticulous measure, and his shoulders descend all the while. Every fibre of his being is forced and focused, every thread of awareness is tied to the centipede; it is unaware, innocent in its own personal endeavour and it slithers by, within inches of the hunter’s nose.

The cat pounces suddenly, swift as the wind that drives the rain and in unison, a colossal weight bears down upon the feathers of his tail. A hiss ignites from fully bared fangs and he turns to clamp a bite around the leg of his aggressor. As he swivels against the unyielding pressure, three of those glorious peacock quills tear free, and then suddenly the hold on him is relinquished.

Abandoning his own attack, the pavo cat slips away through low foliage and flees.
the Rift
what lies beneath

Congratulations! The Pavo Cat has fled, leaving behind three of its long tail feathers. Though these aren't enchanted, you are welcome to claim them and add them to the items list in your profile.
» Presence of the Rift «

Zahra
Currently championing:
Zahra & Ilham
It was pride that turned angels into devils
The centipede was the perfect decoy, swiftly ensnaring the predatory, playful focus of the proud blue feline. As the curious-looking insect slithered obliviously beneath the very nose of their tailed-target, he paused his bath and the crook of his rounded skull shifted ever so slightly. He’s seen it, Zahra thought wishfully, holding her breath and snapping her eyes towards the foliage which had minutes before, swallowed her friend; the building pressure of anticipation caused the smoky skin encasing her shoulder to flinch wildly. In an attempt to relieve a small quantity of tension, the boldly feathered wings which had risen slightly to sit ajar, shuffled softly, quietly.

And then, while the cat was engrossed with his quarry, ears pitched forward and eyes trained to the glistening black shell—there was no denying it was an awesome-looking critter—movement flickered through the lazy shadows behind and the tall, sleek figure of a stallion appeared behind him. Yes! Golden eyes strained through the fog of falling rain to view his, to capture their strength of the focus as he crept so meticulously until a single fore-hoof was in reach; with baited breath she observed it rise—

The pavo cat swung around as the dead-like weight fell so heavily upon his luxurious tail and an excited grin curled a brazen path through Zahra’s furrowed expression; she’d not realised the gravity of her mood until that moment when the burden of apprehension vanished from her mind and the prize had been claimed. New, fresh, frivolous energy sparked in her mind and she found herself dancing forward a few feet, eagerly awaiting his reaction to success. Their target had swivelled to defend himself, teeth bared, sleek, sapphire features ignited with vexation—clearly their attack was unexpected.

Feathers came loose and the creature fled the scene rapidly and the golden-bellied pegasus and her friend were left with three stunning trophies. Approaching without caution this time—elated, exhilarated—Zahra offered Eleos a bubbly giggle and brighter smile still, “too easy!” Though the rain continued to fall, cold and utterly miserable, she hoped that the small victory might fill him with new confidence; faith that perhaps the string of (seemingly endless) bad luck, might finally have come to an end.

{Zahra is done}
Eleos
Currently championing:

Fruition came rapidly; climaxing in a matter in seconds…

To my unenthusiastic delight, our ambushed host whirls on his toes, upgrading from ‘noble trophy’ to enraged cyclone. In the seconds just before that desperate, hobbled creature closed in -- my rain dappled face eagerly retreats; floating just out of reach to preserve my valuable, halcyon goblets from possible maim and...to serve thunderstruck alarm. 'What fantastic speed!' Ambush had been our victorious move; without ‘surprise’ in our deck, this lithe creature would've easily outmaneuvered us. Empty incisors snap close obediently, but their rearguard is grinding, resentful of this ordeal. With effort, I contain that instinctual flash of desire to give in...to gather readily available fury and wage unnecessary war against this beautiful, unfortunate thing. Beneath my firmly rooted foot, unbeknownst to me, a trio of jade shafts loosen from their socket(s). His furious spittle and needle-like teeth sink into the lower juncture of my leg with puncturing intent. A sharp burst of pain is flung upward; my innards consciously tighten, barely holding back their thunderous response.

Patched hindquarters swing in reverse, backtracking. Amid retreat, my offending hoof elevates; jerking forward and up, sharply attempting to dislodge him. Either the effort to shake him worked or he foaled second thoughts -- either way, the cat abandons our shuffle and disappears with lightning speed into the close-knit foliage around us. Wide eyes fix upon that spot it vanished through as tiny droplets of blood rise in greeting, their color blends against mud soaked skin. Zahra moves forward, effectively taking center-stage, "Aye," a steadying breath eases the load from my heart and encourages adrenaline to evaporate. Within moments, my expression is light enough to make room for a rare, triumphant smile. Below...I'm amused to find not one…but three of his glorious eye-pins.

{Him too!}